PDA

View Full Version : Sustain

dff_punk
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Um, hi guise.

As some of you might know, I make music, you could have heard something here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37865) and there (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32442). Also, as some of you might know aswell, I finally started my own band. So, finally, here is some thread about us and some basic information.

We are called Sustain, we're a rock/punk band from Bratislava, Slovakia, we have been rehearsing our material for about 3 months in the line-up we are in now, which is as follows:

Me(David) - lead guitar, vocals, songwriting
Janči(Johnny) - guitar, backing vocals
Tomáš(Tom) - bass
Jaro(can't think of an english equivalent) - drums

We play mostly my music(because no one else has showed up with any own songs, yet), and sometimes we mess around with some covers. Our music could be described as "light punk-rock", we have faster songs, slower songs, harder songs, mellower songs... I would say it's basically catchy and melodic rock music. Yeah, unfortunately, I sing. Hopefully, all in all its not so bad :)

For the last week, we've been recording our first demo, which is one song, for promo reasons. And as I love these forums and all, you will be the first ones who'll get to hear it, even before we make a myspace/facebook/whatever profile. The quality is not that good but I guess it's listenable and it showcases at least a glimpse of how/what we play. The song is a mellower, catchy tune, named "Hey, Bartender!" and the lyrics are really simple and not very breathtaking, but hey, I wrote them. So, here goes:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67516279c2f1ee00/

I also have the lyrics, look:

HEY BARTENDER!
(music & lyrics written by yours truly)

Hey bartender,
I need some money
I will buy me a drink and return it right away
Not coming home
More drinks to hand out
Beer, vodka, absinth, but beer is the one that stands out

It ain't easy, not for me
Life is too hard, now I gotta flee
I am going to celebrate
And I don't need any birthday cake
What's this all supposed to mean?
I need some beer, so I can see..

Hey bartender...

I don't wanna live like this
Live day by day with several beers
To make a difference every day
I change the places where I nightly stay
And to save some health for me
I have some break, but then again I say:

Hey bartender...

(solo)

Hey bartender... (2x)
Any opinions and whatever is welcome. I will post here also the links to the Myspace/Facebook pages when they're done :) Have a nice day!

EDIT: The facebook page is already done, you may join the group here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=164404548605&ref=nf

Rooster
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Hell yes! A perfect drinking song, catchy as hell! You just gotta love the lyrics. Also, your vocal style fits really nicely here! Now let's hope there's som more material from you soon.

Me like a very lot much :D

holland25
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the lyrics. I couldn't understand half of the song when I've listened to it before :D

Probably because the vocals are sometimes oversounded by the guitar.

Blitz!
10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I sing. Hopefully, all in all its not so bad :)

It's not bad at all :)

Being one of the people that knows the song already, the addition of vocals has really been a pleasant surprise ... I'm loving it :cool:

Side note and I will probably get shot for this ... but I think the vocals on the demo should be a little bit a louder.

drummerbecca
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I really like this. It's so catchy! I love the phrasing of the lyrics too. I demand more! :D

brothadave79
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
It's pretty catchy. The verse reminds me a little bit of old Green Day. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Edit: I originally wrote chorus, but I meant the verse "It ain't easy..." But I guess it all does sound a little Green Dayish. At least to me.

dff_punk
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Thank you guys! I am lovin the feedback, as I love you too :)

Side note and I will probably get shot for this ... but I think the vocals on the demo should be a little bit a louder.
Ummm... the earlier mix had the vocals even more quiet, I think this one is loud enough ;)

It's pretty catchy. The verse reminds me a little bit of old Green Day. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Edit: I originally wrote chorus, but I meant the verse "It ain't easy..." But I guess it all does sound a little Green Dayish. At least to me.
Yeah, you are not the first one to say this... but I take it as a compliment :)

And those of you who demand more, you will either have to wait, or come to our gig some time! Hehe, I think that is all. Thank you everyone again.

MAXTER
10-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah!!! I've listened "Hey Bartender"... this song Kickass :D

dff_punk
10-27-2009, 11:43 AM
We are on myspace now too!
http://www.myspace.com/sustainband
:)

Blitz!
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Ummm... the earlier mix had the vocals even more quiet, I think this one is loud enough ;)

Ultimately you need to be happy with the end product and the end product is really cool ... I just find that in some places the vocals are over-powered by the instruments, therefore my side note about pumping it up a notch :)

We are on myspace now too!
http://www.myspace.com/sustainband

Very cool :cool: I have already checked it out :)

lucys_bad_habit
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah!!! I've listened "Hey Bartender"... this song Kickass :D

Agreeeed!

