PDA

View Full Version : Forum Leaders

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Even though they have more power why do they get titles before they get 500 posts and how did they become forum leaders(not including offspring in that question)? Why can mods close administrators threads? Can they close eachothers threads? We have a thing at the bottom that says post reply and ones in posts that say quote. Do they have ones that say close thread and delete post. Can a mod post a pic of what a page looks like for them or is it the same and you need to do something to access the power

Rag Doll
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
The people listed under "Administrators" are people that work for Liberation Media, which runs this website. That's how they were "chosen". The titles they have are due to their status as administrators.

The mods were voted on. We all have over the 500 posts, so we can have whatever title we want (otherwise, my guess is it would say "Super Moderator"). We can close other mod's threads....I don't know if we can close admin threads, but probably. Next to our reply button we have an "edit" button. We also have an "edit tags" link, a "mod" link, a "thread tools" link, and a "moderation" drop down. I'm much too lazy to post a screencap.

Tijs
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
We can also close and edit admins threads/posts. Just not sure if we can ban each other though ;p

And I'm not sure it would be the best idea to post a screenshot of how page looks for us. But essentially it doesn't look all that different.

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
We can also close and edit admins threads/posts. Just not sure if we can ban each other though ;p

And I'm not sure it would be the best idea to post a screenshot of how page looks for us. But essentially it doesn't look all that different.

Why. As long as we cant access it it shouldnt be a problem. i just want to see what it looks like

Rag Doll
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
It really doesn't look very different. You wouldn't notice much of a change at all.

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I would see the difference. I almost always notice difference... So how did you and Tijs and lil miss become mods

Rag Doll
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
We were voted on by the other members.

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Why did more than one person get it. When was that? can u still vote ppl on and were u a regular member when u joined

Rag Doll
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Because the board needs more than 1 moderator. No, no one is currently being added on. And yes, I as a regular board member. However, I was a mod on one of the older versions of the board and have been here nearly a decade....sigh.

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Because the board needs more than 1 moderator. No, no one is currently being added on. And yes, I as a regular board member. However, I was a mod on one of the older versions of the board and have been here nearly a decade....sigh.

there was an older one. did it look different

Rag Doll
10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
There were a few older versions. The one I remember the most was white, red, and Americana themed.

Tijs
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
There were a couple of forums before this one and they all looked different from the other. This is the most advanced one to date.

You can see the thread where the voting has taken place and it's results here:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10839
(wow has it been 4 years already?)

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
i think Leo3375 should have won. She is one of my fav members.

Harleyquiiinn
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Wah, Tijs, so, you've always been popular for mod stuff :D

dexter12296566
10-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Does anyone else think leo3375 should have been a mod? What is the difference between a mod and a super mod?

Llamas
10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Wow, Sam only beat Sean by 2 votes... I can't imagine how this place would've been with Sean as a mod... :P

Al Coholic
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Why is this place black and red? Why not vanilla and eggshell? Who decided on the smileys we have? Why not one that looks apathetic or hungry? What's your middle name and why? More importantly, If a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to hear it, who will ask innane questions about said tree?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

?

Oxygene
10-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Why is this place black and red? Why not vanilla and eggshell? Who decided on the smileys we have? Why not one that looks apathetic or hungry? What's your middle name and why? More importantly, If a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to hear it, who will ask innane questions about said tree?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

?
nuttin here to read Al didn't post shit either so why would I?
I wish you would've hidden some black text in there

Rutegard
10-09-2009, 02:45 AM
There were a few older versions. The one I remember the most was white, red, and Americana themed.

yes :) i remember that one!

RonWelty
10-09-2009, 04:11 AM
"For those left out, please know that no judgement has been made against you and there will be future opportunities to be mods."

Amen

dexter12296566
10-10-2009, 08:56 PM
What is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator and how did they get their label changed? They are now both and one of the super moderators isn't even a moderator.

IamSam
10-10-2009, 09:25 PM
They are now both and one of the super moderators isn't even a moderator.

You mean Mod Admin? That's because they are an administrator with Super Mod qualities. Really the mods/super mods are the same thing. Mods.

dexter12296566
10-11-2009, 05:15 PM
You mean Mod Admin? That's because they are an administrator with Super Mod qualities. Really the mods/super mods are the same thing. Mods.

So then why do they need a second more powerful title?

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
So then why do they need a second more powerful title?

Because the people who made the bulletin board software want you to know that there is no god.

dexter12296566
10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Because the people who made the bulletin board software want you to know that there is no god.

I don't understand the answer. Wouldn't that make them(you) more powerful?

Ryder1234
10-12-2009, 12:20 AM
nah, it's all just there to confuse you

once upon a time, in a thread not-to-long ago, a prophet made a prediction, about how a very confused member would join the boards. the members rallied, and decided upon making everything as confusing as possible, all the while knowing that they, and they alone would understand the forums, as they were there for the changes. they changed the colors to very vibrant ones, they added groups an such. they even changed the mods' titles. the member joined, and everyone acted like it had always been like this, and that they had to learn for years how to navigate the boards. but some members went a little overboard, and started being big mean bullies. now the member is thinking of leaving! but this would be no good, because it was written in scriptures in ancient times, that the said member would be very important. they would be the savior, and lead the race of offspring fans, and even the offspring themselves to glory! yes, the plan was in jeopardy, and now the world is doomed, unless the big mean bullies could be defeated! who would save the day!?

nah, im just kidding. i have no idea

Harleyquiiinn
10-12-2009, 02:07 AM

once upon a time, in a thread not-to-long ago, a prophet made a prediction, about how a very confused member would join the boards. the members rallied, and decided upon making everything as confusing as possible, all the while knowing that they, and they alone would understand the forums, as they were there for the changes. they changed the colors to very vibrant ones, they added groups an such. they even changed the mods' titles. the member joined, and everyone acted like it had always been like this, and that they had to learn for years how to navigate the boards. but some members went a little overboard, and started being big mean bullies. now the member is thinking of leaving! but this would be no good, because it was written in scriptures in ancient times, that the said member would be very important. they would be the savior, and lead the race of offspring fans, and even the offspring themselves to glory! yes, the plan was in jeopardy, and now the world is doomed, unless the big mean bullies could be defeated! who would save the day!?

That was great. http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

dexter12296566
10-12-2009, 08:38 AM

nah, im just kidding. i have no idea

Very funny! I love how you hide the stuff at the end

The Talking Pie
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
yes, the plan was in jeopardy, and now the world is doomed, unless the big mean bullies could be defeated! who would save the day!?

The Coon!

Ryder1234
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
That was great. http://www.assas.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/jap.gif

Very funny! I love how you hide the stuff at the end

The Coon!

Ah yes :D great idea

Maybe I'll finish the story later. I can't think of much to write now.

Baldwin
10-13-2009, 06:02 AM
I favour new mods.

Ryder1234
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I favor nude mods

dexter12296566
10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Can the band members ban people from the forums?