PDA

View Full Version : My new drum set! :-D

offsrx
11-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Hey guys! I am a guitarist, but now I have bought myself a drum set!
I'm creating a home studio, so anyone who comes 2 my house, we can play :D(the Offspring 4 example)
And I've bought Pearl World series, and it is consisted out of:

-hi hat paiste 101
-rack tom
-another rack tom
-floor tom
-bass drum
-snare
-pedestals for everything that I've said up here, and 2 more pedestals for ride and crash cymbals.

So anyways my drum set is EXCELLENT! :)
I really love 2 play it with my friends, and I'm learning how 2 play drums right now. But I don't have a Ride and Crash cymbals, because they were not on sale(I bought them from some guy). So I was wondering if you guys can do me a favour and tell me:
-What kind of cymbals is Pete Parada using(so that i can buy them, and play every Offspring song on drums :D)
And I will upload a picture of them, as soon as I realise HOW??? :confused:

Thomas
11-28-2009, 04:30 AM
First of all, don't buy cymbals because your favorite drummer plays them. That's just plain silly. Buy cymbals that sound good to your ears. The cymbals (or drums) a certain drummer endorses may not be the ones they use in the studio. For example, Lars Ulrich of Metallica is a long-time endorser of Tama drums, but when he records in the studio, that famous bass drum sound of his actually comes out of a Gretsch drum.

I recommend going used to buy your cymbals. You can get some really good deals on really good cymbals that way. I'd recommend any used Avedis Zildjian. You can't go wrong. Try to avoid sheet cymbals (Zildjian Zbt, Sabian B8, Paiste 101, 201, 301, 402, etc) and stick with cast cymbals. If you play them correctly, they will literally last you an entire lifetime.

If you have any questions about drums, cymbals, hardware, sticks, etc. feel free to send me a pm. I've been involved deeply with drums and percussion for about a decade now and I'd rather you didn't make the same mistakes I made when learning to play or buying new gear.

offsrx
11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
First of all, don't buy cymbals because your favorite drummer plays them. That's just plain silly. Buy cymbals that sound good to your ears. The cymbals (or drums) a certain drummer endorses may not be the ones they use in the studio. For example, Lars Ulrich of Metallica is a long-time endorser of Tama drums, but when he records in the studio, that famous bass drum sound of his actually comes out of a Gretsch drum.

I recommend going used to buy your cymbals. You can get some really good deals on really good cymbals that way. I'd recommend any used Avedis Zildjian. You can't go wrong. Try to avoid sheet cymbals (Zildjian Zbt, Sabian B8, Paiste 101, 201, 301, 402, etc) and stick with cast cymbals. If you play them correctly, they will literally last you an entire lifetime.

If you have any questions about drums, cymbals, hardware, sticks, etc. feel free to send me a pm. I've been involved deeply with drums and percussion for about a decade now and I'd rather you didn't make the same mistakes I made when learning to play or buying new gear.

It doesn't matter what he uses in studio and what he uses live. He plays almost same sound live as that one in the studio, and as I can see he only has 3-4 cymbals, and I'm not a drummer, I'm a guitarist, so that's why I don't know a damn thing about cymbals and drums, so I think that Pete is not using some crappy cymbals. And that's why I'm just curious :
-what cymbals is he using, and how much are they?
I'm not gonna buy them until next year so I'm kinda gathering information about them.. Okay, Thomas, I'll send you a p.m. but I still want answer of Pete's eqipment..?

m.offspring.r
11-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Thomas, one question: What is you opinion about Ahead drum sticks (7A)?

dexter12296566
11-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't get to pick what I get. I got the cheapest on eBay and whatever Wilki gave me but it turned out to be a great set! I use REMO heads! They make a great sound!

Thomas
11-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Thomas, one question: What is you opinion about Ahead drum sticks (7A)?

Not a fan.

offsrx
11-29-2009, 05:12 AM
I don't get to pick what I get. I got the cheapest on eBay and whatever Wilki gave me but it turned out to be a great set! I use REMO heads! They make a great sound!

