PDA

View Full Version : The Redestructed

Rooster
10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok, since we've got a name now (actually we have it for quite some time) i've decided to start a new thread about my band.

We play mainly punk rock music, mixed with grunge. We have recorded some songs, but vocals yet need to be recorded, and (hopefully) that'll happen soon.

Until then here's a teaser for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPBsvD1kwU&feature=channel

I hope you'll like what you hear from it :p

randman21
10-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Ha! That was awesome. Heh, you look so badass, man. Can you tell us a little bit more about that latest gig you guys had? I haven't been around much lately, so in case I missed it, you can copy and paste here. :D

Rooster
10-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, the gig was great, although we were a bit sleepy and all, because we played at 1:30 AM. But we had a great time, our best performance yet!

It was wild, people were moshing in front of the stage, everything was set up right, vocals were very clear. We've learned from our past mistakes i guess :p

Oh, here's the link to our facebook profile page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Redestructed/160369864785?ref=nf&v=wall

edit: link edited

darea
10-23-2009, 11:06 PM
That was pretty cool, havent you got any longer videos?
I was kinda hoping to hear one of your songs, havent heard anything of yours yet.

ad8
10-24-2009, 03:29 AM
That was the studio version of Self-Destruction in the middle of the video, right?
If yes, you were right all along about the studio versions being much better than the older demos. They rock!:)

Rooster
10-24-2009, 03:41 AM
That was the studio version of Self-Destruction in the middle of the video, right?
If yes, you were right all along about the studio versions being much better than the older demos. They rock!:)

Yep, it was. Well, actually it's not a "studio" version, since it was recorded in the same place as the performance in the video. But the sound we got exceeded our expectations, and after i was done with mixing and mastering the tracks they sounded excellent. Now we only need to record vocals soon :D

And yeah, they sound bazillion times better than those early recordings i posted here - that version of Self-Destruction didn't have bass, and drums were made with in guitar pro.

Also, at the end of the video you can hear the intro of Semper Fi, which is a slower, grunge song (with a very loud chorus :D). That song's my favorite.

ad8
10-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Also, at the end of the video you can hear the intro of Semper Fi, which is a slower, grunge song (with a very loud chorus :D). That song's my favorite.
Ah, alright. Please be sure to show us Semper Fi soon (cause now I'm really curious;))

dff_punk
10-24-2009, 04:38 AM
Watched the video.

Became a fan.

Is trembling.

ad8
10-24-2009, 07:32 AM
By the way: What movie is that short extract in the beginning of the video taken from? Does it hint at Self-Destruction (=is Self-Destruction about drugs)?

dff_punk
10-24-2009, 07:38 AM
It might be from Trainspotting... if my memory serves me right.

Blitz!
10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
I am completely speechless and that means something :cool: The wait was definitely worth it.

It might be from Trainspotting... if my memory serves me right.

There is nothing wrong with your memory ... nice add, by the way Rok, hopefully youtube wouldn't pull your teaser because of the copyright issue.

Rooster
10-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Yep, the part IS from Trainspotting, and to answer ad8's question: yes, Self-Destruction is about drugs.

I hope everything's gonna be ok with the teaser, because trainspotting is tagged in the description of the video. However, it might not be a bad idea to make it more clearly where that part was taken from, i'll suggest that to the drummer (he was the one who put the teaser together, he's really good with this stuff) who uploaded the video.

Anyway, thanks for the positive response :)

Gustavo
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh, man! This stuff is just awesome, I'm really impressed, it sounds so good. I can't wait to listen to more of your stuff. You guys just got a new fan! :)

Rooster
10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive response, it's really nice feeling when people like the songs you wrote for your own pleasure :)

Anyway, full songs may be released very soon (maybe sooner than you think, if everything goes as planned)... That's all i'm telling you for now :D

findout5
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds promising :)

Rooster
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Big news: recording sessions are finished. Now it's my job to mix them properly, and later also master the songs.

I'll let you know about the release dates as soon as we decide about them. The songs will be released separately, one every few days, and hopefully the first one will be released early in the next week.

Superdope
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Big news: recording sessions are finished. Now it's my job to mix them properly, and later also master the songs.

I'll let you know about the release dates as soon as we decide about them. The songs will be released separately, one every few days, and hopefully the first one will be released early in the next week.

Awesome! This means you'll also have something ready for the mixtape this time around, eh?

randman21
12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Alright, can't wait!

Rooster
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Awesome! This means you'll also have something ready for the mixtape this time around, eh?

Yep, but we haven't yet decided about which song it would be. I feel great, i wasn't expecting that we would finish recording all the needed vocals today (we finished the 2 songs that needed to be finished, which is more than i hoped for). We're all pleased with how it went today, it felt like we achieved something. Now it's all up to me to finish the product :D

More information coming in the next few days

Rooster
12-12-2009, 09:19 AM
The wait is almost over. The first song from our demo, titeled Self-Destruction (which some of you might remember from a few bits that were posted about a year ago), will be released on tuesday, december 15th. The other two songs will follow soon after, we will publish one at a time.

dff_punk
12-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Ohh, this teasing :D Cannot wait!

~|Vredina|~
12-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Ohh, this teasing :D Cannot wait!

Neither can I...I'm sure the song's gonna be amazing!

Rooster
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Tomorrow's the day. The song will probably be released sometime in the afternoon/evening on our facebook profile page. But this one isn't my favorite from the 3 songs; we'll release one every 2 or 3 days, and we'll save the best for last...:p

dff_punk
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Is that the fast one from the trailer? I am very stoked to hear the full version, cause it got me really pumped :)

Rooster
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Yep, that's the fast one from the trailer (although it's not our fastest song, but that one won't be released on this demo). I hope you'll like it,although vocals aren't 100% perfect pitch all the time - it's a very hard song to sing (the hardest of our songs), you would need Dexter's voice to sing it perfectly. But if you consider this fact, our vocalist Igor did a damn good job at it, and it still rocks, and sounds very powerfull (it also tends to trigger moshpits at our gigs :D) and angry. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Rooster
12-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Only a few more hours of waiting... :p

It turned out that the vocals for Self-Destruction were better than i thought they were, it was more that i wasn't used to hear the song with vocals yet (other than live). Sounds quite epic :)

dff_punk
12-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Bah, just post it already! :p

Rooster
12-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Bah, just post it already! :p

It's not quite finished yet, it needs a few finishing touches. It'll be released later (probably towards the evening) on our facebook profile page (managed by our drummer), and then the song would be also posted here.

Rooster
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Here it is! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxitX4UNkxo)

don't kill me, just relax, i HAD TO do it :P. The real deal is coming really, really soon...

randman21
12-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Damn, I'm glad I happened to highlight the post before I read the rest. :D

Rooster
12-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Ok, my previous joke didn't work, because nobody clicked it in time before the release of the actual song.

