PDA

View Full Version : A cool mom?

Radi0_havana52
01-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey everyone check this out its about that "cool mom" who bought drugs for kids and had sex with them.

A cool mom? (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/21/sex.parties.ap/index.html)

ThatOneGuy123
01-24-2005, 05:11 PM
hahahahahaha "just trying to fit in with the crowd" she means the crowd trying to get their pills at the nursing home hahahahaha marjuana mom thats what i say

GBH2
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
lmao. god that is so fucking funny :D

punkangel
01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
that's really wrong and sad...just glad it wasn't my mother or my aunt...jeez that's really funny though

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Well, the link didn't work for me :( ..... But can I talk a lil bit about my Real Mom?????????

I'm very glad with the Mom I've.I love her muchly.She always supports me in my decisions (She loved the idea of my tatoo).She talks to me about a lot of things.I started going out when I was just 14 and she'd never said no.

I love Mom Muchly :D (My Dad too)

Layna
01-24-2005, 05:55 PM
cool mom or pervert mom? :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/punk_lay/gif76.gif

nieh
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
how come none of my friend's moms were that cool?

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, the link didn't work for me :( ..... But can I talk a lil bit about my Real Mom?????????

I'm very glad with the Mom I've.I love her muchly.She always supports me in my decisions (She loved the idea of my tatoo).She talks to me about a lot of things.I started going out when I was just 14 and she'd never said no.

I love Mom Muchly :D (My Dad too)

Sounds to me like she's too permissive. She's trying to be your friend, not your mom.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
The two are not completely seperate. My mom can tell me off when I've done something wrong, but she's my friend too. There's nothing to say a Mom can't be a friend.

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
This is true, but allowing a 14 y/o to get a tattoo and go out on dates, that's not being a mom in my opinion. 14 is just too young for that.

nieh
01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Sounds to me like she's too permissive. She's trying to be your friend, not your mom.

I dunno...a tattoo isn't particularly "permissive", because a lot of people honestly don't see anything wrong with getting one done, it's just preference. Kind of like how some parents don't let their 14-15 year old kids listen to Green Day because they sing "I went to a whore" while others let their kids listen to death metal...most parents have to pick their battles for what they think is genuinely important and not waste it on trivial things like tattoos or music (though I'd hate it if my kid got a tattoo even if they were 50, but that's just me). Anyway, in regards to the dating at 14 thing...that's not necesarilly bad so long as it was innocent dating, no sex and babies.

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
And how does her mom know there will be no sex? Does the mom go with her on her dates? Don't know if you've had sex, but it does happen in the heat of the moment, especially with teenagers.

And regarding the tattoo, is a 14 y/o old enough to know for sure that they want that tattoo for the rest of their life? Yes, tattoos can be removed, but it is VERY expensive to remove them, and also painful. I've heard it is more painful to have them removed than it is to get them, and I know it's much more expensive to have them removed than it is to get them.

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 06:33 PM
This is true, but allowing a 14 y/o to get a tattoo and go out on dates, that's not being a mom in my opinion. 14 is just too young for that.
Linda, I got my tatoo last Tuesday... I'm 24 years old hehe.... She has always let me got out because she used to take me wherever I was going to.She indeed is permissive but she always talk to me and teach me the right things before I do something.She had never argue with me for something I want to do.U used to go out with some friends.Not on dates hehe.......
TUNB is right.She can tell me off for something but she is my friend. :D

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
:eek: I don't know why I thought you were 14! OK, your mom is cool then, but I still stick by my beliefs about a 14 y/o! :p

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
And how does her mom know there will be no sex? Does the mom go with her on her dates? Don't know if you've had sex, but it does happen in the heat of the moment, especially with teenagers.