ľúbi sa mi to ;) (thats why im sendin you a lil (huggie)) :D

dff_punk
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Agreeeed!

ľúbi sa mi to ;) (thats why im sendin you a lil (huggie)) :D

Ha, už som si myslel, že si to nevšimneš :D
Thanks for the (huggie), I appreciate it and I will probably start writing songs about hugs.. ;)

lucys_bad_habit
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
neboj neboj, všímam šecko, šak poď do Czechoslovakie :D

oh yea...n write a song for me..n give it a name: "Hugs for Lucy" :p

Free?
10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Very catchy. I like your singing technique :).

Superdope
10-28-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm just going to say what's on everyone's mind. You sound more like Billie Joe Armstrong than Billie Joe Armstrong himself. Catchy tune, bro.

dff_punk
11-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone, again! We are still practising and awaiting our first gig(which is still unknown when and where it will take place). Oh and, this is us:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/65/l_17be02b4c09947f4b553feeaf0a8e005.jpg

From left to right: Tomáš (bass), me (guitar, vocals), Jaro (drums), Janči (guitar)

ad8
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Nice pic!
When will we get to hear new songs?

Rooster
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Nice pic!
When will we get to hear new songs?

He said it all...:D

Blitz!
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, the picture is great and I'm loving the logo, will it be the official one?

This one :

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/m_rogue/14347_1205606754285_1652152686_5276.jpg

dff_punk
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, that is the official logo. And we have about 7 songs done at this time.. just be patient, maybe you will hear some of it! Good night, kids!

Rooster
11-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Nice Idea, using a waveform in your logo, looks great!

dff_punk
11-19-2009, 03:14 AM
I just finished a new lyric! The song is called "Welcome Here" and we will be starting our concerts with this one. We formed a playlist for concerts and it consists of 9 songs already. Just.. thought I'd say that.

ad8
11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Nice! I'm looking forward to hearing the new song:)
Also, 9 songs is a good number of songs to play at your first show.

Blitz!
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I just finished a new lyric! The song is called "Welcome Here" and we will be starting our concerts with this one. We formed a playlist for concerts and it consists of 9 songs already. Just.. thought I'd say that.

Ummm ... so where is the new song and the other 8?

dff_punk
11-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Um, we are rehearsing them, not recording them :) But I think that after our first concert, there will hopefully be some recordings..

Blitz!
11-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Dude ... where are your priorities, ‘Us’ first and then the gig :D

dexter12296566
11-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Do you have a link to YouTube that I can watch? If not, will you please upload a video to YouTube?

dff_punk
11-22-2009, 09:43 AM
No, we do not have anything on youtube yet. I can upload the song to some download server, if you really want to listen to it.

dff_punk
12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Um, so it is confirmed, we are having our first gig tomorrow here in Bratislava! :)

Blitz!
12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Um, so it is confirmed, we are having our first gig tomorrow here in Bratislava! :)

Excellent news :cool:
Bring back pictures and video material or don't come back at all :D

ad8
12-03-2009, 01:05 PM

Wow, super awesome!:)
It would be cool if you could record something but first of all: Have fun!

Rooster
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, super awesome!:)
It would be cool if you could record something but first of all: Have fun!

I would say something, but he said it all already :D

Have a blast, being on stage and rocking out is the best feeling in the world, at least for me. One of those rare times you feel really free.

dff_punk
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Thank you guys! Cannot wait til tomorrow. I have not been on stage for a long time, hope I will not be nervous...

....no I will not. I will have about two beers before :) But not more!

Rooster
12-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank you guys! Cannot wait til tomorrow. I have not been on stage for a long time, hope I will not be nervous...

You can drink 3, you'll feel even less nervous, and your playing abilities won't be any worse. BUT don't drink anything stronger. I made a mistake on our last gig - first 3 large beers and then a few rum colas, and i don't remember the details of our performance very well (and apparently it was a great performance). I mean it's not that i remember completely nothing, i just forgot some details about it, mainly how long our set lasted :D

dff_punk
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Yup, 3 beers is okay, I can play at our rehearsal even after 5 beers with no problems :) And I do not drink hard liquor for about two-three months now.

