PDA

View Full Version : bush, war, and gay marriages...

lost_nvrfound
01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
i've sent thousands upon thousands of our armed forces to a pointless war that should never have been started in the first place... but totally ignore that and look over here... gay people want to get MARRIED!... lets focus on that instead...
G.W.Bush (in paraphrase)

how long will it take ppl to learn that starting up all this anti-gay-marriage bullshit was just a divirsionary tactic to distract them from the fact that over a thousand americans have died in a war that shouldn't hav been started in the first place... gay marriages should nvr hav been involved in politics and i can't believe ppl fell 4 it... what do you think?

leo3375
01-23-2005, 08:40 PM
How long did it take you to firgure out that banning gay marriage was a media distraction? I've known that from Day One.

But seriously, I believe that two monogamous, consenting adults, regardless of sexual orientation, should be allowed to marry. All the reasons I've heard to support it are mostly pragmatic (tax benefits, insurance, power-of-attorney, hospital visitation, etc.) and a few religious reasons (Would Christ discriminate?)

All the reasons I've heard against gay marriages are purely religious (God will stike us down, marriage is one man to one woman only) and ridiculous and untrue predictions (What's next, pedophila? Polygamy? Bestiality?).

I say legalize gay marriages. Just let the religious organizations decide if they want to recognize such a union. Remember, they don't have to if they don't want to.

Offspring_maniac
01-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I think that you are simply born gay an if that is the case you should be aloud to marry who you are in love with. i mean i have two gay cousins an i feel sorry for them but, i think that it is only fair that they are treated like humans i mean it is hard enough for them that they are different an have to live with that everyday. i mean they should atleast get the same privilages as we do.

as for bush, yes he uses this to hide the real issues! but that is cuz he is nuttin but a bastard an has no meaning in life other then to destroy the world an kill innocent people. He is very sneaky however cuz, people actuallly fall for it
sad isn't it!

Kitten
01-24-2005, 11:46 AM
I see no problem with gay marriages. If they are happy and comfortable, then why shouldn't they be allowed to have that love solidifed in marriage.
Of course it's a distraction, but the problem is that people are falling for it.

lost_nvrfound
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I see no problem with gay marriages. If they are happy and comfortable, then why shouldn't they be allowed to have that love solidifed in marriage.
Of course it's a distraction, but the problem is that people are falling for it.

yeah... i kno right... thats wut i've been tryin to tell my friend, who's very pro bush... all she says to that is "where's ur proof? bush is the best president evr" and i just tell her she's ignorant...

Mota Boy
01-26-2005, 04:39 PM
how long will it take ppl to learn that starting up all this anti-gay-marriage bullshit was just a divirsionary tactic to distract them from the fact that over a thousand americans have died in a war that shouldn't hav been started in the first place... gay marriages should nvr hav been involved in politics and i can't believe ppl fell 4 it... what do you think?
I think that you're ignoring that the issue first came to national prominence after gay marriage was legalized in Massachussetts and then San Francisco. It was this initial push to legalize it that caused such a backlash. The administration mainly took advantage of it not by focusing on it overshadow Iraq in the media spotlight, but to get homophobic conservatives out to vote on November 2nd.