PDA

View Full Version : Soundgarden is back!

Alex101
01-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Yup, it's true, Soundgarden is back! I'm glad this has happened, more than 10 years ago they were one of my favorite bands.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132774

offsrx
01-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Yup, it's true, Soundgarden is back! I'm glad this has happened, more than 10 years ago they were one of my favorite bands.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132774

Wow! Coooool! Fucking yess!:)

Rooster
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I knew it, i fucking knew it!!! I knew this would happen the moment i read about them appearing together at the Pearl Jam concert, together for the first time since '97. I knew the reunion could be announced anytime soon. Grunge is making a comeback, full scale. Pearl Jam, AiC and now Soundgarden...

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!

Alex101
01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I knew it, i fucking knew it!!! I knew this would happen the moment i read about them appearing together at the Pearl Jam concert, together for the first time since '97. I knew the reunion could be announced anytime soon. Grunge is making a comeback, full scale. Pearl Jam, AiC and now Soundgarden...

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!
So, who's next? Nirvana? I strongly doubt it, for obvious reasons. I read an article once that said Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl tried to get a replacement for Kurt Cobain, but it just didn't work out.

Rooster
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
So, who's next? Nirvana? I strongly doubt it, for obvious reasons. I read an article once that said Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl tried to get a replacement for Kurt Cobain, but it just didn't work out.

Psst, don't talk about Nirvana reunion, it might gave Courtney an idea... It would fail miserably. If Kurt wasn't the main songwriter then it might work somehow, but he was.

And i doubt about them trying to find a replacement, they didn't even want to play in Foo Fighters together (Novoselic turned down Grohl's offer and Grogl agreed, they both feared people would see the band as a continuation of Nirvana).

Alex101
01-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Psst, don't talk about Nirvana reunion, it might gave Courtney an idea... It would fail miserably. If Kurt wasn't the main songwriter then it might work somehow, but he was.

And i doubt about them trying to find a replacement, they didn't even want to play in Foo Fighters together (Novoselic turned down Grohl's offer and Grogl agreed, they both feared people would see the band as a continuation of Nirvana).
And that's why I said that I strongly doubt Nirvana would be the next to reunite.

PedroACastro
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
hope to see them in their 2010 tour if they pass trough my country

lucys_bad_habit
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
yea great great :cool:

nameless
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
should be interesting, his solo shows didnt go down too well but this will no doubt be better!

Llamas
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I liked soundgarden a lot. They were the best of the grunge era. But comebacks never go well. This will ruin their legacy.

Smash_Returns
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Grunge is back.

Pearl Jam is still around, AiC is back, Soundgarden is back, STP is back, only major grunge band missing is Nirvana.

Also, even though it's not grunge, but rather was a huge influence on grunge, the Pixies are back.

Rooster
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I liked soundgarden a lot. They were the best of the grunge era. But comebacks never go well. This will ruin their legacy.

Alice In Chains are doing great, and they seemed to be far more screwed than Soundgarden. At least Soundgarden didn't need to replace one of the crucial members... We'll have to wait and see how they'll do.

Grunge is back.

We've waited too long for this to happen. And now it finally did.

It was a weird feeling, blasting Superunknown again today and realising that we could hear some new material from this band in the near future. I know no other news from Soundgarden have been announced yet, but i'm expecting a new album. I don't give a fuck if it tops Superunknown or not, as long as it's a great record. Great to have them back!

Now we can enjoy the second wave of grunge.

Llamas
01-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah we'll see. But i've never understood all the love for superunknown. Badmotorfinger and screaming life/fopp are so much better.

Sidewinder
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I've always thought Soundgarden leaned more towards mediocrity rather than excellence. I'm not a big grunge fan to begin with, although I do enjoy Sponge and the occasional Pearl Jam. Soundgarden just never stood out.

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 05:48 PM
soundgarden and audioslave are the same guy right?

Omni
01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Pearl Jam and AiC's latest albums were of good quality. I enjoyed all the Audioslave albums. This is officially the best way to start a new year ever. I haven't been this excited in months.

Fucking motherfuck, man. Fuck!

nameless
01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
soundgarden and audioslave are the same guy right?

thats right, the same singer!

Apathy
01-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Outshined is one of my favorite rock songs ever, I'm not even sure why I like it so much, but I do. Without that song I doubt I would ever listen to Soundgarden.

Omni
01-03-2010, 06:30 AM
I would definitely call Outshined my choice cut from Badmotorfinger. "Grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting" and "I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota" have got to be some of the best lines ever.

nieh
01-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Yeah we'll see. But i've never understood all the love for superunknown. Badmotorfinger and screaming life/fopp are so much better.
I can't speak for Screaming Life and Fopp (never heard either, but didn't they start off as more of a cock-rock band than a grunge band?) but Superunknown on the whole has better riffs, melodies, hooks and more variation. That doesn't mean Badmotorfinger isn't good, just that Superunknown is at least a little better in almost every way. Except that Badmotorfinger has Jesus Christ Pose. Holy crap. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBDfUCpBFg)

Llamas
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Maybe i should listen to that album again. But i just love outshined! And rusty cage and jesus christ pose. :)

Apathy
01-03-2010, 11:55 PM
"Grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting" have got to be some of the best lines ever.

This is actually the one part that I cringe at every time I hear it. It's just sooo damn stupid. I definitely agree with the second one though, that's my favorite.

But i just love outshined! And rusty cage and jesus christ pose.

We agree on something! Replace Jesus Christ Pose with Slaves and Bulldozers for a higher score.