Here it is, finally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6R_s-PGkI

We released it this way, because if we wanted to release it through our facebook profile page as an mp3 download we would have to wait a bit longer. I'll give you a link to download the song later.

I hope you like it and that it was worth the wait :)

EDIT: the intro was taken from the movie Trainspotting, i thought it was the right thing to mention it, just in case...

Superdope
12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I got muppet roll'd :(

lyrix, plx, I'm digging the tune, but I didn't get a hold of a single word :)

Rooster
12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll post the lyrics later, as well as a link to download the song (rapisdhare probably). The vocals aren't very loud, but that was made intentionally, because i wanted the guitars to have more impact, the song sounds more powerfull this way.

edit: here are the lyrics:

Far away from the life I’ve known
Path I’m taking all on my own
Turning all way down
Feeling so alone
I’m fading away

Room is dull, robbed me of all hope
Walls are closing I start to choke
It’s too much to cope
Crushing all my bones
The beat in my heart ceased

(Chorus)

I’m walking way down the line
Knowing what I would find
Where no one dares to go
The bomb sets off to blow
My life is ticking and
Running way down the line
Needle’s marks never lie
They left some scars to show
All chances have been thrown
By shivering hand of my own

Door is locked where my keys are now
Wanna get out, just don't know how
Want to take it now
Voice is weak and raw
I’m begging for help

Hide from light pain just keeps to grow
Feel the cold run through flesh and bones
Overtook my soul
But I have to go
Try fixing it all as I’m

(Chorus)

Rooster
12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok, here's the rapidshare link (320 kbps mp3 version):

http://rapidshare.com/files/321324246/Self-Destruction.mp3.html

dff_punk
12-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Hehe, I just returned from the pub, a little tipsy :D And I love it, especially that solo-guitar bit at the end :) The vocals are a little quiet and less understandable, but you already explained why ;) Cheers!

Rooster
12-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Our myspace profile page (managed by our drummer): http://www.myspace.com/redestructed

Looks like the other two songs will be finished today, as it turned out i have a lot less work to do than i thought, so everything's going to be ready for the release just as originally planned :)

Oh, i almost forgot, the next song is going to be released tomorrow afternoon/evening, but i'm not telling you which one it is, because it's not 100% sure yet.

ad8
12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow, you were right! The song did turn out great. I'm looking forward to the next one:)

Rooster
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow, you were right! The song did turn out great. I'm looking forward to the next one:)

Just wait til you hear Struggle of Our Days. You were absolutely right about the potential of that song, and vocals are nearly perfect. Both Struggle and Semper Fi have better vocals than Self-Destruction, but still kudos to Igor - he sang that song for the first time when we were recording vocals...

By the way, i already know which one will be released tomorrow. But i might leave it as a surprise for you, so i won't tell just yet :p

Rooster
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Right now i'm listening to our demo for the first time. I mean finished demo - the other two songs are now 100% done.

It's a special feeling :D

Blitz!
12-16-2009, 01:07 PM
It is nice to see that you weren't blowing smoke up our asses :p

The song is awesome and I see great things to come, waiting with great anticipation for the rest. My only concern is the intro, if you guys do manage to get into the muso industry, you are either going to have to pay for it or take it out. If you do land up taking it out, that would be a great pity :(

Oh ... and pump up the vocals a bit. I can understand you want to give the instruments their dues but you need to have a complete package with vocals to compliment the song.

Rooster
12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
It is nice to see that you weren't blowing smoke up our asses :p

The song is awesome and I see great things to come, waiting with great anticipation for the rest. My only concern is the intro, if you guys do manage to get into the muso industry, you are either going to have to pay for it or take it out. If you do land up taking it out, that would be a great pity :(

Oh ... and pump up the vocals a bit. I can understand you want to give the instruments their dues but you need to have a complete package with vocals to compliment the song.

Well, i asked Harley once about this, and she said we shouldn't have any problems (short quotations can be used). Otherwise we'll have to remove the intro.

And the vocals are a bit quieter because of one more reason: they aren't really perfect pitch all the time. The other two songs have better vocals :)

Blitz!
12-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, i asked Harley once about this, and she said we shouldn't have any problems (short quotations can be used). Otherwise we'll have to remove the intro.

I hope that this is true for international copyright law :)

Anyway, my thoughts are: When Dexter wanted to use the intro for CO1, he asked Mike Love for permission to do so.

Rooster
12-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Anyway, my thoughts are: When Dexter wanted to use the intro for CO1, he asked Mike Love for permission to do so.

Well, this is what Harley managed to find, and this goes specifically for Slovenia:

Article 51
Quotations
(1) It shall be permissible to make quotations of parts of a disclosed work and of single
disclosed photographs, works of fine arts, architecture, applied art, industrial design and
cartography, provided it is necessary for the purpose of illustration, argumentation or referral.
(2) In cases stated in the foregoing paragraph, the source and authorship of the work must be
indicated, if the latter is indicated on the work used.
Article 52
Accessory works of secondary importance
Such disclosed works that may be regarded as accessory works of secondary importance with
regard to the actual purpose of some material object, may be used freely while exploiting such
object.

She said it should be ok, i hope she was right :). After all, the intro is in our case "secondary importance", it's not the crucial part of the song. BUT we'll still make sure that it'll be indicated where we got the intro from (i've already written it in this thread, and it'll be written in the credits also).

Harleyquiiinn
12-16-2009, 03:43 PM

The problem is that if they asked a permission as a courtesy, they risk to obtain a "no" and they won't use it, which is a shame considering they legally have a right to use it.

And for The Offspring and CO1, it is very different. They didn't use a work of art or a quote from a movie, they used a personal speech made by a singer. I think they even sampled his voice. It is only normal to ask for permission but it has little to do with author rights :)

I listened to it and no, according to that Slovenian article I found you back then, I doubt you risk anything. Mention everywhere where it comes from and that should be ok.

Of course, as I told you before too, nothing is ever sure when it comes to law. And "you don't risk anything" only means: it won't stand before a judge. But it doesn't mean nobody will want to take you to court.

Edit> Also, if the guys from Transpotting wants to take you to court, you will be the defendant, so, according to international private law, it will be Slovenian courts, in Slovenia, according to Slovenian law. So the articles you quoted apply.

Edit2> I like it, by the way :D

Rooster
12-16-2009, 03:53 PM
So, if somebody would give us hard time because of this, would just taking the intro away solve the problem?

Harleyquiiinn
12-16-2009, 03:58 PM
So, if somebody would give us hard time because of this, would just taking the intro away solve the problem?

Yes. Most people and 99.99% corporations send a letter asking to stop before taking someone to court.

If you receive one, you have 2 choices. You can remove the intro or you can argue that you have the right to use it.

Always remember that a law suit doesn't come cheap and corporations and people tend to avoid it.

