PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost to bring the offspring toyour town?

melan999
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah, the title is rather self explanatory.

How much would it cost to bring the offspring to my town in South Texas ?

KHWHD
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
A lot? :eek:

Oxygene
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the title is rather self explanatory.

How much would it cost to bring the offspring to my town in South Texas ?

Um.. I don't think this should even be discussed anyway.

randman21
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
It's free. All you have to be is 13 and Jewish.

Little_Miss_1565
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
You would probably have an easier time having a concert promoter from your area contact the Offspring's booking agent. There's a lot more that goes into putting on a show than just paying the band -- there needs to be an excellent chance people will show up in large numbers, stage, lights, electricity, and lots of other stuff, which most places just don't have.

Zee
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
In 2005 a beer company fully sponsored The Offspring to play a club gig in Finland, no ticket sales or anything. I can say, it wasn't pocket money. :D Add to that that they had to come from the U.K and leave to Spain after the gig.

[edit] May I add, that was a really nice event. The sponsor gave 350 free Greatest Hits albums, free drinks at the show and The Offspring playing at a club. Thank you Koff! One of the best experiences for me. :)

Tomasisko
09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
[edit] May I add, that was a really nice event. The sponsor gave 350 free Greatest Hits albums, free drinks at the show and The Offspring playing at a club. Thank you Koff! One of the best experiences for me. :)

that's my dream

Zee
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
that's my dream

Hopefully it'll come true!

It was nerve wrecking to wait who the band in the club would be. They gave hints once in a week about the band. First one was "they're much more rock 'n roll than 50 Cent". People who guessed right would enter the contest to win tickets. When the band was announced, people could write fan applications. Jeez, I wrote a full length book why I should get the tickets. I managed it. As a price they sent me one album, free drinking tickets and the show ticket. Or not an actual ticket, but with your ID they would let in.

That was the last time the beer company did this 'superstars' in a club situation. And I can believe why, they paid themselves fucking sick. :D The history was Foo Fighters in 2003, 50 Cent in 2004 and The Offspring in 2005.

Tomasisko
09-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Hopefully it'll come true!

It was nerve wrecking to wait who the band in the club would be. They gave hints once in a week about the band. First one was "they're much more rock 'n roll than 50 Cent". People who guessed right would enter the contest to win tickets. When the band was announced, people could write fan applications. Jeez, I wrote a full length book why I should get the tickets. I managed it. As a price they sent me one album, free drinking tickets and the show ticket. Or not an actual ticket, but with your ID they would let in.

That was the last time the beer company did this 'superstars' in a club situation. And I can believe why, they paid themselves fucking sick. :D The history was Foo Fighters in 2003, 50 Cent in 2004 and The Offspring in 2005.

As the fairy tale :D I didn't know about this concert. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that :p

ConspiracyofMegs
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
A more important question is how much would it cost to get them to play at your wedding. ;)

Zee
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
As the fairy tale :D I didn't know about this concert. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that :p

Offspring.com also had 16 tickets to give, here was the news. (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2005&newsID=423311)

Ok, I'm done about remembering this gig. It's just clearly my number one. Sorry. :)

BKDH_1984
09-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Priceless. ;) ;) :rolleyes: :p

Oxygene
09-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Guys first off discussing specific amounts I think constitutes a breach in the rule that forbids discussion of their personal shit. Second anyone who knows for sure will have had to sign a confidentiality paper anyway. So whatever amounts are going to float around are
a) gonna be wrong
b) probably gonna get taken down and edited out

So let's keep private shit private

holland25
09-29-2009, 02:51 AM
A more important question is how much would it cost to get them to play at your wedding. ;)

Haha, this is MY dream :D

NotTheOne_NL
09-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Yeah and only playing sappy lovesongs:D:D

Little_Miss_1565
09-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Guys first off discussing specific amounts I think constitutes a breach in the rule that forbids discussion of their personal shit. Second anyone who knows for sure will have had to sign a confidentiality paper anyway. So whatever amounts are going to float around are
a) gonna be wrong
b) probably gonna get taken down and edited out

So let's keep private shit private

Not necessarily true. When I was booking bands to play on campus when I was in college, I had a bunch of websites that quoted, publicly, how much a band would ask to play a private show.