You're right in this point Linda.But I do thankj my mom for always talking to me about sex.When I used to be 14 , specially when I started to go out she talked to me a lot about sex, and U can be sure I didn't have sex at that time.My friends used to talk to my Mom to because their parents were not used to talk about such a hard issue.I'm totally glad about it because My mom talks a lot about what is right and wrong when it comes to sex.She even talked to my ex boyfriend about it when we started dating.We had such a nice relatiuonship and all my friends used to like my mom a lot.She taught us a lot of things.I really thabk her for the person I am today. :D
We still talk a lot about sex.... It's funny.We spend a lot of time alone talking about it..... You guys should try talking about it with ur moms :)

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I could never talk about sex with my mom. That was a topic not to be discussed. Too bad, too, altho I really don't think she could have taught me a whole lot about it. Anywho, you're old enough to make your own decisions about tatoos and sex. You don't need your mom's permission on either anymore.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
The best way that a Mom can deter a kid from having sex is to educate them, IMHO. Telling them honestly about the risks and the dangers that can happen as a result of it. If you just forbid a kid to do it, without giving a reason, they're going to get curious and try and do it more.

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
I totally agree.

That's just not how things were done when I was growing up.

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
You both are right.I know I'm old enough to have my own decisions but I still believe My Mon knows more about life then me.She can teach me alot still. I always ask her opinion about everything I'm gonna do. I agree with TUNB because I never wanted to have sex before because my mom always told me not to make thibgs quick.She said you can enjoy your life not worrying with sex.If it happens ok.It's our instinct.But if you do not worry with it you won't die.... :D
I still feel comfortable with Mon telling me what is right or wrong for me.After all Moms always know what is gooed for their babies (That's what we will always seem to be for them hehe) :D

nieh
01-24-2005, 06:56 PM

And regarding the tattoo, is a 14 y/o old enough to know for sure that they want that tattoo for the rest of their life? Yes, tattoos can be removed, but it is VERY expensive to remove them, and also painful. I've heard it is more painful to have them removed than it is to get them, and I know it's much more expensive to have them removed than it is to get them.

It depends on the 14 year old. For 95% of kids, you'd be right, but there's always some that are smart enough to make decisions like that, part of being a parent is knowing how smart (or stupid) your kid is and knowing how to deal with it. Also, in regards to 14 year olds dating/mating and stuff...if parents are responsible, it's very difficult for young folks to have sex (even if they are trying to) strictly because of lack of opportunity. The date will typically have to be either (a) at one of their houses with parents there or (b) someplace their parents are willing to drive them to (i.e. movies, restaurant, etc.) because they don't have their own cars (this is more regarding suburbs...it's a bit easier for kids in cities). Basically, the only time they wouldn't be within earshot of the parents would be if the parents are ok with where they go.

Linda
01-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your mom. :)

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your mom. :)
Yeah.... We sometimes argue because of my brother.But it's nothing serious hehe.....After all Moms are not perfect hahaha..Although mine is an angel ;)

Linda
01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
It depends on the 14 year old. For 95% of kids, you'd be right, but there's always some that are smart enough to make decisions like that, part of being a parent is knowing how smart (or stupid) your kid is and knowing how to deal with it. Also, in regards to 14 year olds dating/mating and stuff...if parents are responsible, it's very difficult for young folks to have sex (even if they are trying to) strictly because of lack of opportunity. The date will typically have to be either (a) at one of their houses with parents there or (b) someplace their parents are willing to drive them to (i.e. movies, restaurant, etc.) because they don't have their own cars (this is more regarding suburbs...it's a bit easier for kids in cities). Basically, the only time they wouldn't be within earshot of the parents would be if the parents are ok with where they go.

I know from experience, if 2 kids want to have sex, they will find a way, no matter how strict the parents are.

Camilamazed
01-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Guys the fact is.If parents let their kids know that sex is not a important thing at that period of life, they won't look for it.My Mom has always told me that I had a lot of other things to do before sex.she taught me that sex is not the main goal for us.Sex is responsibility.She said that I'd enjoy my sexuallity in a different way, Like just kissing or having some "Cool" moments which doesn't mean Sex.. :D

nieh
01-24-2005, 07:34 PM
I know from experience, if 2 kids want to have sex, they will find a way, no matter how strict the parents are.

yeah...but 'strict' and 'responsible' aren't always entirely the same thing. Basically if you talk to them like Camil(a) and Mr. Nightbringer were saying, then even though they definitely physically want to have sex (and would if given the opportunity) they're that much less likely to put mind power into sneaking around and creating that opportunity. That being said, I do have a tendency to give kids more credit than most people do...the ones I've known haven't screwed up so far though, so looks like I picked a decent bunch.