Rooster
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh, ok then. Maybe i would reply politely, explaining the case a bit, and ask if we could use the intro. If the answer would be no, or yes (under conditions in which we would have to pay some money) then we would remove the intro (because we can't afford to pay for something like that, we don't have enough money). But if they would let us use it for free, then cool :)

And as i said, we'll write in the credits where we got the intro from.

Rooster
12-17-2009, 01:08 PM
This is the second song from our demo, Struggle of Our Days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGnH2JExZw&feature=channel

Comments appreciated :p

Blitz!
12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Download version ... please :)

Superdope
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
And lyrics man, the lyrics!

dff_punk
12-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I like the tune, really catchy. Now I want to be on your gig! :p

Rooster
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Lyrics (again, written by me, i wrote the lyrics for all 3 songs, and couple others, which aren't quite finished yet):

You don't even care what's going on
(You made the rules I wasn't born to follow)
Your lousy lies can't make it right
(Your life goes on but I’ll be gone tomorrow)

Please tell me how your wealth can grow
(From high above you watch the pain and sorrow)
Just ask yourself where is your soul
(Is it your own or from someone you borrowed?)

Don’t fail on me

Chorus:

When sky is gone
There’s no time to run
Your crimes will hunt you down
(I’ll hunt you down)
Forget what you believed
And see what you have done is wrong
With lies you’ve torn all hopes*
All hopes forever gone
(I will be gone)
The power is in you
To mend our lives, our broken homes.

Don’t know how long we’ll carry on
(My mind is dead I can see no tomorrow)
Rebellious minds will not be stopped
(When there’s no reason that would help them follow)

Your mighty world will soon be gone
(Just dust and ashes on out Earth so hollow)
Oh will you see what you have done?
(Your stolen money can’t prevent your downfall)

You failed on me

Chorus

You don’t even care what’s going on
From high above you watch the pain and sorrow
Rebellious minds will not be stopped
Your stolen money can’t prevent your downfall

Don’t count on me

Chorus 2×

*I'm not 100% sure about this line, it was originally something different, but Igor changed it.

download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/322284348/Struggle_of_Our_Days.mp3.html

EDIT: Now you all know what's next to be released. My personal favorite from the album, Semper Fi (it's probably also our best recieved song, seen from crowd reactions). If you're a fan of grunge there's a chance you might like it... It's going to be released this saturday.

dff_punk
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
I am really looking forward to this Semper Fi thing, since you have been worshipping it all the time ;)

Aaand Struggle Of Our Days is awesome. The only thing which would make it a 10/10 song is a kickass guitar solo(I am sure you could invent one to that easy chord progression :p).

Rooster
12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I am really looking forward to this Semper Fi thing, since you have been worshipping it all the time ;)

Aaand Struggle Of Our Days is awesome. The only thing which would make it a 10/10 song is a kickass guitar solo(I am sure you could invent one to that easy chord progression :p).

You know, when i was writing/composing the song i was considering if i should put a solo in it or not. I thought it was best this way, since i already play that melodic riff during the chorus, and i rather made that bridge part for it. I don't care as much about solos, and if i do them they're usually simple. If a solo fits in the song in my opinion, then i'll put one in. But not every song needs a solo (unlike some "wankers" might think :p), Struggle just seemed the best without it.

I'm only worshiping Semper Fi because i like it so much (ant that's the right thing, since we mainly make music for ourselves). But it really seems to be the best recieved by our fans, many people praise that song, so there might be something on it :). And also, if you judge by how the instruments sound, it's probably our best sounding song. It sounds very clear (not overproduced though; sounds just like something that could be released in early ninties, during the peak of grunge)

Rooster
12-19-2009, 06:43 AM
So, today's the release day of our final song, Semper Fi. It'll be released in a few hours, probably around the same time as the previous two. However, i'll be at our demo's release party, so i (probably, or maybe it could still happen) won't be able to post links here, but you can just keep an eye on our facebook profile page and also our myspace profile (both links can be found in previous posts in this thread).

It feels really exciting to finally release this song (the whole demo release is exciting), because as i said before, it is my favorite of our songs, also with most personal lyrics so far. It's also my oldest finished song, it was written more than 2 years ago, before i even had a band (although as a band we finished Self-Destruction first, and then reworked Semper Fi a bit, but not much, it sounds very similar to what i originally imagined, but exactly how i would want it to sound).

So, i hope you'll enjoy it, whenever you hear it. The moment is only a few hours away...

ad8
12-19-2009, 08:23 AM
I really like Struggle Of Our Days! The instrumental part got more powerful, indeed. And as I said earlier, the vocals add the final awesomeness to the finished product;)

Rooster
12-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I really like Struggle Of Our Days! The instrumental part got more powerful, indeed. And as I said earlier, the vocals add the final awesomeness to the finished product;)

The whole song is a few times more powerfull than i originally intended, and much better. You were absolutely right when you heard the early bits of the song and said it has potential :)

This is our bass player's favorite song by the way. Our drummer's favorite is Self-Destruction (mainly because of it's energy), and our vocalists'/second guitarists' (and also mine) favorite is Semper Fi, which is (as said before) coming in just a few hours from now...

Rooster
12-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok, i'm back home now. There were some technical problems with releasing Semper Fi, so yesterday it was released on our myspace profile only (somehow we couldn't upload it on youtube). Today we finally managed to upload it on youtube, so here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1cnZIvnI3Q

Now you've heard all 3 songs :)

Blitz!
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Download version ... please :)

Once again ... I ask ;)

Rooster
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Semper Fi: http://rapidshare.com/files/323829296/Semper_Fi.mp3.html

dff_punk
12-21-2009, 02:31 AM
After first listen... awesome! Gotta love the chorus, it is so catchy and headbang-y :)

Rooster
12-21-2009, 05:30 AM
Semper Fi lyrics:

We’re a band of brothers
Rotten from inside
I’m a scavenger feeding
Upon our lies

Pain’s what separates us
Good times are dead and gone
Your greed and envy made me
To cut our bonds

Through the years of faking
After all those lies
Borders we’ve been making
Too hard to pass by

Now my legs are broken
I still walk my way
Fighting to survive
But no one’s got my back

We’re semper fi

Now I care no longer
I just walked away
No one’s gonna miss me
No one wants me there

What a band of brothers
Semper fi’s a lie
But I would never betray you
I’d rather die

Chorus:

We’re semper fi
(I don’t want you)
Semper fi
(and I don’t need you)
We’re semper fi
(I despise you)
Semper fi
(I just hate you)
Semper fi is just a lie

These were the first lyrics i wrote. Probably it won't be very hard to figure out what they mean. It's a very personal song, born out of anger, directed to certain people i knew. Those were hard times, but now i'm glad it all happened, because it opened my eyes, and this song would have never been written if it hadn't.

Free?
12-21-2009, 05:48 AM
That's a nice change of pace, but I must admit that I liked your fast stuff better. But the song did manage to get the emptiness / anger feeling which I guess fits with lyrics very well.

