PDA

View Full Version : Hitler was nominated to Nobel's Peace Prize

RageAndLov
10-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Wheelchairman made me aware of the nomination of Adolf Hitler for the Nobel's Peace Prize in 1939.
How on earth did that happen?

Source (http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=2609)

Llamas
10-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Hitler had some excellent ideas, and very much liked the idea of peace... but he got swept up in something really terrible where he became convinced that in order to achieve the peace he wanted, he had to cleanse the population. It makes sense that he was nominated... it's not like he was nominated in 1945 :P It wasn't until after 1939 that the SS started slaughtering Jews in the camps.

RageAndLov
10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Hitler had some excellent ideas, and very much liked the idea of peace... but he got swept up in something really terrible where he became convinced that in order to achieve the peace he wanted, he had to cleanse the population. It makes sense that he was nominated... it's not like he was nominated in 1945 :P It wasn't until after 1939 that the SS started slaughtering Jews in the camps.

It is not logical that the person who started a world war was nominated for NPP the same year.
And the Nazis' pursue of Jews were not a hidden fact in 1939 I think.

brothadave79
10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
It is not logical that the person who started a world war was nominated for NPP the same year.

If it makes you feel better, he lost both of those.

RageAndLov
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
If it makes you feel better, he lost both of those.

But he shouldn't even been nominated.

jacknife737
10-21-2009, 02:45 PM
To be fair, it was only a nomination; and it was withdrawn/turned down very shortly after it was announced. Also, i think that Stalin and Mussolini have been nominated at some point as well.

Lets remember that prior to the invasion of Poland, many people were quite sympathetic to Hitler's aims (re-strengthening of Germany, and keeping the Soviet Union in check,ect), this includes his mistreatment of Jews and communists, and leftists in Germany (the mistreatment started long before 1939). Not to mention the praise he received after the Munich agreement in 1938.

And it's also very debatable that the second world war started in 1937 with the start of hostilities between China and Japan.

Jesus
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Wheelchairman made me aware of the nomination of Adolf Hitler for the Nobel's Peace Prize in 1939.
How on earth did that happen?

Source (http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=2609)

Well considering the nomination process, being nominated "isn't that difficult". As you can see he was only nominated by 1 person (Brandt).

Now why was he nominated by Brandt? You have to go back to 1939, and look at it from Brandt's point of view and not look at it back from 2009 and ignoring the context. In 1939 Chamberlain was also nominated (http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=2597) by 12 member of parliament for his contribution to the Munich Agreement (September 30, 1938). The agreement accepted Hitler's claim that Czechoslovakia had to cede the Sudetenland to Germany. It was seen as a successful attempt to prevent the outbreak of a general war in Europe.

Now Chamberlain's nomination pissed off Brandt (a lefty btw, he wasn't some fascist) because he didn't like the Munich Agreement (thought it legitimized Hitler, and wouldn't prevent Hitler from going to war etc). So he thought, well if we're gonna nominated Chamberlain, why not just go crazy and just give it to Hitler (cutting out the middle man). Brandt later retracted his nomination (he probably realized it would be misjudged).

The nomination of Chamberlain/Hitler affair in 1939 would be the equivalent of a bunch of people in 2004 or something nominating Bush which would piss of some other guy or woman and just say: well if we're gonna nominate him, why not just nominate Hussein or Osama Bin Laden. For what it's worth, it wouldn't surprise me to see in 50 years (when the current nominations are revealed) that Bush was once nominated.

RageAndLov
10-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Well considering the nomination process, being nominated "isn't that difficult". As you can see he was only nominated by 1 person (Brandt).

Now why was he nominated by Brandt? You have to go back to 1939, and look at it from Brandt's point of view and not look at it back from 2009 and ignoring the context. In 1939 Chamberlain was also nominated (http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=2597) by 12 member of parliament for his contribution to the Munich Agreement (September 30, 1938). The agreement accepted Hitler's claim that Czechoslovakia had to cede the Sudetenland to Germany. It was seen as a successful attempt to prevent the outbreak of a general war in Europe.

Now Chamberlain's nomination pissed of Brandt (a lefty btw, he wasn't some fascist) because he didn't like the Munich Agreement (thought it legitimized Hitler, and wouldn't prevent Hitler from going to war etc). So he thought, well if we're gonna nominated Chamberlain, why not just go crazy and just give it to Hitler (cutting out the middle man). Brandt later retracted his nomination (he probably realized it would be misjudged).

