PDA

View Full Version : I HATE spanish class!

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
My spanish teacher gave me homework over the holidays and I have been trying to figure it out all week but I can't. Today I thought I would try again. I got a couple things but I have only been taking spanish for a couple of months but my teacher thinks I can speak it fluently. I cannot figure it out! Does anyone know what terminan and acompana means?(In acompana there should be a "~" over the "n" but I don't know how to get it on top!)

Lizardus
01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Hello = Hola
Goodbye = Adios
My name is = Mi nombre es
Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? = Donde en el mundo esta Carmen San Diego?
Where is Waldo? = Donde esta Waldo?
I have a cat in my pants! = Tengo un gato en los pantalones!
That's what she said! = Eso fue lo que ella dijo!
Spanish sucks! = El español apesta!
Damn! = Carajo!
Facebook = Librocara
I broke his arm = Rompi su brazo

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 03:26 PM

That is great but I don't think it is an expression I will use very often! LOL:D

jacknife737
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Hello = Hola
Goodbye = Adios
My name is = Mi nombre es
Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? = Donde en el mundo esta Carmen San Diego?
Where is Waldo? = Donde esta Waldo?
That's what she said! = Eso fue lo que ella dijo!
Spanish sucks! = El español apesta!
Damn! = Carajo!
Facebook = Librocara

The most important phrases for any language.

m.offspring.r
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
if you hate spanish, try learn portuguese :p

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
if you hate spanish, try learn portuguese :p

I already speak a lot of portuguese but i forced to speak spanish!

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
dont you think it is mean to give kids homework over vacation? anyway i am in america. i shouldnt be forced to learn spanish

ospringfan112113
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
That is great but I don't think it is an expression I will use very often! LOL:DIt will probably be for me:D

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
It will probely be for me:D

bad idea... on here most phrases are dirty so you gotta be careful! ur 11 and so naiive!

IamSam
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
El burro sabe mas que tu

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
El burro sabe mas que tu

care to translate. I know the word burro I just can't remember it!

dff_punk
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
No hablo inglés. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7jZ0L8E9RE)

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:14 PM
No hablo inglés. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7jZ0L8E9RE)

I don't follow links if they say something because I don't know where they lead to but I know that means "I don't speak english"

dff_punk
01-02-2010, 04:17 PM
It leads to a youtube video.

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
It leads to a youtube video.

oh... i am not a fan of bowling for soup but i do like 1985(i think thats what its called)

Ryder1234
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't follow links if they say something because I don't know where they lead to but I know that means "I don't speak english"

If you scroll over the link and look at the bottom left of the page where it says "done" once a page has loaded, it shows you the actual address of the link.

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:24 PM
If you scroll over the link and look at the bottom left of the page where it says "done" once a page has loaded, it shows you the actual address of the link.

oh thanks i did not know that. i see it now!

Ryder1234
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
no problem :)

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZxyqMrb0uU

dexter12296566
01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZxyqMrb0uU

vince got arrested for attacking a hooker! at court he confessed and said "she bit my dick, so i hit her" to me he seemed gay!

PedroACastro
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I already speak a lot of portuguese but i forced to speak spanish!

how can you speak a lot of portuguese and can't understand spanish?

like terminan is equal to the portuguese word terminam which means "ending" or just "end" and acompana is almost the same as acompanha which is to accompany so i don't see you speaking a lot of portuguese

Ryder1234
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Plus terminan and acompana are spelt and pronounced almost like english words. (Terminate and accompany), so you should be able to figure it out without knowing the meaning at first. Lots of times last year in spanish if I didn't know a word I just looked to see if it was similar to an english word, so try that because it helps sometimes.

_Lost_
01-02-2010, 09:27 PM
how can you speak a lot of portuguese and can't understand spanish?
You'd be surprised. I read and write a fair bit in spanish, but can't do portuguese at all. Ask Gustavo. They are similar in a lot of ways, but simple things like the difference of one letter can throw me off. Not to mention that that sort of idea about how similar spanish and portuguese are doesn't always work out. Some words can seem almost the same in the two languages, but mean completely different things. Same goes for spanish and english. A lot of people like to think that most words that sound similar to an english word are the same thing, but that isn't true. It is in a lot of cases, but you can get yourself into a serious mess making those kind of assumptions.

skitogg
01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
care to translate. I know the word burro I just can't remember it!

the donkey knows more than you

we learned that in a little song in my spanish class last year

RickyCrack
01-03-2010, 01:56 AM
tru punx learn to speak german. fuck you espanials.

ad8
01-03-2010, 03:22 AM
...and you might say Offspring is his new favorite band = ???

_Lost_
01-03-2010, 07:53 AM

so... when do you plan to do that?

