PDA

View Full Version : Please chop off my arms

RageAndLov
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
... and stitch them back on in the morning.

The thing is, when I go to bed I can't seem to find a place to put my arms. They're always in the way, no matter where I put them and how I lie. If you sleep while you lie on the back, then there's no problem, but I'm not capable to sleep on my back.
I usually spend an hour twisting and twirling in bed trying to find a somewhat comfortable position to be in.
I never had this problem before, it just came a few months ago.

So what do you do? Where do you place your arms when sleeping?

Al Coholic
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Try a body pillow, you wrap your legs and arms around it. Or find someone to spoon.

Llamas
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Sounds like restless leg syndrome, only with arms. See your doctor for advice. I had restless leg syndrome, and all I had to do was start drinking a shitload more water. I still struggle, but not NEARLY as much as I used to.

KHWHD
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I've slept the same way for as long as I can remember. 1 arm is under the pillow and my head rests on the other arm which is kinda folded on the pillow (if that makes any sense.)

RageAndLov
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounds like restless leg syndrome, only with arms. See your doctor for advice. I had restless leg syndrome, and all I had to do was start drinking a shitload more water. I still struggle, but not NEARLY as much as I used to.

I don't think that's the problem. I simply have no place to put my arms, since I'm sleeping on my side.

I've slept the same way for as long as I can remember. 1 arm is under the pillow and my head rests on the other arm which is kinda folded on the pillow (if that makes any sense.)

Hmm... I'll try that.

Try a body pillow, you wrap your legs and arms around it. Or find someone to spoon.

I can't fall asleep spooning, and my girlfriend dislikes that. There's nowhere to put the arm lying onto the madras.

And the body pillow, they are so expensive:
http://scudamor.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/26phenom-500.jpg

Al Coholic
01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Is your girlfreind like, 12? Cause this underage-anime-girl thing's just getting weirder with you. You're weird.

ospringfan112113
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
A lot of times I can't sleep well ethier because of my arms,so I sit on them till they fall asleep.:D

Little_Miss_1565
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I fall asleep on my side, even though I usually wake up on my back. I get the arm right on the mattress under my pillow and fall asleep that way.

nieh
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I normally have an extra pillow that I wrap my arms around like a stuffed animal.
Don't judge me.

Al Coholic
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Alot of times I can't sleep well etheir cuz of my arms,so I sit on them till they fall asleep.:D

That's interesting. You regularly have trouble sleeping and contort yourself to sit on both arms with enough pressure and duration to make them both fall asleep. Ofcourse you'd probably have to get up to do this, because a bed is too soft. And then you find it easier to sleep. Very interesting.

And believeable.

Usually it's dexternumbers who can relate any story into something extremely believable. You guys wouldn't happen to be related would you?

DMelges
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Normally I sleep holding the sheets under my head, using them as a second pillow over the pillow. It's awesome.

Tijs
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Generally speaking I put my one arm under my pillow so my head is a little bit higher, the other one I use to hold the sheets close to my body to prevent from cold air getting under it. Oh and I sleep on my side.

It's nice and comfortable and warm. However I can hardly ever really decide if I should on my right or left side so I turn around a lot before I fall asleep. And even in the middle of the night I still can't make up my mind. I can never remember which side I was laying on when I fell asleep or when I woke up.

Llamas
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, if not for the restless leg syndrome thing... I sleep on my side, but with my torso partially turned forward. The bottom arm is usually extended part-way behind me across the bed, and the top arm is under the pillow. This is pretty typical for me.

randman21
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Damn, Rage. I'm having the same problem, even the part where it's only been happening for a few months. Sleeping on my side was the best, but I had to stop because suddenly, I'd wake up with bad pain in my shoulders and collarbone. Nowadays (if I can explain this well), I sleep on my stomach, with a pillow longways so that the bottom of the pillow is under my chest. I put my arms under the pillow under where my temple would be if the pillow weren't. And my own personal touch, I put another pillow on my head.

RageAndLov
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Well, if not for the restless leg syndrome thing... I sleep on my side, but with my torso partially turned forward. The bottom arm is usually extended part-way behind me across the bed, and the top arm is under the pillow. This is pretty typical for me.

This the closest thing to how I sleep, except for the top arm being partial under my head.

Damn, Rage. I'm having the same problem, even the part where it's only been happening for a few months. Sleeping on my side was the best, but I had to stop because suddenly, I'd wake up with bad pain in my shoulders and collarbone. Nowadays (if I can explain this well), I sleep on my stomach, with a pillow longways so that the bottom of the pillow is under my chest. I put my arms under the pillow under where my temple would be if the pillow weren't. And my own personal touch, I put another pillow on my head.

Wow, you've got a weird sleeping habit. So you have three pillows? I only use one.

Is your girlfreind like, 12? Cause this underage-anime-girl thing's just getting weirder with you. You're weird.

She's actually just three days younger than me. And the character in my avatar is supposed to be 18.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
i read this as Please chop off my nuts

randman21
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, you've got a weird sleeping habit. So you have three pillows? I only use one.

Heh, I know. Normally, that would be just two pillows (one for the chest/head, and one over my head), but I have one hella long pillow, about 3 ft long, so I just use that.

nevo
01-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I have the same problem. I usually rest my arms over my head and under my pillow (If that makes any sense to you). You can also try buying a body pillow.