PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions Game

Al Coholic
01-13-2010, 10:12 PM
That's right. I'm taking a shot at picking the winners throughout the playoffs. Last year I picked the Steelers to win the superbowl(all be it against the Eagles). I encourage everyone to contribute.

Since we're making a game of it, I'll make it a little diverse. It's not that complicated.

Win by scoring the most points:

2 pts - Correctly pick a winner
1 pt - correctly pick an underdog (by a spread of 3.5 pts or more) to win
1 pt - correctly pick by how much they'll win
1 pt - correctly pick the score

Points are cumulutative. It is possible to earn up to 5 pts per game.

BONUS: SUPERBOWL
Make a superbowl pick ahead of time and get bonus points. Get it wrong in the divisional round? Try again before the Conference championship. Superbowl picks made after Championship games will be scored regularly.

Pre-Divisional Round Superbowl Picks:
2 pts - Correctly pick one team to contend
2 pts - Correctly pick both contenders
2 pts - Correctly pick winner
2 pts - correctly pick amount by which winner will win
2 pts - correctly pick score
2 pts - correctly pick MVP

Points are cumulutative. If you make your picks this week, it is possible to earn up to 12 pts.

Pre-Championship Round Superbowl Picks:
Same rules apply, half points will be awarded.

Here's the line:
Chargers 7 pt favorites over Jets

Colts 6.5 pt favorites over Ravens

Saints 7 pt favorites over Cardinals

Vikings 2.5 pt favorites over Cowboys

Al Coholic
01-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Ok, the safe bets on the Chargers. The Jets look good. I heard the number 1 D? Plethers of backs and recievers. Infact you can argue they're more talented. But traveling to the west coast idk about Sanchez, I trust Rivers and Tomlinson to protect the ball better. Wouldn't be surprised if this one came down to turnovers.

Chargers over Jets 20-10

I'm hesitent here, because I could see Manning pull another out of his ass. I see the Ravens playing hard in a toss up, but ultimately this could be the kinda game where it comes down to the last drive. If it's in Flacco's hands, idk. If it's in Mannings, I kinda feel a win. Homefeild helps push me decide.

I'll probably regret this.

Colts Over Ravens 20-17

Fuck the Saints, they're an overrated incomplete team. They're like the 2005 Bengals or the Colts of 02-05, great QB and recievers and that's about it. I'm not even convinced their recievers are great, I think it's more their depth, coach, and QB that makes them overachieve. Their defense is bad. Just bad, they're just not on the feild enough to show you just how bad they can be. I hope they go down in flames.

Cardinals over Saints 38-23

Ok, I like the Vikings. They're the most complete team there is. Farve is on fire, there's no denying it. He had as many TDs as anyone and only 7 picks. AP is AfuckingP, and their D is pretty intimidating. They come off a bye week rest and Romo is inconsistent again.

Vikings over Cowboys 28-14

SUPERBOWL PICK:

Vikings over Chargers 24-20
MVP: Adrian Peterson

come out swinging
01-14-2010, 07:04 AM
GO COLTS I have been a Colts fan for many many years b4 Peyton Manning era. I live in the new england area and surrounded by pat fans. I like the red sox and bruins but not the pats.

With the colts starters being benched and the perfect season ending, the momentum has changed. Its going to be a good game to watch. It should be the a close one. Colts by 13

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Look guys I typed a lot of words. That's a big investment so I'll keep bumping this untill it pays off.

Apathy
01-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I promise I'll do it asap but my computer has aids right now and typing shitloads of predictions over an iPhone would be too taxing. I will say That I'm probably going to agree with you in afc and reverse your NFC picks

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
It's a pretty great slate of games all around, my gut actually went with all upset wins, hopefully I didn't overthink this one.

Llamas
01-15-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm all about this. Best thread you've made, Al. Did you come up with this yourself, or borrow it from somewhere? Either way, good idea. Here are my predictions:

Jets 27 Chargers 24

I know Jets are inconsistent, not the best record this year... but they've been one of those teams this year that plays like shit against shitty teams, but really steps up to the plate against worthy opponents. Most of their wins were against good teams. Plus they've got a badass defense and a huge rushing game. The Chargers have a solid pass attack, but I think the Jets can hold them. I previously had picked the Chargers, even had them winning the Super Bowl... now I'm unsure. I think I might regret this choice.

Ravens 31 Colts 24

Well, Peyton Manning is definitely an excellent QB. There is not even a tiny question there. But he pretty much is the Colts. Without him, the Colts are rather average. And Peyton has a tendency to choke in the playoffs. In addition, the Ravens really impressed me against the Pats. The Colts get their wins on having a strong offense, but the Ravens I feel are more balanced, while still having quite a tough o game. I just think the Ravens are the better team overall, and will stay solid through the game despite nerves getting to some players. The Colts rely too much on Manning.

Cardinals 34 Saints 28

I really think the Cardinals' o-line is gonna do a huge number on the Saints. The game will probably have a higher score than this, but I don't wanna overdo it. Both games have extremely powerful offense, but pretty weak defense... however, I think that last week was a real wake-up call for AZ, and they'll have spent this last week focusing on D.

Vikings 16 Cowboys 14

First of all, I hate to pick the Vikings. I really do not want to see them win. I hate the Cowboys as well, but I'd generally prefer them. However, I just can't see the Cowboys winning this one. Barber is coming back into the game, but he's not at full capacity... Romo has been playing well lately, but who knows how long that might last. The Vikings have the dome advantage, which is a VERY VERY loud stadium if you've ever been there, and the Vikes are well rested. I don't think the Vikings will win the NFC, as Favre's gotta choke in the playoffs - it's pretty much a law of the NFL - but I think this game is theirs. I do expect a low score, with a lot of turnovers and a lot of defense. I hope Marion Barber is feeling okay and can compete with AP... expect it to be a very, very good game.

SUPER BOWL: Ravens 21 Cardinals 17 (I feel this is a terrible prediction right now... haha)

I picked too many underdogs for this to be realistic... oh well.

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
And your MVP?

All my idea, I made it up as I went.

Llamas
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Ah yes, MVP Larry Fitzgerald

lololo mvp from losing team, cool shit.

Edit: my predictions really don't match what I want to happen in the playoffs... but the problem is, nothing is ideal. In all reality, I want the Vikings to lose before the super bowl... and the only team I think can really beat them unless a major choke happens is the Saints. But I don't want the Saints in the super bowl. As for the AFC, it's hard to pick because I really would love the Jets to win the sb, but I don't believe it'll happen... I think the Chargers are most likely, and I'd actually prefer them to the Ravens, but if the Jets beat the Chargers, I don't really expected they'd also beat the Ravens... I dunno, I'm horrible at predictions. :P

Apathy
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
...the mvp can't be from the losing team.

