PDA

View Full Version : Things to do on a long plane ride plane

DMelges
12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I getting on a nearly 15 hour flight on the 27th. I always have a ridiculously hard time getting any sleep, mostly because I travel coach, wich isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. So besides reading a book and trying to sleep, what can I do to pass time?

randy
12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Listening music,talking with the person sitting next toyou,eating the crappy food you get,and puking,there´s not a lot to do,where are you tripping?

DMelges
12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Listening music,talking with the person sitting next toyou,eating the crappy food you get,and puking,there´s not a lot to do,where are you tripping?

Listening to music has one problem... the battery runs out. My Ipod will probably last 4 hours...
Usually the person who sits next to me is always an overweight old person who snores.

I'm going to Oklahoma, staying there until February.

Vera
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
In-flight entertainment, dude. On a 15 hour flight there's bound to be TV, movies, music channels on the entertainment consoles in front of you.

DMelges
12-22-2009, 03:53 PM
In-flight entertainment, dude. On a 15 hour flight there's bound to be TV, movies, music channels on the entertainment consoles in front of you.

Normally on my 15 hours flights there's only one movie, and the music channels aren't any good in my opinion. God I'm praying that there won't be any annoying children near me this time.

Vera
12-22-2009, 03:58 PM
One fucking movie? What kind of a shitty airline are you flying? I didn't spend an awful lot on my flights when travelling for 7-10 hours but we still got multiple channels and sometimes they consoles would allow us to choose entirely what to watch (no "streaming" on the channels).

Al Coholic
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Xanax

Xanax (or valium/any kind of benzo if you cant get xanax) makes time go by like nothing else. Take enough and time will go by so quickly you'll black out several large chunks of time. It's anxiety medicine, so you'll be twice as social and easygoing. Think of it as a clean drunk.

I recomend taking 1-2mg on the drive to the airport, and taping a small bag with another 1-2 mg for half way through the flight. It's illegal so be careful.

The effects are nothing to worry about in small doses. And don't worry, you won't feel any nautia or BS when coming down like with painkillers.

wheelchairman
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Sanni, that's only when you have the luxury of flying with SAS, other airlines suck balls in that regard.

Buy a magazine at the airport catered to one of your personal interests. Find a gameboy. That's about all I got.

DMelges
12-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Xanax

Xanax (or valium/any kind of benzo if you cant get xanax) makes time go by like nothing else. Take enough and time will go by so quickly you'll black out several large chunks of time. It's anxiety medicine, so you'll be twice as social and easygoing. Think of it as a clean drunk.

I shall consider that, thanks.

Buy a magazine at the airport catered to one of your personal interests. Find a gameboy. That's about all I got.

I'm already taking Nightmares & Dreamscapes by Stephen King. Hopefully that'll kill some hours.
Gameboy? Wow, it's been a long time since I've played one. Maybe I'll look for mine around the house later.

SåS
12-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Sanni, that's only when you have the luxury of flying with SAS.

Yes, its a great luxury to fly with me.

If you say your iPod only has 4 hours, then balance it out, sleep, then listen to it for a little bit, then watch the movie, then read, and then listen to your iPod and etc etc.

EDIT: bop-it. haha

randman21
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
When I flew with US Airways to England a couple of years ago, the plane had several movies (about 10), and about as many albums from current artists (only a few that I was into, though). If you get an Airbus A330, you should be alright.

Other than that, I'd suggest reading, writing, and playing a handheld game of some sort.

Al Coholic
12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah and if you can find a way to plug in your laptop on a plane, I'd go ahead and download a million computer games.

wheelchairman
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Sås, Å and A are not the same letters.

Cock Joke
12-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Random cavity search.

randy
12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Random cavity search.

That´s a good one :D
Elvis Crespo (some cuban singer I think)masturbated once on his seat during a flight.

Paint_It_Black
12-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I seem to always end up flying NWA. And I've been pretty happy with the entertainment. In recent years I have always had my individual screen with a large selection of movies, sometimes music and tv shows too. The last time I had an awesome selection of movies inlcuding new ones that were barely out of the cinemas yet. And as an added bonus they had not been censored. Seemed kind of odd watching stuff with nudity and graphic violence with kids all around, but hey, I'll take it if they're offering it.

If you're not getting cool stuff like that you need to change to a better airline.

Apathy
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
* Joke about NWA, entertainment, graphic violence, etc. *

kaylae
12-23-2009, 04:01 AM
You could join the mile high club, that would kill a bit of time ;)

Vera
12-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Sanni, that's only when you have the luxury of flying with SAS, other airlines suck balls in that regard.

Finnair, actually.

American Airlines had like a million channels but no ability to choose stuff, just streaming stuff on the channels.

dexter12296566
12-23-2009, 04:31 AM
There is also having sex with random chics(or dudes if you want) in the bathroom!

holland25
12-23-2009, 04:42 AM
There is also having sex with random chics(or dudes if you want) in the bathroom!

This post, coming from you, sounds extremely funny.

Paint_It_Black
12-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Uh-oh. I think somebody has seen Choke.

RageAndLov
12-23-2009, 05:45 AM
I recommend a Game Boy, lots of AA batteries and many games. That's what I do while flying.

jacknife737
12-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Everytime i fly now, it's always on airlines that have those personalized tv's that allow you to pick what you want to watch. Flying is awesome.

Other than that: listen to music, bring a laptop if you have one, or pick up a couple books or magazines.

come out swinging
12-23-2009, 06:57 AM
I dont like long flites. I rather drive cuz road trip. ;)
my suggestion laptop with extra battery pack 10 dvds/ bootlegs , a pen and pad and make nothing out of something

mynamewastaken
12-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Why, "OTHER THAN READING"?
I'd be reading any book I could get my hands on. Providing I hadn't all ready read it.

Paint_It_Black
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Try getting your hands on a dictionary.

Or have you all ready read it?

wheelchairman
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
That was on his last long plane ride plane.

DMelges
12-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I am taking my laptop, but it's batteries don't last very long, so I would need to spend alot of money on an extra battery.
I am taking a book, that's why I said 'other than reading'.

When I was a little kid, these flights were very easy. I've been flying my entire life, a minimum of 10 hours per flight. But I find that as you get older, you get bored more easily. Before, I could just play a gameboy during the entire flight, or I could sleep, or I could simply be amused the entire flight by the tiny window and everything past it. But now, I can't sleep on the plain. I lost my gameboy. :D

Does anyone know if there is WiFi on American Airlines ?

Paint_It_Black
12-23-2009, 11:43 AM
That was on his last long plane ride plane.

I was waiting for a lead in to use that. Guess I waited too long.

wheelchairman
12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
No, I knew you wanted to do that so I did it as a reply to you just to spite you, you. Merry Christmas christmas.

Tizzalicious
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
If you have a book, a few hours of laptop, and a few hours of iPod, won't that be enough to kill your time?

dexter12296566
12-24-2009, 01:46 PM
This post, coming from you, sounds extremely funny.

Good funny or bad funny???

renato piquette
12-24-2009, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Paint_It_Black;1380665]I seem to always end up flying NWA.QUOTE]

niggaz with attitude?