PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy has died

DMelges
12-20-2009, 01:30 PM
This really caught me by suprise. I literally just found out. She was found unconscious in the shower after having a cardiac arrest. What do you guys think, 2 or 3 days until they find the drugs?

http://www.tmz.com/

KHWHD
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Damn, that sucks. :(

Redjie
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I think that was a great loss. She was so sweet!!
I just had an urgent need to watch Uptown Girls.

Jebus
12-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Didn't realize she did Luan's voice in King of the Kill. Fuck.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Rollin' with the homies in heaven.

kaylae
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
What a sad year for celebrity deaths it's been. It will probably turn out to be prescription drugs or something, it's a shame, it's always sad when people go before their time

Rag Doll
12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
my guess....drugs or an eating disorder or both combined. she looked sickly for a long time.

you're a virgin who can't drive. one of the best movie lines ever.

jacknife737
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
It's probably a bad sign that i started laughing when i saw that: damn this site and celebrity deaths.

RIP Luanne,

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/17/259/84430_512x288_generated__iPkynInB60mwzDeeTEEw9g.jp g

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2009, 04:05 PM
you're a virgin who can't drive. one of the best movie lines ever.

That was way harsh, Tai.

randman21
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
my guess....drugs or an eating disorder or both combined. she looked sickly for a long time.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not as surprised by this as some of the other celeb deaths, but it's sad nonetheless. Poor girl. I did know she was Luanne on King of the Hill, but at first I thought it was a different Brittany Murphy because the voice was so different from hers.

Jojan
12-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Who? :-S

(I've already Wikipedia'd her ass off.)

Jebus
12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
She's with Buckley now.

Icy Chic
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
This made me sad. I liked Brittany.

Lizardus
12-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Man, this is sad. And at that age.

This tag is for ye, Britt.

DMelges
12-20-2009, 06:46 PM
It is sad. She was young and doing well in the movie industry.

calichix
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
:[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ I loved her!

_Lost_
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
This makes me incredibly sad. I like her movies.

Outerspaceman21
12-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow, that is really surprising. Damn, that just plain old sucks that she died so young.

Llamas
12-21-2009, 07:50 AM
This is the first celebrity death I've cared about in like 5 years. I really liked her... I loved her in Uptown Girls, Riding in Cars with Boys (calichix's subject title ftw!), 8 Mile (shuttup)... she was always so much fun. I can't say I'm horribly surprised, though - she always seemed like someone who probably had some crazy problems, drug or eating related.

holland25
12-21-2009, 08:24 AM
She was a great actress... A big loss...

Al Coholic
12-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I just wikipediaded KOTH and realised it's been cancelled. That sucks, this kinda kills a lot of hope for a comeback.

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
King Of The Hill had really run its course.

Her life, however, hadn't. Sad news indeed.

It's also sad how we are all immediately assuming that drugs are involved. But yeah, that was my first thought. Probably prescription. With Ledger and Jackson still so fresh in people's minds (and Anna Nicole I suppose), if this turns out to be another preventable death caused by prescription medication maybe we'll start to see a massive awakening to the dangers of these drugs and a distancing from the notion that anything a doctor gives you must be safe.

Thomas
12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
She's with Buckley now.

I lol'd.

Also, I'm a terrible person.

but seriously, I don't know much of her material. I do know that she was awesome in King of the Hill, though. Sad...

DMelges
12-21-2009, 01:07 PM
It's also sad how we are all immediately assuming that drugs are involved..

Yeah, that is sad. But, she was 32 and had a heart attack? Without drugs, the chances of that happening are very very slim. :(

Edit: Here's an update. Brittany Murphy was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death and prescription medications were taken from her home, the Los Angeles coroner's office said Monday.

LINK (http://omg.yahoo.com/news/family-brittany-murphy-was-ill-days-before-death/32971?nc)

DMelges
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Brittany's husband speaks out. (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/access-exclusive-brittany-murphys-husband-speaks-out-my-world-was-destroyed)

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
will smith is next

nieh
12-21-2009, 06:55 PM
"I loved what Ashton [Kutcher] wrote on Twitter. It was comforting to me," Monjack told Access Hollywood, adding he did not know his wife's former "Just Married" co-star personally. "I couldn't have said it better."