Rooster
12-03-2009, 04:14 PM
and i do not drink hard liquor for about two-three months now.

Blasphemy!

;)

ad8
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Two beers seems just right... I also had two beers before my most recent concert and it went over well:D

lucys_bad_habit
12-04-2009, 09:50 AM
hey, so enjoy the show :p
i guess ur playin right now :D

hope that next time ill manage to get to your show ;)

dff_punk
12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
So, the gig went pretty well, see it for yourself:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/12643_1184246645095_1196101495_4414.jpg

I was a bit nervous, so I had some beers and screwed up some lyrics, but it doesn't matter, the crowd(basically made of friends) liked what we played. We had a little accident with our bassist, he walked out of the stage for two songs, because..... basically because he's a moron. I may explain if anyone is interested :D He is not in that photo. There might be videos, cause there was a video camera, but first I have to manage it somehow to get them, and maybe I'll share something with you ;) But it will need some time.

ad8
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Cool! I can't wait to see them:) Also, I'm curious about why your bassist did that:eek:

Blitz!
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Also, I'm curious about why your bassist did that:eek:

Seconded !!! You can't just hint at something and then not fill in the details :p

Nice pic ... by the way :)

dff_punk
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Well, to put it simply: He did not like the lyric to one song, as he said to me on rehearsals. He said it was childish. (The lyric is in Slovak, so I dunno if anyone would understand). So I changed the two phrases which he despised the most to something more acceptable. I did it Just because of him, everyone else had nothing against it. And when we were playing the song at the show, I was a bit nervous, and I accidentaly sang the original lyric(not the upgraded one which he wanted). He got angry and walked outta the stage. He watched us play the rest of the song from the audience. I mean, what kind of a person in the right mind does this? And that is not everything about him, he is basically the most negativist/misanthropist person I have ever met in my life. And not even in a funny way. Good news is, I have another bass player which might play with us ;)

Rooster
12-11-2009, 09:13 AM
That was a dick move of him. At our gigs our second guitarist keeps forgetting the lyrics for one of our own songs, but if it happens we still continue playing like nothing happened. We just have a good time, that's what is most important. Negaitvity never brings anything good to the table.

dff_punk
12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
We just have a good time, that's what is most important.

This this this. This is what he does not get, he never has a good time, we three always have fun on rehearsal, then this guy comes and our good mood suddenly disappears. I say, when in a band, you have to like each other as people. That is why we have to let this guy go :D

Rooster
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
He doesn't seem the right one for the band, with his bad attitude and all.

Having a good time is most important. When we rehearse we're always messing around, we always find something to laugh about :D

Superdope
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Your bass player can suck a fat one. Tell him I said that. Telling you the lyrics are childish, and then walking out on you guys while you're playing. Something doesn't add up there.

ad8
12-11-2009, 02:02 PM
He doesn't seem the right one for the band, with his bad attitude and all.

Having a good time is most important. When we rehearse we're always messing around, we always find something to laugh about :D

Oh yeah. We're always having fun at our rehearsals and we rather make 2 more jokes than practice one song another time and not have fun while rehearsing it.

dff_punk
12-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Hehe, tonight we are finally going to the pub, with the complete band(including our (ex)bass player), to have a conversation, so I hope we will leave each other in peace and there will not be any fight :D

Rooster
12-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Hehe, tonight we are finally going to the pub, with the complete band(including our (ex)bass player), to have a conversation, so I hope we will leave each other in peace and there will not be any fight :D

So, how did it go? Any foodfights? :D

dff_punk
12-17-2009, 06:47 AM
No, no fights... but we are officialy divorced :D

Rooster
12-17-2009, 06:52 AM
So he took it well, i guess? Or was there bad blood, just without a fight?

dff_punk
12-17-2009, 06:54 AM
He called us names, he said that we are double-crossers, fags, dicks, and stuff like that. I guess, the usual.

