PDA

View Full Version : Ignition covered by Us

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Probably a little early here, but seeing as Forever And a Day is done, and Homer strategically named the album "Ignition covered by Us", I feel we can start. So, one song done before we've begun! (If you want to change up a song to acoustic, or have a tandem on vocals, or anything of the sort, let me know and I'll change the setup from the standard "drums, bass, guitar, vox" etc. to whatever you're doing)

1.Session
Who's running this song? Talk to: Static_Martyr
Drums:
Bass:
Guitar:
Vocals:
Download:

2.We Are One
Who's running this song? Talk to: iGustavo
Drums:
Bass:
Guitar:
Vocals: iGustavo
Download:

3.Kick Him When He's Down
Who's running this song? Talk to: Ryder1234
Drums: Ryder1234
Bass: Ryder1234
Guitar: Ryder1234
Vocals: Ryder1234
Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/331530053/untitled.mp3.html

4.Take It Like A Man
Who's running this song? Talk to: it's either Superdope or dff_punk
Drums:
Bass:
Guitar:
Vocals: Superdope
Download:

5.Get It Right
Drums: ThunderPX
Bass:
Vocals: ThunderPX
Download:

6.Dirty Magic
Drums:
Bass:
Tandem Vocals: Little_Miss_1565, Homer, Ryder1234 (backing, possible for some lead?)
Download:

7.Hypodermic
Who's running this song? Talk to: Little_Miss_1565
Drums:
Bass:
Guitar: Randman21
Vocals:
Download:

8.Burn It Up
Who's running this song? Talk to: ad8
Drums: ad8
Bass: ad8
Guitar: ad8
Vocals: coke_a_holic
Download:

9.No Hero
Who's running this song? Talk to: _Lost_
Drums:
Bass:
Guitar:
Vocals:
Download:

10.LAPD
Who's running this song? Talk to: Homer
Drums: Homer
Bass: Homer
Guitar: Homer
Vocals: Homer
Download:

11.Nothing From Something
Who's running this song? Talk to: Randman21
Drums: Ryder1234
Bass: Ryder1234
Guitar: Randman21
Vocals: Randman 21
Download:

12.Forever And a Day
Who's running this song? Talk to: Homer
Drums: ad8
Bass: ad8
Guitar: Ryder1234, Homer, Static_Martyr (solo)
Vocals: Little_Miss_1565, Homer
Download: Right click, save as (http://www.servercrashers.com/music/Forever%20and%20a%20Day.mp3)

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I've already started a KHWHD project on my own, so that's completely gone now. Otherwise I just filled in guitar parts I wanted.

Homer
12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I call doing everything for LAPD.

Other than that, if anyone needs any help with any instrument (including mixing), then I`m your pawn.

Also, Suprerdope unfortunately couldn`t get any backing vocals done for Forever and a Day.

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks Homer, updated.

(PS, You're going to be getting a few tracks from me then :p. I'll at least try mixing KHWHD though)

ThunderPX
12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Aaaand this thread shows up just after I finally get my recording shit working. That's gotta be a sign, right? :P

I can do vocals, guitar and drums (although I don't have a proper setup for drum recording; it would just be a mono recording, although the quality is otherwise pretty good.) In fact, I'll go practice some of the songs over the coming week and see what I'd like to do (I'm out of shape on my offsprings :()

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I'd suggest calling something now: a lot of stuff will be gone pretty fast, so pick one you think you want to do, and if you cant do it you can pull out :)

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
<3

Anyone want to totally rearrange "Dirty Magic" with me? Some kinda two-part harmony vocals thing. I can throw in backing vocals and harmonies and shit wherever as well. I have a couple ideas for "Hypodermic."

I can probably haul my laptop to my rehearsal space and record bass wherever it's needed.

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
<3

Anyone want to totally rearrange "Dirty Magic" with me? Some kinda two-part harmony vocals thing. I can throw in backing vocals and harmonies and shit wherever as well. I have a couple ideas for "Hypodermic."

I can probably haul my laptop to my rehearsal space and record bass wherever it's needed.