RageAndLov
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Google es tu amigo:
http://translate.google.com/

PS. Tu madre come coño, puta.

PedroACastro
01-03-2010, 08:28 AM
You'd be surprised. I read and write a fair bit in spanish, but can't do portuguese at all. Ask Gustavo. They are similar in a lot of ways, but simple things like the difference of one letter can throw me off. Not to mention that that sort of idea about how similar spanish and portuguese are doesn't always work out. Some words can seem almost the same in the two languages, but mean completely different things. Same goes for spanish and english. A lot of people like to think that most words that sound similar to an english word are the same thing, but that isn't true. It is in a lot of cases, but you can get yourself into a serious mess making those kind of assumptions.

in general people who speak portuguese tend to understand spanish better than spanish people trying to understand portuguese. at least everyone here including my friends who took spanish aced it.

Paint_It_Black
01-03-2010, 09:51 AM
anyway i am in america. i shouldnt be forced to learn spanish

Yeah, because living in America means you'll never encounter anyone speaking Spanish.

my teacher thinks I can speak it fluently.

I really, really doubt that.

holland25
01-03-2010, 09:53 AM
dont you think it is mean to give kids homework over vacation? anyway i am in america. i shouldnt be forced to learn spanish

Look, I'm at the university and I have to learn for almost all my exams during the vacation. And I'm not complaining. And about the second thing, I live in Slovakia, and I was ''forced'' to learn French for 5 years, ''forced'' to learn English for 16 years and ''forced'' to learn Spanish for 5 years. And I'm not complaining either. You never know when knowing to speak at least a little bit of any language will be useful for you.

Al Coholic
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM

TROO punx learn British cuz thats where punx started.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Look, I'm at the university and I have to learn for almost all my exams during the vacation. And I'm not complaining. And about the second thing, I live in Slovakia, and I was ''forced'' to learn French for 5 years, ''forced'' to learn English for 16 years and ''forced'' to learn Spanish for 5 years. And I'm not complaining either. You never know when knowing to speak at least a little bit of any language will be useful for you.

listen to this dude. he's got 4 languages minus the ones he can't right.
i wish i had education for all of these languages

luckily i can speak english and spanish fluently
and it will be easy for me to learn french and italian

SweetTatyana
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I know I am late but Lizardus' post was hilarious :)

dexter12296566
01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, because living in America means you'll never encounter anyone speaking Spanish.

I really, really doubt that.

if the spanish are gonna come to a spanish speaking country they should know english but we need to learn their language! and i meant my teacher expects me to speak fluently which i dont.

Superdope
01-05-2010, 03:30 AM
esto es pantalones.

Think of it as you being able to communicate with a larger amount of people.

Rutegard
01-05-2010, 03:50 AM

well compared to u..., i was just forced to speak english for 7 years :|

Paint_It_Black
01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
if the spanish are gonna come to a spanish speaking country they should know english but we need to learn their language!

I know what you are trying to say. However, it's better to deal with things in practical terms, not idealistic terms. If you live in the US then knowing Spanish can be occasionally useful. I'm sure you can agree with that?

Learning a second language is never a bad idea. It just helps create a well-rounded individual. And for you, Spanish is likely to be one of the more useful ones.

When I was your age I would have probably completely agreed with you. I hated being forced to study French. Now, however, I wish I had paid attention and actually tried to learn it. Aside from the obvious advantages of knowing a second language it can make you a better person in many subtle ways. For one, it gives you a chance to really explore a culture that is alien to you and broaden your worldview. This is never a bad thing.

Llamas
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
This isn't in response to the thread starter because I know she won't give a logical response, but just in general - a big reason that Spanish is becoming required in schools is less because of Mexicans moving to the US, and more because 1) more and more people want their kids to learn a second language and 2) the education system is starting to actually realize the importance and usefulness of having kids grow up with a second language. It just happens that Spanish is the most useful language in the US after English, so it's the easiest to find Spanish teachers and students would prefer to learn it over other languages. I'm not saying that all the Spanish-speakers in the US don't influence this, because of course they do. But it's not quite fair to say that you have to learn Spanish BECAUSE of them.

Well, I support compulsory language learning in schools. It'd be cool if there was more choice in which language you study (and now it's getting to the point where it's more beneficial to learn a language other than Spanish, since it seems like everyone's got that language qualification now...) I'm kind of sad to see that German programs are being phased out in favor of more Spanish, but that's just the nature of society. Nobody wants to learn German (except, as RC said, the trupunx). Sad day.

holland25
02-22-2010, 11:35 AM
You bumped every useless thread made in the past few months. Seriously, go choke on a dick and die.