PDA

View Full Version : My Firefox

Jojan
12-08-2009, 12:04 PM
This is how my Firefox looks like now. Works fine for me. I'm pleased.

Addons:

Adblock Plus
Download Stausbar
Flashblock
Image Zoom
Pimpoflage
RDown
Web Developer
YouTube Comment Snob

I've also done some tweaking in about:config.

http://w1.874.telia.com/~u87430085/firefox.png

Jebus
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM
too cool for a title bar
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/fox.jpg

Markus
12-08-2009, 10:49 PM
IE owns. Firefox is for hacks who cant cut the mustard.

_Lost_
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
My firefox looks just like it did when I updated it. I'm not pleased with it. It keeps crashing randomly.

m.offspring.r
12-09-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm different... I use Opera :D

dexter12296566
12-09-2009, 04:29 AM
I don't know what I use but doesn't Firefox(I know people who use it) also have Adobe photoshop already downloaded?

Jojan
12-09-2009, 04:53 AM
I really didn't like Opera when I tried it. Chrome is better than Opera, in my opinion.

Rooster
12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Is SoulSeek work with Firefox?

:P

holland25
12-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I see what you did there. Or I don't?

Rooster
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I see what you did there. Or I don't?

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

DOES Firefox work with SoulSeek?

holland25
12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Aah, you really meant it... What does SoulSeek have to do with a browser? It's a separate program... Or am I missing something?

And I thought that you were making fun of dexter89734686341's posts about illegal file sharing networks...

Rooster
12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
You had a pretty good idea about what i did there, but still not quite right. You see, there was a post (about two posts before mine) that didn't make sense either...:p

Now, On the Soulseek website it says you need internet explorer 5 or higher, and I was wondering if it would work with FireFox.

Sorry couldn't help it :P

holland25
12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Ohh, that thing. It's just that SoulSeek has his own browser when you start the program, and it cooperates with IE. So no, it won't work with Firefox, you have to have IE. But if I remember correctly, it cannot be deleted from your HDD, so there's no problem. I'm using SoulSeek and Mozilla.

Rooster
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Ohh, that thing. It's just that SoulSeek has his own browser when you start the program, and it cooperates with IE. So no, it won't work with Firefox, you have to have IE. But if I remember correctly, it cannot be deleted from your HDD, so there's no problem. I'm using SoulSeek and Mozilla.

So you are telling me that thread actually made sense (you know where i got that quotes, right)?!?!? Oh shit :D. I still had a god laugh reading it.

Soulseek is great, i'm using it for a few years now.

holland25
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Yes :D At least a tiny bit of sense :D

holland25
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Also:

IE owns. Firefox is for hacks who cant cut the mustard.

My sister recently caught me cuddling with my male friend...

Rooster
12-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Bump...Sorry :P

Can't believe it took me so long to realise that internet explorer is complete shit. I guess i just didn't care before, until it got even slower than before.

Firefox owns.

P.S.: I hope she won't tell your mum about it...:p

Sidewinder
12-26-2009, 08:01 AM
IE is lame.

Firefox works fine and I'm content with it.

Chrome looks awesome but has a clause in its TOS that anything you type anywhere in their browser belongs to Google.

The Talking Pie
12-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Chrome looks awesome but has a clause in its TOS that anything you type anywhere in their browser belongs to Google.

Aside from that being a complete lie, you might want to actually read any and all of Google's TOS. And those of any other company whose products you ever use.

Sidewinder
12-26-2009, 08:59 AM
If it is a complete lie then it hasn't been for very long.

The Talking Pie
12-26-2009, 01:11 PM
8.4 Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on or through the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Google has no obligation to do so on your behalf.

10.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through the Services.

Seems fairly blunt to me. The TOS state exactly the opposite of what you have said. Please show me copies of Google TOS that state otherwise.

In short, stop scare-mongering and do your homework before you open your mouth.

What you believe you are referring to is Google's one enduring claim to your 'information', which comes in the form of browsing statistics and search trends for analytical purposes. And guess what? Every search engine you've ever used does the same, because without mapping search trends of the userbase, a search engine tends to provide pretty shit results. You may also want to avoid voting in the future, lest they hang onto your submission for statistical purposes...

Sidewinder
12-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I never owned a copy of the document myself, but the head of ITS at my university was a professor of mine this past semester and showed the class.

The Talking Pie
12-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Allow me to clarify Google's position:

When you type into the search bar, the drop-down menu gives a list of suggested websites, as well as suggested phrases that you might be typing. This is all Google keep a record of, for the purpose of statistical analysis. They also anonymise the data.

They've always done this. Every time you do a Google search they do this. And it's what helps them deliver such relevant search results.

To make it perfectly clear, Google do not claim ownership of or even keep a record of anything you type 'anywhere' in their browser, it's the words you search for and nothing else. But hey, unless you're a terrorist or a stalker using Google Maps, why would you care what search terms they keep a record of? ;)

Man, I am getting carried away with this, aren't I?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

I'm sorry, you're just unfairly criticising a very excellent piece of software. As a software developer it bugs me to no end when users complain about software violating rights because of some paranoid delusion or mistaken hearsay.