PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for the BBS

Ryder1234
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Just throwing out some ideas from the Canucks forums: check this thread as it contains both things that we should incorporate.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/261071-official-burrows-vs-auger-thread-all-threads-merged-in-here/

First idea: we should get a positive/negative count for each post like near the quote button. The canucks board has a limit on how many you can give out a day, i think it's 10 so 10 positive reps and 10 negative a day.

Second: Subtitles on threads. You can see beside the heading, that theres the smaller text subtitle. It seems like a good idea, plus you could tag threads like [MEDIA], [COVER] etc., that kinda stuff.

I'm guessing there's a very low chance this'll happen but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Al Coholic
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Let me start off by saying that whatever could obviously be negative will be pointed out by everyone who cant weigh pros and cons. I don't want to be one of those douchebags that would say something like "hurrr durr if u allow different color fonts sum ppl will b hard to read like dis"

The first is fine, but the second has a problem. I can't access a view of thread titles because Im not a member, but if I understand correctly, people giving other threads subtitles just leads to a lot of this:

"Some ideas for the BBS"
8==========D

Little_Miss_1565
01-12-2010, 06:26 PM
There are a few too many people with too much time on their hands to instate the rep system, but I'm interested in the subheadings.

"Some ideas for the BBS"
8==========D

That would be far more entertaining than what some people seem to think passes for intelligent conversation, ha.

Sidewinder
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
"Some ideas for the BBS"
8==========D

I support this idea!

WebDudette
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Why do people think popularity contests on the forum need to be promoted more then they already are?

RonWelty
01-13-2010, 05:47 AM
I thought this forum was made to talk about The Offspring. It's interesting to see that only one/two section out of 8 are really about the band.

Little_Miss_1565
01-13-2010, 06:52 AM
I thought this forum was made to talk about The Offspring. It's interesting to see that only one/two section out of 8 are really about the band.

Especially considering that the people who post on this forum didn't create the forum headings. Egads, could it be that the band is cool with only 2 sections really being about the band?! CONSPIRACY.

Superdope
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Especially considering that the people who post on this forum didn't create the forum headings. Egads, could it be that the band is cool with only 2 sections really being about the band?! CONSPIRACY.

It just doesn't add up.

SweetTatyana
01-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah I thought Offspring was happy keeping their personal lifes personal.
I dont' understand all these lets change the BBS things, I don't really see any problem with it now.

Harleyquiiinn
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah I thought Offspring was happy keeping their personal lifes personal.
I dont' understand all these lets change the BBS things, I don't really see any problem with it now.

I also like it the way it is. I'd like the ability to delete my own threads but I realized that most people here don't mind so I don't care that much....

Technically, I think that board is very well conceived, practical and all...

Thomas
01-13-2010, 11:30 PM
CONSPIRACY.

OF ONE.

And that, folks, concludes my one and only post in the past week. Thank you for your time. Goodnight, and good luck.

Al Coholic
01-14-2010, 11:45 PM
OF ONE
penis

Ok, I'm for it.

Oxygene
01-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I'd appreciate if there was like a pure text version where you wouldn't be limited to like 40 posts per page...

I don't really care for peoples personalized statuses, and pictures and signatures and all that jazz... I'm interested in what people have to say.

If I wanted all that other shit, I'd be on myspace facebook etc.

Free?
01-15-2010, 03:48 AM
I'd appreciate if there was like a pure text version where you wouldn't be limited to like 40 posts per page...

I don't really care for peoples personalized statuses, and pictures and signatures and all that jazz... I'm interested in what people have to say.

If I wanted all that other shit, I'd be on myspace facebook etc.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3033/bingok.jpg

T-6005
01-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd up all your reps ten times a day.