PDA

View Full Version : Rebelliosness

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:08 PM
So the kids at school call me a "Goody Two-shoes"(Whatever the fuck that is) and are trying to get me to do something rebellious. What is something(not illegal) I can do that is rebellious

Harleyquiiinn
12-05-2009, 06:10 PM
So the kids at school call me a "Goody Two-shoes"(Whatever the fuck that is) and are trying to get me to do something rebellious. What is something(not illegal) I can do that is rebellious

If it doesn't break some rules, it isn't rebellious.

But if you truly want to be rebellious Dexter12296566, don't do what they want you to do and you'll break the rule of conformism, which isn't illegal per se.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
If it doesn't break some rules, it isn't rebellious.

But if you truly want to be rebellious Dexter12296566, don't do what they want you to do and you'll break the rule of conformism, which isn't illegal per se.

Well I have wanted to do something a little bad for a while. I want to. I just don't want to do something really bad!

EDIT: I wanted to get my haircut but my mother said "no" so they said, get it cut anyway. So I bugged my mother and she is makin an appointment soon but it turns out if you have permission it isn't rebellious. I don't want to ruin my record for bein good and trustwrthy tho!

Lizardus
12-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Wear a different pair of boots.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:16 PM

What???? They said to wear a different shoe on each foot because I would get in trouble with my mother but then I would just look stupid!

DMelges
12-05-2009, 06:19 PM
We want you bad, girl.

Get a tattoo.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
We want you bad, girl.

Get a tattoo.

Most people in my family are allergic to the ink and I have a lot of allergies so i dont want to risk it. I might be dying my hair a lighter blonde color

DMelges
12-05-2009, 06:25 PM
You can't be allergic to ink, not unless you have some kind of disease. Believe me, I have 2 tattoos and have seen friends getting tattoos. Really, really rare to be allergic to tattoo ink.
And dying your hair lighter isn't rebelious, but dying your hair darker is a start.

livrose95
12-05-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9dCKvX-7Y
pack up ur rules.....vandalize ;)

Harleyquiiinn
12-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I am not saying this in a mean way at all, so please take this the wrong way.

Do you realize how absurd it is to want to do something rebellious to belong to a group ? :confused:

nieh
12-05-2009, 06:31 PM

How spontaneous!

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I am not saying this in a mean way at all, so please take this the wrong way.

Do you realize how absurd it is to want to do something rebellious to belong to a group ? :confused:

it isnt to belong to a group. i said i have wanted to for a long time. I begged my mom for years to let me get a mowhawk but i recently gave up! i am tired of the kids at skool. they all got black hair and think they r punk. I always say that aint punk. ur attitude is punk. goin around sayin u r isnt. plus they listen to screamo call it punk and say offspring is poppy shit just lookin for money. the last thing i want to do is be like them!

_Lost_
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Isn't being rebellious generally spurred by the wish to do something even though its not "allowed"? I don't think doing something illegal is rebellious. Its just stupid.

Bleach your hair and then dye it all multicolored like EccentricSara. Now SHE is rebellious. :rolleyes:

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Isn't being rebellious generally spurred by the wish to do something even though its not "allowed"? I don't think doing something illegal is rebellious. Its just stupid.

Bleach your hair and then dye it all multicolored like EccentricSara. Now SHE is rebellious. :rolleyes:

No... all the kids at school do that! I don't want to be like them. They are emo. I am not like them! I don't want to be! Smash describes me! (I finally tagged a thread)

nieh
12-05-2009, 06:41 PM

<3
But if other people dye their hairs the same way, she'll no longer be a beautiful and unique snowflake.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
<3
But if other people dye their hairs the same way, she'll no longer be a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Aww do you actual think that about me(I bet that was sarcasm). Any way, I do not want to be emo and shit. I am me! That is who I am. Like no one else !

_Lost_
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
No, she will be because she did it before all those poseurs.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM

but if i did it it wouldnt be before them.

nieh
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM

And after all those OTHER posers.

_Lost_
12-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Exactly. See? You get it! But don't forget that you don't understand her, because no one is going to understand her.

DMelges
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
You already are being rebellious dexternumbers. you are not what they want you to be.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
In response to _lost_ and neih. I never was allowed to get the mowhawk and i will not be seen like them. a few of them are cool but most just do it to be cool when that isnt who they are. I am not doin the rebellious thing to fit in. i hate ppl who do things just to fit in. I would rather have them hate me than like who i am pretending to be. if i act like myself when they come along, i will know who my real friends are and i am not gonna change myself for acceptance. They still won't accept me, they accept the "mask I am wearing"

_Lost_
12-05-2009, 06:56 PM
dexternumbers, we aren't talking about you.

