PDA

View Full Version : My apology to Dexter/ Green day HORROR

Bejka
09-24-2009, 06:20 AM
I must apologize to Dexter for writing comments about his clothes - I'm really really really really really SORRY!

I realized it's not that bad with him after this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ji9yaGsXU

I never paid attention to Green day, and now I see that they are using so much make up and stuff, they are dressed like teenage EMO....... I couldn't believe my eyes! I was in shock! This is horrible! They supposed to be ADULT PUNK ROCK MEN, but they are retarded emo children.

(Sorry to Green day fans)

Anyway, sorry Dexter, you are gorgeous the way you are and always will be. Even if you never change your clothes and never take a shower again, I will like you, because I'm glad you not trying to be something that you're not.

- yes, this should be in Other bands

Free?
09-24-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Dexter feels much better now.

Bejka
09-24-2009, 06:26 AM
I feel much better :p

Rutegard
09-24-2009, 06:38 AM
I feel much better :p

glad it worked for u :)

dexterone
09-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I can´t understand Green Day....what they wanna prove....what is their aim...they´re looking really awfully....the only one good song is 21 Guns...maybe the reason is,that all the songs of American Idiot have the same riffs....

Jesus
09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Good to see someone over the age of 15 is still judging people based on their appearances. I'm looking forward to the other insightful topics you will undoubtly make.

Llamas
09-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I have liked Green Day for quite some time, but fell off liking them as much with the last two albums. Their looks don't really have anything to do with that... I think they look silly, but that has no effect on their music.

Watching that interview made me wanna listen to them. I think I'm gonna go listen to Green Day right now. :)

nightvision
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
the only one good song is 21 Guns...

I don't get why so many people like that song, I find it plain boring.

Llamas
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
the only one good song is 21 Guns...maybe the reason is,that all the songs of American Idiot have the same riffs....

Have you listened to any albums besides American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown? They have much, much better stuff than that. Eight albums worth of stuff...

AI songs don't have the same riffs as each other, either. I can't stand that album, but it's not because of riffs; it's because of terrible songwriting and annoying lyrics.

Jesus
09-24-2009, 10:25 AM
With me is the complete opposite. I sort of lost complete interested a bit before Nimrod. Only to become a fan again because American Idiot. I rate their later material much higher than their "middle" career stuff (but stuff like christie road, words i might have ate, 2000 lightyears away obviously still make me all warm inside and make me 10 years younger).

RageAndLov
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Good to see someone over the age of 15 is still judging people based on their appearances. I'm looking forward to the other insightful topics you will undoubtly make.

+1 it means i agree

Llamas
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
With me is the complete opposite. I sort of lost complete interested a bit before Nimrod. Only to become a fan again because American Idiot. I rate their later material much higher than their "middle" career stuff (but stuff like christie road, words i might have ate, 2000 lightyears away obviously still make me all warm inside and make me 10 years younger).

Oh yeah? Warning and Dookie are my favorite albums... which is kinda funny because Dookie is their most straight forward "punk", and Warning is what I consider to be the most experimental.

But that's interesting. Do you count Dookie as "middle" career and Warning as newer? Cause I do. I wasn't big on Nimrod, Insomniac was alright... and well I haven't given 21st Century too much of a chance because I didn't like it the first time. I'm listening to it again right now, and so far I like it more than I did before... and much more than AI.

Jesus
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I only consider Nimrod and Insomniac to be the "mid career" albums (so not dookie). Warning I do consider part of their newer stuff. Nimrod and Insomniac always seemed to me as albums from a band that actually didn't seem interested in making music anymore or had fun doing it. While Warning is the complete opposite (i love that album too!).

21st century has like 4-5 songs throwaway songs and around 7-8 which I really like. Which is quite a lot for me. It definitely took a while to get used to the album for me though.

dff_punk
09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I liked 21 guns, until it became overplayed. Same with some songs from American Idiot.

Llamas
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I only consider Nimrod and Insomniac to be the "mid career" albums (so not dookie). Warning I do consider part of their newer stuff. Nimrod and Insomniac always seemed to me as albums from a band that actually didn't seem interested in making music anymore or had fun doing it. While Warning is the complete opposite (i love that album too!).

21st century has like 4-5 songs throwaway songs and around 7-8 which I really like. Which is quite a lot for me. It definitely took a while to get used to the album for me though.

Ah gotcha. Yeah, Warning is awesome. A straight up fantastic record. And I agree on Insomniac and Nimrod - especially Nimrod. There are only two songs on Nimrod that I especially like.

After listening to 21st Century again, I do more or less like it. It's got a lot of garbage, but definitely some strong stuff. AI only has like 3 songs I like (Holiday, Are We the Waiting, and Letterbomb). I'm glad they ditched the whole idea of trying to write "multi-movement" songs, because it was just something they couldn't do right. I think I'd be able to respect them more if they didn't try to do these rock operas, either, because I don't think they're talented enough to pull them off ala the Who or Queen or any of some of those kings.

So I'm trying to listen to 21st Century as individual songs instead of as what they're trying to pass it off as... I think it'll annoy me less that way, because I do like a lot of these songs. :)

Free?
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I liked 21 guns, until it became overplayed. Same with some songs from American Idiot.

I don't listen to radio and I don't watch TV, but when saw Transformers 2 I got enough of 21 Guns for a long time.

There's an official Green Day thread, and this thread is weird.

