PDA

View Full Version : Break

dexter12296566
11-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I saw this thread and a guy posted in it. The name was BREAK. Underneath where the title is it said "Guest". Is that a guest account for anyone or just one specific person? Why doesn't s/he have a profile?

dexter12296566
11-26-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737

BREAK started this thread! Can someone explain this to me???

Rag Doll
11-26-2009, 08:46 AM
He used to be a registered member. He asked for his account to be deleted or deactivated or something. That's why it's like that. Users cannot posts as guests.

dexter12296566
11-26-2009, 08:56 AM
He used to be a registered member. He asked for his account to be deleted or deactivated or something. That's why it's like that. Users cannot posts as guests.

So because his account was deactivated he is the only person that can post as a guest. That makes more sense because before I registered it told me I had to sign in to post!

Tijs
11-26-2009, 10:14 AM
First he was a member, during that time he made those threads and posts. After that his account got deleted and he wasn't an existing member anymore, so the posts and threads he made appear like that now. He can't post anymore, not even as a guest.

dexter12296566
11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
First he was a member, during that time he made those threads and posts. After that his account got deleted and he wasn't an existing member anymore, so the posts and threads he made appear like that now. He can't post anymore, not even as a guest.

oh that makes a bit more sense then Rag Dolls. I think I am just dumb and I don't get things...
I was wondering something but didn't know where to ask and I am trying not to start new threads so... what is the difference between friends and contacts? i know if you send someone a frind request even if they dont accept they are on your contacts but i just found out you can add someone to your contacts without friend requests. Oh and Tijs, your good at explaining so will you answer my previous question? When you check your message why does it say pic comments awaiting approval and vms awaiting approval? Is it for 13 and under kids talking to other 13 and under kids or like from someone on ur ignore list?

cool 2 hate 681
12-01-2009, 01:15 AM
i sort of have a similar question why can't i leave oxygene a visitor message?

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Probably because he has them turned off.

TheOldMark
12-01-2009, 02:31 PM

cuz he dont wanna talk to you.

On the topic of break, I seem to recall a large amount of BBS history surrounding him, ragdall, 1565, myself, and an email some asshole forwarded to me. when i questioned why the email was in my possession, all hell broke loose, as i was accused of hacking someones email. And if I recall correctly, this is why 1565 has a moderator position. I couldnt tell you how many years ago this was, maybe 9 or 10 years ago. fuck im gettin old.

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
On the topic of break, I seem to recall a large amount of BBS history surrounding him, ragdall, 1565, myself, and an email some asshole forwarded to me. when i questioned why the email was in my possession, all hell broke loose, as i was accused of hacking someones email. And if I recall correctly, this is why 1565 has a moderator position. I couldnt tell you how many years ago this was, maybe 9 or 10 years ago. fuck im gettin old.

What, pray tell, are you on? Only asking as I want to be absolutely sure I never take it myself.

TheOldMark
12-01-2009, 03:20 PM
What, pray tell, are you on? Only asking as I want to be absolutely sure I never take it myself.

i ate a handful of craisins before. theyre like dried cranberries. nicotine, and pot.

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
if I recall correctly, this is why 1565 has a moderator position.

Either that, or she got voted in like everyone else in a very public poll that was up in this very forum in 2005 that I THINK (could be wrong) is still accessible via search.

Some people on this BBS are completely insane and it's a little worrisome.

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
The poll was a scam perpetrated by Noodles and the Salvation army. You see they needed an Asian "Woman" in charge so that when they started turning away minorities from their rehab centers they wouldn't look racist, and could give the example of their token minority hire. But they screwed up, and JN was given the nod too. That was one minority too many for Noodles, who later realised that he doesn't work for the Salvation Army, so this made no sense at all. He then lost interest and bought a cat he named "administrator2" The cat is still learning how to type, and so administrator2 hasn't posted yet.

YET. Don't say I didn't warn you that one day very soon, we'll be at the mercy of an albino american shorthair.

cool 2 hate 681
12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Probably because he has them turned off.

ok thanks i didn't notice you could turn them off

cuz he dont wanna talk to you.

welcome back:) are you still managing the bands myspace page?

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
The poll was a scam perpetrated by Noodles and the Salvation army. You see they needed an Asian "Woman" in charge so that when they started turning away minorities from their rehab centers they wouldn't look racist, and could give the example of their token minority hire. But they screwed up, and JN was given the nod too. That was one minority too many for Noodles, who later realised that he doesn't work for the Salvation Army, so this made no sense at all. He then lost interest and bought a cat he named "administrator2" The cat is still learning how to type, and so administrator2 hasn't posted yet.

DVIDohcf v

TO SPEAK IS TO SUPPORT THE ENEMY!!

TO SPEAK IS TO SUPPORT THE ENEMY!!

TO SPEAK IS TO SUPPORT THE ENEMY!!!