Rooster
12-17-2009, 07:04 AM
You should reply with "you look like a nazi" or something...:p

Eh fuck it, seeing from his previous actions he's just a regular Douchey McDouchebag. In a band you always do things in the way that everyone agrees, you don't do something just because some Mr. Shithead says so, and looks like he wanted everything to be done his way...

dff_punk
12-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Yeah, I completely agree. I mean, I already got like 3 potentional bass players, which play bass better and are better people. So, everything seems fine.

dff_punk
12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Look, here is a short snippet from our gig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUi14htuo4
It is the last few seconds of one of our slower songs, and my guitar is a bit out of tune at the end. But finally you can hear at least of a part of an other song, than Hey Bartender :)

Free?
12-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Made me think of one of those old early Offspring videos when they weren't even The Offspring.

ad8
12-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Look, here is a short snippet from our gig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUi14htuo4
It is the last few seconds of one of our slower songs, and my guitar is a bit out of tune at the end. But finally you can hear at least of a part of an other song, than Hey Bartender :)

Cool! This song sounds great, too. But now that you said that this is one of your slower songs I am kind of curious about your faster creations;)

dff_punk
12-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Made me think of one of those old early Offspring videos when they weren't even The Offspring.

I take that as a compliment.

Cool! This song sounds great, too. But now that you said that this is one of your slower songs I am kind of curious about your faster creations;)

Hehe, thinking of our playlist and your music taste........ there is this one song called Rollercoaster that I am sure you will like :)

There are some problems with acquiring the other videos, but I will let you know when (whether) I will be having them. Otherwise, we might record something the next year!

Blitz!
12-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Awesome video :cool:
I did notice the bear bottle next you though ;)

dff_punk
12-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I did not drink any bear during the concert, but I sure drank some beer :D

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Somehow just found this thread, haha. I don't know if you've made anything else yet haven't gone through the thread, but Hey Bartender is superb! Very catchy and fun song :)

dff_punk
03-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Update! (Not that anyone cares)

We tried out three new bassists, and while all of them were good, over a beer we decided to try out one of them, we had a second rehearsal yesterday with him and he learned our songs really quickly. And apparently we will have a concert on the 24th of April! It will surely be fun :)

That's all folks!

randman21
03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Awesome! Congrats. I never thought a bassist would be one of the hardest members to find until I had to deal with that myself. Hope he works out.

Anyway, I feel like I'm way behind on everything Sustain, so I've got some major catching up to do. :D Before I read this whole thread, can I find everything I need on the myspace page?

Blitz!
03-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Update! (Not that anyone cares)

I care
This is great news, I'm really looking forward to hearing some NEW Sustain, just make sure that there is at least audio/video from the gig on the 24th April, for the little people :p

dff_punk
03-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Awesome! Congrats. I never thought a bassist would be one of the hardest members to find until I had to deal with that myself. Hope he works out.

Anyway, I feel like I'm way behind on everything Sustain, so I've got some major catching up to do. :D Before I read this whole thread, can I find everything I need on the myspace page?

Thanks. Not much going on song-wise, we still have that only one song on myspace which we always had. Hopefully something new will emerge soon :)

I care
This is great news, I'm really looking forward to hearing some NEW Sustain, just make sure that there is at least audio/video from the gig on the 24th April, for the little people :p

Great to hear that ;) I will try to make someone record something.

MAXTER
03-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Yesss, I want too something new, and videos of course!!! :D

dff_punk
03-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Hey! Now we have an official fanpage on facebook, you can "become a fan" here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sustain/104524202918253?v=wall

All the news about the band will be posted there (if there will be more english fans, they will be in english too!). :)

Blitz!
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
(if there will be more english fans, they will be in english too!). :)

Me wants English !!! :D

dff_punk
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
We finally had a gig on saturday! Look:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/27824_1383108410621_1019288737_3116.jpg

Seems like I am covering our drummer again :D It was a lot of fun, better than our previous gig, our new bassist is a cool guy and he did not walk outta the stage :D Videos probably coming soon!

ad8
04-27-2010, 04:41 AM
We finally had a gig on saturday! Look:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/27824_1383108410621_1019288737_3116.jpg

Seems like I am covering our drummer again :D It was a lot of fun, better than our previous gig, our new bassist is a cool guy and he did not walk outta the stage :D Videos probably coming soon!

Very nice! It's cool that you finally found a good bassist and are ready to play more concerts:) Are we going to hear some new songs in the videos?

dff_punk
04-27-2010, 04:44 AM
Probably yes, we played like 7 our songs and 8 covers, so if the videos of the unheard songs will be any good, you will see/hear them! :)

Aaaand we already have booked another gig on the 10th of June! Good times are awaiting us :)

ad8
04-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Probably yes, we played like 7 our songs and 8 covers, so if the videos of the unheard songs will be any good, you will see/hear them! :)

Aaaand we already have booked another gig on the 10th of June! Good times are awaiting us :)

All right! Be sure to have a blast one 10th of June!