The nomination of Chamberlain/Hitler affair in 1939 would be the equivalent of a bunch of people in 2004 or something nominating Bush which would piss of some other guy or woman and just say: well if we're gonna nominate him, why not just nominate Hussein or Osama Bin Laden. For what it's worth, it wouldn't surprise me to see in 50 years (when the current nominations are revealed) that Bush was once nominated.

Thanks. That cleared it all up I guess.

The Talking Pie
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM

England and her allies started the war. Before the declaration of war against Germany by the allies, the state of affairs was just the Western Powers giving Hitler land that wasn't his.

Also, the holocaust and whatnot was only really 'in theory' until the last years of the war. Don't forget that Hitler was in power for a long time before the period of 1939 - 1945. People weren't being subjected to genocide until the last leg of his Reich. Also bear in mind that, during those early years, a lot of good was done for Germany and her people by Hitler.

Read 'Inside the Third Reich' by Albert Speer (the 'apologising Nazi'); if you can ignore the overbearing current of guilt that runs throughout the text, you can start to get an idea of just why someone like Hitler could receive the nomination.

RageAndLov
10-22-2009, 11:03 AM
England and her allies started the war. Before the declaration of war against Germany by the allies, the state of affairs was just the Western Powers giving Hitler land that wasn't his.

They declared war because Germany invaded Poland.

Also, the holocaust and whatnot was only really 'in theory' until the last years of the war. Don't forget that Hitler was in power for a long time before the period of 1939 - 1945.

Being elected in 1933 and got into office in 1934 is not a long time I'd say.

IamSam
10-25-2009, 09:56 AM
To be fair, it was only a nomination; and it was withdrawn/turned down very shortly after it was announced. Also, i think that Stalin and Mussolini have been nominated at some point as well.

Lets remember that prior to the invasion of Poland, many people were quite sympathetic to Hitler's aims (re-strengthening of Germany, and keeping the Soviet Union in check,ect), this includes his mistreatment of Jews and communists, and leftists in Germany (the mistreatment started long before 1939). Not to mention the praise he received after the Munich agreement in 1938.

And it's also very debatable that the second world war started in 1937 with the start of hostilities between China and Japan.

This. Also remember Poland wasn't invaded until September 1st. The nominations were what...6 months earlier?

IamSam
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM

1933-1939 is 6 years.

President Bush was in office for 8 years. A lot of things can happen in that period of time...

The Talking Pie
10-25-2009, 10:41 AM
They declared war because Germany invaded Poland.

Exactly. The Allies declared war. Sure, Hitler had it coming, but you can't for one second claim that he started the war.

Yes it is. It's longer than most modern politicians are in office. And that's just the period before the war.

Seriously, do your research instead of just assuming that everything Hitler ever done was pure evil because of the Holocaust.

wheelchairman
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Well the anti-semitic stuff was fairly obvious from the get-go, giving a virulent racist the nobel peace prize would be weird.

The Talking Pie
10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Although state-sponsored racism was a tad more socially-acceptable back then.

_Lost_
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
RaL, you've also got to remember that when Hitler came to power, Germany was at the verge of collapse because of the first world war. He gave them hope and a lot of people got swept up in that and truly believed he was going to save Germany. It wasn't until too late that they realized the guy was batshit crazy and that they were headed down a very bad road. Its not unreasonable to see why people thought he was the one to bring them peace. Even if you disregard what the Pie was talking about. It doesn't seem so far fetched.

Jules69
10-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Hitler was a product of incest!!!

Jules69
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
He killed to many of my grandparents friends!! Crazy fuck!!

nieh
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
He killed to many of my grandparents friends!! Crazy fuck!!

Too many? How many would've been just enough?

Jules69
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
:eek:O NONE!

Jules69
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Too many? How many would've been just enough?

DUDE!! Are you high on bad dope?!??:confused:

RageAndLov
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
RaL, you've also got to remember that when Hitler came to power, Germany was at the verge of collapse because of the first world war. He gave them hope and a lot of people got swept up in that and truly believed he was going to save Germany. It wasn't until too late that they realized the guy was batshit crazy and that they were headed down a very bad road. Its not unreasonable to see why people thought he was the one to bring them peace. Even if you disregard what the Pie was talking about. It doesn't seem so far fetched.

Saving Germany financially - okay, but bringing peace to the world?
I don't know, a lot of things that are as clear as the sun today were not common knowledge back then and predicting the future is hard, but I still find it funny that he was nominated for the NPP (even though for a short amount of time).