Superdope
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
4th of July is probably my favorite Soundgarden song, but I think Badmotorfinger overall is the better album. Rusty Cage is amazing.

Llamas
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM
This is actually the one part that I cringe at every time I hear it. It's just sooo damn stupid. I definitely agree with the second one though, that's my favorite.

I always liked that he says "Minnesota", but I never got what the line means. Maybe cause I don't know the lyrics to the rest of the song? Or I'm just slow.

We agree on something! Replace Jesus Christ Pose with Slaves and Bulldozers for a higher score.
:-D Hey, we both like the Packers and Streetlight Manifesto, too! haha I'm not sure what we disagree about besides movies (cause I hate like all movies...)

Rusty Cage is amazing.

Yayayayayayaya truer words have never been spoken.

Did anyone have Road Rash for Playstation? That game was not only awesome, but the soundtrack totally featured Rusty Cage and Outshined. I thank that game for getting me into Soundgarden when I was like 13.

Apathy
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Um yeah Road Rash was pretty much my reason for living for life at age 8 or however old I was. And the entire soundtrack was just Chris Cornell it seemed like.

As for the Minnesota thing, Its easier to understand once you read the lyrics and see that he says "Things Aren't looking so good" I thought it was "Are" for quite a while which confused me. But since this is a negative thing, I can assume that the line is about looking good on the outside (Like warm and sunny California) but feeling cold and desolate on the inside. Which, to be quite honest means that the song certainly shouldn't make you proud about Minnesota, haha.

"Grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting" have got to be some of the best lines ever
Also, I hate to burst your bubble but according to the lyrics sheet that came with the album, it's shedding. Not Shitting. Also, if you ever hear the song on the radio it doesn't get bleeped out, so it couldn't be a swear.

Moose
01-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Just to clarify for everyone:

He actually says the word shedding.

It isn't a censored version. It is the actual lyric. You can look it up if you like, but he is saying shedding, not shitting.

http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/cgi-bin/lyr.cgi?ly=outsh

that's a great site, hopefully the link works.

by the way...Soundgarden is an amazing band...one of the best ever and certainly one of the more underrated.

unfortunately Chris Cornell's latest efforts (from the last Audioslave album forward) have been awful and embarrassing...so we shouldn't get too excited.

Llamas
01-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Um yeah Road Rash was pretty much my reason for living for life at age 8 or however old I was. And the entire soundtrack was just Chris Cornell it seemed like.
haha, I can't remember what else was on there besides Soundgarden... but that soundtrack was awesome. Road Rash 3D had a pretty good one, too, but it was severely hindered by Sugar Ray and Kid Rock (though I liked those songs when I was a kid).

edit: I totally remember loving this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedWj08nqIY

As for the Minnesota thing, Its easier to understand once you read the lyrics and see that he says "Things Aren't looking so good" I thought it was "Are" for quite a while which confused me. But since this is a negative thing, I can assume that the line is about looking good on the outside (Like warm and sunny California) but feeling cold and desolate on the inside. Which, to be quite honest means that the song certainly shouldn't make you proud about Minnesota, haha.
lol... that's sort of the impression I got, but yeah that's not exactly the nicest portrayal of Minnesota :D It is a good line, though.

Omni
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM

He actually says the word shedding.

It isn't a censored version. It is the actual lyric. You can look it up if you like, but he is saying shedding, not shitting.

http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/cgi-bin/lyr.cgi?ly=outsh

that's a great site, hopefully the link works.

by the way...Soundgarden is an amazing band...one of the best ever and certainly one of the more underrated.

unfortunately Chris Cornell's latest efforts (from the last Audioslave album forward) have been awful and embarrassing...so we shouldn't get too excited.

I enjoyed all of the Audioslave albums immensely. Third one was my second favorite.

findout5
01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Soundgarden back??

Yechemach!! :)

Irish-Rover
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I love this band and i only liked the band via GTA SA(i know) but alot of critics (and i agree with this) call Chris Cornell "The greatest American Singer of all time" and i've always liked "You know my name".
Which do you prefer Soundgarden or Audioslave?

Apathy
01-09-2010, 01:47 AM

....read one line above your post.

offsrx
01-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!

yeah, grunge is back! 90's are back! :)
Cool

Where did you read that? I wanna read it.

Alex101
01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Where did you read that? I wanna read it.
It was on this Wikipedia article, Woodstock '94 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_'94#Notes_on_performers). It said, "Surviving Nirvana members were offered a large sum of money to get back together, with a new singer to replace Kurt Cobain, but turned it down.".

Alex101
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Apparently, it's been confirmed that they're going to co-headline this year's Lollapalooza festival in Chicago.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138016

Omni
04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Beat me to it. I trust you will be there also, Alex.

Alex101
04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Beat me to it. I trust you will be there also, Alex.
I will be where?

Alex101
02-15-2011, 06:45 PM
GOOD NEWS: They announced on their website today that they're putting out a new album. They also posted pictures from the studio.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153997

Rooster
02-16-2011, 03:08 AM
I have been waiting for this news ever since their reunion. No matter what they were saying, about no plans for an album quite yet but maybe sometime in the future, i smelled something was cooking :)

Great news though!

yarock
02-16-2011, 06:20 AM
It's just sad that people still are appealing to new Soundgarden record. I wish Thayil and Shepherd started their own act instead of reuniting with those two cockroaches.

Omni
02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
How is Matt Cameron a cockroach? Because he drums for Pearl Jam?

yarock
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
No, because he's a skinny asshole.

Rooster
02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
How is Matt Cameron a cockroach? Because he drums for Pearl Jam?

Don't bother, just ignore him.