Blitz!
04-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Seems like I am covering our drummer again :D

Well, who needs to see the drummer anyway ;)

Impressively long setlist ... however, sound bites plz :p

dff_punk
05-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey bitches! A 20-minute video from our concert:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1JS7SB47

This one is from near the end of our gig. The songs played are:
ending of Want You Bad (I lost my voice during that one)
Vultures (I gained my voice again by screaming or something :D
Vstaň aj ty (our song in Slovak)
3/4 (our song in English)
Náboženské Zvyky (a cover song of a slovak band Horkýže Slíže)
Gone Away featuring Dexterka on vocals! (the highlight of the evening, poor Dexterka had some problems with hearing herself but it is nice)
Traja spití roboši (another cover of Horkýže Slíže)

If you like it, I can upload other videos with more songs. Judge the quality by yourselves.

randman21
05-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Damn, just when I'm about to leave! I'll be sure to check it out when I get back, though. I'm glad that you uploaded something. :D

ad8
05-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks man! Want You Bad immediately reminded me of the original music video with the jumping crowd;)
It looks like you really function well as a band... what I saw was really good.
Also, I can't complain about the video quality!

Free?
05-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Dexterka was colossal.

Blitz!
05-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey bitches! A 20-minute video from our concert:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1JS7SB47

I know this is probably to much to ask, but would it be possible to divide the video into smaller portions to make it easier for me to download. If I download the video as is, it will take me up to 4 hours.

Much appreciated :)

dff_punk
05-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the comments so far!

I can upload it as a two or three-parter, Marika, if you want, which server do you prefer?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-16-2010, 04:54 PM
u gotta play Hey, Bartender! live. it would sound so awesome

why dont u play it?

dff_punk
05-16-2010, 05:26 PM
u gotta play Hey, Bartender! live. it would sound so awesome

why dont u play it?

Of course we play it. That video I posted was just about a quarter of the whole concert.

ad8
05-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Of course we play it. That video I posted was just about a quarter of the whole concert.

Upload plsss;)

dff_punk
05-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Here is the whole setlist, if anyone is interested:

1. Welcome Here
2. Hey Bartender!
3. Dammit (Blink 182 cover)
4. Disciplína (Horkýže Slíže cover)
5. The Hell Song (Sum 41 cover)
6. The Hardest Time
7. Rollercoaster
8. Holiday (Green Day cover)
9. This Is The Life (Amy Macdonald cover)
10. Want You Bad (The Offspring cover)
11. Vultures (The Offspring cover)
12. Vstaň aj ty
13. 3/4
14. Náboženské Zvyky (Horkýže Slíže cover)
15. Gone Away (The Offspring cover feat. Dexterka)
16. Traja Spití Roboši (Horkýže Slíže cover)
17. Mám Vás Rád

The songs without artists mentioned are our own songs. I can upload the rest of the concert if you want.

Blitz!
05-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I can upload it as a two or three-parter, Marika, if you want, which server do you prefer?

That would be great :) Three-parts sound good, under 100MB a piece would be ideal and you can use any hosting file you perfer.

The songs without artists mentioned are our own songs. I can upload the rest of the concert if you want.

The setlist sounds great and since Adrian has been raving ... I definitely want to see them all. I do realize that me asking for smaller uploads of videos is more work for you ... but I would like to request it once again :o

ad8
05-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Here is the whole setlist, if anyone is interested:

1. Welcome Here
2. Hey Bartender!
6. The Hardest Time
7. Rollercoaster
12. Vstaň aj ty
13. 3/4
17. Mám Vás Rád

Wow, that's a looong set list! I'd love to play shows as big as that:eek:
I'd definitely love to hear all your original songs plus The Hell Song:)
Also, the Amy MacDonald cover should be interesting ;)

dff_punk
05-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Okay, I will upload it all when I got the time, probably today, tomorrow or thursday.

ad8
05-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Okay, I will upload it all when I got the time, probably today, tomorrow or thursday.

Great! Thanks a lot:)

dff_punk
05-19-2010, 06:52 AM
bah dff music!

http://rapidshare.com/files/389133926/sustain_live_in_obluda.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389137602/sustain_live_in_obluda.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389139546/sustain_live_in_obluda.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389141932/sustain_live_in_obluda.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389146065/sustain_live_in_obluda.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389148156/sustain_live_in_obluda.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389149711/sustain_live_in_obluda.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389153809/sustain_live_in_obluda.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389157101/sustain_live_in_obluda.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389158449/sustain_live_in_obluda.part10.rar

This is pratically the whole concert divided into 4 avi videos. In the first one there is about 11 minutes of us getting ready, you can skip past that, we start playing at about 11:00 in the video. Here is the setlist divided into the videos:

00260.avi
1. Welcome Here
2. Hey Bartender!

