PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park

dexter12296566
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I listen to them alot now. They are really good. I like Hybrid Theory. I saw them live in 2004. I would like to see them again.

BKDH_1984
09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
i used to like em and stuff but now offy all the way. :cool: :D :)

holland25
09-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Stop making threads for every fucking band you've ever heard.

m.offspring.r
09-29-2009, 05:14 AM
it's the second thread she start about the same subject... another was about SOAD

PedroACastro
09-29-2009, 06:13 AM
saw them live just cause they played in the same day as the offspring in rock in rio :D

0r4ng3
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
You're allowed to like more than one band, I think.

Llamas
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
I miss having JN as a mod in this forum. He actually locked redundant threads. This is the 16th thread about Linkin Park. I don't understand why threads never get locked in this forum anymore. Ever.

m.offspring.r
09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
saw them live just cause they played in the same day as the offspring in rock in rio :D

(un)fortunately, me too

Redjie
09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
saw them live for the good ol' times! kinda LOVED hear those songs. they were part of my childhood. memories ^^ I don't listen to them though. probably once in six months.

RageAndLov
09-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Hybrid Theory is great, Meteora is good, and Minutes to Midnight sucks...

Redjie
09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Hybrid Theory is great, Meteora is good, and Minutes to Midnight sucks...

this. colision course is not good either.

dexter12296566
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM

i listen to offspring more than any other band but i like other bands and H25 i dont make threads for every band i have heard of

BKDH_1984
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Yes, I know. But I used to listen to other cool bands and girl bands and boy bands (a variety of others in general) but now all my life I conqure The Offspring and Manic Subsidal. xD

i listen to offspring more than any other band but i like other bands and H25 i dont make threads for every band i have heard of

Cassidy, yeah me too and MS as well. Damm it, we rule lol punking/rocking harder and harder because we love it louder and prouder! xD

holland25
09-30-2009, 02:04 AM
and H25 i dont make threads for every band i have heard of

Yes, you do. And even for those bands that already had 897641464 threads here.

dff_punk
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Just downloading the leak of their latest album, probably expecting the worst.

EDIT: Oh holy crap. Gonna listen to the new Weezer probably again after this.

EDIT II: The last acoustic number is the only one I actually like.

Omni
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM

What, are you from Utah or something?

0r4ng3
09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Nah, I used to be from Utah now it's offy all the way :);):cool:

Also, I heard the new album. It's...ambitious, I'll give them that. It's sure to piss off their older fans, but I think I'd rather enjoy that, for the lulz.

Most of it needs to grow on me after another listen or so. But The Catalyst is my newest guilty pleasure.

Gustavo
09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
The new album is... Different. Different from anything you've ever heard from LP or any other band.

I've been a huge LP fan for a while, and upon listening to this album at first, I didn't really like it. This is thee kind of album you have to listen to more than once and get used to, it grows on you. I recommend everyone to listen to it, whether you like their previous stuff or not, as I said, it doesn't aound like old LP at all.

This is my least favorite album by theam, not saying it's bad, though... I just prefer the earlier stuff.

I'm seeing them in 29 days! Couldn't be more excited.

PS: "Blackout" is fuckin' awesome.

Llamas
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Well... this is interesting. I "liked" the first two albums, as in the songs are embarrassingly catchy and I love to sing along with them and pretend I'm a pathetic teenager. The third album I never really listened to because I HATED the singles. That one ballad song was pure trash.

So I listened to "Waiting for the End", expecting to hate it. It's really different for LP and doesn't really sound like them... and I actually quite like it. Their lyrics still suck, but it's cool to hear something different from them that doesn't suck as like - oh, what's it called? SHADOW OF THE DAY. Jesus christ I hated that song. What I've Done also sucked. New Divide was boring. Bleed it Out was the only tolerable one, and it still wasn't very good.

Now listening to the Catalyst. Weird. I'm not sure what I think. This is just simply weird. And I'm kind of inclined to say I like it. I'm actually tempted to check out the album now, based on this and Waiting for the End.

Finally, listening to Wretches and Kings. I like this the least. It sounds kind of like a frat boy anthem. Mike's rapping really sucks in this one... and his lyrics are especially bland and cliche.

Still probably gonna check out the album.

mrconeman
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Is a roller coaster.

jacknife737
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
That new single is exceptionally bad.

Omni
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Well... this is interesting. I "liked" the first two albums, as in the songs are embarrassingly catchy and I love to sing along with them and pretend I'm a pathetic teenager. The third album I never really listened to because I HATED the singles. That one ballad song was pure trash.

