PDA

View Full Version : yo

Al Coholic
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
So it occurs to me that most of the threads on page 2 are left for dead, while any thread on page 1 is subject to a reply. Exceptions, sure. But I think we can all agree that even though we sometimes check page 2 or even 3, we often don't bother. Sometimes because the first page of a forum encompasses the last 3 days of replys. And still I think we can agree that we sometimes bump a 2-3 day old thread that was on page one - something we may not have done had it not been.

So, in the interest of expanding perceptually 'active' threads, could we possibly double the amount of threads per of a forum? It's just text and links, can't take up any noticable time while the page loads...

Skinny
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Good idea, but really if a thread was of a high enough quality it would likely stay on page one and if for some reason it slipped to page two, then users who enjoyed it would look for it and, alas, find it on page two..

Harleyquiiinn
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I also think it's a good idea... sometimes the General Chat is very active and some interesting threads go directly page 2 without being seen... And I never go to page 2, I admit it :D

chicapowerpunk
09-25-2009, 03:38 PM
So it occurs to me that most of the threads on page 2 are left for dead, while any thread on page 1 is subject to a reply. Exceptions, sure. But I think we can all agree that even though we sometimes check page 2 or even 3, we often don't bother. Sometimes because the first page of a forum encompasses the last 3 days of replys. And still I think we can agree that we sometimes bump a 2-3 day old thread that was on page one - something we may not have done had it not been.

Well you are moderator??:eek::eek:

Al Coholic
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
No :eek::eek::eek:

Serioudly why the 'eek' emoticon

dexter12296566
09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I usually just read the first few comments and then post witch will get people mad at me for two things
1: Someone has already said that
or
2: I am bumping an old thread,
but after a while I get bored and want to post my thoughts(usually considered spamming, though)

Tijs
09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
So, in the interest of expanding perceptually 'active' threads, could we possibly double the amount of threads per of a forum? It's just text and links, can't take up any noticable time while the page loads...It doubles the pressure on the database, the forums are slow enough as it is sometimes!

But it never bothered me to check the second page. I visit this place often enough to see all the threads before they dissapear from the first page so I know the interesting threads exist.

dexter12296566
09-26-2009, 07:06 AM
It doubles the pressure on the database, the forums are slow enough as it is sometimes!

But it never bothered me to check the second page. I visit this place often enough to see all the threads before they dissapear from the first page so I know the interesting threads exist.

The forum is being really slow right now! It is pissing me off!

Blitz!
09-26-2009, 08:22 AM

I second Tijs

It is not much of an effort to scroll to the second or third page, so I don't really see a need for a change.

Rutegard
09-26-2009, 09:49 AM
It doubles the pressure on the database, the forums are slow enough as it is sometimes!

but u ARE a mod :P

anyway, i agree with him...

Al Coholic
09-26-2009, 10:11 AM
It never bothers me to do so, and yet I never bother.

Harleyquiiinn
09-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Oh Ok then :)