00261.avi
6. The Hardest Time
7. Rollercoaster

00262.avi
12. Vstaň aj ty
13. 3/4

00263.avi
17. Mám Vás Rád (the last song featuring introduction of the band)

CAUTION: Music in videos may be crappier as it appears.
Hehe, well, we made a lot of mistakes, but those of you who wanted it, you have it! Also the slovakian banter between songs is usually nothing interesting.

ad8
05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
bah dff music!

http://rapidshare.com/files/389133926/sustain_live_in_obluda.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389137602/sustain_live_in_obluda.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389139546/sustain_live_in_obluda.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389141932/sustain_live_in_obluda.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389146065/sustain_live_in_obluda.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389148156/sustain_live_in_obluda.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389149711/sustain_live_in_obluda.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389153809/sustain_live_in_obluda.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389157101/sustain_live_in_obluda.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/389158449/sustain_live_in_obluda.part10.rar

This is pratically the whole concert divided into 4 avi videos. In the first one there is about 11 minutes of us getting ready, you can skip past that, we start playing at about 11:00 in the video. Here is the setlist divided into the videos:

00260.avi
1. Welcome Here
2. Hey Bartender!

00261.avi
6. The Hardest Time
7. Rollercoaster

00262.avi
12. Vstaň aj ty
13. 3/4

00263.avi

Hehe, well, we made a lot of mistakes, but those of you who wanted it, you have it! Also the slovakian banter between songs is usually nothing interesting.
Great! Thanks a lot for uploading the whole concert!:)

...and...

bah dff music!
No! You suck!!1

hehe ;)

randman21
05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
By the way, this is just audio, right? I totally didn't see anything when I listened before. :P

dff_punk
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Nope, it is a video... maybe I used a not-that-common XviD codec while converting the files :/

randman21
05-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh, crap. Hehe, well I'll figure it out. I was just using Windows Media Player, which probably not the most advanced out there.

dff_punk
05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I recommend VLC media player. That one works for eeeeeeverything and there is no need to install any extra codecs.

ad8
05-21-2010, 01:17 AM

00260.avi
1. Welcome Here
2. Hey Bartender!

00261.avi
6. The Hardest Time
7. Rollercoaster

00262.avi
12. Vstaň aj ty
13. 3/4

00263.avi

Alright, I watched the full concert yesterday and I had a great time doing so:) As you already guessed, I did like Rollercoaster a lot. The Hardest Time is a great song, too.
Same was This Is The Life, which was a perfect example of a punk rock cover of a popular song. The rest of the concert was just about as entertaining, though. Thanks again for uploading the whole thing!

dff_punk
05-21-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey dude, glad you enjoyed it even though the concert was not perfect, we made lots of mistakes :D We are going to have another gig in a month, we will play shorter but only our songs(and maybe This Is The Life), including two new never heard ones :) I am off to a rehearsal in an hour.

ad8
05-21-2010, 05:01 AM
Hey dude, glad you enjoyed it even though the concert was not perfect, we made lots of mistakes :D We are going to have another gig in a month, we will play shorter but only our songs(and maybe This Is The Life), including two new never heard ones :) I am off to a rehearsal in an hour.

Nice! I am curious about those new songs. Since you said that you made many mistakes... I tried to find some and I did find some at second listen but those are definitely not ruining the show. I think that musicians have another way of self-reflection... I also tend to think that I played horribly after rehearsing/playing a show but in the end the audience gives rather positive feedback. And I think the audience at your show sure as hell had a good time (from what I was able to see;) )

dff_punk
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
So we had another gig yesterday, it was awesome. We played 9 our songs and it was by far the best sounding gig(of the three we had). There was not much recording this time, but I have two short video snippets, we are negotiating whether we shall put it on youtube or facebook, stay tuned! Anyway, if we decide not to show them in the public, I will upload them somewhere just for you guys :P But they are really short.

ad8
06-11-2010, 10:58 PM
So we had another gig yesterday, it was awesome. We played 9 our songs and it was by far the best sounding gig(of the three we had). There was not much recording this time, but I have two short video snippets, we are negotiating whether we shall put it on youtube or facebook, stay tuned! Anyway, if we decide not to show them in the public, I will upload them somewhere just for you guys :P But they are really short.

