PDA

View Full Version : What happened to that RXP guy?

Omni
12-28-2009, 06:01 AM
I remember JohnnyNemesis said he was the butt of a joke in poor taste, but he never specified. I looked up his posting history, and it looks like he just stopped abruptly. The last thread he made was some weird shit where he professed he had some kind of cumload fetish. Did that have something to do with it?

I ask because I saw the screen name "We RoCk CanDy" on the birthday list, and it caught my eye. So I looked up his/her two posts and saw RXP in one of them.

Tijs
12-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I think whenever he was close to reaching 1000 posts he changed his name to PXR or XRP or whatever. He was awesome.

Jesus
12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
He's got the flu.

Vera
12-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Married some skank on Facebook last I heard.

nieh
12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I think Sin Studly posted some info about him that triggered a justifiable, but slightly disproportional backlash against him which ended up with him leaving. I remember it had something to do with some of the ladies of the BBS, but not really any of the details around it.

Lizardus
12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
He died and went to Canada.

wheelchairman
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Sin Studly didn't even post new information, he reorganized information we already knew, and made some conclusions and then some women on this bbs who had pretended to be his friends up until then did this typical-bbs backlash on him that drove him away.

The whole affair was extremely tasteless, of course I don't think I said anything at the time so it's not like I'm some saint in the matter.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I remember JohnnyNemesis said he was the butt of a joke in poor taste

Wha? I don't remember.

I think whenever he was close to reaching 1000 posts he changed his name to PXR or XRP or whatever. He was awesome.

He came back as "memento" I think.

Married some skank on Facebook last I heard.

Holy shit, I just laughed so hard!

I think Sin Studly posted some info about him that triggered a justifiable, but slightly disproportional backlash against him which ended up with him leaving.

No, nothing justifiable about it at all. What happened was that Mr. Studly made something up about RXP claiming he was good looking in some sense (as in claiming that RXP always said that), a minor verbal scuffle between the two ensued, and in an attempt to end things RXP VERY OBVIOUSLY joked about himself indeed being hotshtuff. Then, for some reason, every single woman on the BBS went off on him in response.

I was gone when it happened, but when I came back and saw it, it was the most confusing and bizarre thing. Like, it made such little sense, it was EERIE, no joke.

The strangest part is that the kind of behavior that led to this was the kind of behavior Justin always took part in himself, and it was always in good humor. Yeah, that whole thing is weird.

Vera
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I completely missed it when it happened, not sure why, but I just did. Did the posts get deleted or is everybody just too lazy to dig them up from the archives?

Tijs
12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Can we still donate money to RXP?

wheelchairman
12-28-2009, 04:40 PM
They're somewhere in one of the photobucket threads. I think Sim might've linked it in her BBS history thread, naturally.

nieh
12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
No, nothing justifiable about it at all. What happened was that Mr. Studly made something up about RXP claiming he was good looking in some sense (as in claiming that RXP always said that), a minor verbal scuffle between the two ensued, and in an attempt to end things RXP VERY OBVIOUSLY joked about himself indeed being hotshtuff. Then, for some reason, every single woman on the BBS went off on him in response.

It's been ages, so I might be remembering it wrong, but I thought RXP was doing something like overstating the fact that a number of the ladies on here had flirted with him, or otherwise shown they would be willing to sleep with him as a counter to something Justin had said, which made them jump in and go "uh, no I wouldn't" all at the same time. I always got the vibe prior to that that RXP could be the occasional douche (Dush? lulz), which is part of why I say some kind of backlash against him was probably justifiable and even imminent, even if that particular one didn't really make much sense.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
It's been ages, so I might be remembering it wrong, but I thought RXP was doing something like overstating the fact that a number of the ladies on here had flirted with him, or otherwise shown they would be willing to sleep with him as a counter to something Justin had said, which made them jump in and go "uh, no I wouldn't" all at the same time. I always got the vibe prior to that that RXP could be the occasional douche (Dush? lulz), which is part of why I say some kind of backlash against him was probably justifiable and even imminent, even if that particular one didn't really make much sense.