Linda
01-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Looks like, but most kids aren't like the "bunch" you've picked.

ThrashedThrasher
01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Guys the fact is.If parents let their kids know that sex is not a important thing at that period of life, they won't look for it.My Mom has always told me that I had a lot of other things to do before sex.she taught me that sex is not the main goal for us.Sex is responsibility.She said that I'd enjoy my sexuallity in a different way, Like just kissing or having some "Cool" moments which doesn't mean Sex.. :D

That isn't necessarily true. Some people don't have the mental capacity to realize that. I for one, don't plan on losing my virginity anytime before I'm 16. My friends, on the otherhand, have screwed at least 2 or more guys in the past 6 months. I don't know why they bothered with it but whatever, I'm totally happy with your typical kissing and cuddling I suppose some people seem to think that it's so much more awesome to fuck than cuddle. Fuck that shit, one of my buddies is already pregnant other than her boyfriend I'm the only one that knows. It's fuckin' stupid.

Rag Doll
01-24-2005, 09:13 PM
eh, my mother knows i'm not an idiot. i have a tattoo (soon to be 2...and she's paying for the second one)...and currently also have 14 piercings. she knows i'll drink a bit at a friends house, but the girls mom is there and we don't drive after (her mom keeps everyones keys), so we wont do anything stupid. i've never had a curfew, but i've never gotten into any trouble. i'm not a drug user (minus the little bit of alcohol and caffeine). i'm not a slut, despite being on birth control for years (which can really make things tempting). i think it depends on the kid and how well they can be trusted.

Linda
01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
It's not even about boy and girl and the possibility of getting pregnant anymore. Little Johnny or Suzie could have their friends over for a sleepover
and have gay sex while mom and dad are asleep in the next room. They run the risk of contracting HIV. There again it depends on the kid, but isn't it more likely same sex would engage in sexual activities quicker knowing there's no risk of getting pregnant, since the most emphasis seems to be put on getting pregnant? This world is truly fucked up.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2005, 07:49 AM
I think you're underestimating the intelligence of some kids. If they're told the facts, and the risks that go along with it, a lot will understand and wait. Not all teenagers are mindless trolls out for a quick fuck.

Camilamazed
01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
I think you're underestimating the intelligence of some kids. If they're told the facts, and the risks that go along with it, a lot will understand and wait. Not all teenagers are mindless trolls out for a quick fuck.
Totally Agreed :D

Talman
01-25-2005, 10:28 AM
She musta been a MILF otherwise the 5 guys wouldn't have had sex with her.
________
VAPIR OXYGEN (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

Linda
01-25-2005, 01:06 PM

No one said all were, but the biggest majority are.

*reads the bbs*

No, I don't think I'm underestimating the intelligence of kids at all. :)

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2005, 01:10 PM
*reads the bbs*

No, I don't think I'm underestimating the intelligence of kids at all. :)

ShUT up LindA u iz teh st00pidz and I h8 u 4eva die!!KLFDN!shift+111!

Anyway, yeah, this Mom isn't cool. Different parents have different ways of raising their children, and yeah, some parents can be friends with their children, but they must be parents first and foremost. I have a cool relationship with my Mom, and we do engage in friendly conversations, but she is a mother first, and that is more important than being a friend.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2005, 01:10 PM
No, I don't think I'm underestimating the intelligence of kids at all.

And you say we're ageist..

Just saying.

Linda
01-25-2005, 01:13 PM
ShUT up LindA u iz teh st00pidz and I h8 u 4eva die!!KLFDN!shift+111!

hehehe You're funny!

TUNB can't take a joke! :D

Just saying. :p

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2005, 01:17 PM
hehehe You're funny!

Aww, does this mean that you're not gonna die, and that I shouldn't h8 u 4eva?

Phooey!

