PDA

View Full Version : Student Exchanges

zsk
12-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Did you ever made a student exchange in your life?

if you did:
In which country did you travel? And was that a good experience?

Harleyquiiinn
12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes
Denmark
It was one of the best (I'd say THE best) experience of my life.

You meet tones of new people, you are in a country that you don't know and feel completely free, it's party time... well... all the time... and you learn new things (For example, trying to use a bike in the snow usually don't work).

And about studies... I thought it was great to study law (in my case) from another country and also to see a University that was so much different than mine.

And it considerably helps you find a job later in your life.

Everybody should do an exchange. This is great.

DMelges
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah

I came here to Brazil to finish elementary school and highschool. Now I might go to Oklahoma to start college, or I'll stay here. Never know.
Oh, and I'm planning on doing a photography course in Italy next year.

Superdope
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
yes
denmark
it was one of the best (i'd say the best) experience of my life.

You meet tones of new people, you are in a country that you don't know and feel completely free, it's party time... Well... All the time... And you learn new things (for example, trying to use a bike in the snow usually don't work).

And about studies... I thought it was great to study law (in my case) from another country and also to see a university that was so much different than mine.

And it considerably helps you find a job later in your life.

Everybody should do an exchange. This is great.

pas pÅ den knaldrØde gummibÅd!

Harleyquiiinn
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
lol, I can say beer, hello and thank you in danish (the essential !)... and also Laekker and Undskyld mig baby which should give an idea of when I was there... but I know for sure you have good taste in music so maybe not :D

(I translated your sentence and found something that makes no sense, so I googled it and the Eurovision ??? really ??? :D )

Edit: I can also say "Christmas" I think...

the_real_potomek
12-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I've made student exchange twice, in highschool, I lived with German family. But both exchanges were short, lasted 1,5 week or sth like that. I enjoyed it a lot! I'd like to go on some other exchange during studies, it would be longer then though.

Superdope
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
(I translated your sentence and found something that makes no sense, so I googled it and the Eurovision ??? really ??? :D )

Edit: I can also say "Christmas" I think...

Oh, yes, really. Wait, was it at the Eurovision? It's probably the penultimate 80's "Dansktop" song. A horrible genre that no sane person would ever approach in a sober condition. However, when a little bit of alcohol gets involved, every goddamned Dane in the world can sing along to songs like this.

Sup, WCM.

Superdope
12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
and also Laekker and Undskyld mig baby which should give an idea of when I was there... but I know for sure you have good taste in music so maybe not :D

Oh God, I just realized what you meant by this. I'm sorry you had to witness that. At least you (hopefully) didn't understand the whole song.

Harleyquiiinn
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh God, I just realized what you meant by this. I'm sorry you had to witness that. At least you (hopefully) didn't understand the whole song.

Actually, it was kind of fun, with a "little bit of alcohol"... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22VMbhAnzw

Ryder1234
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, my friend has an exchange student from Germany staying at his house. He's pretty cool. I myself never have.