PDA

View Full Version : Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro got on white Schengen! YIIIIPEEEEE!!!!!! :D

offsrx
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
F-ING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally i can live like a human being!
And of corse, I can go on a Offspring show wherever I want! :D
YEESSSSSSSSS! :D

Blackball_
12-04-2009, 10:15 AM
so how long where each of those independent countries? 15 years? :(

offsrx
12-05-2009, 04:01 AM
well FYROM is 2 me stupid, because Serbia is FYRO, so as Croatia, BIH, Slovenia etc...
Nope 20 fucking long years whiteout white schengen.. My lifetime..
And now I only need money so I can go somewhere.. :P

Jesus
12-05-2009, 05:20 AM
it's with, not white btw. ;).

Lets just hope they don't do a UK & Ireland only tour then =p. Cause for as long as the daily mail is still considered a source of news there instead of a bastion of xenophobia, they won't opt-in.

wheelchairman
12-05-2009, 06:47 AM
People who insist on FYROM are pretty annoying. WE GET IT, YOU'RE GREEK.

offsrx
12-06-2009, 04:23 AM
WE GET IT, YOU'RE GREEK.

Was that pointed to me?

Llamas
12-06-2009, 05:00 AM
I'm glad Jesus explained that white = with... I had no idea what was going on. I actually just found out what Schengen meant a few weeks ago. And I lived in a Schengen state (Austria) for 6 months, plus I'd been here (Czech) for 2.5 months.

Anyway, I'd definitely never heard FYROM... stupid. I mean, I understand it being the "official" name for it, but how irritating to insist on it. I wouldn't want to always say that I'm from the FYROM.

Cool that Serbia, Macedonia, and Montenegro got in. Makes me really wonder for how much longer Turkey is gonna carry on with their bullshit before they finally move forward and get in.

wheelchairman
12-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Was that pointed to me?

Nope, referring to Maria.

offsrx
12-09-2009, 05:08 AM
it's with, not white btw. ;).

nope, I'm pretty shure it's WHITE SCHENGEN, cause I've just have been invited 2 a "White Schengen Party"..

Jesus
12-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Technically you are correct, we also call it over here (in Flemish) a "white schengen list" and a "black Schengen list" to indicate whether you need a visa to travel or not, cause "white" in Flemish isn't used in reference to skin color. But nowadays it's not common to call it white Schengen in political correct English, cause people tend to make a link with white supremacists and racists when they hear white Schengen list in English ;).

Lets just say that I advise you not to go on marching in a foreign country and scream "white Schengen" in public, it might cause you a few problems :D.

RageAndLov
12-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I've never heard of this Schengen treaty but apparently I live in a country that's a part of it.

offsrx
12-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Technically you are correct, we also call it over here (in Flemish) a "white schengen list" and a "black Schengen list" to indicate whether you need a visa to travel or not, cause "white" in Flemish isn't used in reference to skin color. But nowadays it's not common to call it white Schengen in political correct English, cause people tend to make a link with white supremacists and racists when they hear white Schengen list in English ;).

Lets just say that I advise you not to go on marching in a foreign country and scream "white Schengen" in public, it might cause you a few problems :D.

thanks 4 useful advice ;)

offsrx
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
As far as I am aware, neither Serbia nor FYROM nor any other former yugoslav republic was the birthplace of the greatest conqueror that the world ever saw. A man, a Macedonian, who blazed a trail few dared to follow. There was Louis XIV, there was Napoleon, and there were others, who took him as their emblem. Always emulating, never equalling.

He was born in a northern Greek province, the son of a king and soon to rise above his father. If acknowledgement of any sort is due to Alexander the Great, then surely it must follow that the province where he was born should not see its name usurped by a country whose claim to fame is yet to come to my attention. I have named FYROM.

Pending a UN resolution that will let the dust settle, the wisest course would be not to call it a "stupid" decision, but rather to understand why it was called for. Misnaming countries will only add to this world's misery.

WTF?!
This is not a thread about some political leader/s, this is a thread about entering three countries into free visa regime on Schengen space

offsrx
01-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I know what the Schengen space is. I live in France, wakey wakey, not in some backwat... Balkan place.

U're sarcasticly funny. So I laugh sarcasticly. ha.ha.ha.

U mean we all have called U out by saying that FYROM is stupid rather than Macedonia?
I wasn't being aggressive, just confused..