PDA

View Full Version : So Obama won the Nobel peace prize

Jesus
10-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Hehe, this is gonna go over well at Fox or other Murdoch outlets.

Although you could say he actually hasn't done much to 'win' it, but keeping the current bunch of republicans out of office is quite a contribution in itself.

It's also well played by the Nobel committee, giving him this prize puts quite some pressure on Obama...

T-6005
10-09-2009, 06:19 AM
That came out of nowhere. Were I the dear president I'd probably have done a spittake when I heard.

No, seriously.

Bejka
10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
what?!? is this a joke? OMG unbelievable. He ain't done NOTHING
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!

Jojan
10-09-2009, 06:40 AM
You fucking racists!!!

Bejka
10-09-2009, 06:49 AM
You fucking racists!!!

:p if he won peace prize for doing absolutly NOTHING, then I should get the literature prize for my lame bachelor thesis :rolleyes:

RageAndLov
10-09-2009, 07:09 AM
WTF? I first thought this thread would link to a rickroll video, but it's actually true! What has Obama done for the Nobel peace prize?

Jojan
10-09-2009, 07:12 AM
:p if he won peace prize for doing absolutly NOTHING, then I should get the literature prize for my lame bachelor thesis :rolleyes:

He hasn't done nothing.

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

RageAndLov
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/home/announce-2009/

Bejka
10-09-2009, 07:16 AM
He hasn't done nothing.

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Thank God we have him!!! What would we do without his extraordinary efforts to streghten international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. I love it! I will memorizzze it

Rutegard
10-09-2009, 07:34 AM
it is all about politics man

Little_Miss_1565
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
So does anyone have the lowdown on the logic behind this? I mean, I think Obama is rad as hell, but I agree that I totally would have done a spit-take if I was him.

Ruty, what kind of politics? What are the Nobel voters trying to get from him?

Harleyquiiinn
10-09-2009, 08:34 AM
So does anyone have the lowdown on the logic behind this? I mean, I think Obama is rad as hell, but I agree that I totally would have done a spit-take if I was him.

Ruty, what kind of politics? What are the Nobel voters trying to get from him?

As Jesus said, maybe it's a pressure thing... like ... "hey man, you did all your campaign on hope so we remind you that you are the head of the most powerful country in the world... don't forget to do something about the rest of the world..."

Jojan
10-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Thank God we have him!!!

Use your brain. There's no God(s).

Little_Miss_1565
10-09-2009, 09:51 AM
As Jesus said, maybe it's a pressure thing... like ... "hey man, you did all your campaign on hope so we remind you that you are the head of the most powerful country in the world... don't forget to do something about the rest of the world..."

While I totally agree, I think this is also kind of a bullshit passive-aggressive take on it. I mean, Jesus H. Christ. Most of everything he's done thus far has been about the rest of the world. The severe economic crisis at home is a serious deal and that's taken up a lot of time, plus our health care battle, but Afghanistan and Iraq haven't exactly been ignored issues. The new general in charge of operations in Afghanistan is super on top of his shit. But anyway. I agree that it's a lot of pressure on now.

jacknife737
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Claims that he has done "nothing" aren't exactly true. he's spoke out against unilateralism and has pushed for a more open relationship with Iran. Not to mention ending the missile defence system in Eastern Europe, and repairing relations with Russia. If you had said that a US president would say such things 4 years ago, you would have been slapped in the face and called an idiot.

That said, it's a little premature in his term for this kind of stuff, i mean it's going to be pretty hard to top this next year, perhaps he could cure cancer. Regardless, good for him.

I suspect really that this is the Nobel committee's way of taking a pot shot at Bush administration's policies.

Superdope
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
inb4Kanye

I can only agree with what Harleyquiiinn said. It's a way for the comittee to remind Obama of his responsibility as the leader of the free world, as if he doesn't have enough on his plate already.

IamSam
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnntiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss ssssst....

WebDudette
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I can't wait to hear about this on Glenn Beck. I do love his show, for all the wrong reasons.

dexter12296566
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I understand the fact that he is the first African-American president of the United States but he didn't do anything special to receive that award.

IamSam
10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I can't wait to hear about this on Glenn Beck. I do love his show, for all the wrong reasons.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnntiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss ssssst....