:D

Linda
01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
If that's what you want it to mean. :p

sKratch
01-25-2005, 08:59 PM
It's not even about boy and girl and the possibility of getting pregnant anymore. Little Johnny or Suzie could have their friends over for a sleepover
and have gay sex while mom and dad are asleep in the next room. They run the risk of contracting HIV. There again it depends on the kid, but isn't it more likely same sex would engage in sexual activities quicker knowing there's no risk of getting pregnant, since the most emphasis seems to be put on getting pregnant? This world is truly fucked up.
Whoah since when are little kids
a) having gay sex
b) contracting HIV

Linda
01-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I was talking about teens, dipwad. :rolleyes:
Teens are little, they sure as hell aren't adults.
And yes, HIV is a possibility. Think about it.

sKratch
01-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Dipwad?
Ok.

sitdyneshelagh
01-26-2005, 09:52 AM
i doubt that many teens are HIV+

Linda
01-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Why, you think teens are immune? :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I still think you're not giving enough credit to the intelligence of some teenagers.

Linda
01-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh really? Maybe you better read this.

Basic Information About HIV and AIDS

HIV/AIDS Prevention in Teens
Here is the stuff you really need to know!

Are teens at risk?

Yes!!! Here are some scary statistics:

In every hour of every day, 1-2 teens in the US get infected with HIV.
One out of four AIDS cases in the US is a person who was probably infected as a teen.
AIDS is the leading cause of death for all Americans age 25-44.
50% of all the people in the world with HIV/ AIDS were infected as teens.
HIV/AIDS does not discriminate! It doesn't matter if you're old, young, male, female, gay, straight, African-American, Latino, Asian or White. The AIDS virus can still infect you.

AIDS is hard to get by casual contact!

DO NOT worry about:

Touching, hugging, toilet seats, mosquitoes, swimming pools, or sneezes. And don't worry about sweat, tears, urine or saliva (unless there is alot of blood in it).

Here is what you DO need to worry about:

3 Activities:

Unprotected Sex (sex without a condom) - anal, vaginal, oral.
Blood to Blood - sharing needles, tattoos, ear and body piercing.
Infected mother to child - during pregnancy, at birth, or through mother's breast milk.

4 Dangerous Fluids:

Blood
Semen (including pre-ejaculation fluid)
Vaginal fluids
Breast milk

Here is how to prevent HIV/AIDS:

Abstinence is the best choice!

It is not the time to experiment with sex or drugs. Drugs mess up your mind and distort your judgment. Postponing sex is a really good idea.

If you or someone you know is sexually active, we recommend:
Latex condoms - not lambskin which has pores that HIV can pass through.

Water-based lubricant - NOT oil-based (like Vaseline or hand lotion) which can destroy the condom. Try using "Today", "KY", "personal", "Wet" or other water-based lubricants.

Monogamy, fidelity, and trust.

Proper and consistent condom use is a must!

Check the expiration date!
Open the package very carefully!
Press reservoir tip to squeeze air out!
Carefully take the condom off immediately after ejaculation!
Only use each condom one time!
Dispose of it properly!

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Before I had sex I knew all about that. My parents explained the facts and risks to me, and so I knew all that I needed to. I used protection and did everything I needed to.

Linda
01-26-2005, 01:18 PM
You miss the point. Am I saying YOU?
You are so fucking dense and close minded.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 01:23 PM
I was using myself as an example to show that not all teenagers are mindless.

And frankly that reply was ridiculously aggressive and I didn't appreciate it.

Linda
01-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Ask me if I give a damn.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 07:56 PM
So was that one.

Can you just not accept it when people have a different opinion to you?

Linda
01-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes I can. It's you that can't accept that I have opinions of my own.
Like a said, I wasn't talking about you, but what I said is true, the statistics prove it. I don't know why you have to argue about it when you saw it for yourself.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
The statistics don't prove your point whole-heartedly. 1-2 kids in the US. That doesn't cover the millions who DON'T ever get infected, and kids from other countries too.

