PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Cuomo's Myspace

nieh
01-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah...he actually has a myspace thing. The link is on weezer's website. I'll copy one of his posts here

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=1480919&Mytoken=20041026163249

It gives me hope that their next album...won't suck because of things like this:

"Many fans also criticized the music. They heard both Maladroit and The Green Album as being “mechanical” and “emotionless”. I tried to evaluate the criticism objectively but I made little progress. I had extinguished my faculty of self-criticism in 1998-2000 in order to make the comeback. Now I could not tell if my current predicament was just a classic case of an audience lagging behind the development of an artist (as in the case of Bob Dylan when he went electric) or if I had I really “lost something”. I reacted defensively, calling the fans “little bitches” in an interview with Guitar World magazine. Now the fans were unhappy, the record company was unhappy, my associates were unhappy, and I was unhappy. I did not know what could be done to change that.

I fell further into a life of ego and vice. Still, deep inside, I was having serious doubts. I asked myself, “Is my life really supporting the production of the kind of music I know I am capable of?” I had to admit that my music no longer gave me the feeling of sublime ecstasy that it once had. Although I had already written another large pile of songs for our fifth album, I put all plans to record on hold. There was a revolution brewing in my unconscious, soon to be triggered by the man we had hired a few months earlier to produce the album, Rick Rubin. "

and it goes on for more, but basically he's saying he's not particularly a fan of the green album or maladroit.

Talman
01-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I've always found that Rivers looks into things in too much detail. People probably don't like some of the albums because the music sucked. If you question everything in life with so much depth it's gonna fuck you up sooner or later. I read an interview with Rivers in Kerrang. At one point in his life he actually was pretty fucked up.
________
Free amazon gift cards (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/amazon-gift-cards/)

samr
01-23-2005, 02:17 PM
weezer sucks.

Chris
01-23-2005, 03:06 PM
more to the point, myspace sucks.

Naz
01-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I started a myspace profile and after 2 minutes I got bored of making it.

Jack the Tripper
01-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I started a myspace profile and after 2 minutes I got bored of making it.

I'd be bored too if I was making something like you'd make

Chris
01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I was listening to 2 emo girls opposite me on the train to a gig, talking about their myspace accounts - I really did have to bite my tongue. One word - cliché.

nieh
01-24-2005, 04:05 AM
yeah, I kind of thought it was funny he had it because it's like, the epitome of emo.