So I listened to "Waiting for the End", expecting to hate it. It's really different for LP and doesn't really sound like them... and I actually quite like it. Their lyrics still suck, but it's cool to hear something different from them that doesn't suck as like - oh, what's it called? SHADOW OF THE DAY. Jesus christ I hated that song. What I've Done also sucked. New Divide was boring. Bleed it Out was the only tolerable one, and it still wasn't very good.

Now listening to the Catalyst. Weird. I'm not sure what I think. This is just simply weird. And I'm kind of inclined to say I like it. I'm actually tempted to check out the album now, based on this and Waiting for the End.

Finally, listening to Wretches and Kings. I like this the least. It sounds kind of like a frat boy anthem. Mike's rapping really sucks in this one... and his lyrics are especially bland and cliche.

Still probably gonna check out the album.

I haven't listened to the record, yet. But I will say that even though their lyrics have always been pretty blah, I'd take the directionless, pseudo-heartfelt bs lyrics like Shadow of the Day over any of their embarassing "angry" lyrics. And it's always a welcome departure for me when they write something that isn't about being alienated, opressed, or about being molded into what someone else wants them to be. I'm a reasonably big LP fan, I guess. I'll probably eventually buy every release at some point. It's just unfair how hook-y their music is.

Also, you hated all the singles from Minutes to Midnight? Given Up and Bleed it Out were pretty solid, I thought.

P.S. If A Thousand Suns goes on a charting rampage similar to Meteora, Linkin Park seems poised to finally dethrone the Red Hot Chili Peppers as the recordholder for most #1s on the Alternative Rock charts. All they need are two more for a tie. Since RHCP are taking forever and a day to make any new music, Green Day and LP are catching up.

Outerspaceman21
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I didn't like the new song. It felt like a spent the entire duration of the song waiting for it to begin. Like, it's got this build up, but it never builds up to anything.

Gustavo
09-13-2010, 05:18 AM
Mike's rapping really sucks in this one...

Don't worry, that's because you haven't heard "When They Come For Me" yet.

You should check out Minutes To Midnight, it's obviously not better than the first two, but it's alright. There are some solid songs such as "Given Up" and "No More Sorrow", it's actually solid almost all the way, with the exception of maybe "Shadow Of The Day", "In Pieces" and "In Between". Oh, and "The Little Things Give You Away" is motherfreaking dope! I must admit that as time went by, I got more and more used to the songs, and I think I actually like quite them now, but that's probably because Linkin Park was my first favorite band, I actually don't listen to them as much as I did in the past, back when they were basically the only band I listened to, my musical taste has changed a lot, but they're very special to me, they were definitely important for me to find other bands that I love, and for that I'm grateful -- I think it'd be just too hard for me to give up on them or really hate something they put out.

But, anyway, back to A Thousand Suns, I'm in the staff for the official brazilian Linkin Park fansite/fanclub, besides graphics, one of the other things I do for them is translations, so I pretty much read/watch every interview they give, and the band has been talking a lot as to how this album is an album and not just individual songs, which is the case for the first two albums, Mike said that you could switch up positions of the songs in the first two albums and they'd probably be fine, but with the last two albums, most specifically, the last one, it's different. The album itself really does feel like it's intertwined, it's really hard to put it in words, but you have to listen to from beginning to end and go through the whole experience, you actually could say this is a concept album, but the band doesn't really agree with that term, in fact, they hate anyone who tries to label them, but anyway, I'm not sure that it's a concept album maybe lyrically? Maybe the mutual concept on it is that they tried to make something different from anything anyone's ever done before, and that they tried to make the album in a way that it would be seen as a whole and not with individual songs, the many interlude songs make it clear. One thing that their bassist Dave said and I must agree with them is that the musical concept of this album, in a certain way, is the same of 10 years ago, back when they were recording the awesome album Hybrid Theory. 10 years ago, they were trying to make something different, that nobody had ever heard before, and what they came up with was the Hybrid Theory/Meteora style, which later was labelled as "nu metal" or "rap rock" -- and don't tell me about Limp Bizkit and other Nu Metal bands, the term "nu metal" was entitled to them, they never said they belonged to this specific label, actually, Mike recently said in a interview that "you can shove nu metal up your ass." But anyway, they still are trying to make something new, that nobody has ever heard before, which I do admire about them and understand that it's something pretty cool for them to do as artists, but as a fan, I honestly wish they'd go back to straight their HT style, I know people -- and by people, I'm talking about people that haven't hit puberty yet -- might think "UR A HATR!!!11 IF DEY SOUNDED DA SAME AS DEY DID 10 YRS AGO UD GET TIRED OF IT AND FINK DEY SUCK", but I actually wouldn't, I think, but that's the way ol' fans like me are.et

bouncingcoles
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
i feel like most of their songs especially the first 2 albums lyrically sound like they were written by a 15 year old fat goth girl who hates her parents. but thats just me.