The Talking Pie
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
The one of the prerequisites for the Nobel Peace Prize is that the candidate:

"shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations"

By annexing territory in the manner that he did (that is, reclaiming land of the German people -- and do remember that he was cheered into most of these territories by those very people he was 'invading'), it does seem that he fulfilled that criterion. The Nobel Peace Prize wasn't explicitly reserved for people who end all wars and unite all nations forever and ever.

However, having said that, there were of course other criteria for the prize, which may explain why he didn't win (plus it isn't particularly difficult to be nominated).

All I'm saying (yet again...) is that if you put yourself in the 1930s there's a good chance you wouldn't see anything wrong with the nomination.

0r4ng3
10-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Hitler was a product of incest!!!
Is this actually a theory/fact or is it more like one of those ad hominem "Hitler is a poopyhead!" kind of statements?

Also, I'm calling a Godwin's Law on this entire thread.

Moose
10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Did You Know:

IBM was the company that created and distributed the technology that imprinted the serial bar numbers on the people during the Holocaust.

BKDH_1984
10-25-2009, 11:51 PM
How is Hitler doing down below with Satan?

Llamas
10-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Is this actually a theory/fact or is it more like one of those ad hominem "Hitler is a poopyhead!" kind of statements?
Definitely the latter.

Did You Know:

IBM was the company that created and distributed the technology that imprinted the serial bar numbers on the people during the Holocaust.

Yeah, there are quite a few companies that were instrumental in the Holocaust that are still around today... some people have huge problems with this.

Jesus
10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
The one of the prerequisites for the Nobel Peace Prize is that the candidate:

"shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations"

By annexing territory in the manner that he did (that is, reclaiming land of the German people -- and do remember that he was cheered into most of these territories by those very people he was 'invading'), it does seem that he fulfilled that criterion. The Nobel Peace Prize wasn't explicitly reserved for people who end all wars and unite all nations forever and ever.

However, having said that, there were of course other criteria for the prize, which may explain why he didn't win (plus it isn't particularly difficult to be nominated).

All I'm saying (yet again...) is that if you put yourself in the 1930s there's a good chance you wouldn't see anything wrong with the nomination.

That's actually one of the reasons why Brandt withdrew the nomination, he thought most of the intellectuals would get that it was a joke nomination (in response to Chamberlain's nomination), but they didn't (not surprising since most people supported applauded 'Peace for our time'/Munich agreement etc).

Hypno Toad
10-30-2009, 10:15 PM
He got that before he went on the war bender.

Baldwin
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
To be fair on Hitler, Danzig really should have been ceded to Germany without a war. Poland, France and the UK pretty much invaded Germany to stop them from getting a dirt-poor stretch of shitty land that was vastly German-majority and desperately wanted to be annexed to Germany in the first place. I should also point out that before the remilitarisation France had broken the Versailles treaty in full view of the international community and laughed in Germany's face when they tried to call them on it. Early into the war Great Britain had broken the pretty much only accepted convention of warfare by pre-emptively invading a neutral country (Norway), which set the precedent for Hitler's invasion of Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Yugoslavia, Denmark, Norway and etc. The Soviet Union had set the precedent for the extermination of an ethnic group they considered to be a threat to their political situation ; and after the war the Allies even helped them finish up with that genocide (at the same time they were mock-trialing and hanging Nazis for doing the same thing).

Every country back then was a fucking arsehole, and Hitler's was nowhere near close to being the worst of them. Only difference between them is that Hitler lost.

izzy73
11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow.
There's a shocker!
:eek::eek::eek:

rise_and_fall
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I should also point out that before the remilitarisation France had broken the Versailles treaty in full view of the international community and laughed in Germany's face when they tried to call them on it.

You mean the occupation of the Ruhr? I agree that was just France bullying Germany because they could.

Every country back then was a fucking arsehole, and Hitler's was nowhere near close to being the worst of them. Only difference between them is that Hitler lost.

The fact that both Germany and Russia both invaded Poland and Britain and France only declared war against Germany gives me the shits. The double standard pisses me off while the try to say they were the morally correct ones.

IamSam
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
You mean the occupation of the Ruhr? I agree that was just France bullying Germany because they could.

It's the story of society. We bully when we can get away with it.