Rooster
12-21-2009, 06:11 AM
That's a nice change of pace, but I must admit that I liked your fast stuff better. But the song did manage to get the emptiness / anger feeling which I guess fits with lyrics very well.

Not everybody likes the same style ;)

I'm really into grunge (not just Nirvana, although they are my favorite, along with Alice In Chains), and this song is more like that. I think that it makes things more interesting if your songs aren't all fast, but rather differ from one another. Still, 3/4 of our songs are fast, so no need to worry (we have a lot of unfinished stuff).

I guess we did our job well then, if we managed to capture the anger/emptiness feeling, that was the goal (mainly my own goal, as i exactly knew how the song should sound). The fact that guitars in the chorus are mixed much louder than in verses probably helps. So i take your comment as a compliment :)

Maybe vocals are a bit quiet again, but if i would turn them up in the verse part the lead guitar would be practically unheard, it would be totally drowned it the mix. In the chorus they are intentionally a bit more quiet, because it creates the effect of "chaos", it all sounds really loud and messy, which i like. Although i noticed that when you listen to the songs through some decent stereo system the vocals don't seem drowned anymore, not even in Self-Destruction, you can easily hear everything.

Blitz!
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Semper Fi: http://rapidshare.com/files/323829296/Semper_Fi.mp3.html

Endless problems ... Rok, please help :(

Rooster
12-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Endless problems ... Rok, please help :(

Hmm, wait a few minutes, i'll upload it again, maybe it'll work...

edit: here's the new link: http://rapidshare.com/files/324518295/Semper_Fi.mp3.html
edit2: zSHARE link: Semper Fi.mp3 - 8.85MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/702380879dcec5ba/)

Rooster
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Also, if you burn the songs on a CD, this should be the track order:

1. Self-Destruction
2. Struggle of Our Days
3. Semper Fi

That way the songs flow best.

edit: oh, and CD them without any pause between the tracks, if you burn them with nero you should find that option easily

randman21
12-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Damn, what an awesome display. You guys rock. What I especially love is that each song has a special strength over the others. With Self-Destruction, it has energy that would be hard to match anywhere. Struggle has great energy and attitude, but I think the melody stands out here. Especially the chorus. I've had that part in my head since I heard it. :D Now, Semper Fi...it's gotta be my favorite. The instrumental is just perfect. The dynamics are, well, dynamic. And the lyrics are my favorite. I think I know a little about the story behind this song, and I can relate. The only negative I have is that it would have been more effective if the vocals had been a bit softer during the verses. But that's only a small negative. Well done!

It's funny, I was hoping to hear you sing a bit, but Igor sounds exactly like I thought you would, so I'm satisfied. :D

Rooster
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, Igor is better singer than i am, he's the man for the job. I figured out that when you listen to yourself singing (while you're singing, not listening to your recorded voice) you hear your voice differently than it really is, and comparing my voice and Igor's voice his just suits better for our songs. In the beginning i wanted to sing lead vocals on at least Semper Fi, because the song is so personal. It felt a bit weird to let somebody else sing about how i feel. But later i realised that it doesn't matter if somebody else sings it, if it would make the song better. It would be selfish if i didn't let it, and i'm just not that kind of a guy. The lyrics are still mine, so my message is still delivered. I'm more for backing vocals, and that's just fine with me :)

Probably with softer vocals during the verses you mean singing more quietly, not trying so hard. I think somebody at the release party on saturday already said that. When we were recording vocals we tried a few different variations for vocals, and this one seemed to be the best, the most passionate, so we used it for the song. Conversely, Igor sings more quietly during the chorus, and i shout along. It works well i think.

And dynamics - well, this picture says it all:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=250&pictureid=6647

This is the part where the chorus kicks in, you can see that the chorus is quite louder than verse part, which is very important, as i wanted the chorus to really kick you in the face and feel loud (if you turn up the volume because the verses seem quiet you'll see the magic :D). And i compressed the songs' dynamic range only slightly, so that drums are easilly distinguishable from the rest (waveform peaks). It's a lot quieter than today's mainstream releases, but it has 12 db dynamic range (Self-Destruction and Struggle have 11 db). If i would master the songs by loudness war standarts you wouldn't see a waveform, you would see a solid green rectangle instead. I tried to overcompress it just as an experiment, and it sounded freakin dull and lifeless, and the quiet, clean guitars during verses sounded just as loud as the "loud" distorted guitars, which is the thing that should not happen (seriously, let the loud parts be actually LOUD and quiet parts actually QUIET, why do mastering engineers - thankfully there are few exceptions - have to overcompress everything to sound flat and lifeless?). It's much better a bit quieter, but with dynamics intact.

Anyway, thank God (in case he exists and had anything to do with this) that i met these guys and formed a band, because you couldn't find any better people to form a band with. Everyone worked very hard on these songs.

edit: goddamn, this was one geeky post :p

Rooster
12-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Merry Crhristmas from The Redestructed

dff_punk
12-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Merry christmas to the whole band! I am celebrating right now by listening to your three songs in the order you gave :p

Rooster
12-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm celebrating by working on 2 new songs. One of them might sound kind of offspring-ish when finished (but not as much as Self-Destruction), maybe a bit similar to Half-Truism (but that's because it'll have tempo changes, maybe even more than Half-Truism), and maybe a bit like The Noose. But it only faintly resembles H-T or The Noose (i named those two songs to give you an idea how it might sound, but the truth is that it's not the best comparison, the song will be more complex than those 2 songs, perhaps Propagandhi would be better comparison), the main influence was our own songs, i try to make it sound like us :D

And thanks for the wishes :)

Rooster
12-26-2009, 11:54 AM
We might have another small gig on the new year's eve, but it's not sure yet. It'll be a self-organised paty (if it happens), and i can't imagine anyone being sober at it. It's the end of a fucking decade, and it calls for a celebration :D

dff_punk
12-26-2009, 05:40 PM
We might have another small gig on the new year's eve, but it's not sure yet. It'll be a self-destructed paty (if it happens), and i can't imagine anyone being sober at it. It's the end of a fucking decade, and it calls for a celebration :D

Fixed .

Rooster
12-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Fixed .

I lol'd.

But thinking of it, we could all get so wasted and it would lead to self-destruction of the party...:D

edit: new songs in the making, just got a great idea for lead guitar...

Blitz!
12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Okay, so I have been listening to your 3 releases and can confirm that they are awesome :) My favourite is Self-Destruction basically because it has speed and I like speed ;)

Rooster
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Okay, so I have been listening to your 3 releases and can confirm that they are awesome :) My favourite is Self-Destruction basically because it has speed and I like speed ;)

Thanks again, not just to you, to everyone!