Rutegard
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
ys i was going to mention that and can we all go back to the weird topic of how sorry i am for judge u based on your clothes :P

Redjie
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
oh come on! u guys are giving up now that I arrived to give my opinion Green Day clothing? :rolleyes:

Bejka
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
it's not only the clothes, also make up and everything together. Green day is like a boyband

Redjie
09-24-2009, 02:02 PM
LOL, they are also one of the greatest bands everrrrrrr *runs*

Harleyquiiinn
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Next week, we will be talking about Chester's, from Linkin Park, haircut.

Please, study the subject untill then:

http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr&source=hp&q=chester%20linkin%20park&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Redjie
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
blond chester owns it all ^^'
but i like shinoda better!

Rutegard
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL, they are also one of the greatest bands everrrrrrr *runs*

u better run :P

Redjie
09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
u better run :P

U can't touch meh! *tanananana* Can't touch me!

RageAndLov
09-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Next week, we will be talking about Chester's, from Linkin Park, haircut.

Please, study the subject untill then:

http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr&source=hp&q=chester%20linkin%20park&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Hahaha! xD

Llamas
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
it's not only the clothes, also make up and everything together. Green day is like a boyband

Boy bands don't play instruments or write songs. Green Day is nothing like a boy band, just because of how they look.

This thread is really so stupid... Music is far more important than looks. I'd still like the Offspring if they wore garbage and make up.

Smash punker
09-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Dex with make up like that? Ahh fucking horrible!!! :eek: Used to be GD fan, but I´m not anymore. The stuff that they have become makes sick, so no more GD for me

Bejka
09-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Boy bands don't play instruments or write songs. Green Day is nothing like a boy band, just because of how they look.

This thread is really so stupid... Music is far more important than looks. I'd still like the Offspring if they wore garbage and make up.

but their music is nothing special. too american, it's not music for people. and ut's too depressive

RageAndLov
09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
but their music is nothing special. too american, it's not music for people. and ut's too depressive

Too American? What makes Green Day's music more American than Offspring's Americana?

Blitz!
09-25-2009, 12:45 PM
also make up

Talking about make up ... lets not forget about our beloved ORANGE Dexter in Can't Repeat :D

Little_Miss_1565
09-25-2009, 01:00 PM

LOL, because Americans aren't people.

Free?
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Close this thread please?

dexter12296566
09-26-2009, 08:11 AM
I used to like Green Day and i still like a couple older songs but they arent punk anymore and I love dexter more just liike you do

Bejka
09-26-2009, 12:52 PM

:D what I wanted to say is that they are focused on USA and their problems, they are not making music for everyone. I love music when is universal and international, and also supertemporal (?). I don't like concrete lyrics. That's also the main diffrence between Offspring and Green day for me. Also Offspring have much more funny songs, they do music for fun and they are not trying to save the world.

Rutegard
09-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Talking about make up ... lets not forget about our beloved ORANGE Dexter in Can't Repeat :D

HOW can i possible forget about that?!?!

no sir, i cant!!

Llamas
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
:D what I wanted to say is that they are focused on USA and their problems, they are not making music for everyone. I love music when is universal and international, and also supertemporal (?). I don't like concrete lyrics. That's also the main diffrence between Offspring and Green day for me. Also Offspring have much more funny songs, they do music for fun and they are not trying to save the world.

Actually, Green Day only has one album that might seem like it's only about America (and it's actually not). They have 7 other albums. And Offspring also has one album that's about America, plus a bunch of other songs. LAPD? Come Out and Play? Pretty Fly? Americana? These songs are about the US or US society/culture. Both bands have a few songs about the US, and a ton of songs about other stuff. Your argument is terrible and wrong.

Even in Stuff is Messed Up... Dexter talks about Bud Light, Pimp My Ride... American things.

I actually can't think of ANY Green Day songs that are about the US besides the song "American Idiot"...

Green Day trying to save the world? You are just making things up... Green Day is just as much fun as the Offspring.

dexter12296566
09-26-2009, 05:13 PM

What the fuck???!!! I am a person!!! I find that offensive!
American by birth, not by choice!!!

Free?
09-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah, this thread has gone far too racist.

BKDH_1984
09-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Never ever mix Dexter Holland with Green Day. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BKDH_1984
09-27-2009, 03:18 AM

I am sooo pround to be an American.

Eventhough, my blood is Mexican. xD

American by birth, not by choice!!! This Is sooo QFT.

my DNA is 100% American/Mexican.

Little_Miss_1565
09-27-2009, 10:08 AM

I think you have entirely lost the plot when it comes to Green Day. Doesn't it feels entirely ridiculous to be discussing a pop band in these terms?

American by birth, not by choice!!!

It was sarcasm, because Bejka said something offensive. Relax.

Bejka
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
offensive? everything is offensive for you.

Little_Miss_1565
09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
offensive? everything is offensive for you.

Yeah, I guess I'm crazy to think that your snide remarks were intended to be anything but nice.

Bejka
09-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm crazy to think that your snide remarks were intended to be anything but nice.

LOL I don't understand but OK :D

ad8
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Emo clothes, "not being punk anymore"-debate, racism... nice thread:D

Smash punker
09-29-2009, 07:28 AM
I am sooo pround to be an American.

Eventhough, my blood is Mexican. xD

This Is sooo QFT.

my DNA is 100% American/Mexican.

Yeah mexican bandito :D

TakesMeNowhere28
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't get why people hate on American Idiot. Yeah, Green Day may have made a bad decision to go political on an album, but I think the songs are great. I like it better than any of their other albums including Dookie. I'm not some newcomer to Green Day either. I became a fan of them even before Dookie came out. I could listen to the American Idiot album straight through over and over and not get tired of it. If that makes me pathetic, so be it.

weezly
10-08-2009, 05:07 AM
i love greenday

BKDH_1984
10-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah mexican bandito :D

Hands Down/Good Times :cool: