PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for the BBS

Ryder1234
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Just throwing out some ideas from the Canucks forums: check this thread as it contains both things that we should incorporate.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/261071-official-burrows-vs-auger-thread-all-threads-merged-in-here/

First idea: we should get a positive/negative count for each post like near the quote button. The canucks board has a limit on how many you can give out a day, i think it's 10 so 10 positive reps and 10 negative a day.

Second: Subtitles on threads. You can see beside the heading, that theres the smaller text subtitle. It seems like a good idea, plus you could tag threads like [MEDIA], [COVER] etc., that kinda stuff.

I'm guessing there's a very low chance this'll happen but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Al Coholic
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Let me start off by saying that whatever could obviously be negative will be pointed out by everyone who cant weigh pros and cons. I don't want to be one of those douchebags that would say something like "hurrr durr if u allow different color fonts sum ppl will b hard to read like dis"

The first is fine, but the second has a problem. I can't access a view of thread titles because Im not a member, but if I understand correctly, people giving other threads subtitles just leads to a lot of this:

"Some ideas for the BBS"
8==========D

Sidewinder
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
"Some ideas for the BBS"
8==========D

I support this idea!

WebDudette
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Why do people think popularity contests on the forum need to be promoted more then they already are?

RonWelty
01-13-2010, 05:47 AM
I thought this forum was made to talk about The Offspring. It's interesting to see that only one/two section out of 8 are really about the band.

Superdope
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Especially considering that the people who post on this forum didn't create the forum headings. Egads, could it be that the band is cool with only 2 sections really being about the band?! CONSPIRACY.

It just doesn't add up.

SweetTatyana
01-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah I thought Offspring was happy keeping their personal lifes personal.
I dont' understand all these lets change the BBS things, I don't really see any problem with it now.

Harleyquiiinn
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah I thought Offspring was happy keeping their personal lifes personal.
I dont' understand all these lets change the BBS things, I don't really see any problem with it now.

I also like it the way it is. I'd like the ability to delete my own threads but I realized that most people here don't mind so I don't care that much....

Technically, I think that board is very well conceived, practical and all...

Thomas
01-13-2010, 11:30 PM
CONSPIRACY.

OF ONE.

And that, folks, concludes my one and only post in the past week. Thank you for your time. Goodnight, and good luck.

Al Coholic
01-14-2010, 11:45 PM
OF ONE
penis

Ok, I'm for it.

Oxygene
01-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I'd appreciate if there was like a pure text version where you wouldn't be limited to like 40 posts per page...

I don't really care for peoples personalized statuses, and pictures and signatures and all that jazz... I'm interested in what people have to say.

If I wanted all that other shit, I'd be on myspace facebook etc.

Free?
01-15-2010, 03:48 AM
I'd appreciate if there was like a pure text version where you wouldn't be limited to like 40 posts per page...

I don't really care for peoples personalized statuses, and pictures and signatures and all that jazz... I'm interested in what people have to say.

If I wanted all that other shit, I'd be on myspace facebook etc.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3033/bingok.jpg

T-6005
01-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd up all your reps ten times a day.