Anyway, now we have to focus on the songwriting, so that we'll have more of our own songs ready for the future gigs (if we finish 3 new songs we'll have 8 or 9 songs ready). The new stuff we're working on is pretty awesome so far in my opinion, i really like the bass line for one of the new songs, Ambrož (bass player) did a great job on that one. I'll try to make the basic melody for the whole song so we can finish it (shouldn't be that much of a problem), and write the lyrics for it. The other of the new songs sounds like i've described a few posts before this (that is Half-Truism + The Noose + good measure of Propagandhi, but the result doesn't really sound like any of these bands, it rather sounds like us, which is a good thing)

And looks like we're really going to have another gig on new year's eve, although it'll be just a small party with tons of booze :D

Superdope
01-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I love Struggle and Self-Destruction, but damn... Semper Fi blows them out of the water. Amazing.

Rooster
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
I knew you'd like this one :)

Anyway, the CD versions might be a bit different - due to numerous complaints i've decided to turn the volume of vocals a bit up. Don't worry, those versions will be available for download too, as soon as everything's ready. And probably in better quality than just 320 kbps mp3...

Rooster
02-07-2010, 06:33 AM
It's been quiet for a while, due to me and the rest of the band being busy with each our own university exams. But the "exam time" is coming to an end, and we'll have more time to work on new songs.

We have ideas for 4 new songs, and also 3 older songs, which are in different stages of completion.

Today i recorded both guitars for the most recent of our songs. The drummer did the drum part in guitar pro and sent it to me, and i recorded along the drums (that's how the earliest instrumental demos of Self-Destruction and Struggle of Our Days were done). And damn, if you thought Self-Destruction sounds energetic, you should wait to hear this one. It deffinitely has Offspring influences, but it sounds more agressive, even brutal. With epic chorus :D. Perfect combination of melody/agressive riffs. The drumming is quite complex though, so it would be challenging to learn, but then again, our drummer is very talented, so i have faith in him :)

However, you won't hear this one quite yet...:p

Smash punker
02-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Rapetor I´ve finally listened to your music n gotta say that I wanna dance at your gig! :D Like Strugle the most ;)

Rooster
02-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Rapetor I´ve finally listened to your music n gotta say that I wanna dance at your gig! :D Like Strugle the most ;)

Maybe you will, some day...;) It's really interesting how none of the songs seems to be an absolute favorite from the 3.

Anyway, time for some news. We're currently without a place to practise at. We had a place rented together with some other bands, and we shared the rental costs. But because others have decided to move out it would be too expensive for us to afford it anymore. BUT we're already looking for a new place, and there are 2 options so far, one of them sounds especially promising, so i'm sure everything will be alright.

So, because we currently have nowhere to practise at we're going to meet next thursday in our drummer's and guitarist's rented appartment and just work on some new songs, we'll mainly discuss some of our ideas, which we would use and so on. I'm looking forward to it, as we (well, especially me :D) have quite a lot of ideas for new songs, plus we have to finish the ones that are currently "work in progress".

Speaking of working on new songs, i'm just writing the lyrics for the new song i mentioned in my previous post. So far i have a chorus down and also the first verse part. I'm not quite sure yet what the song structure will be like, so i probably won't be finishing the lyrics quite yet. The song will be very energetic (as i already said), with introspective lyrics (i tend to do that best). Also, i think tere won't be anything wrong if i tell you this (because considering the lyrics so far this could be the final title), the tentative title of the song is Comes Clear Through Suffering. Might change though, but i kind of like the way it sounds...

Also, we might have another grunge song in progress, but so far it's just one riff (rhytm guitar, at first i intended to use it for lead guitar, but it would better fit the rhytm guitar. it's simple, but sounds badass and quite dark).

Gustavo
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Rapetor

I LOL'd at this. Did anyone else LOL at this, too?

Anyway, I also listened to your stuff, and I've gotta say, man. This shit is amazing! Congrats, keep up with the good work... I haven't been through the whole thread, but, from what I understand... You've only released 3 songs so far, right? The ones that are in your signature and in your MySpace, if so, can't wait to hear the rest of your stuff!

mspunk13
02-16-2010, 12:04 PM
rapetor

lmao!!! :D ^^

Blitz!
02-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I LOL'd at this. Did anyone else LOL at this, too?

Sorry Gus, but this is kinda old :(
... but I will say when it was first mentioned ... it was definitely funny :D

Rooster
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Haha, didn't even realise it said Rapetor :D. It's kinda old one, but still good. Who came up with it originally? I think it all started in the Fistcuffs social group (not sure how exactly, but i remember it being basically a huge "rapefest" :D)

Anyway, time for some news. We just had a songwriting session today. Me, our bassist and the drummer sat down and worked on some of my ideas, and we made basis for 2 songs that we've been working on (Igor, our vocalist/guitarist was busy, he had some other stuff to do so he only showed up later). We were trying to do something different with those 2 songs, we didn't want them to turn out in the standard verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus structure, and they are looking like they could be interesting when finished. You heard the 3 songs from our demo so you know what you can expect from us, but in the other hand those 2 songs we were working today were different. One of them is basically a fusion of punk and grunge, but it's a fast song. The second one is the oone that at first seemed (i already wrote about that one a while ago) like a mixture of The Noose, Half-Truism and Propagandhi, and now it looks like it'll be even more epic. It's going to have a long intro, many tempo shifts, different drum patterns. It's going t be very melodic, and i'm looking forward to how it turns out. But it really is gonna be epic, more than our other songs so far, and it's going to be a bit more challenging to make.

And while i'm still the main songwriter, everyone is more involved in the process now. Self-Destruction and Semper Fi came out almost as i pictured them to be, i already had the basic structures done when we started working on them. I came up with guitar parts, the drummer came up with his drum part, and the bass part was made later in the way it would fit. We changed a few things and the songs turned out much better than i thought they would (and much better than if we wouldn't have changed anything) and that was it. Now i come up with some basic melody (or a few cool riffs) for the song, but more than before i want to keep the options for changing opened, and then we discuss about how it should go on, what could fit into the song and so on. This is a good thing, everybody should be a part of it, because there are more influences we can incorporate into the music. That said, our new material will still sound like us.

And thanks for the positive response folks, we appreciate it :)

edit: damn laptop keyboard (my pc decided it's time to piss me off againn and stopped working completely, so i'm using my laptop)! It's so weird for typing, so i apologise if i overlooked any mistakes, it's usually just double letters where they shouldn't be

Rooster
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Looks like i have no other option but to re-write the second verse part for Comes Clear Through Suffering. The whole lyrics are on my laptop, which crashed just few days after my PC crashed, and it's still not working. My PC works alright now, with a new motherboard. C drive of my PC also crashed, but i already saved all the important files before that happened, i didn't loose anything.

Anyway, i don't think it'll be much of a problem, since i know what the secon verse was about, even if i wouldn't be able to write it exactly as it was before (maybe i will, who knows).

It would suck much harder if i hadn't burned all my adobe audition mixing sessions and final master tracks to a DVD. If i would loose that then i'd be seriously fucked, because i would loose many days of work, and i'd have to start over to make songs ready for the demo CD release (i don't know when it's gonna happen, it all depends on when our bass player creates the logo and the artwork is finished).

