PDA

View Full Version : The Doors

ThatOneGuy123
01-24-2005, 03:44 PM
The Doors are one of the greatest bands ever to make it big from "Riders On The Storm" to "Gloria" they were kickin it big time kids had their stuff teenagers had their stuff everybody had their stuff they started in the early 60's and got out in the open in 1968 from 68 to 71 they where rockin out but when Jim died in 71 from what some believe is drug abuse to he od'd on heroin people where in shock in these modern days some of them quit but they got a new lead singer that looks like Jim...Im angry at that but the Lizard King shall live on forever

R.I.P
James Morrison
1943-1971
"The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are"-Jim Morrison

Radi0_havana52
01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
shouldent this be in the other bands forum ... oh well. yes the doors are fucken awesome

nieh
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Paint it Black was the Stones

ThatOneGuy123
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
wtf was i thinking im very sorry ive worked since 5:00AM and just got off then i had to take my son to his friends house cause my wife is at the store

nieh
01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Jim Morrison was not the only member of the Doors so they had every right to continue on without him (whether or not it was a good idea is debateable). Also, the band has continued to refuse to sell their music for commercials based on Jim's principles. So yay them!

I like what I've heard by the Doors, but never paid too much attention to them, even though I probably should.

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I must Agree.The Doors are awesome. I listen to them a lot and get too exciteded when I listen to them at the disco I am.It's great..... :D

HornyPope
01-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Jim Morrison doesn't like people who can't ponctuate their own sentances. On a related note, I visited his grave when I was in Paris. Indeed an awesome band.

Sirotilc
01-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Moooojooo Riising!

wheelchairman
01-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Love the Doors, can't wait for the new album then. I plan on visiting his grave when I visit Paris this coming March.

Nothing to brag about, since it's a total of 4 notes, but I can play L'America on guitar. And Riders on the Storm.

DirtyMagical
01-25-2005, 02:12 AM
The Doors are one of the greatest bands ever to make it big from "Riders On The Storm" to "Gloria" they were kickin it big time kids had their stuff teenagers had their stuff everybody had their stuff they started in the early 60's and got out in the open in 1968 from 68 to 71 they where rockin out but when Jim died in 71 from what some believe is drug abuse to he od'd on heroin people where in shock in these modern days some of them quit but they got a new lead singer that looks like Jim...Im angry at that but the Lizard King shall live on forever

R.I.P
James Morrison
1943-1971
"The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are"-Jim Morrison

Ahem, I believe it was Robert Smith touring with them for a while...
Your frog king can't fucking compare!
...in ...my opinion that is.))

Trip Boy
01-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Great band.

ThatOneGuy123
01-25-2005, 11:29 PM
!!!!UPDATE!!!! I forgot to put Danny Sugarman on here (sorry man wherever you are) Danny Sugarman the man that was the man to the band died at the beggining of this month from Lung Cancer he will be remembered as the manager of the doors not many people these days know about him but he was with them from the beggining he was 50 years old when he died

R.I.P
Danny Sugarman
1954-2005