PDA

View Full Version : Them Crooked Vultures streaming new album

Superdope
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
You can stream Them Crooked Vultures debut in its entirety on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6arQ-qK34

I gave the whole record a spin, the only one I will give it before I get the record in my hands, and my expectations were definitely met. So many moments that made me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

tayluhhx3
11-10-2009, 03:31 PM
listening now :)

Rooster
11-25-2009, 03:03 PM
So, what are your opinions on this album? I finally got the CD today, and listened to it in my car on the way home. I've come to track 10 so far, i was home before the CD ended.

It fucking rocks. Yaysus! They sound like nobody else, unique, and all experimenting and tempo changes only help to make things spicier. This is easilly the best release Homme has colaborated on since Songs For The Deaf, which (what a coincidence) also had Dave Grohl on drums. And now perhaps the only complaint: while the sound is gread, it's a little bit too compressed, dynamic range is small (waveforms don't look like waveforms, they look like solid bricks!), and as a result drums don't stand out enough, which is a shame, considering who's beating the shit out of them. Other than this, there is absolutely nothing wrong (but then again, this is somewhat normal these days, every new release is too compressed).

Well worth the money.

BandWithoutAName
11-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I got it the day it came out...

Another reason to looove Wal-Mart...

Rooster
11-27-2009, 02:55 AM
This album is deffinitely a grower. Love it more and more with every listen.

Superdope
11-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Looks like they're not streaming it anymore. I'm sure you guys know how to get it if you want to listen before you buy, but I implore you to buy it. Music like this should be encouraged.

Rooster
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Looks like they're not streaming it anymore. I'm sure you guys know how to get it if you want to listen before you buy, but I implore you to buy it. Music like this should be encouraged.

Agree on this 100%. I usually end up buying an album if i like it, even if i download it first. I downloaded this album, but it was pointless, since i decided not to listen to it before i buy it. And it was worth it, it's totally different experience when you finally get the physical copy of the album in your hands, unwrap it and blast it for the first time... Priceless

findout5
12-10-2009, 04:52 AM
What a great record :)