PDA

View Full Version : Apparently John Frusciante has left Red Hot Chili Peppers

cool 2 hate 681
12-13-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/john-frusciante-has-left-red-hot-chili-peppers-says-source-229551

hope it's not true ten years ago RHCP was my favorite band

Alex101
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
If it really did happen, it will never be the same without John.

Ryder1234
12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Man this is sad news. Frusciante is one of my favorite guitarists and they're not going to be able to re capture what he brought to the band.

coke_a_holic
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Didn't this happen, like, 15 years ago? Whatevs, y'all...

Ryder1234
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Well, yeah, but he was a coked up nutcase back then. Well, I guess that doesn't mean anything, but his style is different now.

Llamas
12-17-2009, 07:29 AM
RHCP has kinda fallen off my radar... I'll always love Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and Californication... but the last couple have been pretty mediocre. Sad he's left (he was easily the most talented member of the band), but I don't really think I'm that interested in the band anymore.

Apathy
12-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't even really like RHCP, but isn't it kind of the consensus that Flea is probably the most talented musician in the band? Whenever someone talks about good bassists it seems he gets mentioned.

nieh
12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
The whole band is fairly talented, at least when compared to everything else on the radio, but tend to be overrated in the grand scheme of things. It's a shame they only put out about an album's worth of good material every decade.
Their old drummer, Jack Irons, is pretty sweet, though I'm more familiar with him for his work outside of the band.

Alex101
12-19-2009, 02:16 PM
The rumors are true. John has left RHCP.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/frusciante_officially_leaves_the_red_hot_chili_pep pers.html

Llamas
12-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't even really like RHCP, but isn't it kind of the consensus that Flea is probably the most talented musician in the band? Whenever someone talks about good bassists it seems he gets mentioned.

He's mentioned the most because talented bassists are much more rare than talented guitarists. I think Flea, Chad and John are all very talented in the world of rock and pop, but not as great as they're made out to be - especially Flea. He especially gets a lot of credit because he is a very funky bassist - but in the world of funk, he's pretty mediocre.

I've always thought Anthony was the least musically talented member of the group. But he can write some fun melodies and lyrics. His voice live is so horrid, though.

mrconeman
12-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Brianna said everything I would have said so I don't have to post. Good job.

I'll only add that if they want to, they still can and should carry on, they replaced Hillel Slovak as guitarist when he died, and during his tenure of the band just like John, he was probably the most talented of the band, so they could replace a guitarist again.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2009, 08:17 AM
He's mentioned the most because talented bassists are much more rare than talented guitarists.

No. Talented bassists happen all the time. It's just that they don't get noticed.

He gets mentioned a lot because he is especially good, and he was taught by Mike Watt Himself.