_Lost_
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
welcome back:) are you still managing the bands myspace page?

Didn't Dexter make a real ass out of him for posting that he was editing pages and the like? I seem to remember it as a pretty epic pwn.

TheOldMark
12-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Didn't Dexter make a real ass out of him for posting that he was editing pages and the like? I seem to remember it as a pretty epic pwn.

I'm not going to renew old debates you guys will never concede, but, dexter did call me out for posting excerpts from an email he sent me. Most people made this into a big deal because they were jealous I had direct communication with him. Based on what Dexter has personally given me before and after that, this was a minor blip in my eyes.

I wish we could dig up the posts circa 1998-2002. There was alot going on [in everyones defense, who are still active members, everyone was immature at that time]. My whole point was, I believe the greatest shift in Offspring BBS history, from constructive friendly conversation to vicious elitist stifling and general chaos, resulted from issues stemming with characters named "breakyoself", "dexsgirl" "Mark" and "Little Miss 1565" [I could be wrong on these exact user names]. The chaos that ensued is what placed 1565 in a mod position, before 2005. I could be sketchy on some of these details, as many years have passed, but thats generally what happened.

Oh yeah and that whore thats like 60yrs old that would come in here, haha, she was a problem too.

IamSam
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I didn't realize it was OldMark season again.

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Moderators Wanted: Read for details (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9576)
Vote for Offspring.com Moderators (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10839)

_Lost_
12-01-2009, 06:56 PM
umm no mark. I was talking about this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29227) thread. More specifically this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1008240&postcount=82) post.

lol I forget sometimes of how batshit crazy mark is.

EDIT: hahaha! early or4ng3 posts.

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2009, 09:45 PM
LOL Mark. If I'd been squelching the peasantses for so long, I'd hope I would be better at it. I'm a little ashamed I'm not an expert rabble-squelcher by now. :( But way to go at hijacking yet another thread to make it ENTIRELY ABOUT YOU! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU! You're not here to reignite debate over things you will always be wrong about but you'll stir the pot as much as you can then run away! See you on the F train. And I'm totally jealous of your relationship with Dexter.

YET. Don't say I didn't warn you that one day very soon, we'll be at the mercy of an albino american shorthair.

And for this, if I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Damn, it doesn't even let me put the words "Forum" or "Moderator" in my title.

You had no idea how may times I had to rephrase this title without it sounding like I moderated penises.

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Awesome.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2iqoj2x.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
they were jealous I had direct communication with him.

hahahAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidewinder
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I look at this thread and I giggle.

TheOldMark
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
i giggle too - you guys are redic.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
you guys are redic.

I swear to God I'm not going to let this thing drag out the way so many arguments have in the past, but you DO realize you accused people of being jealous that you had direct communication with Dexter, right? I canNOT be the only one who thinks that is a hilarious comment...

Al Coholic
12-03-2009, 08:44 PM
No JN, we kind of pity you. We can see right through what you're doing. You laugh to cover your tears of jealousy. It's not your fault man, Dexter's a busy guy and a direct line is hard to come by. But seriously, cut the act. You're embarrasing yourself.

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I canNOT be the only one who thinks that is a hilarious comment...

Mainly because it's mostly leveled at me.

BTW, Mark, feel free to keep not dragging this on like you said you didn't want to do, not to mention circling the same boring drain with the same boring argument you've been occasionally returning with for the last two years. You know, if you didn't keep reminding everyone about it, people might eventually have forgotten.

Sidewinder
12-04-2009, 02:38 AM
No joke. Most people make an ass of themselves at one point or another, but refusing to admit it and dragging it out just makes it more unforgettable and more annoying.

_Lost_
12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Lol, Sarah, maybe he's just jealous of you because you have connections in high places and Dexter won't answer his emails anymore.

Sidewinder
12-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Sarah's in with Sidewinder, who cares about Dexter?

Al Coholic
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
1565's not really in with you, sidewinder. Me and her devised a plan to steal the bricks in your cocaine stash. We'd funnel it through the junkies at the salvation army rehab, and launder our earnings through their shitty thrift stores. Then we'd use the drugmoney to finance a campaign against Noodle's ambitiously tyrannical cat. By overcoming administrator2, or 'duecey' as he calls him, I would earn enough popularity to be a shoe-in for an unpaid moderator job. Using the money from that job we'd be stable enough to live in the back of my car and rent some patio furniture. Unfortunetly, you don't have a cocaine stash, so she slept with you for nothing. Funny story though, apparently your junk curves to the left, so we had many a laugh at your expense, given how appropriate your username is. Really, really great thing that you weren't gay, cause I don't think I could've gone through with it.

Sorry Sarah, we really gotta think these plans through a bit better. We'll rent that patio furniture one day.

Oxygene
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM

Sarah's right.. I have turned them off.. I don't like them. You can PMme tho :)