Chargers 27 Jets 14

I'm torn on this one. I hate the Jets and love the Chargers, but the Jets really have a perfect matchup on this one. The Jets are good at running, and Darelle Revis is a beast obviously. The chargers are bad against the run and need big plays from Vincent Jackson to prevail. I'm still going to go with the Chargers, with a nice day from Gates to save them hopefully.

Colts 21 Ravens 17

I'm not sure what to do here so I'm basically going to say this unravels the same way their earlier matchup did this year, only with a few more points scored. I could see this going either way as well.

Saints 33 Cardinals 30

EVERYone seems to think that the Saints are a fluke and they put up big numbers but aren't a complete team. That could be true....but so are the Cardinals. I say the Saints win a close one then probably lose out next week.

Cowboys 27 Vikings 20

I know I'm biased, but I think Brett Favre chokes with a late interception to seal the deal. Most analysts seem to think the Cowboys are the hottest team in the league right now. Whether or not that's true, they do look very complete. I don't see them going to the Super Bowl though, which leaves me with a predicament because I don't see the Saints making it either.

Superbowl: Chargers 35 Saints 30

I hate this pick because I don't think either of these teams are super bowl worthy...but I do see them winning against their specific matchups, so I guess I have to make the call.
MVP: LaDanian Tomlinson...not necessarily because he will deserve it but because he's probably going to retire soon and ride off into the sunset if they win the superbowl. Rivers should and might win it.

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Hopes and predictions are way off.

Well I was backing Philly and they went one and done. I don't like the Colts. Never did, and now that Dungy's gone I could care less for them. Hoping the Ravens beat them, but I picked the Colts. Against my gut. Still feel weird about that.

Llamas
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
...the mvp can't be from the losing team.

Oh I know. I just don't feel good about my SB prediction, and for some reason, I feel better about Fitz as MVP... haha. I know both those predictions will be wrong, so I don't expect any points from either.

Of all the teams left, I like the Jets the most and the Vikings the least. I guess I'd most like a Jets Cardinals sb, with the Jets winning. I'd like to see the Vikings get crushed embarrassingly, and I want the Cowboys to lose. It's all just so unlikely, though... not that my predictions are all that likely, either... I'm just still bitter about the GB game :(

Apathy
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
oh, so you're splitting them in hopes that at least one will be right? Clever, haha. And a tad bit sleazy. Larry does look good as MVP, but if the Cardinals do end up winning I can't see it being anyone other than Kurt right now.

Llamas
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
oh, so you're splitting them in hopes that at least one will be right? Clever, haha. And a tad bit sleazy. Larry does look good as MVP, but if the Cardinals do end up winning I can't see it being anyone other than Kurt right now.

I hate to admit it, but you're probably right. There's also the fact that QBs are the most commonly picked for MVP, especially ones with gun arms like Warner. Larry's just been so fucking badass lately... I could see him getting it.

But I mean, 2008 Super Bowl... Eli Manning getting MVP... kinda helps prove in my mind that you gotta do something really amazing to overstep the qb for that award.

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 06:34 PM
In 02 Dexter Jackson, a previously uncelebrated free safety, got the award for 2 interceptions early in the game. CB Dwight Smith had 2 picks for TDs, but they didn't give it to him because they were late - one was after the game was won.

But what produced those two interceptions? Sapp and Rice in their prime giving good pressure, Brooks, Barber, BK, and Lynch in their prime providing great coverage(among others), Monte Kiffin being possibly the best D-Coordinator of his time, and Jon Gruden knowing the offense of the Raiders inside out. D-Jack was just in the right place at the right time and the guy everyone picked on. The guy who really deserved it was Brad Johnson, but oh well.

Now if it was a Most Valuable Unit award, totally different. The Giants QBs unit wouldn't win, it would've been their D-line. The thing is, when you win on offense, it's easy to say the QB had a great game, the RB had a bunch of yards/tds, or a reciever lead far and away in stats and important catches. But a defensive team? You can't really give it to any one guy, defense is such a team effort.

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Saints 33 Cardinals 30

EVERYone seems to think that the Saints are a fluke and they put up big numbers but aren't a complete team. That could be true....but so are the Cardinals. I say the Saints win a close one then probably lose out next week.

I don't think they're a fluke, I think they're good. But an incomplete team that could go down in the playoffs. They don't have a defense and their running game is average at best. The Cards, if you remember, had a good D last year. I haven't followed them this year, but I think it's still there.

Sidewinder
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm taking the Chargers over the Jets 20 - 17.

I'm taking the Ravens 24-21 over the Colts.

I'm taking the Saints 34 - 27 over the Cardinals.

I'm taking the Vikings 35 - 31 over the Cowboys.

SUPERBOWL:

I'm taking the Saints over the Chargers by 10, 34 - 24, MVP to Brees.

Notes:

*I think the Colts could beat the Saints in a shootout, but I think the Ravens' offense is more diverse than the Colts and will be able to control the clock better. I'm thinking back to those Texas games where Manning threw 40-60 passes and still barely eked by.

*I'm too impressed by the Chargers right now to have them losing before the superbowl; they're on an amazing tear and Phillip Rivers may be the best clutch QB playing right now.

*With Jabari Greer looking to be nearly if not at full health and a much rested up secondary, I'm seeing the Saints being able to slow the Cards down just enough to get a lead and hold it.

*I think the Vikings game could go either way, and I'm basically picking Favre over Romo / Viking run defense over Cowboys run defense. Cowboys may get more rushing yards amongst their trio back there, but the Vikings' runs will end up being more significant.

*I respect the Jets' ability to defend the pass (and, well, anything) but Quentin Jammer will be the best DB that Sanchez has faced in a while, and if the Chargers can put them in passing situations I don't think he'll be able to respond well enough to win.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2010, 07:02 PM
The Cardinals are anything but flukey, and they're actually one of the only not-flukey teams remaining I feel.

I can't participate in this thing with my team still in it. It's just so hard for me to come up with objective predictions. Best of luck to those of you who aren't assholes, though (in other words, go Apathy, win win win!)*

*lol, calm down, the rest of you.

Cock Joke
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm just posting here to say that the Ravens are gonna win teh Super Bowl.

Later

Sidewinder
01-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Don't worry, Ricky! Your team's due to disappoint you any time now!

IamSam
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
The Cards, if you remember, had a good D last year. I haven't followed them this year, but I think it's still there.