I think I might be able to pull of Dirty Magic, and if anything else I'll add backing vocals. I'll put you down for vocals on Dirty Magic, and should I add you for Hypodermic yet? If you get a chance with the bass, any ideas on what songs you'd do? Gonna try and fill this list up pretty fast and see if we can get done a bit faster than we are on Smash.

EDIT: Im buying a bass tomorrow/Tuesday everyone! So I`m offically now a guitarist/bassist on call :p

Homer
12-27-2009, 06:21 PM
I can do some vocals for Dirty Magic.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
12-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I like LM's idea
i also think electric and acoustic guitars should be mixed together

randman21
12-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I think I want to call everything for "Nothing from Something". I've been telling people I'd do it since '08. This'll force me to buckle down. BUT if anyone wants to do drums, bass, whatevs, feel free to get at me.

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Randy, I'll do your drums. I've finally gotten the hang of creating them on Beatcraft, and just keep making random Offspring drum covers in the hopes of one day finishing them :p I'll do bass as well. Are you doing vocals, guitar, what?

EDIT: I added a "Who's running this song?" thing above the status for each song. I think it's pretty nifty. To new users to the cover threads: if you want to do a part for a song or have any ideas, talk to the person who it says is running the song; if there's no one, feeli free to do it! Just be sure to let me know and I'll put you up there.

randman21
12-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Alrighty. Let's do dis! Heh, I don't see how you can stand working with Beatcraft. It's a great program, but I get hella irritable doing all that clicking. And yes, I'll do vocals and guitar (if I can get the solo down). Also, being that Hypodermic is my favorite from Ignition, but also that it's pretty plain, I'd like to help Sarah do something different with it.

Static_Martyr
12-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd like to give Session a try, if there aren't any objections. That seems like my kind of song for right now~

Ryder1234
12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Alrighty. Let's do dis! Heh, I don't see how you can stand working with Beatcraft. It's a great program, but I get hella irritable doing all that clicking.

I guess I'm just used to it now hahaha, cause it's all I've ever used :P And if you can't get that solo, I'd like to try it, it seems like something I could pull off.

I'd like to give Session a try, if there aren't any objections. That seems like my kind of song for right now~

So, what parts do you want? Or are you going to do everything?

EDIT:

Anyone want to totally rearrange "Dirty Magic" with me? Some kinda two-part harmony vocals thing.

I kind of have an idea of what I'd like to add to this now. I don't feel confident enough to do a lot for it now (who knows though, might be the same kind of case as you had? :p), but on top of what you and Homer do, I could do something like this: (I bolded what I'd sing)

In my own simple way
I think she wants me only
She said,“ Come over right away.”
But she‘s just not that way
Her little soul is stolen
See her put on her brand new face

Go on and pull the shades
Razor blades
You‘re so tragic
Go on I hate you so but love you more
I‘m so elastic
Oh all the things you say
Games you play
Dirty magic

I should know better than to think I‘d reach inside her
It‘s all a cloudy kind of daze
She‘s not so sweet today
She mocks me, I‘m no fighter
It all just seems like such a waste

It‘s oversimplified

So what isn't bolded is you and Homer, and what is bolded is all of us. Actually, I don't know if I like that, haha, but it's an idea. Also, where I added the little "go on..." "oh all.." bits that Dexter sings live, that'd be just me. I don't know. Lol.

Actually, maybe the bold would be me you, and Homer, and the non would be just you? hmm

coke_a_holic
12-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I've got everything for Burn It Up.

Oh yes. Yes, I do.

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Ryder, I'm picking up what you're putting down. What I was thinking for the harmony was more like something all the way through--basically two people singing lead. What do you think?

Homer
12-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Ryder, I'm picking up what you're putting down. What I was thinking for the harmony was more like something all the way through--basically two people singing lead. What do you think?

I could do this.

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I got what you were saying - I was just trying to find a way that I could fit into it without doing lead haha.

Is it possible that we could rotate people per verse/chorus? like, first verse you and homer, chorus Homer and me, second verse you and me, and last chorus all of us or whatever order we do?

Jojan
12-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I know them all on bass, so ask me kindly.

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Any bass you want to do, just let me know I'll add you to the list, unless it's already gone.