Baldwin
11-11-2009, 08:40 PM
The Soviet invasion of Poland (+Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) is small potatos. You want to see some real cold-blooded, evil, genocidal shit from the Allies, google the "Betrayal of the Cossacks".

And don't forget Nuremburg. Pretty much every Nazi they could grab was hanged or sentenced to decades of prison under the assumption that a war cimes treaty, which nobody signed before the war, should be retroactively applied to the Germans after the war. It should be pointed out that the crimes they were hanged for were in immediate response to those crimes being perpetrated against them first ; the Rhenish rebellion came before the remilitarisation of the Rhine, the Altmark Incident came before the invasion of Benelux and Scandinavia, Bomber Harris's mass terror-bombing of Germany came before the Rotterdam terrorbombing ; and the Soviet extermination and genocide of the Volga Germans, Cossacks and others came before the Holocaust.

The Talking Pie
11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Although ultimately acquitted, Hans Fritzsche (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Fritzsche) is the best indicator of how petty Nuremberg was.

IamSam
11-14-2009, 10:16 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/birchwl/WW2A108.gif

RageAndLov
11-15-2009, 08:18 AM
^ur doin it wrong, ur sposed to burn it

Jojan
11-17-2009, 02:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44jb8hPWu8

Satanic_Surfer
11-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Hitler was nominated to the peace price with irony. Not in a serious way.

I found an article about it in swedish for anyone who speaks it. The title is "When Hitler was nominated for the peace price - The story of how sharp irony can damage one mans reputation". In the nomination of Hitler it says among other things that Hitler had "a burning love for peace, as described in his book Mein Kampf". The nomination even describes Hitler as "Our godgiven freedomfighter and lord of peace".

http://bengt_nilsson.tripod.com/Historia/brandt.htm

I dont know what Wheelie were thinking but i hope this makes sense to most of you.

(I assume you can find info in english aswell, if anyone's willing to look around - please do.)

coneourne
11-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Not really interested in YOUR version of history, but more on the fact that Hitlers name adds up to 666 based on the posted code. Im an athiest for the record,but found it ironic that the most evil empire leader recognised by the Majority of the whole WORLD,Adolf Hitler,s name adds up to the Christians code for the Anti Christ =666. And was interested on what people might make of that. Not wether or not Nazi,s were faciest or not, or wether the gas chambers existed or not. Which they did in my opinion.

wheelchairman
11-26-2009, 06:01 AM
The Nazis were the faciest people in history. Following their radical fashionist policies.

What do you mean Hitler's name adds up to 666 on the postal code?

Llamas
11-26-2009, 09:47 AM
What do you mean Hitler's name adds up to 666 on the postal code?

I don't really know where it comes from, but if A = 100, B = 101, etc... his name equals 666. It's stupid.

To con: it's ironic? Even *I* know that makes no sense :P

Jesus
11-26-2009, 09:50 AM
It's a spambot...

The Talking Pie
11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
You mean a Jew-bot.

JoY
11-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I don't really know where it comes from, but if A = 100, B = 101, etc... his name equals 666. It's stupid.

To con: it's ironic? Even *I* know that makes no sense :P

If e=105, h=108, i=109, l=112, r=118 & t=120, his name equals 672. So that's 666..+6.
So does that mean he's extra evil? ;p

Anyway, if that creeps you out, you should read Harry Mulisch's book Siegfried. He makes connections between Hitler & evil that are almost frightingly convincing. I'll try to reproduce them, but I have no idea if I can reproduce all the connections, or if I'm making even more. Some of them are really lame, though. Especially the one with Hitler, Nietzsche & brown poo I thought was ridiculous, but more about that later.

Hitler was born the 20th of April in 1889, a bit over 3 months after Friedrich Nietzsche went insane. In the book Siegfried it's said, that Hitler's development in the womb formed a chronological parallel with Nietzsche's insanity, which supposedly was at an absolute low-point around Hitler's birth. To put this into perspective & to remember who Nietzsche was; the Übermensch (overman), der Wille zur Macht (the will to power), Gott ist tot (God is dead), Master-slave morality & the thought of eternal return/eternal recurrence (in which time is not lineair, but cyclical & history repeats) are all concepts of Nietzsche. The concept of Übermensch is from the book Also Sprach Zarathustra, of which certain fragments in a way could be seen as a prediction of WWII.
In January 1889, during his mental breakdown, Nietzsche wrote his collegues in his Wahnbriefe (Madness letters) that he had had Caiaphas put in fetters (Roman-appointed Jewish high priest involved in the trial of Jesus) & that Wilhelm, Bismarck, & all anti-Semites abolished. (the German emperor Wilhelm I died in 1988, Bismarck resigned at Wilhelm II's insistence in 1890) He commanded the German emperor to go to Rome in order to be shot & summoned the European powers to take military action against Germany.
Nietzsche died in 1900 at age 56, the same age at which Hitler committed suicide.