They have a decent D, but they are streaky. Some games they play amazing (Giants/Vikings) and some games they play horribly. Normally after they have been "disgraced," such as the Green Bay game, they step up and play out of their minds. However, playing out of their minds won't be enough against Brees and company.

Llamas
01-16-2010, 02:11 AM
In 02 Dexter Jackson, a previously uncelebrated free safety, got the award for 2 interceptions early in the game. CB Dwight Smith had 2 picks for TDs, but they didn't give it to him because they were late - one was after the game was won.

But what produced those two interceptions? Sapp and Rice in their prime giving good pressure, Brooks, Barber, BK, and Lynch in their prime providing great coverage(among others), Monte Kiffin being possibly the best D-Coordinator of his time, and Jon Gruden knowing the offense of the Raiders inside out. D-Jack was just in the right place at the right time and the guy everyone picked on. The guy who really deserved it was Brad Johnson, but oh well.

Now if it was a Most Valuable Unit award, totally different. The Giants QBs unit wouldn't win, it would've been their D-line. The thing is, when you win on offense, it's easy to say the QB had a great game, the RB had a bunch of yards/tds, or a reciever lead far and away in stats and important catches. But a defensive team? You can't really give it to any one guy, defense is such a team effort.

Totally good points. And I know the whole D-line thing is impossible for MVP... I can't remember that long ago all too clearly, but I do remember one wide receiver (the one who caught the ball against his helmet, wasn't that catch to win the game?), and one member of the D-line (no idea which now...) who I thought should've won it, especially over Manning. Wasn't that a rather low scoring game? I just remember being floored by the fact that Manning won MVP in that game...

MVP's are almost always a tough call, though, and the general population will probably never agree on one.

The Cardinals are anything but flukey, and they're actually one of the only not-flukey teams remaining I feel.

I can't participate in this thing with my team still in it. It's just so hard for me to come up with objective predictions. Best of luck to those of you who aren't assholes, though (in other words, go Apathy, win win win!)*

*lol, calm down, the rest of you.

FUK U RICKY! You cheer for Apathy, even though he has the Jets losing in round 1??? *punches u*

Haha, this... sadly

They have a decent D, but they are streaky. Some games they play amazing (Giants/Vikings) and some games they play horribly. Normally after they have been "disgraced," such as the Green Bay game, they step up and play out of their minds. However, playing out of their minds won't be enough against Brees and company.
I'm not sure if you meant this as, playing out of their minds won't help them beat the Saints, or it won't stop the Saints' offense. If the latter, I agree; if the former, I don't. I don't think the Cards can stop the Saints' offense... what I do think, however, is that, if the Cards' defense can step up enough to stop the Saints on just a couple drives, the Cards' offense can take the game just be scoring the most points. Because the Saints' defense I don't think stands as all that much of a roadblock to Warner and co.

I'm having a few Czech friends (and one American... so I won't be the only person who has a clue what's going on :P) over tonight to watch the Cardinals game... I'm excited. I really want the Cards to get this one.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2010, 03:55 AM

If history is any indication, they'll at least get to the last quarter of the AFC Championship Game before falling apart on me :P

Al Coholic
01-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Totally good points. And I know the whole D-line thing is impossible for MVP... I can't remember that long ago all too clearly, but I do remember one wide receiver (the one who caught the ball against his helmet, wasn't that catch to win the game?), and one member of the D-line (no idea which now...) who I thought should've won it, especially over Manning. Wasn't that a rather low scoring game? I just remember being floored by the fact that Manning won MVP in that game...

MVP's are almost always a tough call, though, and the general population will probably never agree on one.

Justin Tuck had a couple of sacks and I think a FF. David Tyree is a bad reciever who didn't make an acrobatic Fitzgerald/Jennings type catch. It was a bad catch he was lucky to come down with, he barely possesion at all. He abosultely didn't deserve the MVP. Manning didn't do the best job there, his contribution was mediocre. People forget that right before that play Asante Samuel dropped a pick Manning threw right to him.

IamSam
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
or it won't stop the Saints' offense. If the latter, I agree; if the former, I don't. I don't think the Cards can stop the Saints' offense... what I do think, however, is that, if the Cards' defense can step up enough to stop the Saints on just a couple drives, the Cards' offense can take the game just be scoring the most points. Because the Saints' defense I don't think stands as all that much of a roadblock to Warner and co.

This is what I meant!

Sidewinder
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Breeeeeesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

IamSam
01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
However, playing out of their minds won't be enough against Brees and company.

Oh looky!

Also losing Antrel Rolle (starting FS) and DRC (starting CB) kinda hurt.

Plus I would love to see a few more holding calls on the Saints...but that's just me.

But damn the Saints look impressive!

Llamas
01-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Jayzus, Cards. Well my playoffs prediction is obviously fucked, haha. Deep down, I knew the Saints would win... I didn't watch most of the game cause I was kinda drunk and socializing, but I definitely saw at least one or two turnovers, and every time I looked up, the Saints had the ball. I saw a few really awesome runs from Reggie Bush, too.

Dumb, ignorant question: what did the signs mean that Saints fans were holding? "Who dat?" and stuff. What am I missing?

lol, this colts/ravens game is really making my predictions look hot. Not a year for the underdogs, is it...

Sidewinder
01-17-2010, 01:53 AM
WHO DAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Dat%3F

Edit: Apathy has 2 points to mine and Al's 1 point each.

Llamas
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow. Just wow. Did the Cowboys even show up to that game? That was just pathetic.

I'm not happy with these playoffs so far. At least I get a point for being right that the Vikes would win... I seriously expected a lot more from the Cowboys, though.

And I really don't think the Jets are gonna win tonight... I'd almost rather the Chargers win because I think they have a better chance against Indy. But I'm cheering Jets, anyway.

Al Coholic
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
So after week 1:

llamas - 8pts
Al Coholic - 4pts
Apathy - 4pts
Sidewiner - 4pts
Come Out Swinging - 2pts (genius strategy of only picking one team)

Sidewinder
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Let me down more, Phillip Rivers.

Al Coholic
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't think he could anymore without somehow breaking Drew Brees's arm.

Llamas
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately I was in bed for that Jets game... but holy fuck! I wanted it to happen soooo bad, but how? haha. Somebody tell me what happened!

Sidewinder
01-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Darrelle Revis decided to simply cover every single person on the Chargers, including their defense and the coaches.

But seriously that dude's a beast.

Llamas
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
That's awesome. I'm so proud of the Jets.