EDIT: @ Randy, barring any unforseen obstacles, you'll have your drums tomorrow, or the next day if I get the bass tomorrow, in which case I'll probably do KHWHD.

m.offspring.r
12-28-2009, 04:21 AM
good ideia, but i think we should complete the "Smash" and after continue this one...

I think is not very productive two similar projects at the same time...

just my 2 cents

mspunk13
12-28-2009, 04:56 AM
oh that's what I wanted to do! :D do you want to do the entire song? I could do guitar, bass or drums... :rolleyes:

dff_punk
12-28-2009, 05:17 AM
I just wanted to ask how things are going here... is the drum track recorded first so the guitar can be recorded properly with it? Or..? Anyway, I might have a go at Take It Like A Man (guitar and vocals)... But do not write it there yet, Kevin :p

Superdope
12-28-2009, 07:34 AM
take it like a man vox. sign me up.

ad8
12-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I'd like to do at least the instrumentals to Burn It Up. Did anyone else want to do this before?

Little_Miss_1565
12-28-2009, 10:05 AM
I got what you were saying - I was just trying to find a way that I could fit into it without doing lead haha.

Is it possible that we could rotate people per verse/chorus? like, first verse you and homer, chorus Homer and me, second verse you and me, and last chorus all of us or whatever order we do?

We could, or you could work in a third vocal part in the parts that you highlighted already?

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to ask how things are going here... is the drum track recorded first so the guitar can be recorded properly with it? Or..? Anyway, I might have a go at Take It Like A Man (guitar and vocals)... But do not write it there yet, Kevin :p

Yeah, drums gotta be done first, then usually we do bass second but I guess it doesn't really matter what order guitar and bass are done in.

So, Superdope said he would do the Take It Like A Man vocals for sure, so guitar is still open :)

We could, or you could work in a third vocal part in the parts that you highlighted already?

Cool, I'd be more comfortable with that.

take it like a man vox. sign me up.

Updated.

coke_a_holic
12-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Ad8: I implore you to do it anyway. There's a fairly high chance it'll be better/more cohesive than mine, so go for it, homedawg.

I promise that mine will sound absolutely nothing like the original. That's what I'm going for.

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Would you still do vocals then?

You should defiantly do a cover, even if it isn't going to be on this. I'd wanna hear it.

Homer
12-28-2009, 04:51 PM
good ideia, but i think we should complete the "Smash" and after continue this one...

I think is not very productive two similar projects at the same time...

Well, considering that everyone who's assigned to something on the Smash project isn't doing anything for it anymore, effectively halting it, there's nothing we can do. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that this one will get completed before the Smash one.

Static_Martyr
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
oh that's what I wanted to do! do you want to do the entire song? I could do guitar, bass or drums...

Well you could, I suppose....but the way I was thinking, it was going to be a different kind of song than on the album. Completely different, actually :) Something surprising.

ThunderPX
12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Ryder, I'll take the vocals on Get It Right. If necessary I'll also be glad to do backing vocals on other tracks.

EDIT: Actually, I'm 90% sure I can do drums on that as well, so sign me up.

Gustavo
12-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I know this might not be a good idea, but I'd like to try doing the vocals for We Are One.

Ryder1234
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I know this might not be a good idea, but I'd like to try doing the vocals for We Are One.

Go for it Gus! If you can pull off Genocide you'll be able to do We Are One.

Ryder, I'll take the vocals on Get It Right. If necessary I'll also be glad to do backing vocals on other tracks.

EDIT: Actually, I'm 90% sure I can do drums on that as well, so sign me up.

Updated.

mspunk13
12-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Well you could, I suppose....but the way I was thinking, it was going to be a different kind of song than on the album. Completely different, actually :) Something surprising.