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
You already are being rebellious dexternumbers. you are not what they want you to be.

Wow I never thought about it that way!

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
dexternumbers, we aren't talking about you.

u need to be more specific!

dexter12296566
12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Wait... does that mean I'm not a beautiful, unique snowflake? :(

Ryder1234
12-05-2009, 09:32 PM
No, they were not referring to you.

But, something good did come of this: you figured it out by yourself! LOLOMG

Eccentric Sara
12-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes,I am fully aware that I am about as rebellious as a potato!:-D I dye my hair rainbow-coloured and wear colourful clothes,odd boots etc because I like looking like this-not to rebel!:-)
Surely the best thing to do is do what makes you feel happy and be true to yourself,rather than making a conscious effort to rebel,purely for the sake of it,or to"fit in"?:-)

jacknife737
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Use the metric system exclusively; confuse your classmates with your crazy talk of "centimeters" and "milileteres"

Also, you could spell word's the proper way; start using the "u's" where they're supposed to be; ie instead of color, spell it coloUr. It's totally crazy!

I may be ten years old but I still know what's up.
I wear my Cramps shirt almost
every single day. I want to sag my pants.
I want to pogo dance, but Mom won't let me so I might just run away.
I wanna ride my skate. I wanna stay out late.
I wanna mohawk but mom won't let me get one.
I wanna go to shows.
Don't wanna pierce my nose.
I wanna get a mohawk but mom won't let me get one.
I may be in fourth grade, but I know what's going on.
I listen to the Misfits almost every single day.
Don't want to take a nap, I want a TV tat,
but Mom won't let me so I might just disobey.

Al Coholic
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Yes,I am fully aware that I am about as rebellious as a potato!:-D I dye my hair rainbow-coloured and wear colourful clothes,odd boots etc because I like looking like this-not to rebel!:-)
Surely the best thing to do is do what makes you feel happy and be true to yourself,rather than making a conscious effort to rebel,purely for the sake of it,or to"fit in"?:-)

Actually this is a very valid point. Individuality in modern society can often be a one-up of the lesser step. For example:

1) The stereotypical trend-following person
2) The stereotypical anti-trend following person who often follows a marketed 'counter-culture' set of trends. i.e., the negative stereotype of a hot-topic shopper who thinks it's cool to be the 'different' than type 1. They're essentially part of an 'anti-popculture' popculture.
3) the anti-counter-culture person. This one isn't so stereotypical. This person despises the second type because they represent hypocrasy. The second type is obviously a different shade of the first. This type is often the most narcissistic because they're aware of the shortcomings of the second's logic, and are quick to attack it, making themselves feel smarter in this one-up. And they are, very slightly. However, they're only a small notch up. Their individuality is often against anything popculture, including the second kind. But defining yourself as an individual because you cannot be lumped in with any specific group isn't much of a definition of oneself. You're not being yourself because you're still very much a direct product of your environment.

And so, eccentric sarah, though your hairstyle is stereotypically the second kind, it's all about the meaning behind it. While we're all a product of our environment, it depends on how shallowly. If it's because you want to be different than your type1's, well that's pretty gay. If you do it because you like it regardless(wether or not your type1's and 3's loved or hated it), that's kind of cool.

Whoever thought a stupid hairstyle could be so deep.

Eccentric Sara
12-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Thankyou.:-) I do it for the last reason you mentioned.My appearance is a form of self-expression for me,and the way I dress or have my hair isnt really related to other people's opinions,or how other people choose to style themselves.The only opinion of myself I value is my own,and since becoming apathetic about what other people are doing or thinking,Ive been much happier.:-)

Lizardus
12-05-2009, 11:43 PM
I want to put you inside a fish tank and look at you all day.

Al Coholic
12-05-2009, 11:47 PM
It's coolYou know what would be really predictable and not at all funny? Quoting "I'm not a trendy asshole do what I want, do what I feeeeel like"
10 characters.

dexter12296566
12-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Wait... so seriously, I am not a beautiful, unique snowflake? Awww... I want to be a snowflake!

Rooster
12-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Wait... so seriously, I am not a beautiful, unique snowflake? Awww... I want to be a snowflake!