I'm glad you are that successful with finding/playing gigs! That's a great time! Of course I'd appreciate new videos, but if anyone in the band doesn't want them up, I'm fine with it.

dff_punk
08-11-2010, 08:43 AM
*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JLDxC47qg

ad8
08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
*cough*

Thank you for the video! Does this mean that you have been featured by some kind of tv station?

dff_punk
08-12-2010, 02:31 AM
No, our drummer made up the video and everything, do you really think we were featured in Hustler TV? ;)

ad8
08-12-2010, 03:38 AM
No, our drummer made up the video and everything, do you really think we were featured in Hustler TV? ;)

I don't know, there's always the possibility of some super-regional slovak tv station being called Hustler tv... although I'll admit that this seems rather unlikely ;)

Rooster
08-12-2010, 04:58 AM
*cough*

Awesome. And catchy :)

dff_punk
09-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Heya guys. Our Myspace (myspace.com/sustainband) has a new look (pure co-incidence with the new look of offspring.com) and we are preparing for a the local semi-finals of the international festival EMERGENZA at 30.10.2010 in Bratislava. We are working really hard on our songs to make them sound the best, wish us luck. I will keep you updated. We are also planning to hit the studio until the end of the year. How many songs will be recorded? Who knows, maybe it will be 2 or maybe there will be enough of them for an EP. (or an album? too optimistic, I gotta say) Good day :)

Blitz!
09-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Your myspace page looks wicked and I really like the new band pictures ... much better than the older ones. I wish you the best of luck with the show on the 30th and don't forget we require pictures/video. As for the EP/Album, remember to do an international release :)

dff_punk
01-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I just thought I would update you guys finally a bit. We have had a progressive year. We succeeded in the contest of bands, we are going to the semifinals! We ended up third out of eight, and the audience was deciding the winners. We also had a few more concerts and are getting prepared for the semifinals of the contest in march, also rehearsing some new progressive tunes.

Also, I have this thing on my hands, it is an audio recording from our last concert in december, in a not that bad quality. Thing is, we have been particularly wasted (mainly me) during this one, so we screwed up looots of stuff and my singing sounds like a drunk fellow singing in a pub. Really do not know if I would make it available for anyone :D

ad8
01-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I just thought I would update you guys finally a bit. We have had a progressive year. We succeeded in the contest of bands, we are going to the semifinals! We ended up third out of eight, and the audience was deciding the winners. We also had a few more concerts and are getting prepared for the semifinals of the contest in march, also rehearsing some new progressive tunes.

Also, I have this thing on my hands, it is an audio recording from our last concert in december, in a not that bad quality. Thing is, we have been particularly wasted (mainly me) during this one, so we screwed up looots of stuff and my singing sounds like a drunk fellow singing in a pub. Really do not know if I would make it available for anyone :D
Err... fuck that, I want to listen to new Sustain footage?! ;)

randman21
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Haha, I second that motion! None of the bands have posted a live show in a while, and I've been quite curious in everyone's progress. :D

dff_punk
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Okay, one more person will want it and I might actually do it. But I still warn you! :o

dff_punk
04-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Hi there. We are doing really well. Check out our YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bandsustain

Some new videos there.
Opening for a Blink 182 cover band next week.
Bought myself a cool cap which everyone thinks is hip-hop but I think is skate-punk. Whatever.
Recording coming soon.
See ya, bros :)

04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
mind posting some translations of the lyrics and also the videos where you sing like a drunk guy at a pud(i love singing like that)

dff_punk
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I sound (and am) drunk sometimes, but I guess the vocals are never sounding too good live for most amateur bands :D Do you want lyrics to the songs and translations to the slovak ones? Did I get it right?

EDIT: Oh you mean the audio recording when we were drunk that I mentioned earlier? Do you really want it? It is terrible, we sound much better now.

04-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Yes i want the audio recording and the translations to the songs in slovak

dff_punk
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QakN7QOKa6k

One of our english songs from our first gig in 2012. We are doing great. Just sayin'. Check out the channel if you want more(some songs are in slovak). Cheers mates! :)

Rooster
03-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Dude, this song is awesome! When can we expect to get a studio recording of it? :p