You play drums? you do music? u're 16. right?

offsrx
11-29-2009, 05:13 AM
But anyways, there was on old offspring web site a list of Offsprings eqipment, so does anybody know what is Pete using now? I'm just curious..?

m.offspring.r
11-29-2009, 05:27 AM
But anyways, there was on old offspring web site a list of Offsprings eqipment, so does anybody know what is Pete using now? I'm just curious..?

pete's drum set: http://web.mac.com/peteparada/Site/Set_Up.html

DMelges
11-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Offsrx, how about a picture of your drum set? :D

dexter12296566
11-29-2009, 11:26 AM
You play drums? you do music? u're 16. right?

I am fifteen and yes, I play drums. I also play guitar and I sing. Yes I write music. I also play a bit of piano(I'm not sure how well I still play. I played a bit when I was about seven)

nameless
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
i liked the information on pete, it helped clear up a few things as well!

SåS
11-30-2009, 06:00 AM
wow pete's setup is interesting, its given me some ideas :P

its wierd how he his high-hats almost straight infront of his snare, but i like how he has a tom left of his snare.

nameless
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
wow pete's setup is interesting, its given me some ideas :P

its wierd how he his high-hats almost straight infront of his snare, but i like how he has a tom left of his snare.

i didnt notice the hit hat at first. i would have thought it would have gotten in the way a bit, but still if it suits him then its fine!

m.offspring.r
12-03-2009, 01:28 AM
where is the pics?

offsrx
12-03-2009, 03:56 AM
where is the pics?

Pics of my drum set? I'll post it in my photo album soon.

i found this on google:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29963079/Pete+Parada+Pete_Parada.jpg

offsrx
12-03-2009, 04:05 AM
YESSSSSS! I FOUND PETE PARADA'S DRUM SET! :

http://web.mac.com/peteparada/Site/Set_Up.html

Hah, I just wanted 2 send him a e-mail about asking him what set is he using :D
Pete is very cool guy..

RODNEYMULLEN
12-03-2009, 04:39 AM
It doesn't matter what he uses in studio and what he uses live. He plays almost same sound live as that one in the studio, and as I can see he only has 3-4 cymbals, and I'm not a drummer, I'm a guitarist, so that's why I don't know a damn thing about cymbals and drums, so I think that Pete is not using some crappy cymbals. And that's why I'm just curious :
-what cymbals is he using, and how much are they?
I'm not gonna buy them until next year so I'm kinda gathering information about them.. Okay, Thomas, I'll send you a p.m. but I still want answer of Pete's eqipment..?

Pete parada has never recorded in the studio with offspring (to any of our knowledge).

offsrx
12-03-2009, 05:32 AM
And finally here's my drum set. check out tha pics in my photo albooom:):

http://www.offspring.com/forums/album.php?albumid=624

Thomas
12-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks like you might have a potentially nice kit there. I'd suggest fixing your tom angles, though. They are facing in toward each other, and that'll make it difficult to play most fills.

nameless
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
i just noiticed petes blog on the site, theres no great detail about the offspring on the oens i looked at briefly but its still worth a look!

dexter12296566
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
i just noiticed petes blog on the site, theres no great detail about the offspring on the oens i looked at briefly but its still worth a look!

Pete has a blog? Here?

cool 2 hate 681
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Pete has a blog? Here?

no he has one on his own website

http://web.mac.com/peteparada/Site/Home.html

offsrx
12-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like you might have a potentially nice kit there. I'd suggest fixing your tom angles, though. They are facing in toward each other, and that'll make it difficult to play most fills.

yeah, i was wondering on how to fix that angle of those rack toms, but a pro drummer came 2 my house and he got it! :D

Ok, so now I'm learning 2 play Offspring songs, and I've found out that playing punk is the most difficult music for a drummer!
Anyways my leg hearts, and I've noticed that there are more techniques on foot playing, so can anyone give me a tip how to play hammerhead or session? I know the rhythm, but leg hurts.. And I get tiered very soon..

nameless
12-30-2009, 04:17 PM
id say different people find certain styles easier, you need to work up to the faster punk songs, build up the endurance levels etc. otherwise they just fall flat! might be better off starting with songs like pretty fly or dirty magic, they are pretty simple to begin with!