Outerspaceman21
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
i feel like most of their songs especially the first 2 albums lyrically sound like they were written by a 15 year old fat goth girl who hates her parents. but thats just me.

Yeah, I had the same sentiments about their last album, Minutes to Midnight. Haven't heard the new one yet, but I already hate it's first single.

offsrx
09-21-2010, 02:13 AM

Thumbs up :D:D:D:D

ThunderPX
09-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Don't worry, that's because you haven't heard "When They Come For Me" yet.

You should check out Minutes To Midnight, it's obviously not better than the first two, but it's alright. There are some solid songs such as "Given Up" and "No More Sorrow", it's actually solid almost all the way, with the exception of maybe "Shadow Of The Day", "In Pieces" and "In Between". Oh, and "The Little Things Give You Away" is motherfreaking dope!.

Pffft. "Given Up" is ridiculously infantile; "No More Sorrow" slightly less so, but certainly not helped by the fact that Chester's vocals just become more and more annoying as time passes.

On the other hand, "In Pieces" kicks ass. :mad:

Harleyquiiinn
09-21-2010, 06:08 AM
So, I'm listening to the new album. Didn't finish yet. It is very different and so far I'm not sure wether I like it or not.

But I have to say: I love "When they come for me".

I don't think I heard the new single yet...

Gustavo
09-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Pffft. "Given Up" is ridiculously infantile; "No More Sorrow" slightly less so, but certainly not helped by the fact that Chester's vocals just become more and more annoying as time passes.

On the other hand, "In Pieces" kicks ass. :mad:

Well, opinions differ, don't they?

Supa
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Has anyone listened to the new album all the way through yet? Opinions?

And speaking of Minutes To Midnight, I loved, I thought it was their best yet. A huge departure for the most part but still a great album. The Little Things Give You Away anyone?

Harleyquiiinn
09-21-2010, 12:27 PM

And speaking of Minutes To Midnight, I loved, I thought it was their best yet. A huge departure for the most part but still a great album. The Little Things Give You Away anyone?

I listened to it once. So it's too early for me to say if I really like it. Usually, I can judge only if I get bored or not, after a little while.

But I have to say, contrary to all the other albums of Linkin Park that I find just ok, this one really made an impression on me.

It really doesn't sound like Linkin Park. Sometimes, I had the impression to listen to a Bloc Party album... and some other times to Muse...

"Blackout","When they come for me" and "The Messenger" are the 3 songs I remember after that first listen.

0r4ng3
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM

If you liked Minutes To Midnight, I think you'll like the new one. It sounds more like that than their first two albums.

Harleyquiiinn
09-23-2010, 01:02 AM
If you liked Minutes To Midnight, I think you'll like the new one. It sounds more like that than their first two albums.

It doesn't sound at all like Minutes to Midnight. I hate Minutes to Midnight, it sounded like a bad imitation of U2.

I think that I'm starting to love this one though... Oh... wait, will I have to say that I like Linkin Park now ? :(

Llamas
10-11-2010, 11:22 AM
So I downloaded the new album. I've gotten about halfway through it so far, and it's one of those albums that has drawn my attention to it even though it was on as background. When that happens on first listen, that usually means I'm going to end up really liking it. Anyone who says this sounds like Minutes to Midnight is crazy... the only way it sounds like that album is by the fact that it *doesn't* sound anything like Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

I really dig the electronic sounds, and the laid back but churning rhythms. Minutes to Midnight was full of generic, boring pop rock tracks. This album is actually pretty original, with a nice variety of styles. One huge thing about this album and band is that I've always been a fan of Chester's voice, but it simply didn't impress against the music on Minutes to Midnight... but his voice just rings over the tracks on A Thousand Suns. This is probably their most unique, creative album to date. I enjoyed the first two albums, but couldn't label it as creative or really interesting... just catchy and fun to sing/rock along to.

Tijs
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I just saw the new video and I LOVE it. Absolutely LOVE it. Now I'm listening to the album and three songs in, it still sounds great. One of their most interesting pieces of work I've heard since Hybrid Theory.

Chester's voice has become something I missed. I really like his voice but I never got into any LP stuff after Hybrid Theory apart from a few songs of the following albums. But nothing great. And Mike's part in "Waiting for the End" is fantastic.

Only point of criticism I've got so far is that their lyrics haven't developed that much. Though there's still 10 more songs to convince me otherwise.

Oh, Gustavo's rocking his ass off right now at a Linkin Park concert. Have fun man!

Llamas
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I just saw the new video and I LOVE it. Absolutely LOVE it. Now I'm listening to the album and three songs in, it still sounds great. One of their most interesting pieces of work I've heard since Hybrid Theory.