The message posted by Ashton read, "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon. see you on the other side kid."

This is almost like an Onion article.

_Lost_
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't think it was necessarily a drug addiction or anything like that. There were a lot of times where she seemed scary thin. If the flu thing and prescriptions (if true) are added on top of heart damage from something like an eating disorder then you've got a bad formula for cardiac arrest.

Paint_It_Black
12-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Ashton's words were beautiful. I hope he sees her on the other side soon.

RickyCrack
12-22-2009, 04:09 AM
She's with Buckley now.

http://www.platypuscomix.net/otherpeople/kingsofthehill3.jpg

hey

Llamas
12-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I heard yesterday that she died from complications of type 1 diabetes. I have no sources and don't know how true it is, but it would explain the meds and maybe the weight fluctuations...

Rag Doll
12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
tmz had said the coroner doesn't think her diabetes was related.

LA county coroner did the autopsy yesterday but will not release the findings until they get toxicology results in the next few weeks. TMZ has a pretty extensive list of prescription drugs found in her apartment. Not sure if it's all of them though.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/22/brittany-murphy-coroner-report-prescription-pills-bottles-nightstand-topamax-simon-monjack-sharon-rescue-effort-drugs-investigation/

DMelges
12-22-2009, 06:45 AM
What's up with 2009 and celebrity deaths?

wheelchairman
12-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Nothing at all is up with 2009 celebrity deaths. It just seems that with all the various forms of media available we hear about them a lot more.

That and this bbs has a rather distasteful competition in reporting a celebrity death as soon as its news. Or well it used to. And I can't really say its that distasteful as compared to the news media it's much more tasteful, or tasty.

Paint_It_Black
12-22-2009, 07:39 AM
It just seems that with all the various forms of media available we hear about them a lot more.

So the borderline obsession has always been there, it's just the methods of communication weren't?

Very possible.

wheelchairman
12-22-2009, 07:45 AM
It wouldn't be so prevalent if there were not a demand for it. How new the demand is, I do not know. It seems now that it doesn't really matter how dubious the celebrity status of the deceased is though.

Personally though I'd be happy if one of these threads wasn't made again until someone who actually felt attached to the work of the deceased made one. It all feels so disingenuous.

Paint_It_Black
12-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Personally though I'd be happy if one of these threads wasn't made again until someone who actually felt attached to the work of the deceased made one. It all feels so disingenuous.

I know what you mean. And the rush to make these kind of threads takes away the opportunity for someone who really cares to be the first to make it. And for some reason this bothers me a bit.

Like when Lost seemed to be making lots of them. Not picking on her really, it just stands out. And at least once (maybe only once) she even spelled the deceased individual's name wrong. It bugged me. I'm sure it was purely a typo from going too quickly, but I felt someone who actually cared about the death wouldn't have made the mistake. And I have some odd ideas about respecting the dead. I say odd because I have no problems with jokes about dead celebrities, and I have no personal concept of "too soon". But there are some things that oddly matter to me. Like getting the name right.

Really not picking on Lost. It's just an example I remember.

It wouldn't be so prevalent if there were not a demand for it.
The demand may have sprung up after people got used to it and started expecting it though. Cause and effect can be weird.

Little_Miss_1565
12-22-2009, 07:53 AM
That and this bbs has a rather distasteful competition in reporting a celebrity death as soon as its news. Or well it used to.

I thought it was more of a desire to post the distasteful subject heading "xxx is DEAD"

DMelges
12-22-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't think it's distasteful at all. When I start a thread about someone who passed away, I'm just spreading news. Starting a conversation about such person here on the bbs. It really depends on how it's handled.

Lizardus
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
So the borderline obsession has always been there, it's just the methods of communication weren't?

Daily Parchment

Breaking news! Jesus of Nazareth Dies!

Famous street magician and supposed jewish king died today...bla bla bla...he was supposedly found by a roman guard in the possession of a controlled substance known on the streets as "The Cross"...Bla bla bla...family says no to autopsy...

_Lost_
12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I did misspell john hughes. I grew up on his movies though. My stepmom has a massive collection of 80s teen movies and if she doesn't own them, she's rented them. john hughes dying was a bit of a big deal to me.

the only other death thread i started was for farrah fawcett. don't really know why i started that one.