Oh I see... That's cool :D I can't wait to hear your version ;)

dff_punk
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
So, Superdope said he would do the Take It Like A Man vocals for sure, so guitar is still open :)

Okay, I think I might do the guitar work for this one, and also backing vocals if needed. Now we need to find someone for bass and drums! :)

Static_Martyr
12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh I see... That's cool I can't wait to hear your version

It's cool, though; if you want to do it really bad then feel free. The version I'm doing is for my solo project, but I figured if I was gonna do it then I might as well call it on the cover project as well. I can do something else if you really want Session :D

Which is to say, I'm gonna do my version either way, so I'm not really serious about calling it on the project. So if you want yours to be the "project" version that would be alright too~

mspunk13
12-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Haha :D Thanks
I love that song, but to be honest, I don't even have the time to record it...
I think you should call your version on the project :) And if I ever record my version, I will post it somewhere here anyway ;)

_Lost_
01-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Scweet! I'm moving into a rental house soon, so I won't have to worry so much about neighbors telling me to stfu. Maybe I'll get the stuff for smash done finally. If there is anything I'm wanted for, let me know. Right now though, I have no computer for recording until I get my financial aid refund. My charger cable for my laptop got eaten by a puppy.

m.offspring.r
01-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, considering that everyone who's assigned to something on the Smash project isn't doing anything for it anymore, effectively halting it, there's nothing we can do. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that this one will get completed before the Smash one.

It's sad... but ok.

I just give my 2 cents...

_Lost_
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
<3

This song has a lot of potential for epic multivocalization btw. The way I hear it in my head, this song would be quite eerie if done right, if you wanna take that approach. A lot of vocals and not so much instrumentation. But then again, I'm in a weird state of mind because I just saw Paranormal Activity for the first time. Creeped me the fuck out.

no hero. gimmie gimme.

Ryder1234
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Haha, what do you want for No Hero?

_Lost_
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
don't know yet. need to think about it. I haz idears.

Ryder1234
01-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Alrighty I'll just put you down as the person that's running it lolz.

Ryder1234
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Finished KHWHD

http://rapidshare.com/files/331530053/untitled.mp3.html

I don't like my vocals... but I did good, mic overloads sometimes. I just hate how my voice sounds on recordings, maybe you guys will think otherwise :D enjoy!

randman21
01-07-2010, 12:00 AM
What the...when did you start singing all good and such? I mean, there's room for improvement (as with all of us), but damn, it's leagues better than Save the Day. I'd really like to know what you've been doing since then. Instrumentally, the cover is superb! Love the guitars. The only thing I'd suggest is using a different sample for the ride cymbal.

Ryder1234
01-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks Randy! As for the singing, I never really sang around the time I did Save The Day, so couldn't control my voice or anything yet. Since then (1 and 1/4 years?), whenever I played guitar to a song, I'd sing it too, developed to the point where I could control the pitch, and my voice kinda matured past the point where it wouldn't crack whenever I'd sing louder, or go higher, so I was able to sing with more force ( I've actually developed a kinda grungy voice, I guess like Dexter in Hammerhead but not that high :P). I guess that's about it haha. Oh, and I saw a post by Karin talking about using your stomach muscles and stuff to hit the high notes, within the last few months, that helped for sure.

I could have actually done better than I did, I have a problem of freezing up when recording. After every scrapped take of the vocals I'd sing it twice as good as I did here, then step up to the mic and downgrade hahaha. Same goes for guitars and bass too, but the multiple tracks masks the little mistakes.

About the ride cymbal, the only other one in Acoustica sounds almost like a bell, so this was the best choice. :p

dff_punk
01-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Hey, the cover is superb dude! I really like it! This is a giant step up for this project :)

ad8
01-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Finished KHWHD

http://rapidshare.com/files/331530053/untitled.mp3.html

I don't like my vocals... but I did good, mic overloads sometimes. I just hate how my voice sounds on recordings, maybe you guys will think otherwise :D enjoy!

Wow, you did a fantastic job! The song sounds really powerful.

By the way, should we mix the songs ourselves or is Homer or someone doing the mixing? (I'm asking because I finished my part of Burn It Up yesterday and uploaded it - http://rapidshare.com/files/331276757/Burn_It_Up.mp3 )

Homer
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
By the way, should we mix the songs ourselves or is Homer or someone doing the mixing? (I'm asking because I finished my part of Burn It Up yesterday and uploaded it - http://rapidshare.com/files/331276757/Burn_It_Up.mp3 )

If you want I can do the mixing. Ultimately it's up to you guys on who does what.