Chester's voice has become something I missed. I really like his voice but I never got into any LP stuff after Hybrid Theory apart from a few songs of the following albums. But nothing great. And Mike's part in "Waiting for the End" is fantastic.

Only point of criticism I've got so far is that their lyrics haven't developed that much. Though there's still 10 more songs to convince me otherwise.

Oh, Gustavo's rocking his ass off right now at a Linkin Park concert. Have fun man!

I pretty much agree with this entire post. But the lyrics don't get any better. Lyrics have always been LP's weakest point. I also don't know that I'd call Hybrid Theory "interesting", but it's the only other album besides this one that I really enjoyed at any point. Waiting for the End is a great song!

Tijs
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hybrid Theory was for 'interesting' for me because it was the first album that combined hiphop and rock into something more than just a combination between hiphop and rock, you know, where first they rap and then play a rock chorus-rap-chorus-rap-chorus-the end. And also combining that with Hahn's perfect not-too-much electrical input.

I mean, it has all been done before for sure, but not in the right way.

Llamas
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Hybrid Theory was for 'interesting' for me because it was the first album that combined hiphop and rock into something more than just a combination between hiphop and rock, you know, where first they rap and then play a rock chorus-rap-chorus-rap-chorus-the end. And also combining that with Hahn's perfect not-too-much electrical input.

I mean, it has all been done before for sure, but not in the right way.

Ah, I gotcha. I definitely think Hybrid Theory was easily the best rap-rock album of that time period. Totally blew Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach out of the water... and Kid Rock if you count him.

What do you think of "When they Come for Me"? And how about "The Catalyst"?

Tijs
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Those bands also kind of did but didn't manage to make an album that remained good until the last track. And I'm not that familiar with Kid Rock's work to be honest. And I accidentally typed Chris Rock first.

"When They Come for Me" is a decent track, but it kind of got Muse-ish 'til the end. I haven't gotten to The Catalyst yet, I took a short break in between, now I'm listening to "Blackout" which is really nice.

Llamas
10-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Okay, lyrically this album is atrocious... but what did anyone honestly expect from Linkin Park? I don't think they've written a single note without taking themselves far too seriously. But now instead of angsting along about how hard life is and how lonely they are, they're giving generic, half-assed rebellious cries for people to fight the man or whatever... the lyrics are so cheesy, especially against the MLK Jr. clips and such.

But musically, I'm still finding the album really nice. I've been listening to it a lot these last few days, and I just put on Hybrid Theory for comparison... I honestly can't stand most of this album anymore. The singles are good, but all their songs sounded the same. The new album doesn't even really sound like them. It's nothing earth-shattering... I've read people comparing it to Kid A and Achtung, Baby. It's a pretty damn far cry. However I think it's Linkin Park's first album that deserves at least some of the popularity.

Jojan
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/Antoine-Dodson/ImageMacro/2318765/well-obviously-we-have-a-rapist-in-linkin-park.jpg

Retard
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
That stupid thing is a hundred times better than ANYTHING that linkin park has ever done.

that new single with the video where everything looks like it's underwater and digitized is horrible.... It just sounds like techno or something.... or should i say bad techno. Techno can be good.

Is that the singer in the new Saw?

Llamas
10-15-2010, 06:11 AM
It just sounds like techno or something.... or should i say bad techno.

Bahaha, where's Ricky when you need him??!

Harleyquiiinn
10-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Retard> That's The Catalyst and I had a problem with it too at first. But it's actually an excellent song...IMO.

Also, contrary to Tijs, I think their videos suck, as always. Something that hasn't changed :D That's why I didn't like the Catalyst when I first heard it.

And I like Waiting for The End but I find this new vid ugly...

Llamas
10-15-2010, 07:08 AM
The Catalyst is quite good, especially in context of the album. I've never enjoyed a Linkin Park video, though. Ever.

Oh yeah. Technololz.

ThunderPX
10-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Is that the singer in the new Saw?

Yes.

10char

Llamas
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
The new album is, well, 8 and half songs, which is strange. I don't understand the double intro. The short songs are not very good and I wish they wouldn't uselessly take place. The only good one is Jornada del muerto, it's a wasted potential. Maybe Wisdom, justice and love is good.

Long songs, but good songs. Obviously, the best song is Catalyst, tasty drums towards the end. It needs less shorties and more regular aggressive songs.

The messenger doesn't count. :p

I think you're listening to it as individual songs rather than as a concept album. Segues aren't supposed to be something that stands on its own. You're not supposed to put this album on shuffle or just listen to a track here and there. No, I'm not just gonna enjoy just listening to the intro on its own. But in the context of the album, they work. They help change moods and create feelings next to the songs. It's not a double intro, either; it's an intro that has two parts. The two parts are very different and therefore are named differently.