Weird?

Then there was a connection with the colour brown, which I mentioned earlier & didn't fit very tightly together, only in some aspects.
In painting, this is the mixture of all (primary) colours, so you put all colours together & what is left, is the colour brown. Brown is a colour with low intensity, because it absorbes most of the light. Because it absorbes light, some people see it as the devil's colour.
People associate brown with defecation, which Nietzsche smeared on the walls by the time Hitler was born, & the Sturmabteilung (SA, or stormtroopers, often called "brownshirts" after their brown uniform), a feared paramilitairy organisation of the Nazi Party, that played a key role in Hitler's rise to power.
Adolf Hitler was born in Braunau (Austria) & Adolf's lover & (for a short time) wife was Eva Braun. Not just that, but the plan for the German attack on Czechoslovakia in 1937 was called Fall Grün (Case Green), the Germans strategic plan for war with Poland in 1939 was called Fall Weiß (Case White), the plans for conquering France in 1940 were called Fall Gelb & Fall Rot (Case Yellow & Case Red), & the codename for the invasion of Russia in 1942 was Fall Blau (Case Blue). Together, those colours make the colour brown.
In 1932 Otto Braun's government of Prusia was deposed in the Preußenschlag, which marked the rise of Hitler. Werner von Braun was the leading expert in rockettechnology & the key man in the rocketprogram of Nazi-Germany.

Now that's a lot of brown in one man's history.

Hitler had three women in his life; in the 1920's he was engaged to Mimi Reiter, his mistress of course was Eva Braun & he had a very close bond, supposedly even sexual, with his half-niece Geli Raubal. All three tried to commit suicide (Eva tried to rob herself of her own life on more than one occasion), two succeeded. Seeing this fact, Harry Mulisch describes Hitler as a vacuum, sucking away colour, light & life in his novel.

& let's not forget the moment in history he was found in complete panic in his room in the middle of the night, saying; "He... he... he is here...". Many people speculate this was an encounter with the devil.

Then there was something about the names of the concentration camps, but I totally forgot what it was.

Edit: Oh snap! Hahaha! http://dresdendolls.wikia.com/wiki/672
I was just doing some wild thinking, but does 672 by any coincedence code for the colour brown?

T-6005
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Considering it overshoots 666 by exactly 6, and that there are 6 letters in Hitler and that it's a direct sequence, you'd get 666 by having A be 99 instead of 100.

Just a thought, but it goes to show what you can find if you look for it.

JoY
11-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Or you could say that he wasn't "The 666" himself, but like a son of the devil, symbolically marked by adding an extra 6 to the number.

I love theories like these. The 99-one you just proposed is utter crap, though. ;p

TakesMeNowhere28
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Yeah, but Hitler had a hatred of the Jews even while he was a soldier in World War I. Makes you wonder if Hitler wasn't so focused on getting rid of the Jews, would he have won World War II? He might have won if the Japanese didn't bring us into it.

T-6005
11-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Or you could say that he wasn't "The 666" himself, but like a son of the devil, symbolically marked by adding an extra 6 to the number.

I love theories like these. The 99-one you just proposed is utter crap, though. ;p

Well, duh. I was just pointing out the obvious. If you overshoot the number by exactly 6 in a 6-letter word, just reduce the value of each number by one. So instead of starting at A=100, start at A=99.

Because 99 is almost 666 written upside down but not quite.

The Talking Pie
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but Hitler had a hatred of the Jews even while he was a soldier in World War I.

This is what I love. The fact that, when you look at it, Hitler was just a racist citizen like any other bastard you're likely to pass in the street every single day. Any other citizen who, if given the actual power to 'sort out' their scapegoat of choice, likely would with glee. Why does everyone seem to think that evil men seek out power and always succeed in getting it, instead of just realising that all men have evil inside themselves, but rarely have access to the tools to unleash it to its full potential?

He might have won if the Japanese didn't bring us into it.

Hitler also might have won the war if Russia had've successfully invaded Finland, so he wouldn't make the mistake of over-stretching on two fronts and postponing the invasion of Britain. Maybe we should thank the Commies or the Finns instead?