Your aggressive reaction was unfair, and unprovoked. I thought we were having a reasonable debate. I was using myself as an example because I know my own experiences. If you couldn't take that, well more fool you.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
This is more of a general comment, so neither of you jump down my throat because I'm not choosing sides. The only reason I bring it up here is because your quarrel just reminded me.

But I think it's really sad that a mere disagreement is cause for hostility and downright rudeness, and that discussion is damn near dead as a result.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I agree. I think we should return to the point at hand.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
It's NOT all about you David. Good for you, you are aware and are capable of protecting yourself and can stop yourself from getting carried away, if indeed you can when the situation arises for you. The risk is still there for you, just like for everyone else.

Most teens don't think like you do, no matter where in the world it is. If they did, there wouldn't be so many pregnant teenage girls. Plus the possiblity of contracting HIV is there, for anyone. You don't know when you fall in love with someone and decide to have sex whether they have HIV or not. People lie all the time, the girl can tell you she's clean, but is she?

Statistics aren't based on YOUR life experiences.

David, in the past, there have been alot of your posts toward me that have been unfair and unprovoked. I'd say, turn about, fair play.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Alright. But the fact still remains that not all teenagers are mindless trolls, that's all I'm saying.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
This is more of a general comment, so neither of you jump down my throat because I'm not choosing sides. The only reason I bring it up here is because your quarrel just reminded me.

But I think it's really sad that a mere disagreement is cause for hostility and downright rudeness, and that discussion is damn near dead as a result.

I'm not jumping down your throat, OK, but I have had so much hostility and downright rudeness directed at me on this board during the past 3 years, I really don't give a damn when someone who has done the directing of that rudeness gets some back and gets upset about it. Turn abouts fair play.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Alright. But the fact still remains that not all teenagers are mindless trolls, that's all I'm saying.

AND I NEVER SAID THEY WERE! GEESH!!! FUCKING DAMN!!! :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
In my PM I apologised for all that, and asked if we could bury the hatchet. To be honest I really thought we could be mature about this.

Oh forget it. It's impossible to talk to you.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
In my PM I apologised for all that, and asked if we could bury the hatchet. To be honest I really thought we could be mature about this.

Oh forget it. It's impossible to talk to you.

PM? What PM?? I never got a PM from you!

When I am being mature about posting, and having fun, someone like you always has to try to ruin it. Don't try to put it all on my, David. Try reading what I type, don't read it the way YOU want to interpret it.

In reality, it's impossible to talk to you because you think you know everything, even more that statistics show. You have a whole lot of growing up to do, believe me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-26-2005, 08:18 PM
If you want to argue Linda, PM me. But there's a good debate here and it shouldn't be ruined with our arguing.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:24 PM
If I want to argue? LMAO That's rich! You're the one arguing. I posted statistics and you argued about them! No thanks, I don't want to PM with you. I really have nothing to discuss with you. I try to be nice to some of you who have caused grief for me in the past, but it never works, so I won't even bother trying anymore. Afterall, it's only the Offspring bbs on the Internet, big fucking deal! Nothing serious about this! heh I am what you all made me.

sKratch
01-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Linda, I say this objectively, because really I've never given you many problems. Stop being a bitch.

So many pregnant teenagers? What's the ratio of pregnant to non-pregnant teenagers?
And that 50% statistic is terrible, because in Africa and other parts of the world, AIDS is a huge problem.

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Very interesting reading. There are an estimated 40 million people infected with HIV worldwide. That's more than the population of Canada.

http://www.worldvision.ca/home/media/temp/HIVAIDSTopicPages.pdf

Teen Pregnancy

The teen birth rate has declined slowly but steadily from 1991 to 2001 with an overall decline of 26 percent for those aged 15 to 19.

Nearly four in 10 young women become pregnant at least once before they reach the age of 20-nearly one million a year Eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 79 percent are to unmarried teens.

One of every 3 girls has had sex by age 16, 2 out of 3 by age 18. Two of 3 boys have had sex by age 18.

Fewer than half of high school students have had sex.

Teen mothers are less likely to complete high school, (only one-third receive a high school diploma) and more likely to end up on welfare (nearly 80 percent of unmarried teen mothers end up on welfare).

