PDA

View Full Version : Genocide

dexter12296566
11-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I had two questions about the genocide in Africa.
1: Who is against the Africans?
2: What is it called(It has a specific name)?

*Sorry if this isn't politics. I really don't follow what's politics and what isn't*:o

Llamas
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
1. Which genocide are you talking about? There have been many...
2. There is no group as the "Africans", especially no group that there has been genocide against. Most of the recent genocides in Africa have been one group of Africans against another group of Africans...

Static_Martyr
11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Are you talking about Darfur, Sudan, maybe?

The Talking Pie
11-04-2009, 05:41 PM
# Dog eat dog
Every day
On our fellow men we prey
Dog eat dog
To get by
Hope you like my genocide #

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I bet you'd only run
If you saw what goes inside our own
I bet you'd lead the way
If it were up to you to decide
But it's not

XYlophonetreeZ
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
There is not enough desk in the world for my head right now.

Al Coholic
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
She wants more dinero just to stay at home
Well my freind, you gottaaa say:
Say no way
Say no wayyya
No waaaaaaaay
Na na why don't you get a job?

nieh
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

I love this.

Llamas
11-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I thought genocide was gonna be cool... I heard such great things about it. Turns out it was totally overhyped. 1 star rating, would not try again.

Baldwin
11-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Dear African genocidaires,

Thank you for investing your time and effort into the current African genocide. While I certainly appreciate the result, I feel it is my civic duty to point out places in which your genocide could be improved.

1. A modest dress code
The Holocaust is the most enduring and arguably the best genocide ever for a reason. Do you honestly think anybody would remember it today if the Germans walked around doing their genociding in singlets and camo pants? I understand that many Africans are quite poor, and that putting a dress code in place might exclude some of them from getting involved in the genocide, but you really do need to put some emphasis on quality over quantity. This means ; long pants and collared shirts only, please. Also, for health & safety reasons please enforce fully enclosed shoes, no more tyre-soled sandals.

2. Some token white people please
I understand that this is Africa, but the civil rights movement applies to everyone, thank you. Please hire at least one white person and one asian, and make sure they're visible in some of your press releases and advertising. They don't have to actually say anything or do anything, but it would really help white and asian people get into the spirit of your genocide if they knew they weren't being deliberately excluded.

3. Better differentiation between factions
Most of us are generally enjoying your genocide, but a few of us (mostly the older generation and assburger retards) aren't seeing much in the way of cosmetic differences between the different factions. I understand that many of your tribes have a virtually identical culture, language and appearance, and that while divisions between the freshwater fishermen and the saltwater fishermen are points of violent contention in the African world, many of us from foreign lands are having a hard time picking a side to root for. It's gotten to the stage that the only reason anybody is taking an interest in who wins is if they've placed bets. Could I reccomend that you visibly and vocally take opposing stances that the wider world can appreciate ; for instance, surfers vs skaters, or jews vs islam. It would also help if you encouraged your people to dress and accesorise themselves in an easily recognisable manner.

I hope that my comments have been helpful to you, and I'll certainly be following your genocide with great interest.

Al Coholic
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
And all the girlies say he's pretty fly for a white guy.

dexter12296566
11-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Are you talking about Darfur, Sudan, maybe?

Thank You! I was talking about the first one!

Static_Martyr
11-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Darfur is *in* Sudan, IIRC.

Llamas
11-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Darfur is *in* Sudan, IIRC.

Lost cause, dude :P

Baldwin
11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I can't believe I'm actually helping you with your homework or whatever, but I'm getting seriously pissed-off at all these smartarses making fun of you without actually answering the question. So here goes.

The "genocide" in Darfur is generally referred to as the 'Conflict in Darfur' or 'The Road War'. It's the Arabs against the Africans.

The Africans in Darfur (led by Chief Pappagello) were much richer and more educated than the Arabs (led by Ayatollah Achmungus), because they owned most of the lands petroleum refinaries. Outside the African-held areas, there was very little petroleum revenue to go around. But the Arabs were the majority, and had a far bigger army. They wanted to nationalise the petroleum industry and take it from the Africans. To try and intimidate the Africans into giving up their refinaries, they started to harass the African camps with threats of genocide, killing and raping and that sort of thing. The Africans wanted to leave, but they wanted to keep the profits of their gasoline refinaries. Ayatollah Achmungus told the Africans to just walk away, and their lives would be spared.

The Africans were unwillingly to leave penniless after they worked so hard pumping all that oil, so they tried to sneak the profits out of the country without the Arabs finding out. A Polish-Australian financial lawyer, Maxwell Rockatanski joined up with them and is generally considered the hero of the Darfur Conflict. At first he just wanted to take some of the money for himself, but after the Arabs tried to intimidate him into leaving the country by blowing up his car and killing his dog, he came up with a plan to get the money out of the country with the escaping Africans. While this happened, he also arranged a helicopter bombing (Operation Gyro Snakedrop) on the Arab army. Ayatollah Achmungus was killed in the attack, but Chief Pappagello was also killed by the Arab soldiers while trying to flee the country. The Africans tried to elect Rockatanski to be their new tribal chief, but he declined. The Road War was basically over by then, but there were some occasional flare-ups later on, like the helicopter bombing of the camel-train, which led to the Battle of Bartertown and the exodus of the lost tribes of children... but those are generally considered to be a different conflict altogether.

brothadave79
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
The Road War was basically over by then, but there were some occasional flare-ups later on, like the helicopter bombing of the camel-train, which led to the Battle of Bartertown and the exodus of the lost tribes of children... but those are generally considered to be a different conflict altogether.

So who run Bartertown?

Smash_Returns
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
To answer your questions:
1. Other Africans, primarily. It's all battles between tribes and warlords.
2. It's called genocide. They're trying to exterminate the other tribes.

Baldwin
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
To answer your questions:
1. Other Africans, primarily. It's all battles between tribes and warlords.
2. It's called genocide. They're trying to exterminate the other tribes.

That was Rwanda, the extermination of the Tutsi (loosely translated to [cutters of] toes) by the HuTU (acronym translates loosely to Main Force Patrol). Learn yer histry.

calichix
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
oh fuck you guys and your "this is hilaaaaaaaaaarious. she doesn't know about the crisis in darfur." attitudes. you are the halters of progress in this world, you pretentious pieces of shit.

at least justin was noble enough to give a clear, concise explanation of the conflict.

here is some history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Darfur
http://www.alertnet.org/thefacts/reliefresources/108504954881.htm

these are really good websites for catching up on general knowledge, they have good videos:
www.linktv.org
alternet.org

here is a list of 20th century genocides to be familiar with:
http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/index.html

and you should also check out the food crisis in Haiti, because it might as well be a genocide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSWJmq4XC2s