Brittany Murphy was awesome. Its sad that we don't get any more movies. She was one of those quirky actresses that seems genuine in her kookyness, unlike Helena Bonham Carter and that chick from the Twilight movies.

ospringfan112113
12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
This really caught me by suprise. I literally just found out. She was found unconscious in the shower after having a cardiac arrest. What do you guys think, 2 or 3 days until they find the drugs?

http://www.tmz.com/ I can't beleive she died its so sad. She was a talented actress

Paint_It_Black
12-23-2009, 12:39 AM
I did misspell john hughes. I grew up on his movies though. My stepmom has a massive collection of 80s teen movies and if she doesn't own them, she's rented them. john hughes dying was a bit of a big deal to me.

I guess it was a poor example then.

Helena Bonham Carter

I really can't stand her. For me she spoils everything she's in. Fortunately she mostly seems to just get big roles in her husband's movies. And I typically dislike those anyway.

Lizardus is awesome.

Apathy
12-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Helena Bonham Carter seems to play the exact same character in every movie she's in, which is odd because they range from sorceress to that off putting murderer in Sweeney Todd. It especially makes very little sense in Fight Club, which I can't help but liking despite her presence.

WebDudette
12-23-2009, 01:16 AM
She has to be the single most type-casted actor of all time. Even if you include romantic comedy actors.

Paint_It_Black
12-23-2009, 01:40 AM
To be fair, I didn't mind her too much in Harry Potter. You know, the role where she is supposed to be an insane/insanely annoying witch.

Llamas
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
She has to be the single most type-casted actor of all time. Even if you include romantic comedy actors.

i don't know who she is, but i have a hard time thinking anyone is more type casted than will ferell :)

Coonnafep
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
No, just had my permit. Chris wont let me drive the Benz because of the bumper... not until I get some experience.

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm surprised none of us resurrected this thread when her husband died with suspiciously similar symptoms a few months later. Or did we start a new thread for that?

Anyway, apparently it has now been revealed that they may well have been murdered. Murphy's father seems to believe it and supposedly there's a toxicology report to confirm the suspicions. Pretty crazy.

Tiny Vessels
12-13-2013, 08:47 AM
They were poisoned to death.

Llamas
12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm surprised none of us resurrected this thread when her husband died with suspiciously similar symptoms a few months later. Or did we start a new thread for that?

Anyway, apparently it has now been revealed that they may well have been murdered. Murphy's father seems to believe it and supposedly there's a toxicology report to confirm the suspicions. Pretty crazy.

I don't think it ever really made the news - I only found out about that a few weeks ago, actually. Suspicions apparently point to her mother, if I remember correctly. Terrifying stuff.

Llamas
12-13-2013, 11:22 AM

I don't think it ever really made the news - I only found out about that a few weeks ago, actually. Suspicions apparently point to her mother, if I remember correctly. Terrifying stuff.

nieh
12-13-2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/showbiz/brittany-murphy-parents-fight/

CNN obtained the report by forensic toxicologist Ernest Lykissa, who concluded that the hair from the back of Murphy's head had higher than recommended levels of 10 heavy metals.

The director of forensic medicine at the University of Florida, who is also the president of the American Board of Forensic Toxicology, reviewed the lab report for CNN and was very critical.

"It's ridiculous," Dr. Bruce Goldberger said. A conclusion of poisoning is an "inflammatory statement" that "is a baseless allegation and outrageous statement to make based on a single hair test."

Murphy's autopsy revealed no physical signs of poisoning, he said. "A hair test alone, without any clinical signs or symptoms, cannot be used to establish poisoning."

The private report also showed a normal level of arsenic, which would have been elevated if rat poisoning was involved, he said.

"She was a beautiful woman and likely had numerous hair treatments," Goldberger said. "Chemicals in the hair treatment would alter the chemistry of her hair sample."

Sharon Murphy said she also consulted with forensic experts who discredited the lab results.

"This report conveniently ignores what any good scientist will tell you: A hair sample can be affected by many outside factors, including hair dye, hair spray, prescription medications, foods, smoking the occasional cigarette and environmental factors," she wrote.

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Ah, well that's a shame. Sort of.