I bet you this is close to how it turns out.

Static_Martyr
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe they saw this picture?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/th3cia/Obama.jpg

But seriously, no, I have no idea. I haven't been following this at all; I just heard about it on the news at work, but I wasn't on break so I didn't get to stop and listen.

RageAndLov
10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Ungrateful bastard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bHkH779qg

"I do not feel I deserve the prize, but I'll take it anyway."
Makes him look humble and hero-ish.

I'm pro-Obama and I like him, but this is kind of lame.

ad8
10-09-2009, 05:00 PM
It seems like kind of a hard situation since on the one hand he gets what he deserves, but on the other hand he's not done with what he does yet and his critics will kill him if he won't act like an ungrateful hero now...
anyway, I think he does deserve the prize. Jacknife737 puts it very well. People are already so accustomed to the things he brought that they tend to forget how important those achievements were.

RageAndLov
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/rageandlov/kayneobama.jpg

Superdope
10-10-2009, 01:57 AM
called it.

Paint_It_Black
10-10-2009, 03:41 AM

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn.

The wrong reasons would be that you think he's a credible source of information and a heck of a good guy. I suspect you love it for all the right reasons.

This is quite amazing. I think I like it, but I'm not sure. Because his critics are going to say he doesn't deserve it and I have no way to really argue that he does. I love his approach to foreign relations and all that good stuff, but this really is too soon. Would have probably been better after his presidency is over.

Also might have seemed more appropriate if he'd got the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mota Boy
10-10-2009, 05:37 AM
This is the first time I can recall a Nobel Prize given out at a backhanded compliment.

"Hey, new American President, congratulations on not starting any wars in your first six months in office."

I understand they want to give him an "attaboy", but this is just absurd. It says a lot more about the Nobel Prize committee than it does about Barack Obama's accomplishments. Or, rather, just how low Dubya has set the bar over in Europe. Over here however, the gulf between Obama's rhetoric and his accomplishments as well as the gulf between the esteem he's still held in Europe and the chinks that have developed in his armor over here just make this whole thing uncomfortable. With a new administration trying to un-fuck at least a half dozen global issues and as may domestic ones, it's going to take a lot of inertia before the results of any one of his efforts can be assessed, and in lieu of concrete success on any front, this is essentially a glorified "Most Improved" trophy.

Sin Studly
10-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Yassar Arafat, Nelson Mandela and Henry Kissinger all won it, so it's not like the prize wasn't anything short of a fucking joke to begin with.

wheelchairman
10-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Hitler was nominated in 1939. So there, there is a connection between Hitler and Obama.

Upgrayedd
10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree that it was probably given to Obama as a rebuke of Dubya's policies. That's also what I was thinking when Gore won it. Almost a "we wish you guys made HIM your president" sort of thing.

Stylie
10-10-2009, 08:33 PM
What...the...deuce?

EMehl6
10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, this is the same committee that gave Yasar Arafat the prize back in 1994. What a swell, deserving guy he is.

Apathy
10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
No, dusky, they do not give out posthumous nobel awards.

I've been thinking about this recently. When I first heard the news and up until a few days ago really I've been on the skeptical side...he hasn't really accomplished anything yet. I'm a fan, but couldn't it wait until he actually manages to close Guantanamo Bay? Or did something? Not that he won't, he just hasn't really had the time yet.

But recently I've started to think about it, and I read the information on why he won, and I'm starting to get the impression that the average person doesn't really understand who wins this thing for what reasons. It seems to be that Obama won based on his beliefs and ideology...ones that promote peace. And looking through the list of Peace Prize laureates, it doesn't seem like that's an uncommon thing to be awarded for.

In many ways its quite flawed. Gandhi never won one. Look at the two of the other US presidents who have been awarded the peace prize. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson? Teddy was basically a friggin war hawk, he pushed the US towards war every chance he got, not to mention exploiting numerous South/Central American countries in a state of psuedo imperialism. Hell you can't even read about him without seeing something about his brand of "Big Stick" politics. Not a peaceful dude. Wilson meanwhile, as much as I love him was awarded the prize for starting the League of Nations...which the U.S. subsequently never joined and the league failed because of it. Beyond that, even though it was pretty much unavoidable Wilson also brought the US into WW1.

