PDA

View Full Version : pete vs ron

weezly
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
i will always appreciate ron welty, but pete is the man, he goes off live, and ive met him and he is super cool! does anyone else still wish ron was in the band? cause i pete rules i cant wait to hear him on the new cd!

DMelges
09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I sometimes wonder what the band's music would be like if Ron was still in the band. But no, I'm happy with Pete. I thought Atom was awesome, he had so much energy live. Ron was totally boring live. Pete is a mix between the two, and he's a fucking great drummer. Can't wait to hear him record. :D

kaylae
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I liked Ron and I liked Atom but I've got to say Pete rules! I saw the Offspring at Brixton last month and Pete is an animal on the drums, he was going crazy, I couldn;t take my eyes off him. I really, really hope he sticks around x

dav0147
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I wonder how much of an input Ron had to the band. They havn't had a hit without him (album wise).

Outerspaceman21
09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I wonder how much of an input Ron had to the band. They havn't had a hit without him (album wise).

You wouldn't constitute YGGF,K sitting at the top of the Modern Rock charts for 11 weeks a hit?

dav0147
09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Did you not read the 2 words in brackets

Outerspaceman21
09-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Did you not read the 2 words in brackets

Oh you meant commercially successful albums? Well, That has nothing to do with Ron's absences. It's the decrease in record sales and general decline of the record industry as we know it. iTunes and various filesharing sites are making it so that people do have to buy records anymore, leading to the subsequent decline in sales. You see, success nowadays cannot be measured by sales. It in fact can only really be measured by chart preformance, or at least thats one aspect you can look at to measure success.

Hammerhead_
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Pete is technical than Ron Welty.

Llamas
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Another of these debates... the order of pure drumming talent (as in technical ability, and not including how exciting they are to watch or how much I like them as people) goes
Josh
Pete
Ron
Atom

Josh can't be counted toward the order of what order I enjoy watching them cause he's never played live with the band (though he's excellent to watch live in other bands), so my order of favorite to least favorite is
Ron
Pete
Atom

Outerspaceman21
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I like pete's style because it seems a lot more laid back. Ron was awesome, but he's gone and we must move on.

nameless
09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Another of these debates... the order of pure drumming talent (as in technical ability, and not including how exciting they are to watch or how much I like them as people) goes
Josh
Pete
Ron
Atom

Josh can't be counted toward the order of what order I enjoy watching them cause he's never played live with the band (though he's excellent to watch live in other bands), so my order of favorite to least favorite is
Ron
Pete
Atom

josh did fill in for ron a few times! ron had kinda his own sound and i think they lost some of the rawness when he left. on the last two albums where josh recorded, everything was kinda perfect in the way you would expect from a session guy. who knows though, maybe dexter changed his songwriting around that time as well!

KHWHD
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Here are a few "fun" interviews with Josh and Johnny Knoxville. I only watched part 1 of the 5 parts. Interesting he never mentioned The Offspring (unless of course he did in the other parts.)

http://www.jackassworld.com/blog/2009/09/25/one-bourbon-one-scotch-and-one-beer-josh-freese/

P.S. I like Pete.

Bejka
10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Pete is very very very cute, he MUST stay with The Offspring!

slagod
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I thought Atom was awesome, he had so much energy live. Ron was totally boring live. Pete is a mix between the two
I totally agree with you. I didn't have possibility to meet 2 prevoius offspring drummers, but Pete is really great personally :)

dexter12296566
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Pete seems nice and Atom had alot of energy. Josh Freese was great recording Splinter and RAFRAG but u cant replace the original. As far as drummers of the band ron is always #1

-L-
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I've never met Atom or Ron, I liked Ron a lot, but I'm very satisfied with Pete. He's an awesome drummer and also a very nice person. I want him to be with the band forever. :)

BKDH_1984
10-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Deir all pretty much decent drummers. (In my opinion) :)

Oxygene
10-03-2009, 01:46 AM
I've never met Atom or Ron, I liked Ron a lot, but I'm very satisfied with Pete. He's an awesome drummer and also a very nice person. I want him to be with the band forever. :)

I think Pete is a super nice fit. I met all of them, although I didn't meet or get to know Atom much. Ron was always super nice to me, and I miss him, but I am sure it's for the best. I'd really like to sit down with that dude and have a beer, 'cause I haven't seen him in years!