We're working on new material, and so far the songs are shaping up nicely...

edit: damn, i have to rewrite BOTH verse parts, since i saved only the chorus... Eh, fuck it.

edit2: hmm, it's not exactly like it was before, but somehow i like the re-written lyrics more now, some parts are better than before for sure :D

ad8
02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Damn, that sucks. I also lost about 12 demos when I switched to my new pc. I don't want to think of what might happen if my new pc would lose all my data, too. I hope that your new song gets even more awesome now that you are rewriting it. Anticipating your new stuff!

Rooster
02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, your case sucked harder, as i didn't loose anything important, other than the lyrics for that song. So lucky me :)

I'm excited about the new songs too, so far they seem very good, and quality wise they're completely up there with the 3 songs from our demo, but technical wise they might surpass them, one of them is going to have a bit more complex structure (still, we try not to overdo anything, there will probably be no ultra fast shredding solos, i'm not that good guitarist, but the main reason is that i'm not a fan of guitar "wanking" - i rather try to do something simple that works great). That's the song i described as a mixture of The Noose, Half Truism and some Propagandhi, but by now it looks less and less similar to the description. It sounds very interesting though, flows great, has many changes in drumming pattern, tempo changes, and melodic riffs (i really like the intro riff, which is also the main riff). The intro is going to be long. This is really going to be an epic song.

Rooster
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Good news folks, we're talking about recording the new material we have. Of course we have to finish the songs first (which again means a lot of work for me), and we don't know when we would record new stuff. The fact is that we need more material for promotion, so that we easier get to play at the clubs and such.

We'll have more songs to choose from now (if i count in some previously almost finished but unrecorded songs there's about 6 songs to choose from), and a chance is that we won't record all of them, but we won't discard anything - we'll leave unrecorded stuff for later.

Anyway, we're all pretty excited about this new material, i'm especially stoked about one song (the lead riff of the song was created after i listened to Don't Drag Me Down for a whole day, then start messing around and a very melodic riff came up). I'll have a lot of work for this one, lead guitar is going to be a bit more complex this time, it's really melodic and sounds great. My best lead so far deffinitely.

Rooster
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm just recording guitars for one of the new songs. Actually, i posted the lead riff for this song a while (over a year?) ago, it thought the song would be similar to Social Distortion's Don't Drag Me Down. And at first it was...

But now... Hmm, sure you could hear some SD influences, but that's about it. There are some other influences too, maybe a small bit of Anti-Flag and The Offspring. But this is it, it's just influenced by other artists, but doesn't sound like any of them. It sounds great though, lead guitar is very melodic this time, and works perfect with rhytm guitar, especially during the chorus, that's deffinitely my favorite moment. Both guitars together just create some special magic, i didn't expect they would fit SO well. The solo isn't anything special though, it's fairly simple (although it looks complex when compared to Self-Destruction's solo), but it works very well for the song, so why change it?

Anyway, this is going to be a song for the ones who miss the good, old melodic 90's punk, and it probably has the best riff i came up with so far. You know when you hear a song that has an awesome yet so easy riff, that you are just mad you didn't come up with it yourself? Well, this time i'm very, very glad i came up with this myself, it's just one of those riffs :D I'm just so excited about this song, it would be a killer song to play live.

I can't wait till we record this one properly...

edit: This seems to be a perfect song to listen while doing some extreme sports, like snowboarding or freeride (with mountainbikes). Maybe for skateboarding too. It just has that feel of energy and freedom, and has tons of potential...

ad8
03-10-2010, 11:52 AM
audio teasers, pls? ;)

But really, this sounds promising. Can't wait to listen to some audio material!

Rooster
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, i think you're going to have to wait a bit longer for new material, unless i decide i could still post some small bits of our new material (and if others agree, of course).

The reason why you might have to wait a bit longer isn't a very happy one. Since this day on we are a 3 piece band, our lead vocalist and guitarist left the band, and this decision is apparently permanent. It came pretty out of the blue, and the reason is that he doesn't find this music interesting anymore, and he was thinking that way for quite a while. While i wasn't pleased to hear this (and neither were others) we didn't part our ways on bad terms, and i can understand him. If your heart isn't into it anymore, then it's better to quit than doing something you don't trully enjoy anymore.

This doesn't mean the end of The Redestructed though, the us 3 remaining members are still enthusiastic as much as possible about this band and we'll deffinitely continue practising and working on new material, and in the meantime we'll also keep looking for a replacing member (possibly 2, if we couldn't find a rhytm guitarist that would also sing).

Just wish us luck for the future, and don't give up on us. We won't :)

Superdope
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Too bad, but you can't really blame him. As you said, if you don't feel it, then don't do it.

Good luck pushing forwards!

Rooster
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Exactly. If you're not really into something, then it's bad for both sides. Nobody can blame him, and i'm sure we'll stay friends in the future, he's a great buddy :)

Thanks for the wishes. We'll get through this, but still it's not like we won't need any luck.

dff_punk
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Ugh, did not see that coming. But well, to each his own. Rok, did you consider taking the place of the lead vocalist now? I would love to hear that :D Anyway, sorry for your loss, glad you "divorced in peace"(is there some normal words to say something like that while not saying it complicated-ly?). I hope you find someone good and new. I gotta tell you, if I lived in Slovenia, I would totally do it with you guys(not sure if I mean just playing music :D ).

Rooster
03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know, maybe temporarily (did you actually like my voice? :D), but most likely we'll find another person for the job of lead vocalist. We've already started looking, posting an "add" on some forum.

I order you to move to Slovenia right away, along with the rest of your band. You'll be the lead vocalist and second guitarist in our band :P

Not just playing music? What do you mean then? Helping us drinking the huge ammounts of alcohol that somehow seem to cross our way?

Or do you think what i'm thinking you're thinking...:p

dff_punk
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I think you are thinking what I am thinking :D Nevertheless, too much thinking hurts. I think your voice is not that bad. Dude, if I really could, I would totally go to slovenia with my guitar, the guys, everything. Really, I wish you luck!

ANDiTKO
03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Awesome song! Any tour dates in Greece? :)

Rooster
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
I think you are thinking what I am thinking :D Nevertheless, too much thinking hurts. I think your voice is not that bad. Dude, if I really could, I would totally go to slovenia with my guitar, the guys, everything. Really, I wish you luck!

I'm glad we were both thinking what we thought we were thinking. Enough thinking now :P

Thanks for the wishes.

Awesome song! Any tour dates in Greece? :)

Which one? We released 3 so far, all 3 are in my sig. And gigs will have to wait a bit more, at least until we get the person who would play in our former lead vocalist's/guitarist's position (and we also have to get more known before we start a proper tour, so Greece will have to wait :D)

ad8
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
The departure of your vocalist sucks but I second what you said before. If he's not comfortable doing it anymore it's ok for him to leave.
I hope you find someone who is more enthusiastic soon!

