PDA

View Full Version : Thought 15

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Is there anything less smooth then when you sip your drink and accidentally inhale a small portion? It's literally better to fart sometimes. Immediately you know you're going to have a coughing fit, and it may last for several minutes. You'll try to clear your throught and then give it one or two really big coughs but it doesn't work. If you're lucky you'll have a minute to say in a funny sounding voice you need to use the restroom, but more often then not you're just going to look really bad for a few minutes. Sure, it's usually not a big deal, but god damn, you'd think we'd have evolved past this.

Rooster
12-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Exactly what happened to me on monday. But in a worse way - i was out drinking with my buddies and accidentally inhaled honey liquor (not the same as mead, more than twice as strong, it would be best described as schnapps with honey flavour, just a bit more dense). It burned like hell.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh, so fucking true. Though if you're like me and most of your charm comes from being a total dork anyway, it's possible to use this kind of mishap in your favor and incorporate it into just another part of your silly persona.

In public, I'd still rather do this than fart, though.

_Lost_
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
yeah... i agree with ricky. farts are for friends and family. coughing fits don't embarrass me so much.

SweetTatyana
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
This happened to me with tequila once, it was actually painful

Llamas
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I've never found a coughing fit to be embarrassing. Farting is awkward as fuck. When someone has a coughing fit, everyone else usually has a quick moment of worry, followed by a little smile, and asking if the person's okay. When someone farts, it's usually followed by either awkward finger-pointing, or everyone pretending nothing happened/denial. I'd much rather have a coughing fit.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
For lotsa reasons, coughing fits are different when they're the result of drink inhalation. They feel/look different to others, and it's also the fact that it happens right as you're in this perfectly normal ho-hum social situation, etc.

T-6005
12-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I always deny my farts. ALWAYS.

Al Coholic
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not just talking about coughing fits. I mean when you inhale liquid, and you're watering at the eyes, sputtering, choking, and gasping. Atleast with a fart it's over in a second. Those episodes can take minutes.