If you have the time, read what they're given out for. Here's the excerpt on Obama: "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Sure...he hasn't really accomplished anything physical yet. But hasn't he done exactly what they awarded it to him for? It seems to me that people, including myself, just didn't actually know what it took to win it. It's like saying "HEY! you can't win that nobel prize for Physiology and Medicine! We live in a world ravaged by AIDS and Cancer! You aren't even fucking close to curing those!" And that's true. But they're not saying that he did. They're awarding him the prize for something else. And most people might not agree with it, but I'm willing to bet that most people wouldn't even know that last year's winner was the 10th President of Finland. The reason that everyone is so riled up about it is because every person in the world sees what Obama does on a daily basis.

brothadave79
10-17-2009, 03:23 PM
"Attempted murder" Now honestly, what is that? Do they give out a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?"

Attempted Peace ftw.

TakesMeNowhere28
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Obama winning the Nobel Prize is a joke. He should not be in the same company as Mother Teresa. Complete bullshit.

fraserstaple
10-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Hey Jesus.
I am Fraserstaple and I read your entire pasting. The Nobel Prize have been alloted to US President Mr. Brack Obama is I think justifiable. Because Allotment juries have taken decision on the basis of his over all life performance. Thanks and Be Connected.

Little_Miss_1565
10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Obama winning the Nobel Prize is a joke. He should not be in the same company as Mother Teresa. Complete bullshit.

And what about the same company as President Teddy Roosevelt, who did nothing for peace and was a huge warmonger? He's another president to win the Nobel Peace Prize while in office.

PedroACastro
10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
still teddy roosevelt was the most badass president you guys ever had

Apathy
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
And what about the same company as President Teddy Roosevelt, who did nothing for peace and was a huge warmonger? He's another president to win the Nobel Peace Prize while in office.

I said this too!

still teddy roosevelt was the most badass president you guys ever had
No. He was essentially a gun-toting hillbilly who believed in exploiting the weak.

PedroACastro
10-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I said this too!

No. He was essentially a gun-toting hillbilly who believed in exploiting the weak.

the man was shot while delivering a speech and continued doing that. badass

Little_Miss_1565
10-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Apathy speaks the truth.

Oh, and Benjamin Netanyahu also won the Nobel Peace Prize just for shaking hands with a Jewish guy.

wheelchairman
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
That's funny, Yassir Arafat won it for that reason too...

Apathy
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
the man was shot while delivering a speech and continued doing that. badass

You make it sound as though he was mortally wounded. It hit the fifty page copy of the speech he had in his coat and didn't penetrate anything but flesh. Also, that happened in my hometown!

The only thing I like about TR was his policies against trusts and that he and the republicans were such feuding bitches that they basically got Woodrow Wilson elected.

IamSam
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Plus Wilson also invaded Latin America around 20 times and invaded Russia to help the white side during the Russian Revolution.

Oh...and he was a white supremacist. No biggie.

PedroACastro
10-27-2009, 01:30 PM
You make it sound as though he was mortally wounded. It hit the fifty page copy of the speech he had in his coat and didn't penetrate anything but flesh. Also, that happened in my hometown!

The only thing I like about TR was his policies against trusts and that he and the republicans were such feuding bitches that they basically got Woodrow Wilson elected.

right.... perfectly normal to get shot and carry on talking like nothing, my mistake

Apathy
10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Good to see that you're finally acknowledging your shortcomings.

Little_Miss_1565
10-27-2009, 09:31 PM
That's funny, Yassir Arafat won it for that reason too...

LOL. Touche. That's what I get for ripping off Jon Stewart's punchlines.

genmadi
10-27-2009, 09:53 PM

calichix
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I think it's all about contrast. if john mccain or george bush were in office right now the war in iraq would be continuing to escalate and most likely we would have officially declared war on iran, whereas with obama in office iraq is winding down to the point where it's been declared """"over""" and we've gotten our shit together in afghanistan.. which is a step in the right direction in terms of ending a war. it's a big "thanks for being anyone but the bush administration. keep it up." which he's doing to an unimpressive extent. he is and does act as a peacemaker, but he's just such a pussy. *hairflip at the embargo*

it's kind of like if you'd been married to an impotent dude for 12 years then broke up and started dating a man of average sexual ability. he would be a sex god until the comparison illusion wore off.