Rooster
03-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, we hope so too, since we now have literaly tons of material that needs to be recorded, and i think our new songs are much better than Self-Destruction or Struggle of Our Days (Semper Fi still sounds awesome for me though, and always will :D).

Today i re-recorded guitars for the new song (the melodic one, influenced by Social Distortion), because i got the drum part for it (made in guitar pro though). And it sounds fucking awesome.

edit: it's funny though, this lead riff was stuck in my head long before i even had a guitar. I think i came up with it after hearing Don't Drag Me Down in a computer game (Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX) for the first time, and kept thinking about how great it would be to play in a band. Then i somehow forgot about it, until i got guitar, and when i was listening to Don't Drag Me Down again, trying to learn to play it, i remembered the riff. And after (too much) listening to that song the idea for this song came up.

Oh, the memories :D

Rooster
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
So, looks like we have a place to practise again, and the price isn't bad either :)

That's enough news for now :D

Rooster
07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
It's been quiet for a while. But some stuff has been cooking. Be ready for more updates soon...

edit: We've been working on a new song, called Last Defeat. I'm not giving away the details yet, but it's a fast, melodic punk rock song. I also think it's our best yet so far.

edit2: Yep, things are starting to move again, we gained a band member (probably 2, though it's not official quite yet)...

Rooster
07-31-2010, 04:14 AM
Finally! Today's the day we have our first rehearsal as a full band in months, with a new lineup. I'm really looking forward to it :)

We're probably gonna play Last Defeat also. Damn, that song feels good. It'll be only about 2.30 long (we'll shorten it a bit, since one part doesn't feel like it's really neccessary). But that's enough.

Oh, and did i mention it's our best song yet in my opinion? Can't wait to play it live.

ad8
08-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Finally! Today's the day we have our first rehearsal as a full band in months, with a new lineup. I'm really looking forward to it :)

We're probably gonna play Last Defeat also. Damn, that song feels good. It'll be only about 2.30 long (we'll shorten it a bit, since one part doesn't feel like it's really neccessary). But that's enough.

Oh, and did i mention it's our best song yet in my opinion? Can't wait to play it live.
Nice! I hope you had a good rehearsal and more new gigs to play.

ps: Last Defeat live? Bootlegs plz:)

Rooster
08-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Nice! I hope you had a good rehearsal and more new gigs to play.

ps: Last Defeat live? Bootlegs plz:)

Well, if there will be a live bootleg recording of Last Defeat, you'll deffinitely know about it ;)

Yeah, the rehearsal went great. Really great. Besically yesterday was a perfect day. I bought a few beers for everybody there, so we could chill out. And it was a nice atmosphere, everybody was very enthusiastic. We stopped practising after 10 pm, found some wine and it wasn't long before a small party started. It was the best ending for a great day - coming there with intention to only drink a beer or two during the rehearsal, only to end up drunk. I'm a bit hungover today, but it's not a bad hungover - it's more like one of those occasions you kind of enjoy it. I'm extra chilled and shit :)

Anyway, from the moment we started rehearsing i knew our new vocalist is the right one. We started with Don't Drag Me Down, and he sang it great. He sang it higher than the original song, but it sounded perfect. He did a good job on our songs too, including Last Defeat (considering he didn't know how exactly he should sing). So it's official now, he's in the band. He already performed live with us a few months ago, but at the time we thought he would only be a temporary replacement. Now he's a permanent member.

Here's our new lineup:

-Florjan Bartol: drums (2009-present)
-Ambrož Bartol: bass (2009-present)
-Jošt Bartol: rhytm guitar (2010-present)
-Davor Guduraš: vocals (2010-present)
-Rok Tomšič: lead guitar (2009-present)

And yes, the fact that 3 of our members share their surname is a complete coincidence. They are in no way related to each other. Except they share the same house too. And parents.

Anyway, we're really back.

ad8
08-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, if there will be a live bootleg recording of Last Defeat, you'll deffinitely know about it ;)

Yeah, the rehearsal went great. Really great. Besically yesterday was a perfect day. I bought a few beers for everybody there, so we could chill out. And it was a nice atmosphere, everybody was very enthusiastic. We stopped practising after 10 pm, found some wine and it wasn't long before a small party started. It was the best ending for a great day - coming there with intention to only drink a beer or two during the rehearsal, only to end up drunk. I'm a bit hungover today, but it's not a bad hungover - it's more like one of those occasions you kind of enjoy it. I'm extra chilled and shit :)

Anyway, from the moment we started rehearsing i knew our new vocalist is the right one. We started with Don't Drag Me Down, and he sang it great. He sang it higher than the original song, but it sounded perfect. He did a good job on our songs too, including Last Defeat (considering he didn't know how exactly he should sing). So it's official now, he's in the band. He already performed live with us a few months ago, but at the time we thought he would only be a temporary replacement. Now he's a permanent member.

Here's our new lineup:

-Florjan Bartol: drums (2009-present)
-Ambrož Bartol: bass (2009-present)
-Jošt Bartol: rhytm guitar (2010-present)
-Davor Guduraš: vocals (2010-present)
-Rok Tomšič: lead guitar (2009-present)

And yes, the fact that 3 of our members share their surname is a complete coincidence. They are no way related to each other. Except they share the same house too. And parents.

Anyway, we're really back.
Wow, this is great news! I'm really happy that it turned out to be that awesome for you! Looking forward to future updates.

Rooster
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
But DAMN, i guess i was pretty wasted after the rehearsal. I mean, when i went upstairs to get into the living room (we were at our drummer's house, i slept over there), there was a dude that wouldn't let me pass into the room. It took me 10 seconds to realise i tried to get through the mirror in the hallway, and the door was right next to it :D. Though in my defence it was dark in the hallway, it was past 2 AM...

Another funny memory :D

randman21
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm happy for your band situation! A five piece, eh? I've been thinking about having five as well.

I took particular amusement in three member having the same last name, despite no relation. Is that at least a common name? :p

Rooster
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Hmm, it's not a really common name, i think. Maybe in that region it is. But i guess it is likely that you'd have the same last name as another fella, especially if you have the same parents, as they do :D

In case somebody's sarcasm meter is broken, they are brothers... Just in case :D

randman21
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, crap! I didn't see the "And parents" part of your earlier post. :o

Rooster
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Ha, i was sure you saw it, and you were being sarcastic :D. Eh, don't worry about it.

Rooster
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
So, long time no talk, though a lot has been happening. Some ideas flying here, some ideas there, some dirty, grungy stuff (stuff that sounds even heavier and more depressing than Semper Fi), some fast and energetic angry stuff (don't seem to be running out of this stuff any time soon), some almost Maiden-esque riffs, and some melodic and up-beat stuff. And of course we have some new songs that are almost ready, and some that will soon be ready (hopefully).

Anyway, we're planning to start practising regularly soon, we just have to work out the schedule. I'll update you as soon as we decide about it.

