PDA

View Full Version : whats a cool name and logo for a band

livrose95
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
hey working with a band whats a cool name or logo for one that is like motley crue or offspring? :]

T-6005
10-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30772)

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 03:07 PM
hey working with a band whats a cool name or logo for one that is like motley crue or offspring? :]

Does this have to do with the band we are going to start or the contest?

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30772)

Ur not a mod so leave her alone. This does technically have to do with her band. Why the hell do you have do give everyone on here shit about everything they do. Let her be, she did nothing against the rules. Quit always acting like you run the forums because you dont. You have serious issues dude

T-6005
10-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Ur not a mod so leave her alone. This does technically have to do with her band.

Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30772)

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30772)

Just stop you are fucking pissing me off. You are a conceited asshole who thinks he runs the forums but you dont. You do the same thing to me and BTW you tell me not to talk about my problems on here but you talk about ur anxiety and paranoia and insomnia an awful. You spam shit too. All you are is a hypocrit. You keep picking on kids. She is even younger than me so leave her alone.

T-6005
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Just stop you are fucking pissing me off. You are a conceited asshole who thinks he runs the forums but you dont. You do the same thing to me and BTW you tell me not to talk about my problems on here but you talk about ur anxiety and paranoia and insomnia an awful. You spam shit too. All you are is a hypocrit. You keep picking on kids. She is even younger than me so leave her alone.

Well, here's a simple question - have you read the Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please?

Clearly not, because if you'd bothered to check it out either of the TWO times I posted it, you would have found this.

We don't care what you name your band. If you aren't creative enough to fit one to three words together, you probably aren't creative enough to write your own music. Please, name yourself so that if you're ever asked how you came up with the name, it's not "we asked the offspring's message board!" Please, if you play an instrument, sing, whatever, just figure out the name without making some stupid thread about it.

More importantly, you would have found this.

So "plz give us a band name" threads will be closed/deleted.

Perhaps if you'd bothered to check it out you might have noticed, instead of flying off the handle for no apparent reason.

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, here's a simple question - have you read the Your Band Guidelines - Read Before Posting, Please?

Clearly not, because if you'd bothered to check it out either of the TWO times I posted it, you would have found this.

More importantly, you would have found this.

Perhaps if you'd bothered to check it out you might have noticed, instead of flying off the handle for no apparent reason.

No apparent reason? You think you know everything and you do the things you tell others not to! Enough of your childish behavior. Let the mods do that stuff. You don't have the power, especially when you spam all the time. And... ahhhh... Newsflash: YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE WWWAAAYYY OVER CONCEITED!!!

Llamas
10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
All Thibault did was post a link to the rules of this forum, rules which were broken. Her thread should be locked because of this.

Rooster
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Addendum:

Regarding band names

To quote coke_a_holic from this topic: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15258

Quote:
We don't care what you name your band. If you aren't creative enough to fit one to three words together, you probably aren't creative enough to write your own music. Please, name yourself so that if you're ever asked how you came up with the name, it's not "we asked the offspring's message board!" Please, if you play an instrument, sing, whatever, just figure out the name without making some stupid thread about it.

So "plz give us a band name" threads will be closed/deleted.

However, to ask "should we be called Zylophone Trio or Humpjester Conspiracy?" in a new topic is fine because it shows you guys put some effort into figuring out your band's name.

A name isn't that important. Some good bands have the stupidest of names and they still made it.

This is wha's written in the guidelines (looks like you didn't read it). It makes perfectly clear why he posted the link to that thread. He's not a mod, but he is right. It's not him who is bitching without a reason.

edit: asking others to make up a name for YOUR band is lame anyway. I have a band, and we were able to come up with a name ourselves. Also, why would you want to have a logo that seems similar to a logo of another band? Why not create your own and unique logo that would REPRESENT YOUR BAND and it's uniquess rather than implying you're just copying another band? It's better to have your own style.

T-6005
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
No apparent reason? You think you know everything and you do the things you tell others not to! Enough of your childish behavior. Let the mods do that stuff. You don't have the power, especially when you spam all the time. And... ahhhh... Newsflash: YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE WWWAAAYYY OVER CONCEITED!!!

What exactly do I do that I condemn in others?

I'm well aware that I don't have any power - all I did is point to the guidelines, which any decent user would have done for you anyway. The only reason you don't like me is because I said I didn't like you and you can't handle it.