Ryder1234
01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Homer did volunteer to do any mixing we didn't want to do, or couldn't. I only mixed this because I wanted to make everything by myself for one song. You can mix if you want, and also if you're doing a song with me for this I don't mind mixing now, new program is really easy to mix with.

Thanks alot for the comments guys! :)

dff_punk
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone willing to do drums and bass for Take It Like A Man? I'm planning to get this started soon, Superdope will do vocals, and I'm going to do the guitar work and perhaps backing vocals.

Ryder1234
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey man, I would for sure but atm I'm really focusing on a song I'm working on - for the mixtape so I'm working to a deadline. If it's not done by the time I'm done that, I'll do those, but trying for no distractions right now :)

As an update on KHWHD, I'm probably gonna edit it a bit - change up the drum samples as Randy gave me some awesome samples (kudos to him :)), possibly re do the vox, I improved even since then at controlling my voice, so I'm gonna give it another go.

dff_punk
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Ah, the mixtape, thanks for reminding, I almost completely forgot I was going to contribute to it :D Okay dude, take your time.

Homer
04-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Alright, so, since this is pretty much dead, I thought I'd go ahead and post this.

Dirty Magic Acoustic (http://www.servercrashers.com/music/Dirty%20Magic%20Acoustic.mp3)

Originally it was supposed to be Ryder's idea of him, Sarah and I doing a cover like this, but I've been sitting on this for months now. I'll probably re-record it with a better mic and whatnot, but if not, I think this is good enough.

Ryder1234
04-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Hey, at one point I PM'd you a new version with some vox I did. Do you have that?

Homer
04-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey, at one point I PM'd you a new version with some vox I did. Do you have that?

Yes, but, Idonno. There wasn't much drive other than adding a few more backing tracks to it. So, I thought that this would suffice.

Ryder1234
04-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeep, I guess you're right.

I'd still wanna work on it, we could probably do more with the song, along with Sarah.

ad8
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Alright, so, since this is pretty much dead, I thought I'd go ahead and post this.

Dirty Magic Acoustic (http://www.servercrashers.com/music/Dirty%20Magic%20Acoustic.mp3)

Originally it was supposed to be Ryder's idea of him, Sarah and I doing a cover like this, but I've been sitting on this for months now. I'll probably re-record it with a better mic and whatnot, but if not, I think this is good enough.

Great cover. There's one issue with this version, though. There's this background noise which is kind of destroying the song because it's a bit too loud. But I guess that is going to be fixed in a newer version, isn't it?

wrc307
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
hey, i just saw this thread, and I want to actively participate on this. i've already made some covers with adobe audition and fruity loops with my guitar. and even i 've already made a KWHD cover, this is not only mine, we made this one with a friend of my... so what do you think?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I8GV6C5T
it's not a complete version but it sounds good

Ryder1234
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
It sounds good, but I've already finished Kick Him When He's Down... it's here http://rapidshare.com/files/372477825/Kick_Him_When_He_s_Down__The_Offspring_cover_.mp3. html

Check the very first post of this thread, and it has all the info on what songs and parts ar done, and what parts are available. Look at that and if you see something you want to do that no ones picked, you can do it. But if there's a name where it says "Who's running this song? Talk to:", that means someone called the song because they may have an idea, but they might not be doing every part. If you see a part you want but there's a name for the song, ask them if you can do that part.

wrc307
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
yeah, the first link didn't work so i thought that this thread was a little bit dead xD
well if someone needs something i'll be very happy to help

Ryder1234
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Let's not forget about this guys. Still lots of untaken parts.

Ryder1234
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
What in the- where did this go?
BACK FROM THE DEAD

But seriously, we should try to finish this now... And Smash for that matter.

randman21
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Read my mind, dudeski. I have had a great idea for Hypodermic for over a year now, but can never find myself just getting down to it.

Ryder1234
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I've got work experience until Wednesday but after that I'm gonna have the whole summer to get working on this. I don't even remember which songs I'm part of anymore haha, I'm gonna have to get myself back up to speed on that :p

Homer
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Am I still doing LAPD? Probably.

My band nearly recorded a cover for the album, but then we had to scratch it., because 18 songs is enough.