The United States has the highest rates of teen pregnancy and births in the western industrialized world. Teen pregnancy costs the United States at least $7 billion annually.

A majority of both girls and boys who are sexually active wish they had waited. Eight in ten girls and six in ten boys say they wish they had waited until they were older to have sex.

The younger a teenaged girl is when she has sex for the first time, the more likely she is to have had unwanted or non-voluntary sex. Close to four in ten girls who had first intercourse at 13 or 14 report it was either non-voluntary or unwanted.

HIV/AIDS

Twenty-five percent of U.S. high school students said that they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs when they last engaged in sexual activity.

Half of all new infections are thought to occur in people under 25.

Almost 50% of teachers who teach about HIV/AIDS reported spending only one or two class periods on the topic.

In a recent survey, 87% of young Americans said they do not believe they are at risk for HIV infection.

Each year 3,000 adolescents contract sexually transmitted diseases, which is about one in four sexually experienced teens.

Young Americans between the ages of 13 and 24 are still contracting HIV at the rate of 2 per hour.

All statistics I find seem to target the US. Perhaps other countries are hiding theirs?

Linda
01-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Linda, I say this objectively, because really I've never given you many problems. Stop being a bitch.

Oh, I see, I'm a bitch for stating my opinion, but you and David aren't?
Interesting, but how do you figure? General concensis here is that you all can have opinions and it's OK, but it's not OK for ME to have opinions?
I think the better OBJECTIVE saying here would be, sKratch & David, stop being pricks.

I just wanted to add, you're not even protected 100% against contracting HIV with protection, i.e. a condom. One little hole in that condom, while having intercourse with an infected partner, and you've got it. Just some food for thought.

http://public.cctt.org/aparker/molecularmachines/component1.htm

HIV/AIDS is the greatest threat to Africaís population.

Another group that is largely affected by HIV/AIDS is the age group between 15 and 25 in the United States. Many of the people in that age group have unprotected sex with numerous partners and donít realize what could be happening within their own bodies. And because they are in that age group they rarely have the responsibility or care to get tested for HIV. In other cases they are under the impression that once you get checked, you never need another test again. However you should get tested after every encounter, because birth control doesnít ward of HIV and contraceptives donít always work. You should DEFINITELY get tested after all unprotected sex. This way you can learn about any infection before you get AIDS. At least precautions can be taken to prevent you from developing AIDS if you know about HIV. However, teenagers and young adults donít think or care about these facts, even though these statistics and facts are taught in just about every science, social studies, and/or health class in America. Yet adolescents are the ones who suffer with the illness most.

Not only does HIV/AIDS have a horrible impact on peopleís lives but it also hurts the economy. Our nation isnít suffering as much as Africa, but we are the second worst infected continent on the planet. Itís mostly in our youth. One infection in one person can take out large numbers of youths in their town. You only need the right contacts and sexual activity in one town to take out fifty or maybe one hundred people.

Global Estimates of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, as of end 2003.

People newly infected with HIV in 2003
-------Estimate Range #
Total 5 Million (4.2 - 5.8 Million)
Adults 4.2 Million (3.6 - 4.8 Million)
Children <15 years 700, 000 (590, 000 -
810, 000)

Number of people living with HIV/AIDS in 2003
-------Estimate Range #
Total 40 Million (34 - 46 Million)
Adults 37 Million (3.6 - 4.8 Million)
Children <15 years 2.5 Million (2.1 - 2.9 Million)

AIDS deaths in 2003
-------Estimate Range #
Total 3 Million (2.5 - 3.5 Million)
Adults 2.5 Million (2.1 - 2.9 Million)
Children <15 years 500, 000 (420, 000 - 580, 000)

Total no. of AIDS deaths since the beginning of the epidemic until the end of 2001
-------Estimate
Adults 17.5 Million
Children <15 years 4.3 Million

Total no. of AIDS orphans$ since the beginning of the epidemic until the end of 2001
Total 14 Million

I'm sure the numbers have increased immensely since.