OH! Yes! I think your pieces are more accurate than mine...but my memory is (obviously) fuzzy on this, so I dunno. But yeah!

Rag Doll
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I thought there was also some rape comment he made at some point that incited more backlash, but I might be confusing him with someone else.

nieh
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I thought there was also some rape comment he made at some point that incited more backlash, but I might be confusing him with someone else.

I don't remember anything about that with RXP. I remember Notdoc (?) getting a lot of flack for saying something a little ignorant about it, but he was like 14 at the time and probably didn't know any better.

wheelchairman
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh I'm sure RXP got into some discussion about rape at some point, he was always making weird political points.

Homer
12-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I remember RXP... I also remember not reading a lot of his posts.

Some say I offer way to much insight into certain situations.

Paint_It_Black
12-29-2009, 02:46 AM
I believe Justin once gave me a link to the relevant thread but I have no idea what it was now. All I remember is that RXP basically did it all to himself. Justin was great at giving people enough rope to hang themselves. But he generally wasn't the one who put the rafters in the garage to begin with.

I think RXP blew it all out of proportion to begin with, making it entertaining and of course encouraging those with certain talents to make it even more entertaining.

JohnnyNemesis
12-29-2009, 05:08 AM
^I guess I'm hung up on the "entertaining" part. I'd seen, and likely been involved in, a lot worse on the BBS at the time, but this particular instance was so weird and illogical that I remember finding it more confusing than entertaining...which was frustrating partially because RXP had been around so long and had done so much to warrant an awesome backlash, but instead we got a sudden lapse in basic intelligence. Blown opportunities!

killer_queen
12-29-2009, 05:32 AM
The whole thing was extra weird for me because until then I thought Justin and RXP liked each other. Was I the only one?

WebDudette
12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
I just remember his avatar being a wolf, and he was kinda weird and self-centered.

nieh
12-29-2009, 10:15 AM
The whole thing was extra weird for me because until then I thought Justin and RXP liked each other. Was I the only one?

No, but it's not like it's unexpected for Justin to pull something like that out of his ass.

Paint_It_Black
12-30-2009, 02:52 AM
I guess I'm hung up on the "entertaining" part.

Yeah, I can't say I really got it either. Justin seemed to think it ranked up there with his greats but it seemed fairly mediocre to me. I think it was just far more entertaining for those involved than for the spectators on this one.

I think Justin merely tolerated RXP. And if I remember correctly, RXP's arrogance started to genuinely annoy him. But regardless, he would call anyone out on something if he felt it was called for, even those he liked, with maybe just one obvious exception. It was something I liked about him.

Andy
12-30-2009, 06:18 AM
I remember him. He was a smart-arse but all in all a pretty decent guy. Last thing I remember he was studying law or something at Birmingham University. That was about three years ago so I don't know anything more recent.

Essentially, this entire post is pointless.

Omni
12-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Ah, well thanks. That really doesn't sound so bad at all, sounds like he was just being a big crybaby. I've had my moments like that as well, I guess. I think the guy who made the retarded rape comment was probably ruroken. I remember we all had quite a few big laughs over him.

ps.
I guess I'm hung

loooool. That's all.

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Essentially, this entire post is pointless.

Aren't they all?

Not just yours specifically.

JohnnyNemesis
12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
loooool. That's all.

;) lol omg

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Hey Maria, why were all your posts deleted multiple times?

nieh
01-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Hey Maria, why were all your posts deleted multiple times?

I love you.

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Did that really just happen?

:eek:

nieh
01-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Did that really just happen?

:eek:

No, you're just imagining things. She never had any posts in this thread in the first place.

wheelchairman
01-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Good show, good show.

Apathy
01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
No, you're just imagining things. She never had any posts in this thread in the first place.

So in other words...never happened?

sKratch
01-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Oh I'm sure RXP got into some discussion about rape at some point, he was always making weird political points.

just like little wheelchairman of yesteryear ;o