T-6005
11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Two previous Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Dalai_Lama_and_Bishop_Tutu._Carey_Linde.jpg

Do they look like the choices of a rational mind?

Apathy
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't understand why realist theory is so prevalent in your thoughts. People seem to think that we need to be this massive police force. Unipolarity is not the answer to the world's problems.

and I'm just quoting my earlier self as a response to your Obama hatin'.

No, dusky, they do not give out posthumous nobel awards.

I've been thinking about this recently. When I first heard the news and up until a few days ago really I've been on the skeptical side...he hasn't really accomplished anything yet. I'm a fan, but couldn't it wait until he actually manages to close Guantanamo Bay? Or did something? Not that he won't, he just hasn't really had the time yet.

But recently I've started to think about it, and I read the information on why he won, and I'm starting to get the impression that the average person doesn't really understand who wins this thing for what reasons. It seems to be that Obama won based on his beliefs and ideology...ones that promote peace. And looking through the list of Peace Prize laureates, it doesn't seem like that's an uncommon thing to be awarded for.

In many ways its quite flawed. Gandhi never won one. Look at the two of the other US presidents who have been awarded the peace prize. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson? Teddy was basically a friggin war hawk, he pushed the US towards war every chance he got, not to mention exploiting numerous South/Central American countries in a state of psuedo imperialism. Hell you can't even read about him without seeing something about his brand of "Big Stick" politics. Not a peaceful dude. Wilson meanwhile, as much as I love him was awarded the prize for starting the League of Nations...which the U.S. subsequently never joined and the league failed because of it. Beyond that, even though it was pretty much unavoidable Wilson also brought the US into WW1.

If you have the time, read what they're given out for. Here's the excerpt on Obama: "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Sure...he hasn't really accomplished anything physical yet. But hasn't he done exactly what they awarded it to him for? It seems to me that people, including myself, just didn't actually know what it took to win it. It's like saying "HEY! you can't win that nobel prize for Physiology and Medicine! We live in a world ravaged by AIDS and Cancer! You aren't even fucking close to curing those!" And that's true. But they're not saying that he did. They're awarding him the prize for something else. And most people might not agree with it, but I'm willing to bet that most people wouldn't even know that last year's winner was the 10th President of Finland. The reason that everyone is so riled up about it is because every person in the world sees what Obama does on a daily basis.

wheelchairman
11-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Neorealism doesn't dictate a massive police force, what we have hear is so predictably neorealist its amusing, the US in a unipolar world has over-extended (or is continuing to) its resources.

Now that Ichoose is questioning other peoples' sources of news is beyond belief.

calichix
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I get my news from my brother in the special forces who served four years in Afghanistan, who says the funding is better managed and the troops on a day-to-day basis have clear concise direction under the Obama Administration.

12 years of tag team bullshit exploiting the neuroses of slow white men with an 8 year spring cleaning break.

I want to hear your tangents on these things:

Ronald Reagan
The Gays
The Jews
The French
The Mexicans
Loose Women
Children

wheelchairman
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Children

Dead ones or live ones? Cause the former probably has something to do with loose women.

Llamas
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I believe that in order to hold the title of Commander in Chief you should have served in at least one branch of our armed forces so you can know what it's like, you can have even a hint of knowledge of the importance of your decisions. He's making decisions for our brave men and women in uniform without ever having served himself. THAT'S B/S.
And yet, what is so interesting is the fact that all the people I know who serve in the military (and I'm friends with a few dozen) are leagues happier with Obama's decisions for them than they ever for Bush's. Most of them have been to Iraq or Afghanistan (or both) and voted for Obama. And most are supremely happy with his decisions... even though he never served. (I do have maybe 3 or 4 friends who voted Bush -> McCain, and don't approve of Obama's decisions - but the other 30-40 some are quite happy.)

I get my news from my brother in the special forces who served four years in Afghanistan, who says the funding is better managed and the troops on a day-to-day basis have clear concise direction under the Obama Administration.
Yep, this is exactly what my cousin who served in Afghanistan for I think 5-6 years total has said.