I just watched the highlights. I'm kinda pissed I missed that game... most interesting game of the weekend. But I'm not sure how I feel about it - the Chargers missed THREE field goals - had they gotten them, they probably would've won. It really feels like the Chargers lost the game, rather than the Jets won the game. Anyway, I'm happy, and hope the Jets can take the Colts next week.

By the way, did anyone else find the final td in the vikings/cowboys game to be entirely dickish? "Shit, guys, we're only up by at least three possessions, if we got a field goal, it'd only up it to a solid four... there's a whole 2 minutes left in the game... we'd better go for it on 4th down!!!!" The Cowboys got one fucking field goal... I thought the classy thing to do in this situation was to take the field goal, and kick off to the Cowboys, hoping they don't score 4 times in 2 minutes. Jayzus.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Now that the game is over, I can say this without fear of jinxing my boys: why the hell did anyone pick the Chargers? It was a perfect matchup in every way for the Jets: Chargers can't run, Jets stop the run, Vincent Jackson is ridiculously overrated, Revis shuts down players twice as good as anyone in San Diego on a regular basis, etc. Good shit.

But I'm not sure how I feel about it - the Chargers missed THREE field goals - had they gotten them, they probably would've won. It really feels like the Chargers lost the game, rather than the Jets won the game.

I hate when people think this way. Sometimes kickers just miss, but sometimes the number one defense in the entire NFL has the ability to shake up a Pro-Bowl kicker, lol omg. Plus, if you'd watched the game, you'd have seen there was a lot more to it than 3 missed field goals leading to a Jets win!

I thought the classy thing to do in this situation was to take the field goal, and kick off to the Cowboys, hoping they don't score 4 times in 2 minutes. Jayzus.

Yeah, but it's the Cowboys. The fucking Cowboys. The Vikings should have gone for two :P

Al Coholic
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM
I hate when people think this way. Sometimes kickers just miss, but sometimes the number one defense in the entire NFL has the ability to shake up a Pro-Bowl kicker, lol omg. Plus, if you'd watched the game, you'd have seen there was a lot more to it than 3 missed field goals leading to a Jets win!

I saw a pretty even game. I feel like you guys have great everything, except your QB is a wild card who could throw the game. No telling how he'd do in a west coast playoff away game, thought I'd take the safe bet.

You're kidding when you talk about a defense shaking up a kicker right? Unless I missed the guy taking a hit or something, that's ridiculous. It's not even your defense that goes up to block, it's your special teams. Take it from someone who's been a fan of a couple no.1 D's in Tampa, the kicker could give fuck-all less that Warren Sapp was in front of him. Snap. Hold. Kick. Good or not, that's all they do.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
except your QB is a wild card who could throw the game.

Tell me about it. lol No. 1 rushing, No. 31 passing in the NFL. That's just the most uncomfortable, sometimes infuriating position as as a fan, but hey, I'm enjoying the ride.

Take it from someone who's been a fan of a couple no.1 D's in Tampa, the kicker could give fuck-all less that Warren Sapp was in front of him. Snap. Hold. Kick. Good or not, that's all they do.

Fair enough/true indeed, I just always get annoyed at the "they didn't win, the other team lost" idea, unless it's brutally simple and obvious. I personally never truly buy the "kicker losing the game = other team didn't really win" thing, mostly because it's like...yo, the kicker is part of the team, people are quicker to use that logic when a kicker fucks up than when other players do, and him making any one of those FGs affects how the Jets respond, affects how the Chargers also respond, etc etc etc so there's no way to call it. llamas wasn't claiming anything crazy like this though, so I'm going off on a rant mostly directed at media folks and such. But the bigger point is like...yeah, a few botched moves doesn't make it any less of a win (I feel the same way about the Cards win last week).

Apathy
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Well as I said earlier I tend to think of the Chargers as infinitely the better team, but they just had a horrible matchup. They rely on big plays to Vincent Jackson down the field, and can't stop the run very well. The Jets fit perfectly against that. Either way it was a weird game. A guy who misses 3 field goals all year misses three in one game? And one of the hottest QB's in the league goes 1:2 TD to Int? I don't like it.

And I guess I have to change my Superbowl pick, which sucks because I don't see any of these teams winning. As lame as it is to have the two top seeds going to the Super Bowl, and as much as I don't want Manning to have another ring : Colts 35, Saints 30.

Llamas
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Now that the game is over, I can say this without fear of jinxing my boys: why the hell did anyone pick the Chargers? It was a perfect matchup in every way for the Jets: Chargers can't run, Jets stop the run, Vincent Jackson is ridiculously overrated, Revis shuts down players twice as good as anyone in San Diego on a regular basis, etc. Good shit.
I got a little nervous the day of the game, but when I made my prediction, for some reason it felt right... otherwise I guess I would've gone with the Chargers :P I've really been impressed with them a lot this year, despite their embarrassing losses. And well, I was never all that impressed by the Chargers. They had that huge streak of wins, but it doesn't really mean all that much.

Naw, I totally know what you mean (besides the "shaking up a kicker" crap that al already denounced). That's why I said, "probably", and said I wasn't sure how I felt. But you acknowledged that. I don't like when people go the extreme and say a team didn't win a game, unless, like you said, it's really simple and obvious (eg: the team keeps fumbling, or throwing the ball toward defenders, and somehow the other team never manages to get to it). Cause yes, a team is a team - every player is part of the team. It just wasn't as satisfying of a win for me, y'know? Plus, I didn't get to watch the game, so that surely affected my POV.

Yeah, but it's the Cowboys. The fucking Cowboys. The Vikings should have gone for two :P
True, true. Had anyone else been playing the Cowboys, I would've been like, GOPHER 2!!! ONSIDE KICK?? LOLOLOL

Sidewinder
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
The fucking Cowboys.
Dude, yeah. Fuck the Cowboys.

Ricky: As fucking amazing as Darrelle Revis is, and he has a really good secondary behind him too, I was counting on Gates to really be a key player (e.g. Tony Gonzalez tearing it up in NY) because of how they do a *lot* of man and Gates would/should/did have a lot of chances. I mean, thinking back to the game, it was really a few key drops by Gates that negated a SD comeback.

Not that it was entirely his fault; anyone who doesn't admit that the Chargers can't run for shit is in denial. But with the success Gates has had this year and based on the more effective passing attacks against the Jets (I think only once or twice in the first 7 weeks was the top receiver against the Jets an actual receiver), I figured he would have a huge game. Oh well.

jacknife737
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I just want somebody to beat the Colts. Is that really too much to ask? It wont be the Jets, though.

