PDA

View Full Version : It's been under my nose for decades

Al Coholic
12-07-2009, 05:43 AM
And I literally just realised in the shower, that Magic Johnson has some seriously funny innuendo. And I sat there and thought, "Man, that's funny. If my nickname was magic johnson and I was an all pro-basketball player, I'd be getting laid constantly...that guy probably got all kinds of strange booty...he should watch out for an S.T....oh..."

Ever realise something you should've got years ago?

RageAndLov
12-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I realised that you changed the title of your series of Thoughts.

Oxygene
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
He's been HIV positive for 20 years.. how come he isn't dead yet?

Lizardus
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
He's been HIV positive for 20 years.. how come he isn't dead yet?

Lots and lots of money.

coke_a_holic
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
When I was in 3rd grade, my elementary school had an ex-Harlem Globetrotter/current feel-good-public-speaker named Spinny Johnson come in.

All of us thought he was Magic Johnson because they had the same last name and a weird nickname, and one of the students even asked him if he was. But he wasn't. I can't help but feel like that must've bummed him out... Which is kind of funny.

WebDudette
12-07-2009, 10:54 AM
This isn't actually the same thing, but I'm gonna mention it anyway, and everyone is going to feel better about themselves. It didn't occur to me that Rudy Giuliani was a man until I watched the Seinfeld episode about him a year ago.

I do have some epiphanies that relate to this thread every now and then, I just can't think of any at the moment.

ad8
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Lots and lots of money.
Oh, good old south park memories...

Al Coholic
03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
About a week ago in the shower, it dawned on me that an "Adam's apple" might have something to do with the apple in the story of Adam and Eve. I don't know how I never made the connection. I think I might have thought it wasn't literally spelled apple, but there was a medical term called an "Appaughle" or something, or that it was named by some Dr. Steven Addams, but yeah. I JUST put this together.

Anyone else have experiences like this?

_Lost_
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm always amazed at the things that go right by me. I don't remember my last epiphany, but I remember my sisters head hitting the desk pretty hard.

Llamas
03-03-2010, 03:37 AM
I remember when I realized that "monopoly" was an oxymoron. I'd never split the word into affixes, and since they're pronounced differently as one word, it never clicked. Then one day I was like "OMG I GET IT! THAT'S CLEVER!"

Jules69
03-04-2010, 06:44 PM
About a week ago in the shower, it dawned on me that an "Adam's apple" might have something to do with the apple in the story of Adam and Eve. I don't know how I never made the connection. I think I might have thought it wasn't literally spelled apple, but there was a medical term called an "Appaughle" or something, or that it was named by some Dr. Steven Addams, but yeah. I JUST put this together.

Anyone else have experiences like this?

Sure, my brother and I use to call eyelashes eyeumbrellas.

nieh
03-04-2010, 06:59 PM
That's not the same thing at all.

AD90
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I went to (I believe) a Presbyterian High School.

And in my History class the teacher said something about evolution and I said "Well, we do have 98% of primates brains." or something like that (this is a while ago).

Only with the teacher to respond with "I think you mean the other way round, Ashley."

I didn't get it until one day it clicked.

Paint_It_Black
03-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I think Al needs to shower more.

Andy
03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
If I were in the shower and had Magic Johnson under my nose I would probably avoid going there again for a while.