Either way, I have no issue with this new user - making mistakes is part of being new. I'm sure they'll be fine in the future.

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
What exactly do I do that I condemn in others?

I'm well aware that I don't have any power - all I did is point to the guidelines, which any decent user would have done for you anyway. The only reason you don't like me is because I said I didn't like you and you can't handle it.

Either way, I have no issue with this new user - making mistakes is part of being new. I'm sure they'll be fine in the future.

It is a she and I don't like you because you are an over conceited hypocrit. Stop posting and let this thread be forgotten

Llamas
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd like to concur with Thibault. Nobody here has a problem with livrose, she is just new and didn't know the rules. I don't think she'd do this intentionally. Thread should be locked, and we just move on. All T was doing was trying to show her the rules... don't really see what's wrong with that.

dff_punk
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Cassidy and Thibault sitting in a tree...

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I'd like to concur with Thibault. Nobody here has a problem with livrose, she is just new and didn't know the rules. I don't think she'd do this intentionally. Thread should be locked, and we just move on. All T was doing was trying to show her the rules... don't really see what's wrong with that.
I am mad cuz he tries to act like it is up to himn to tell her and those ppl piss me off. I already didnt like him but now he is seriously gettin on my nerves. He is conceited and thinks he knows everything and personally the main reason is cuz he does the things he yells at me for doing

Really? Are you 5?

Llamas
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM

haha I liked that.

I am mad cuz he tries to act like it is up to himn to tell her and those ppl piss me off. I already didnt like him but now he is seriously gettin on my nerves. He is conceited and thinks he knows everything and personally the main reason is cuz he does the things he yells at me for doing

He showed her because mods generally don't come here. He was trying to help her out. And the difference between what you do and what he does is that you just want people to feel sorry for you and you just complain complain and complain; he tries to post things that he thinks will be interesting conversation topics. Like he posted about insomnia - a lot of people here have insomnia, so it was an okay thread because everyone talked about their sleep problems. Yours are like "omg feel bad for me, I'm just a little kid with autism wahhhhh :("

livrose95
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
okay dudes im sorry and the one thing i hate on this dam planet is convertation i just want to make peace and thats all please it kills me too see u guys fight i made a mistake and i wish i can fix it [but honestly i dont even no how to do that hahaha! ] lets just forget this thread please thank you so much :]

dexter12296566
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
He showed her because mods generally don't come here. He was trying to help her out. And the difference between what you do and what he does is that you just want people to feel sorry for you and you just complain complain and complain; he tries to post things that he thinks will be interesting conversation topics. Like he posted about insomnia - a lot of people here have insomnia, so it was an okay thread because everyone talked about their sleep problems. Yours are like "omg feel bad for me, I'm just a little kid with autism wahhhhh :("

no he is complaining and i was trying to get help and inform them of what it is like so they will help with research to find a cure to help children in the future. I dont use it as an excuse and it may cause challenges but i know i can get thru it and i dont try to complain because god wont give you anything ur not strong enough to handle and he didnt help me in the beginning he started crap with me. this was gonna be my escape from the world but the shit you guys say make it all the same so just stop

Ryder1234
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I am mad cuz he tries to act like it is up to himn to tell her and those ppl piss me off. I already didnt like him but now he is seriously gettin on my nerves. He is conceited and thinks he knows everything and personally the main reason is cuz he does the things he yells at me for doing?

Note: you can't yell on the internet.

I'm also pretty sure it's not just Thi enforcing the rules, it's just that he's one of the first people to read this forum and catches stuff sooner, in GC or GOD it could be someone else pointing it out (such could even be the case here)

I have no idea why you freaked out so much, all he did was point out that this thread should be closed, maybe you could have read the Your Band Forum Guidelines (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30772) and it would have made sense. But once you were wrong, instead of dropping the subject, you had to try and cover up your mistake with "I'm just a kid", "She's even younger than me", etc. Being young doesn't mean a thing. I'm only 4 months older than you, remember?

Little_Miss_1565
10-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Really? Are you 5?

Are you? When the rules are posted publicly, it should be expected that anyone who's read them will helpfully point new users in the general direction of those rules. Are cops the only people who can tell others that it's against the law to steal? No. Your friend will tell you, too, so you can avoid trubs with Johnny Law.

I get that you don't like Thibault, and I get that there are people who don't like you either. There are plenty of people who don't like me and who I don't like here as well. It doesn't really matter. You shouldn't scream at someone for doing nothing wrong.