However, I am going to take down guesses and attempts to impress others with pretend insider knowledge, because I know we don't have any actual concert promoters here, and speculation borne out of boredom is how rumors get started.

ad8
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
In 2005 a beer company fully sponsored The Offspring to play a club gig in Finland, no ticket sales or anything. I can say, it wasn't pocket money. :D Add to that that they had to come from the U.K and leave to Spain after the gig.

They b(r)ought the Offspring and you might say Koff was their new favorite beer:D

Dexter_italy
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Not necessarily true. When I was booking bands to play on campus when I was in college, I had a bunch of websites that quoted, publicly, how much a band would ask to play a private show.

However, I am going to take down guesses and attempts to impress others with pretend insider knowledge, because I know we don't have any actual concert promoters here, and speculation borne out of boredom is how rumors get started.

Sometimes I really don't understand you guys... Guessing or telling the amount of money they need to play is nothing of a bad thing really. It's how the world works...

A suggestion... instead of deleting posts, why don't you just censore the words, before i said that I read they used to take ....... just delete the numbers, or the words that are wrong, because it's annoying to write things and then see them deleted when nobody is hurted after all.

Oxygene
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Actually I am an actual concert promoter.. or more like I was anyway, and I nearly pulled off an Offspring show during the Atom era, but as such obviously would never put anything like that up. And you are right it isn't always really private and you can kinda ball park it, but there is a reason it isn't just floating out there so people should respect that I guess.

Dexter_italy
09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Actually I am an actual concert promoter.. or more like I was anyway, and I nearly pulled off an Offspring show during the Atom era, but as such obviously would never put anything like that up. And you are right it isn't always really private and you can kinda ball park it, but there is a reason it isn't just floating out there so people should respect that I guess.

The point is that nobody (maybe you :D ) really knows it, so we can just guess without doing any damage :) And it's normal asking for it... I always have a project in my mind, and maybe one day I'll need this information.... I HOPE!!

Oxygene
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
The point is that nobody (maybe you :D ) really knows it, so we can just guess without doing any damage :) And it's normal asking for it... I always have a project in my mind, and maybe one day I'll need this information.... I HOPE!!

Well there are certai rules here and it isn't really clear cut wether or not this is approriate

Dexter_italy
09-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Well there are certai rules here and it isn't really clear cut wether or not this is approriate

I know the rules, and no rule has been broken here. Rules are judjed by personale taste sometimes, but in the end nothing happened here :D

Little_Miss_1565
09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Sometimes I really don't understand you guys... Guessing or telling the amount of money they need to play is nothing of a bad thing really. It's how the world works...

A suggestion... instead of deleting posts, why don't you just censore the words, before i said that I read they used to take ....... € just delete the numbers, or the words that are wrong, because it's annoying to write things and then see them deleted when nobody is hurted after all.

Because you didn't exactly cite any sources. I could very easily say "I read somewhere they'll play your backyard for $50!" or "No way my sister's friend's college roommate's dogwalker's cousin said they want eleventy billion dollars! Fukn greedy capitalist pigdogs!" and I wouldn't be saying anything, just creating more noise until someone finally crosses the line in the neverending search for fun. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to so jealously protect the band's privacy.

Besides, the original poster I think was less actually asking for figures and more like asking about how to bring the band to her hometown, for which I offered her a much more solid way to go.

RonWelty
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
well, not how shit happens here.

@ Moderator: no comments. Do you need that I post here the proof of what I said?
Now we cannot even talk or guess about how much could they cost to a promoter... lovely!

Little_Miss_1565
09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
well, not how shit happens here.

@ Moderator: no comments. Do you need that I post here the proof of what I said?
Now we cannot even talk or guess about how much could they cost to a promoter... lovely!

Seriously, what did I just get through saying?