Sidewinder
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT DEM COLTS

Oh right, the Saints.

Conference games:

Saints over Vikings 42 - 31

Colts over Jets, 24 - 10

btw, new playoff picture:

Saints over Colts, 38 - 34

dexter12296566
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
I am so upset that the Patriots are out of the PlayOffs!:(:mad:
They played a terrible game last Sunday!

come out swinging
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I am so upset that the Patriots are out of the PlayOffs!:(:mad:
They played a terrible game last Sunday!

Tom Brady is home is sucking his thumb.:p The pats time is over. It went down hill wen they lost the superbowl to the giants.

Llamas
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh good, here come the folks with good perspective on football.

I honestly, legitimately think the Jets can take the Colts. However, it sort of relies on the Colts choking as per playoffs-usual. If the Colts manage to play for real, ala 2006, the Jets probably don't stand a chance. But if the Colts are the Colts I expect them to be, the Jets are in the super bowl, baby!!

And the Saints are totally going to take the Vikings.

dexter12296566
01-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Tom Brady is home is sucking his thumb.:p The pats time is over. It went down hill wen they lost the superbowl to the giants.

That was '07 right. They had won every game of the season and then lose the superbowl

come out swinging
01-19-2010, 06:56 AM
I feel so proud wearing my Peyton Manning jersey esp cuz i live in new england.:D I have not yet made my prediction of the score. against the jets I have Colts winning the game. by the end of the week i come up with some figs.

As far the superbowl Colts vs saints. Colts winning it.

Al Coholic
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Ok, here's the line for the conference championship:

Colts are 7.5 pt favorites over the Jets
Saints are 3.5 pt favorites over the Vikings

Ok, these are tough. Either game could be a blowout either way. Subject to change though:

Colts 31 over Jets 13 EDIT: Fuck it man I said subject to change. Thinking back the Jets should've lost had a FG or two been made, or Gates not dropped a few passes, etc. Sanchez had like an average of 4yds per attempt last week, and though the Colts secondary is depleted as hell, I think that Manning will do what he's done all year: Find a way. Last week they shut down Flacco who's actually a pretty good QB. Sanchez is worse, they can't rely on him. Especially with those big DE's the Colts have bearing down on him. I expect to see the Colts put in 8 in the box and beat up on whoever the ballcarrier is early and often. If the Jets can't hold the ball and sustain drives they're fucked.

Blitzing doesn't phase a guy like Manning much, he's got a great line too. Even if Revis is assigned Wayne all day, I think Reggie will have an impact. The guy's a great route-runner possesion reciever, he could be harder to stop than an Ochocinco or Moss. Plus there's Clark and Garcon and shit, he'll do fine.

Vikings 24-21 over Saints:
Brees is kept off the feild when the Saints D has no answer for AP. They just keep running off clock and slowly moving closer to the endzone. Breesus does what he can with limited play but falls short, Vikings D be praised.

Superbowl Prediction:
Still staying with Vikings winning and an AP MVP. But now it's over the Colts 31-20.

Llamas
01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Superbowl Prediction:
Still staying with Vikings winning and an AP MVP. But now it's over the Jets 28-13.

I'll make my predictions soon, but if the Vikings win the super bowl (please god, no), you just know Favre is gonna be picked MVP. There's almost no question. AP has deserved most of the credit this season, but all I hear about is Favre... the Vikings sucked before him, he's 40, blah blah blah...

Al Coholic
01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry but they're both very valuable components. The team wouldn't be there without either of them. Farve's played on the same level as Brees/Manning/Brady/Palmer/Rivers etc. Sure the run game on the Vikings is unparalleled to what those guys have but still he's played great and deserves about as much credit as AP. I haven't seen Farve screw up and throw picks and get carried by AP and the D. I've seen him win games with great throws.

The Farve-hype is just as big as the anti-Farve hype, you just seem to be in the latter camp.

I could see the MVP go to Farve if it's a toss-up between him and AP. But against Revis and the Jets I see them relying more on AP and him possibly getting the touchdowns at the end of drives, and then being the workhorse they rely on to run out the clock. I see it more likely that Farve gets picked than that AP fumbles because statistically, QBs throw more picks than RBs fumble. Not because Farve has a history of bad picks. I think this year he had the best Interception:Attempts ratio, and that says a lot.

Apathy
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Colts 27 Jets 10
I just don't see it happening. It's a time-tested formula to run on the Colts, and that's just what the Jets will do...but no. Just no. There's a lot of hype recently that the Colt's D is the fastest defense in the league. I'm not so sure this matters much for this matchup. But eh.

Saints 38 Vikings 31
There's nothing I can really say about this. I will cling to this game. I need this to happen, and that has more to do with the pick than actual strategy.

Super Bowl Saints 31 Colts 27
Colts have the lead in the fourth quarter, Brees leads the team to a comeback due to some breakdowns in coverage and takes the MVP.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2010, 06:29 PM
II see it more likely that Farve gets picked than that AP fumbles because statistically, QBs throw more picks than RBs fumble.

You have far, far, FAR too much faith in the connection between logic/facts and who will get the MVP nod. If the Vikings win, it doesn't matter what Adrian Peterson or anyone else has done in the game, Favre is going to be chosen MVP. That's how those morons operate.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Colts 31 over Jets 13 EDIT: Fuck it man I said subject to change. Thinking back the Jets should've lost had a FG or two been made

Yeah, but not only is that true of every team, it's especially true of the Colts as well...maybe not with the FGs in this case. I know it's not the playoffs, but had it not been for some pure lucky breaks for Indy, the Ravens, Patriots AND Dolphins would have gotten those victories over them, making them an 11-5 team that looks a helluva lot more vulnerable than they appear to be now. I generally try to avoid the wouldas in football though, too many of em.

Your point is still valid, I just wanted to chime in and say that it's true of pretty much every team still standing. I'm not delusional enough to think that the Jets are the favorites in this game, but the more I think about it the more I think of it as a definite possibility that their defense will dominate, rattle Manning early (for the love of God, GET TO HIM EARLY), and establish their running game by making the kind of subtle adjustments throughout the game that they need to, rather than the huge changes teams that fail to establish the run often do. Then again, like you said, Manning can do whatever the fuck he wants. I'm hoping/expecting this game to actually be a good one.

Al Coholic
01-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh I know all about Indy's luck and ass-pulling wins. I'm not looking at their record, anyone who does clearly doesn't watch NFL network/ESPN(let's be honest, I've only watched about 2 or 3 Colts games this year). Like I said, this could be a blowout either way. And the Colts are SO incomplete. Average running backs at best, defensive secondary is depleted (Sander and Jackson are on IR), the DTs are still soft I think, and I don't know anything about their linebackers besides the MLB. Which says a lot because I'm kind of a roster-dork given how much football I watch.