I want to hear your tangents on these things:

Ronald Reagan
The Gays
The Jews
The French
The Mexicans
Loose Women
Children

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun... :P

offsrx
12-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I was thinking that Obama was a cool new world leader, but now I think he is a douchebag just like every other politician! Same as Bush, but with diffrent skin color. Now I absolutley don't belive in world peace EVER, and that average joes like us here on forums, and like everyone cannot do a shit 2 change the world, because supreme leaders only care about:
-oil
-intrest
-money,money,money,money,money,money,money,money...
And whoever has more money, that guy has more power.. And that's why regular ppl are more selfish, and only give a shit about their asses, instead of helping each other..
I wish if more ppl get into Zeitgeist, but that's just a classic utopia...
World is a pretty shitty place..

IamSam
12-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I was thinking that Obama was a cool new world leader, but now I think he is a douchebag just like every other politician! Same as Bush, but with diffrent skin color. Now I absolutley don't belive in world peace EVER, and that average joes like us here on forums, and like everyone cannot do a shit 2 change the world, because supreme leaders only care about:
-oil
-intrest
-money,money,money,money,money,money,money,money...
And whoever has more money, that guy has more power.. And that's why regular ppl are more selfish, and only give a shit about their asses, instead of helping each other..
I wish if more ppl get into Zeitgeist, but that's just a classic utopia...
World is a pretty shitty place..

Care to back up your opinion with any semblance of fact?

RageAndLov
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
He is actually here in Norway right now. Everyone is going ballistic about it.

IamSam
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
He is actually here in Norway right now. Everyone is going ballistic about it.

Including the Russians (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/troms_og_finnmark/1.6904061&sl=no&tl=en).

http://instantrimshot.com/

DMelges
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Hitler was also offered the Nobel Peace Prize.

offsrx
12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Care to back up your opinion with any semblance of fact?

Okay ummm... Why the hell did he send 30,000 more soliders in Iraq one week after reciving nobel peace prize?????

IamSam
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Okay ummm... Why the hell did he send 30,000 more soliders in Iraq one week after reciving nobel peace prize?????

And here is where I get to say you're a moron.

You're a moron.

It's Afghanistan. And it was something he has been saying he was going to do since he was campaigning.

offsrx
12-11-2009, 04:59 AM
And here is where I get to say you're a moron.

You're a moron.

It's Afghanistan. And it was something he has been saying he was going to do since he was campaigning.

Okay so I then think you are a moron, since you agree that war should be raging on. Anyone who wants to kill somebody, should be killed. What the fuck are we? because of your opinion and other ppls such as you, war will go on. Start listening little to RATM. I suggest you that.

IamSam
12-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Okay so I then think you are a moron, since you agree that war should be raging on. Anyone who wants to kill somebody, should be killed. What the fuck are we? because of your opinion and other ppls such as you, war will go on. Start listening little to RATM. I suggest you that.

Oh good. I'm glad you get all of your understanding of the world from Rage Against the Machine.

I'm not going to argue with you because I can already tell that it would be arguing with a brick wall and beneath me.

DMelges
12-11-2009, 06:37 AM

I still have no idea why the hell he sent more soldiers to Afghanistan. Here plans on having every soldier home by 2011, but to do so he needs to send more ? No idea what he's trying to accomplish. More control ? Yeah, like we have no control over those places.

I'm have supported Obama ever since he appeared as a candidate. I think he's made some really good choices, but I have no idea what he's doing with Afghanistan.

Also, the only way I would support sending soldiers somewhere, is if it were to look for Bin Laden. We haven't done that for a while, or ever, actually.

IamSam
12-11-2009, 06:54 AM
I wish more people paid attention to the world around them. That would be nice. It would also make it so I wouldn't feel like bashing my face against a wall.

offsrx
12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh good. I'm glad you get all of your understanding of the world from Rage Against the Machine.

I'm not going to argue with you because I can already tell that it would be arguing with a brick wall and beneath me.

No it wouldn't, cause I always look at everything from its boths sides. And you haven't said anything against my arguments, or anything 2 convince me in opposit, you said that I'm idiot. That's lame. And I'm not getting understandings of everything from RATM, but those guys have some good points. But I guess U are American nationalist, so I don't have anything 2 discuss with you, cause U only listen 2 yourself.

