PDA

View Full Version : Artist of the Month, January 2010: Sustain / Wait, I've heard this before!

ad8
01-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Introduction: Hi. My name is David(dff_punk), I play electric guitar and sing a bit. Last year I recorded some stuff on my computer and named it "Wait, I've heard this before!". In the summer, I finally got my own band where I also play guitar and sing. We named ourselves "Sustain". At this point of time, we have about 8 songs of our own rehearsed, one song recorded and have one semi-successful gig after us. We changed our bass player after the gig, cause of various troubles we had with him. Our hopes for this year are to play more concerts, make more new songs and perhaps record a demo.

Musical style & influences: It's basically catchy punk-rock with a little flavour of other related styles. While my "solo-project" Wait I've heard this before is a bit faster instrumental punk-rock with no vocals, my band Sustain plays more mellower tunes, but still with energy and catchyness. We hope to expand our musical horizons by rehearsing more and more songs. I write most of the songs, and to say which bands we are inspired with, I might just say The Offspring, Green Day, Sum 41, NOFX, Bad Religion, Blink 182... I think you get it.

Links: http://www.myspace.com/sustainband
http://www.myspace.com/waitiheardthisbefore

Downloads: http://www.zshare.net/audio/67516279c2f1ee00/

Rooster
01-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Oh hell yes! Hey Bartender is a great song, really catchy. You deserved this honour, since you've had quite some troubles (with Douchey McBassplayer for example, good thing that you kicked him out)!

ad8
01-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I can only agree. What I have heard from you was very promising; I hope we'll get to hear more stuff soon;)

dff_punk
01-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Gosh, thanks guys. Now I feel a bit special. I will try to defend this thread and acquire something new from my band, something you have not "heard before" during this actual month which we are the artist of :)

Blitz!
01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats ... it was about time that you got your 15 minutes of fame, sooooo enjoy :)

dff_punk
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi, since I'm(we're) still the AotM, and we're not recording anything new at the moment, I'm going to post at least some lyrics. This one is called "Welcome Here", it was the opening song to our gig, and it's a genuine classic punkrock number. Here are the lyrics I wrote to it.

Welcome Here

Welcome to the world of truth, the world where the truth equals lies,
where traditions are fading out, but those we have are super-size,
where everyone looks happy, but being happy is just their disguise,
where some want money, some want love, and some just want to vaporize,

It's the world we live in,
what is good and what's a sin?
All the values tossed aside,
but you'll sure enjoy this ride

Welcome here,
this is where you are gonna live
do not fear,
you'll give, we'll get, you'll get, we'll give
Welcome here,
now are you satisfied or not?
It is clear,
you've got to live with what you got
Welcome here

Some time ago this world's been invaded by a man called communist,
now he's replaced by materialist, hedonist and egotist.
Well, I want money, you want money, money seems like our new god,
but we do not have enough cash to buy out-of-earth escape pods.

So face it, you are here,
in this world of joy and fear,
you may not be as complete,
but what else will do you need?

Welcome here...

What is real and what is not?
This is real, I'll tell you what:
You have to keep your standards low
and then wherever you will go
you'll enjoy it...

(solo)

Welcome here...

Smash punker
01-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey dff Rocks!!!!!!!!!!! :D U guys sound like old Green Day to me ;) Nice job. Didnīt know that Uīve got a band again!!! :eek: Keep it up :D

ad8
01-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Very nice lyrics! I hope I'll get to hear this song one day;)