PDA

View Full Version : Artist Of The Year: 2009 / Your Band Highlights

ad8
12-12-2009, 02:00 AM
I have had this idea in my head for some time now but I always forgot to create the thread.

Anyway, what were your highlights in Your Band this year?

I think we did great with the invention of the Artist of the Month award and with the sequels of the BBS Mixtape. Overall, this has been a really good year in my opinion. I discovered lots of awesome songs through this section of the forums and I hope you did, too.

In addition to that, I thought it would be cool to vote an Artist of the Year 2009 from those who got voted Artist of the Month during 2009. There does not have to be a new thread but I think it would be cool for the BBS memorabilia.

RonWelty
12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Holden Avenue

Anteyy
12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Album Holden Avenue NOW for free.. check it! www.holdenavenue.pl

SåS
12-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Hmmm, highlights...

Well i joined my band, and after 2 rehersals we played our first gig as a 3 peice due to our bassists absence, our lead guitarist played bass in some songs and guitar in others, then we played 2 more gigs (as a full band, hazaah) that went well followed by our biggest gig so far NOIZE with some wicked local bands.

Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement.

Soon we're recording an EP, pretty stoked for that.

Evka.pl
12-25-2009, 01:13 PM
goooo Holden Avenue!

Free?
12-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Some artists really deserve more than 0 votes, it's a shame that I've got only one. Well, it's gonna do at least a bit of justice.

feels wrong.

Rooster
12-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Some artists really deserve more than 0 votes, it's a shame that I've got only one. Well, it's gonna do at least a bit of justice.

People just largely don't care about this section of the forum, i think that's the reason for low number of votes.

Heh, my band got 2 votes. I could boost it to 3 by voting myself, but i think it's kind of lame if you vote for yourself. Plus, i don't really think we would deserve to win this anyway, we've only released 3 songs so far while some other bands here have released far more material.

This section of the forum should get more promotion, along with the bands, because there ARE many talented artists on the BBS.

edit: my highlights - deffinitely the release of our demo, check thread The Redestructed for links to our songs. We play mainly punk rock and grunge, influenced by The Offspring, Pennywise, Social Distortion, NOFX, Propagandhi, Nirvana,...

dexter12296566
12-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Obviously I am not in any of those bands but personally I like the redestructed!

dexter12296566
12-25-2009, 02:39 PM
You rock Raptor!!!

Rooster
12-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Obviously I am not in any of those bands but personally I like the redestructed!

Thanks!

Check out others also, if you haven't done so yet. As i said before, it would be a shame if these bands would be overlooked, because there really are some talents here. Unfortunately i think this section of the forum hasn't got enough attention (which is a shame, considering you have bands like Holden Avenue, Ricetigers, The Fistcuffs, Sustain...)

Forum members, support the BBS scene!

Russel
12-26-2009, 02:44 AM
i've been thinking about how to make this section more popular, and the only idea i got is involving admins in promoting it in other sections by sticky threads or things like this. Writing appeals to the BBS members in this very section is kinda pointless, because someone has to get here in first place, and then read the appeal, not the other way around:)

Rooster
12-26-2009, 02:51 AM
i've been thinking about how to make this section more popular, and the only idea i got is involving admins in promoting it in other sections by sticky threads or things like this. Writing appeals to the BBS members in this very section is kinda pointless, because someone has to get here in first place, and then read the appeal, not the other way around:)

Involving admins would be a good idea. I agree, writing appeals in this sectiuon wouldn't do much, i was more trying to get members that do visit this section into thinking what could help.

You're in Holden Avenue, right? Your music is great!

Russel
12-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Involving admins would be a good idea. I agree, writing appeals in this sectiuon wouldn't do much, i was more trying to get members that do visit this section into thinking what could help.

You're in Holden Avenue, right? Your music is great!

ok, you're right then, my bad, i misunderstood you ;) anyway, does anyone know an admin that he could talk about 'cooperating' with this section of the BBS? to be honest, the best person to 'negotiate' would be a moderator of your band. if you're reading this, please let us know if such option is even possible.

and yes, i'm a guitarist for holden avenue, thank you for appreciation ;)

nood135
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey guys Iv been a fun of the offspring since i was a little kid ! And lately I got the idea to get myself an account here, to see what is worth! And now I run it to this thread! I check all the band online and i liked a lot and i voted for Holden Avenue also good for me was he Switchblade Masquerade but Holden's band just make me believe in punk rock even more. I just got for myself the album from itunes as well was placing my comment here! :D perfect !!!
thx guys !

Nood135 !:)

polduz
12-30-2009, 03:10 AM
My vote for Holden Avenue's self titled album :)