Are you sure about this? Because snowflakes melt...

If you want to do something rebellious, then do what YOU want because you like it, doing it just because you don't want to fit into a group of certain people isn't the best idea. Look at the stereotypical tru-punx for example - mohawks, torn up jeans, chains,... They wear that to reject what's supposed to be socially accepted, but they don't realise that by wearing all that stuff they themselves are a part of a counter-culture and they unknowingly accept the rules (which ultimately destroys the purpouse of being a rebel to reject the rules in the first place). They don't have their own individuality, they are all similar to eachother, and yet they keep saying how individual and rebellious they are.

But if you do something because you feel like it and you really disagree with the other's point of view, then THAT's rebellious. Being yourself is rebellious.

dexter12296566
12-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Well when I wanted the mowhawk it was because I wanted it. If I fit in, fine, as long as I am being me. If, I don't, whatever. My goal is to stay me whether I fit in or not! If it is something rebellious but I don't want to do it, I won't!

EDIT: I only do what I want to when I want to. I don't do what other people tell me to. It may have been someone else's suggestion but if I don't like the idea, I won't do it!

dexter12296566
12-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Oh and you can preserve snowflakes so they will never melt and every single one is beautiful, intricate and unique!

wheelchairman
12-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Stalk. date. kill. bury. repeat.

Thank you insanity wolf. (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1e/Insanity-Wolf-You-call-that-i-knife-I-call-it-A-Dildo.jpg)

Little_Miss_1565
12-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Dexternumbers, how funny that another advice thread you posted followed the plot to a South Park episode, and in this one you reference two punk rock songs of the 90s.

Harleyquiiinn
12-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Dexternumbers, how funny that another advice thread you posted followed the plot to a South Park episode, and in this one you reference two punk rock songs of the 90s.

Which episode ? Which songs ? :D

Anyway, maybe Dexter12296566 became a fan of South Park. I was pleased to see she recently joined the "Respect my Autoritah!" group.

(A very cool group, with very nice and funny people in it, if you want to join, click on my signature :D )

ninthz
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Aspies shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

Blitz!
12-06-2009, 12:11 PM

I am me! That is who I am. Like no one else !

First, you want to know what you can do impress these other kids and then you say you don't want to be like them because you are you ... a complete contradiction in terms

dexter12296566
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Which episode ? Which songs ? :D

Anyway, maybe Dexter12296566 became a fan of South Park. I was pleased to see she recently joined the "Respect my Autoritah!" group.
Actually I have liked South Park for a while(just a few episodes I don't like) I loved the movie!
(A very cool group, with very nice and funny people in it, if you want to join, click on my signature :D )

First, you want to know what you can do impress these other kids and then you say you don't want to be like them because you are you ... a complete contradiction in terms

Well actually I had already wanted to do something rebellious but I never did!

dexter12296566
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM

Two songs??? What South Park episode???

Ryder1234
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
The South Park episode was the Trent Boyette one. I didn't follow this thread so I don't know the songs.

Adriann
12-07-2009, 02:39 AM

stay good, don't conform to what your friends want from you. that shit's for fags.

WebDudette
12-07-2009, 03:26 AM
South Park is a bad, that's all.

Little_Miss_1565
12-07-2009, 06:48 AM
The South Park episode was the Trent Boyette one. I didn't follow this thread so I don't know the songs.

AFI's "I Want a Mohawk But Mom Won't Let Me Get One," then later "Smash."

Ryder1234
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Ah yes that would be them.

So, should we be checking all her threads for this kind of thing? Seems to be a riddle of sorts.

Al Coholic
12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
It's more of a red flag than a riddle.

Ryder1234
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Meh, common sense tells me to agree, but who knows with her.

dexter12296566
12-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Okay I didn't even know AFI had a song like that and I seriously wanted a mowhawk but my over-protective(and over-bearing) mother wouldn't let me get one!

cool 2 hate 681
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Okay I didn't even know AFI had a song like that

i had a feeling you never listened to answer that and stay fashionable

Adriann
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Okay I didn't even know AFI had a song like that and I seriously wanted a mowhawk but my over-protective(and over-bearing) mother wouldn't let me get one!

she probably just didn't want her girl looking like a boy, I don't see why you'd want one

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
AFI's "I Want a Mohawk But Mom Won't Let Me Get One," then later "Smash."

smash as in offspring smash?

Al Coholic
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
No, as in reference to when an unnamed source said the verb as a single word sentence fragment.