PDA

View Full Version : Drugs and Czech Republic

Harleyquiiinn
12-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Ah what a suprise ! If there wasn't snow outside, I would think we are in April.

Drugs are allowed in Czech Republic ! And not only cannabis ! Every drug in a small quantity.

I wonder how Europe will see this...

Anyway, I admire the process. They observed what the judicial practice was, realized that nobody was ever sentenced for a small amount of drugs, so they decided to legalize it. This is very pragmatic and doesn't let any room for arbitrary.

Although I wouldn't say I am against the legalization of cannabis, I wonder if this is the best solution in terms of public health. Just because arresting and helping anyone who uses every kind of drugs is impossible, it doesn't mean that you should give up...there is a difference between smoking pot once in a while and having your syringe of heroin everyday... Also, I'd like to know if these drugs will be sold legally. In this case, that would be a very good way to deal with... hu... dealers. But I haven't read anything like this so this is just weird. You are allowed to possess something that you obtain illegally ? (with the exception of cannabis that you can cultivate, I mean...)

I'd really like to know what the users from Czech Republic think of that... ?

EDIT> I can't find a source in english (but I didn't try so much either :D) Here is the article anyway:http://www.lemonde.fr/europe/article/2009/12/17/les-tcheques-pourront-detenir-de-petites-quantites-de-drogue_1282031_3214.html

holland25
12-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Alright, another reason to move 100 km to the west.