IamSam
12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
No it wouldn't, cause I always look at everything from its boths sides. And you haven't said anything against my arguments, or anything 2 convince me in opposit, you said that I'm idiot. That's lame. And I'm not getting understandings of everything from RATM, but those guys have some good points. But I guess U are American nationalist, so I don't have anything 2 discuss with you, cause U only listen 2 yourself.

Actually, my main news source is the BBC and I am not close to being a nationalist.

Never assume.

offsrx
12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I still have no idea why the hell he sent more soldiers to Afghanistan. Here plans on having every soldier home by 2011, but to do so he needs to send more ? No idea what he's trying to accomplish. More control ? Yeah, like we have no control over those places.

That is a good question. But a side of consiracy theory crap, It's a fact that Obama is just instrument(or just a toy) for us citizens to belive in, but everyone knows that American politics is straight like aeroplane, and it's not changing its course. So Obama will not stop war on Iraq. War will end when it's goal will be achived. We don't know what is goal, but my opinion is: oil. We'll see what will happend

Little_Miss_1565
12-11-2009, 08:26 AM
First of all -- Those of you who believed Obama's inauguration would cause the unicorn to roam free again and leprechauns descend from the heavens on a bed of rainbows with pots of gold to end the recession were doomed to be disappointed. Obama is a politician, and those of you just realizing this now should probably consider being ashamed. This does not, however, mean that what he has to say should be discounted.

Start listening little to RATM. I suggest you that.

I suggest you stop listening to RATM. They rock pretty hard, but they oversimplify a lot of issues.

I still have no idea why the hell he sent more soldiers to Afghanistan.

He explained it pretty well himself. I'd suggest reading the speech he made -- to West Point graduates, no less -- if you really want to know why. Also, his general asked for more troops.

I wish more people paid attention to the world around them. That would be nice. It would also make it so I wouldn't feel like bashing my face against a wall.

Yes.

No it wouldn't, cause I always look at everything from its boths sides. And you haven't said anything against my arguments, or anything 2 convince me in opposit, you said that I'm idiot. That's lame.

You have to look everything from both sides, eh? They why didn't you read Obama's Nobel acceptance speech?

IamSam
12-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Seeing he stopped the "stop loss" of US troops, is pulling US troops out of Iraq, and is adhering to his promise of providing the Afghan and American troops with more support in the form of supplies and men, I think his goals are well defined.

Also: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Little_Miss_1565
12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Also: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

This is kind of an odd site... How is it that a quote from Obama recognizing the Armenian genocide is next to a thing saying one of his broken promises is to recognize said Armenian genocide? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

IamSam
12-11-2009, 08:38 AM
This is kind of an odd site... How is it that a quote from Obama recognizing the Armenian genocide is next to a thing saying one of his broken promises is to recognize said Armenian genocide? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

He has yet to say "Armenian" and "genocide" in the same phrasing/sentence while president. That's why. I would argue it be put in "In the Works" because he could still say it.

WebDudette
12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I assume it has been discussed, but it annoys me to no end when people talk about how he was only president for a month before they made their decision. I'm not sure that I agree with Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, but it's not like he was non-existent before he was president.

Little_Miss_1565
12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I assume it has been discussed, but it annoys me to no end when people talk about how he was only president for a month before they made their decision. I'm not sure that I agree with Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, but it's not like he was non-existent before he was president.

Totally agreed. And relates to:

He has yet to say "Armenian" and "genocide" in the same phrasing/sentence while president. That's why. I would argue it be put in "In the Works" because he could still say it.

It's like, really, does the counter of things said reset after one takes the presidency? We have a president who acknowledges the Armenian genocide but because he hasn't said the two words together *as president*, it doesn't count? I'm just puzzled.

RageAndLov
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM

He was not well known on a world basis before running for president.

irrespern
12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
but it is not going to play in his favor

wait till the conservatives Fox news start on this

the whole tweetworld is already mocking it :

"If the Nobel Committee deliberately set out to sabotage Obama, they couldnt have done it better."

"Are the Norwegian Nobel Committee trying to force President Obama to be good?"

and the best one :

"Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize? What for? For not being George W. Bush.? "

DMelges
12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Nobel Prizes are easier than ever to get.

http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/61629_nobelprizeoil.jpg

I hear they might start giving them out with every Happy Meal in 2010...