PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays!

dexter12296566
12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
So this thread is for any holiday of December! I celebrate Christmas. What do you celebrate and what is your favorite part? I wasn't very excited but it got closer fast and I am getting excited. I love seeing family and I will probably have pics of Christmas with family. I also love the surprise of things. I like opening presents just for the surprise. Surprises are one of my favorite things!

DMelges
12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Happy Holidays.

I haven't enjoyed being near family during the holidays as much as I did when I was a kid. Wierdo family.

nameless
12-18-2009, 08:32 PM
christmas is the only thing i celebrate in december, im mainly just looking forward to having some time out with all the public holidays though!

SåS
12-19-2009, 05:00 AM
In december i also celebrate boxing day and new years, becuase i am that cool.

Irish-Rover
12-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Come Monday i will have finished my mid term tests and be off for christmas for 17 days(3 more days because it is our schools bicentenial)

so HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Alison
12-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I also celebrate New Year's Eve in December. New Year's is January first!

I think everyone knows that New Years is in January. Stop getting narky cos someone disobeyed this december-specific thing. Jeeeez.
I celebrate Christmas Eve and day, St. Stephen's Day (also called Boxing Day), and New Years (both Eve and Day).
Got off Uni just last Wednesday, although we were supposed to get off the week before, but because of some sever floods a few weeks back we had an extra week added on. :(

DMelges
12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Let's not forget that January 1st is internatiol Peace Day.

Homer
12-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Wow, this thread's pretty racist.

Alison
12-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Well I am in America so I just have Christmas Eve. Maybe there is more here too but I don't get very into it. What is boxing day celebrate? I thought boxing day was the day after thanksgiving(aka black friday) and is st stephen like ur santa or something?

Whut....no, Santa is our Santa...I don't know who St.Stephen is or what is celebrated on the day, but we celebrate it...not actively, but it's still there (the day after Christmas Day). Also Irish people seem to dislike it when people call it Boxing Day...probably because it's called that in the UK.

holland25
12-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I don't know who St.Stephen is or what is celebrated on the day, but we celebrate it...

Well, I don't know who he was, but here in Slovakia we celebrate the St. Stephen's day by drinking and partying. I like that holiday.

Alison
12-20-2009, 03:54 AM
oh well christmas eve is before christmas!

Are you serious? I didn't know!! Dammit, I've been celebrating Christmas Eve after Christmas all along! :rolleyes:

holland25
12-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Actually there is a big need for sarcasm. And remove me from your signature.

holland25
12-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Well, that's your problem. Alison's internet sarcasm is a new phenomenon and I love it.

Alison
12-20-2009, 04:42 AM
To be honest, sarcasm was needed...you informed everyone that Christmas Eve was before Christmas Day....I mean, how thick do you think everyone is?!
And telling people that New Years is in January, I mean, dates aren't something to get all high and mighty over..

PedroACastro
12-20-2009, 08:39 AM
besides not every country celebrates new years in january 1st

Blitz!
12-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Boxing Day is celebrated the day after Christmas and it originated from the rich landowners celebrating on Christmas and packing their left over food into boxes and giving it to the poor the following day. Some countries have different names for Boxing Day; here we call it the Day of Goodwill.

come out swinging
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
it going to be a white Christmas in CT.