I think in the end if the Colts build a lead Sanchez won't be able to put together solid drives one after another late in the game, whereas Manning can work his douchemagic all day.

Al Coholic
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
You have far, far, FAR too much faith in the connection between logic/facts and who will get the MVP nod. If the Vikings win, it doesn't matter what Adrian Peterson or anyone else has done in the game, Favre is going to be chosen MVP. That's how those morons operate.

If it's close or even if AP deserves it a little more, than yes, Farve will get it.
I made the prediction because I think(especially against the Colts) the Vikings will wanna run and keep Manning off the feild. If they make AP a workhorse he could have some big runs. Also don't forget AP could catch it. But what put me over on that decision is that if they get into goaline situations, the right call is to handoff the ball. If AP walks away with multiple TDs, controls the clock, and has all kinds of yards, he'd actually win. Or atleast should.

Llamas
01-21-2010, 08:17 AM
If it's close or even if AP deserves it a little more, than yes, Farve will get it.
I made the prediction because I think(especially against the Colts) the Vikings will wanna run and keep Manning off the feild. If they make AP a workhorse he could have some big runs. Also don't forget AP could catch it. But what put me over on that decision is that if they get into goaline situations, the right call is to handoff the ball. If AP walks away with multiple TDs, controls the clock, and has all kinds of yards, he'd actually win. Or atleast should.

I think you're still placing way too much faith in logic. AP could easily be the reason the Vikes win. He's hugely pivotal to the team, for sure. But the fact of the matter is, everyone is fellating Favre SO fucking much... that's all anyone cares about. It doesn't matter what AP does - when the Vikes lose a game, all anyone talks about is Favre. When they win, they only show his passes. If AP did everything you just said - makes 3 or 4 TDs, controls the clock, gets tons of yards... it wouldn't matter, as long as Favre made at least one TD pass. That's seriously all they'd be talking about for the MVP.

Apathy
01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
If the vikings win the super bowl, which I would honestly contemplate a football hiatus if they did, then Favre will get MVP hands down. Even if he practically gives the game away and throws multiple Int's, any kind of comeback and a win for the vikings would persuade them to say it was Favre who orchestrated the comeback and subsequently award it to him.

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I think in the end if the Colts build a lead Sanchez won't be able to put together solid drives one after another late in the game, whereas Manning can work his douchemagic all day.

Very true, and what kills me is that if the Colts build up a lead, Sanchez is going to have a seriously difficult time building a comeback. He doesn't have that kind of douchemagic :(

Al Coholic
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't worry, it'll come in time. Before you know it, he'll be making the Jets a consistent contender, he'll be all over television, and raking in the dough. You'll know he's made it when you have to let Shonne Green go in his late prime so you can afford Sanchez's record breaking contract.

Direct TV.

AP guy
01-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I want the Jets and the Saints to go to win this weekend because I think Favre and Manning are both faggets and I probeblly wont watch the super bowl if its the vikings and the Colts.

Sidewinder
01-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Hate to say it Ricky, but Rex Ryan is seeming to be a 'Bag of lately.

AP guy
01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
what kills me is that if the Colts build up a lead, Sanchez is going to have a seriously difficult time building a comeback.

or he'll just be eating a hot dog on the sidelines not giving a fuck

Llamas
01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh fuck man, better do this now.

I'm going out on a limb here and picking Jets over Colts, Jets 17 Colts 10 I'm worried about Sanchez, but the rest of the team... damn. I'm still just kinda waiting on a Colts choke, though, too.

Okay, like Apathy, I'm a Packers fan and need the Saints to beat the Vikings. Saints 35 Vikings 27
I really think this game could go either way... both teams with explosive offenses... but I just really want the Vikings to fall hard on their asses. If Favre is in the super bowl, football will just cease to exist for me. There's no way I'd even try to watch that game.

Super Bowl: Saints 37 Jets 17
Still <3 the Jets, but really I don't see them beating the Saints. It'd be spectacular to have a Jets sb win, but fuck... just no way. Reggie Bush MVP.

Al Coholic
01-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh come one Reggie? The guy who is mediocre between the tackles? No way. Even if he catches and breaks a few Brees'll get credit for the throw and spread around the ball enough that it'll have to be a QB MVP. I mean Bush is a role player/tandem back. The stats won't be there, and there'll be now way he's more VALUABLE than Brees.

IamSam
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Bush is only good returning punts and when his offensive line commits holding.

Al Coholic
01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
I want the Jets and the Saints to go to win this weekend because I think Favre and Manning are both faggets and I probeblly wont watch the super bowl if its the vikings and the Colts.

You sound like a fag.

Apathy
01-23-2010, 10:37 PM
I wonder if this is the return of wishomie/camelfilters?

If it's not, its just further evidence that there are only about a hundred competent people that live in my state. Boo.

Sidewinder
01-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Reggie Bush still isn't 100% from his surgery, just fyi. The last game came after two weeks of rest and they've said the entire season that they were going to limit him in the game plan. With the extra bit of rest he was able to put his shoulders into defenders more than usual, which was a good sign. When healthy I'd say he's one of the top athletes in the league.

That being said, with him still not 100% I don't think he'll be more than a check down receiver on most of his plays for the Vikings game. But he will be a very effective one with their aggressive, fast past rush.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Reggie Bush MVP.

I didn't just read this, did I?

Llamas
01-24-2010, 01:42 AM

If it's not, its just further evidence that there are only about a hundred competent people that live in my state. Boo.

It is.

And in regards to the Bush comments... :)

IamSam
01-24-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm going to take the John madden route ans day that Fabre will win it all.

Llamas
01-24-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm going to take the John madden route ans day that Fabre will win it all.

BOOOOOOO!!!

PS: Drunk? :-P

IamSam
01-24-2010, 02:03 AM
BOOOOOOO!!!

PS: Drunk? :-P

ha neber. maybe. go manning?

Llamas
01-24-2010, 02:13 AM
ha neber. maybe. go manning?

Oshit. I guess that's better... a little...

AP guy
01-24-2010, 03:32 PM

I've had this account for almost a year now and I hardly ever come on here anymore. I actually have a life now instead of being annoying on message boards. I was simply stating my oppinion on Favre and Manning and I dont care if you guys think they're the 2 best Qb of all time. Favre changes his mind more times then women changes clothes and I hated him even in his days with the Packers And Manning is the biggest cry baby ever and he deserves to die.