JoY
11-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, but Hitler had a hatred of the Jews even while he was a soldier in World War I. Makes you wonder if Hitler wasn't so focused on getting rid of the Jews, would he have won World War II? He might have won if the Japanese didn't bring us into it.

The first Jew that brings him to see them overal as less than German he meets around 1905, according to Mein Kampf, & he describes how he can't believe he's lived amongst them without seeing this huge difference that is so nauseating. That's even quite a bit before WWI. But anyone can feel hate & annoyance without acting on it.

The neverending story about the Americans that came to the rescue & saved the day has to stop at a certain point (though acknowledging their work was greatly needed & very awesome), because too many nations & too many military forces were fighting like mad & were thinning the Nazi's army pretty effectively. At this point, the Nazi's were making one stupid move after another. First they tried to invade Moscow in the middle of winter, absolutely unprepared for the cold, then soon after that, Hitler declairs war against the US. If anyone thought he was genius before that, they had to admit he'd gone absolute mad at this point.

That's a good quote you singled out there from Brianna. Because I've read quite a bit about Hitler, but as far as I know, he already started to become bitter, resentful, hateful & very troublesome as young as at the age of 10, almost 11, when his baby brother died. From then on, he constantly battled his father & his teachers, which is pretty understandable in many ways. His father was a patriotic Austrian & in his constant conflict with his dad, he soon became a fanatic German Nationalist with a hunger for war. He became fixated on war after finding a picture book on the Franco-Prusian war in his father's things, when he was little. In Mein Kampf he writes: "It was not long before the great historic struggle had become my greatest spiritual experience. From then on, I became more and more enthousiastic about everything that was in any way connected with war or, for that matter, with soldiering."
He's never backed down for a bit of bloodshed. Already in WWI, when he was around our age, he had one of the most dangerous of jobs in the army, being the "runner". Voluntary or not in those days (which I think it was, actually, since he wasn't German & was barely rewarded for what he did based on his Austrian nationality), after that experience, he wasn't going to back down for anything.

What probably didn't help, is that his dad died in 1903 & his mom in 1907, all while he was still a teenager. Then he failed miserably as an artist, lived in a homeless shelter by the time he was 20... He was bitter & resentful to begin with & every bit of his history only added more to that. It's a pretty good basis to develop psychopathic traits like he had.

He strived for a Reich that would eventually possibly live in peace as he pictured it, but that was pretty much an illusion, because what he strived for was in itself pretty much impossible to achieve. Meaning he was counting on a neverending war. Seriously, how big exactly was the Lebensraum that he thought he was going to need for all of his purposes anyway? It was going to be neverfuckingending.

Edit: Has anyone mentioned already he was Man Of The Year in TIME magazine for 1938, because he signed a declaration of peace he in the end broke anyway? So much for that attempt to cage the man by stroking his ego...

metalmania
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
hehe.this childish subjects re so comic really.hitler-nobel-obama and more just blablabla maybe you can hate them but you re the product of same georgaphy.so read the history of 2.world war begining.anyway, good arguaments for you so kill the hitler :)))

The Talking Pie
12-05-2009, 06:28 AM
'The Hitler'... I like that.

"Herr Himmler, we have lost contact with the Führer-Bunker... word has it that the Führer is dead. Congratulations sir, you're now The Hitler; what are your orders?"

RageAndLov
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Am I still sleeping? I didnt know you could get a peace prize for ordering drone bombings in a nation you havent even declared war on. I knew politics was all about appearances, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

If you read this thread you find that it actually isn't ridiculous. Strange perhaps, but not ridiculous.

PunkFrance
12-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Salut, je pense que tout a commencé en 1933 à partir de son éléction, et le pire c'est qu'il était Autrichien et non pas Allemand, mais bon. Désolé, je ne parle pas Anglais.

RageAndLov
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Salut, je pense que tout a commencé en 1933 à partir de son éléction, et le pire c'est qu'il était Autrichien et non pas Allemand, mais bon. Désolé, je ne parle pas Anglais.

J'mapelle RageAndLov.

irrespern
12-19-2009, 01:29 AM
I was a dinner with friends last night and it was pointed out that the nominations for the Peace prize were done in February. So, basically he won this within a month of taking office???

Makes no sense to me and as a Democrat, it is more than a little embarrassing.

And no, I would not have voted for him had it not been for the alternative.