Rooster
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Another practise coming up this week, and tomorrow we're having a "songwriting session". Hopefully the whole band will be there. We're planning to just sit down and get through some of our new ideas (the most promising ones), and possibly rework some old material. It should be fun :)

It's a nice feeling, knowing things are moving on again. It was a hard year behind us, but we survived.

Rooster
02-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Bump.

After a short hiatus - our drummer broke his wrist before the new year's party - it's time for us to resume practising. He's ok now, or at least i hope so. I wouldn't want him to make things with his wrist worse with starting practising too early, it could be painful. But he says it's ok. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

And we have some interesting new stuff, one of our new songs is freaking 6 minutes long. Though the length of the song could be very misleading - it's not an epic song, but rather a minute and a half long "epic" intro, followed by 4 and a half minutes of energetic punk fest. Though the song consists of many different parts, so it could be considered also as epic. Maybe. But probably not. Eh fuck it, what matters is that it sounds great, and it doesn't seem like it's really 6 minutes long.

Can't wait for the summer, we might have some gigs on the way. We'll make our comeback as glorious as possible :D

randman21
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
do dat shyt, boi! I'm super excited about the return of The Redestructed, and it goes without saying that I can't wait for that 6 minute jam. I hope the drummer is back to 100%. The man is a beast.

Rooster
02-26-2011, 05:17 PM
do dat shyt, boi! I'm super excited about the return of The Redestructed, and it goes without saying that I can't wait for that 6 minute jam. I the drummer is back to 100%. The man is a beast.

I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear that; after all he really is a beast when it comes to drumming, and i mean it in a good way :)

I just finished another song today. It's probably my darkest song yet, ant it's very personal, i'm probably the only one who understands its true meaning, though the lyrics can be interpreted in bazillion ways. It's a slow, heavy grunge song. And by heavy i mean heaaaavy. It still fits with the rest of our songs; actually Semper Fi could act as a bridge between this song and the rest, so it's all good. It's heavier, darker and more dirty than Semper Fi. I've recorded guitar parts and sent them to others so they could give it a listen, and the drummer could do the drums in guitar pro - i would then re-record guitars, and we would have some basis to work upon. But there isn't much to do, other than do bass and drum parts, and then practise the song. Maybe we could do some changes to the structure, but it might be just perfect as it is.

Rooster
02-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Hell fucking yes, we're resuming with out practising this wednesday, just like we usually did - the same day in the week, same time. Can't wait! :)

Rooster
05-11-2011, 01:50 PM
So, we planned one or two gigs in near future. One in june (won't happen unfortunately), and one was supposed to happen next weekend - it won't happen then, but maybe it'll just get postponed. Oh, and we might get to play at some smaller festival in August, but nothing is sure.

Anyway, another very successfull rehearsal today. We played the new "grungy" song today - for the first time with vocals. And it went absolutely great. Obviously we didn't play everything perfectly, but still, it turned out excellent. Vocals sound almost exactly as i hoped they would, both me and out lead vocalist can sing it without any problem (me providing the backing vocals of course, i'll try to do some vocal harmonies for it, something we haven't tried before). And singing style fits the message of the song and the lyrics as perfectly as it could. Mind you, this was only the first time we've tried it with the vocals, and inevitably there would be some improvements later. But even now it sounded great. Damn, i'm getting really pumped now :D

Rooster
06-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Ah fuck it. I wanted to keep it a surprise (well, kind of), but since the update on our facebook profile that's kind of pointless :p

Anyway, from my previous updates you know we've been practising a lot during the last few months and that we have a few new songs. Well, those few new songs are finally ready for recording (at least 3 of them are, with 4th still in the works). So you can expect to finally hear some new demos from us, possibly by the end of this summer.

Rooster
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
We're very much alive and breathing. But The Redestructed era has come to an end.

Worry not, because All One to Me era just begun. Same band, just a new name, 2 new members (who aren't so new anymore, since they've been in the band for over a year now), and most importantly, 2 brand new songs.

Enjoy :)

http://allonetome.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AllOneToMe

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I like the track titled "Fight Pain With Fire"

Rooster
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Always nice to see people who like what we do, so thanks! :)

We have many more to come, but this time it'll be in the form of a proper release (whether an EP or an album we aren't sure yet, and we also don't yet know when exactly this might happen).

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Okay I listened to those two demos by All One To Me, and I don't know how many times I hit the button to replay them. For the past two days I have spent around 2 and a half hours listening to those two songs.

Really good job. I love them.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I read through all of this thread now, and I'm now very curious about The Redestructed. For every download link I followed, the file wasn't available; and for every YouTube link I followed, the video had been removed. I really like All One To Me, and would love to hear some of your older stuff with The Redestructed. Is there anyway that'd be possible?

Rooster
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, the 3 demos that we recorded in 2009 were up on youtube until recently, when we decided to remove them. There is a reason for pulling them down, we felt that those recordings weren't really that good. Not that the songs would be bad, it's just the way we recorded them - tons of mistakes, the vocals weren't good and the sound could be better. Those were our really early days so those things are understandable, we've improved a lot since then.

So for now these 2 new should suffice, until we have a proper release, we were talking about recording an EP this year or maybe even an album (if we'd have enough songs for that), so the new versions (there will be some changes to them) of those songs should surface then :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Okay that sounds great. I'll just have to be patient until then.

Rooster
05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
A video from our first gig as "All One to Me":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8WEVf9Gxo&feature=share

This is our only song in Slovene language so far. It is one of our joke songs. Even if you can't understand it, what really matters is the energy :D

Rooster
01-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Huh, time for an update, right?

So a lot has happened in this past year, including another minor lineup change (we have a new rhythm guitarist yet again, another fun fella). We've finally been playing more gigs (actually we have another one newx weekend, we play at a skate contest), and we're talking about finally putting out some proper release, which will probably be an EP. The problem is money (no shit, eh?), so we've gotta save up some more before actually renting a studio and recording the damn thing. Should be fun when we finally get to it. We have a pretty nice selection of songs for it, there's some melodic stuff, some dark and heavy grungy stuff, and some highly energetic stuff as well.

Until then we still have 2 demo songs for you to listen to on out FB profile page, and there might be a video from one of our past gigs coming up soon (it's not the best quality, but what the hell), so stay tuned.

Rooster
12-11-2013, 01:20 PM
So guys, we need your help. Sort of.

We're participating in a contest, the first 10 bands get to play on the Punk Rock Holiday 1.4 in Tolmin, Slovenia (with Nofx and others) next year. So we need your votes.

Now, how to vote. First you have to "like" this page:
https://www.facebook.com/punkrockholiday

Then look for a link on that same page, it says "vote for your band", and vote for All One to Me. Job done.

We'd really appreciate your help :)

Rooster
01-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks to all of you who voted for us, we ARE playing on the Punk Rock Holiday 1.4 festival! Fucking A! :D