AP guy
01-24-2010, 04:03 PM

NO, it went down hill when Josh Mcdanials became the Broncos head coach. Now the Patriots offense is, well, shiity.

Llamas
01-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Sorry Ricky :(

I'm still impressed with the Jets. The Colts are not an easy team to play. Sanchez is gonna be killer in a few years... srs. As much as I hate Manning, he really is an incredible quarterback.

So... Saints Colts super bowl? Saints take it all. I'm still holding to FUCK THE VIKES.

Sidewinder
01-24-2010, 08:32 PM
fasdfLFJLDSFKJLSKJF

;sdlfjsadklgjlsadksadf'LNK

SD
LKFJSDAFJSDL

WHO DAT

WHO DAT

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS.

AP guy
01-24-2010, 08:33 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Favre is such a fagget. Now If only the Saints can beat that other fagget in the super bowl then this will be a successfull NFL season even though my team blew a 6-0 start in the worst collapse in NFL history

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
When ya lose 30-17 and still say "Damn, we did a great job!", it shows you just how fuckin' good the other team is. Congrats Colts, even though I'm heartbroken.

Gonna ride on this Saints bandwagon these next two weeks; they were my favorite non-Jets team for awhile and I had fun watching them this year. That D is pretty shaky though, the kind Manning likes to eat up...

Sidewinder
01-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Just want to say that I've been saying Saints W in Superbowl since spring training, although the earliest post I have saying it is 11/23 :(

IamSam
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Favre is such a fagget. Now If only the Saints can beat that other fagget in the super bowl then this will be a successfull NFL season even though my team blew a 6-0 start in the worst collapse in NFL history

I didn't realize they were homosexual. And if you're going to 'blame' someone for losing I would pin it more on Peterson and the fact that someone replaced the stick-um with butter. That Saint's offense is fun to watch though.

Al Coholic
01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok,

I don't want to play down the Favre interception. Nor overstate it. It was pivotal. It was probably the game. Had he tucked it under and slid for a few yards, you're looking at what, a 60-70% feild goal? It's a shame. The Saints played good, they did. But ultimately, the Vikings beat themselves. They fumbled what, 6 times? I think 3-4 were recovered by the Saints. And it seemed as though AP was under-utilized. But whatever, the Vikings played a bad game, the Saints took advantage, and the end result is as it is.

I just don't want to hear how "awesome" the Saints are. They didn't have 5 takeaways or whatever it was. The Vikings had 5 giveaways. And they still only won by an overtime feild goal. So please, I know ya'll are thinking about it, but don't put that nasty Nawlins dick in your mouth.

I never liked the Colts either. I thought about killing myself but for the life of me I can't decide which locker room I'd rather haunt, so I'll just keep getting drunk for the next two weeks till it's over.

Al Coholic
01-24-2010, 09:07 PM

You sound like a fag.

Llamas
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I think it's funny that wishomie brags about having a life and stuff... but his posts are still completely pathetic and seem written by a 12 year old.

I'm so happy to wake up to a Vikings loss. I started out this season with a "meh" attitude toward Brett and the Vikings - I thought, well, he's clearly a bitter dickhead in seek of revenge who doesn't really care about his fans, so why should I care? Then, as the season progressed, Vikings fans annoyed the shit out of me, rubbing in all our losses, bragging about how much better the Vikings were, asking how much we missed Brett... so I started to cheer against the Vikings. It's sad, because in normal situations, I would've cheered for the Vikings, as I always cheer for the big 10 in championship games against other conferences. Gotta represent.

But this felt good. I'm so glad Favre didn't make the Super Bowl. And how long has he been trying to go out on a Super Bowl win? Check out these hott stats:
Last play as a Packer: Interception
Last play as a Jet: Interception
Last (?) play as a Viking: What? Oh yeah, INTERCEPTION

Seriously, Brett... it's been time to retire for at least 4 years. Shut up and do it.

Oh... and I won't be watching the super bowl. I really don't care about either team that's in. The Jets were the only one of the 4 teams that I liked. But I still pick the Saints to win it.

Sidewinder
01-25-2010, 12:27 AM
How can you not watch this superbowl? Even before the conference games were decided any scenario amongst the four teams would have been FANTASTIC.

*First time since '93 both #1 seeds have made it
*First time Saints have EVER been to the superbowl
*A win by Manning may seal his status as better than Brady and possibly the best QB ever (I know, I hate it, but come on)
*A win by Brees and he'll finally be officially recognized as one of the best

Plus all the Katrina shit, as played out as it has been, is completely true.

There's just so much riding on this game. Oh my god it's going to be great.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm stoked for this super bowl. Finally a football team from the Hoosier state that isn't a complete failure! :)

Llamas
01-25-2010, 02:49 AM
How can you not watch this superbowl? Even before the conference games were decided any scenario amongst the four teams would have been FANTASTIC.

*A win by Manning may seal his status as better than Brady and possibly the best QB ever (I know, I hate it, but come on)

Well, actually one big reason I'm not gonna watch is that it's on at almost 1am, and I work at 8am :)

But I'd find a way to watch it if teams I cared about were playing.

Every super bowl has reasons to watch. I'm happy that a team that's never been is going... but I don't really see what Katrina has to do with it. Will the money from the super bowl go toward giving all the still-homeless people homes?

I couldn't care less about who the greatest QB is, especially since I hate Manning about equally as Brady.

I also don't care about seeds. I take that back - if it was like, two #6 seeds, it'd be more interesting. But this could be said with most matches: It's the first time two #4 seeds have been in the SB since xxxx!!

I want the Saints to win because they've never been to the SB before, and because I dislike the Colts. I hope for a Saints win, but in the end, I don't much care if no teams I like are playing (or if a team I completely despise is playing).

I've been trying to figure out for years - what the hell is a Hoosier?? One of my friends lived in Indiana for a few years for grad school, and she still doesn't know! Worst. Mascot. Ever. :-P

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 04:14 AM

I don't follow.
*The seeds? don't care.
*First timers? Couldn't care less. Fuck the Saints.
*A win by Manning and he's the GOAT? I don't see how this one game does that
*Likewise, I don't see a Brees win or loss as doing anything but making him more popular. We already know he's great, so a few fairweathers and newcomers to the sport may realise it? Don't care
*I'm sick of Katrina. Because of the announcers. God, the year it happened, every time the Saints threw an incomplete pass you'd hear it. "Just, just look how courageous these guys are, despite all that's happened, this team has manage to throw the ball and almost hit a reciever. Wow, how couragous. To be paid millions of dollars to play the sport they love....poorly. Just wow, what a beacon of hope they are for the New Orleans Community."

I might litereally spend the entire Superbowl booing. No matter what happens, I'll have something to boo about.

Llamas
01-25-2010, 05:34 AM
*A win by Manning and he's the GOAT? I don't see how this one game does that
*Likewise, I don't see a Brees win or loss as doing anything but making him more popular. We already know he's great, so a few fairweathers and newcomers to the sport may realise it? Don't care
I was thinking the same thing about these two points, but didn't care to argue it. Winning a super bowl does not make or break a quarterback.

*I'm sick of Katrina. Because of the announcers. God, the year it happened, every time the Saints threw an incomplete pass you'd hear it. "Just, just look how courageous these guys are, despite all that's happened, this team has manage to throw the ball and almost hit a reciever. Wow, how couragous. To be paid millions of dollars to play the sport they love....poorly. Just wow, what a beacon of hope they are for the New Orleans Community."
And, well, this. This coupled with what I said. Katrina doesn't make me like their football team more. The football team has almost nothing to do with the poor victims of the hurricane.

I might litereally spend the entire Superbowl booing. No matter what happens, I'll have something to boo about.
Or cheering when something really bad happens to anyone. I'd feel this way if the Vikings were playing the Colts. I'd probably watch just because I hate both teams, and would be hoping that something terrible would befall both teams and somehow they could both lose.

Vera
01-25-2010, 05:57 AM
I predict most of them will play off.

Game.

Apathy
01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Al, you seem to be cranky because your pick went down the drain. I'm not sure what this irrational hate of the Saints is caused by, but they seem to be proving you wrong week after week. I don't agree with your assessment of the game entirely because sure they lost three fumbles, but you can't say they under-utilized AP. He had over a hundred yards and 3 TD's and for fucks sake he was the biggest reason that they kept fumbling. If they could give him the Tiki treatment and teach him to hold onto something once in a while he'd be miles ahead of Chris Johnson.

Did the Vikings offense give away the game? Possibly, but you can't deny that the Saints offense was good enough to capitalize on those mistakes. That's the mark of a good football team, and that's why most close games come down to turnovers. Not to mention the vaunted Allen/Edwards/Williams pass rush hardly got to Brees at all, what the fuck happened there?

I also think that you are negating Sidewinders points a little too hastily. Perhaps you're upset that he thought it would be funny to pretend to be you? Whether you realize it or not the superbowl win gives these QB's a real shot at legitimacy. Peyton already goes down as one of the greatest of all time, and having more than one ring justifies that whether you like him or not. What's up with pretending that this is just another game? They've been working the entire season for this game THAT's why this "one game" carries that importance.

Brees on the opposite side has never really been taken seriously. He racks up huge numbers every year and still isn't seen as one of the elites by most moderate fans. Anyone who is a close follower knows he is, but someone who only follows one team can definitely name the Brady's, Manning's, and even McNabb before him. I know you are arguing that all this does is increase his popularity and trying to deflate the importance of that, but don't you think Brees deserves this? Why shouldn't he want to be seen as one of the greats in the league if he can play just as well or better than them?

I don't give a shit about Katrina related to football. That's the one area I think you're spot on. Half their fans (and definitely the announcers) seem to think that they're winning because of destiny and cosmic power. Fucking idiots, they're winning because they've got an incredible offense and a defense that although leaky can come through with big plays when vital.

I honestly see the Colts winning this, I just picked the Saints because I like Brees and hate Manning.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2010, 09:25 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0

OH MY FUCK

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh god, I can't stop laughing at the sudden rise in his voice, as the frustration over Favre's interception baiting hubris seemingly shatters every bit of hope for the Minnesota Vikings. And I thought I had it bad with that douchebag on my team last year. So good. (referring to the mp3 clip).

YOU CAN TAKE A KNEE!!!

(For the record, I'm undecided on whether attempting to get more yardage was actually a good move or not; a 50+ yard field goal is tough. But I just wanna laugh at this for a little bit, I can be fair about it later.)

ps. OH MY FUCK

IamSam
01-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I think they needed more yards for Longwell, but I think Favre was expecting Rice to come further in instead of stopping. But that's just me and how I read that interception.

What's inexcusable is the fact that no one has taught young Mr. Peterson how to protect a football.

AP guy
01-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I didn't realize they were homosexual. And if you're going to 'blame' someone for losing I would pin it more on Peterson

yeah cause peterson through the interception at the end of the 4th quarter to cost the vikqueens the win.

Llamas
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0

OH MY FUCK

hahahaha I lol'd, especially at the video. So awesome.

yeah cause peterson through the interception at the end of the 4th quarter to cost the vikqueens the win.

They're both at fault, but Favre's interception was a bigger, more obvious idiotic mistake. AP's fumbling potentially cost them quite a few points - points that could've made Favre's interception pointless to the game.

But what's driving me nuts is that none of the Vikings fans I know will admit that Favre blew the game. They are standing too tall over Packers fans and saying that Favre carried the game, and he's the reason they were close to winning. And they don't blame him for the int.

I think deep down, they're full of hatred toward the man... they just can't let it show.

IamSam
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM

1. I do believe the word you are attempting to say is "threw."

2. Football is a team sport and as a team the Vikings threw the game away.

3. Your narrow minded, bigoted, and questionable comments should be thrown out as they add nothing to the conversation.

Good day to you, sir.

Also, I would like to point out the giant positive and negative to having a CB like Revis: Yes, he does shut down half the field but you must have somebody on the other side who can cover too. I could see the Jets going after somebody like Patrick Robinson (FSU) in the draft.

Llamas
01-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Ah yes, I would like to take this moment to point out how incredibly fucking obnoxious the nicknames Minnesota "Viqueens" and Dallas "Cowgirls" are. I hate both teams, and love to call them disrespectful names. But I just can't bring myself to stoop to this level of stupidity. They're not even clever. Not even kind of. They just make you sound really, really stupid. Only funny when used ironically.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
lololol i need attention from a forum that hasn't liked me in years if ever so i am going to keep on with the gay jokes. favre? moar like fagre amirite? high five!

Fixed .

AP guy
01-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't care if you guys don't like me or feel like I have nothing useful to add to the conversation. I'm not here to make friends and if you still think I'm annoying then put me on your ignore list. It's not that hard. I was just expressing my hatred towards Favre and Manning. It's not like I committed a crime.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
"I'm not here to make friends"? What is this, The Bachelor?

If you have no interest in taking part in a discussion and would rather just have a repository for your gay jokes, you might have better luck with a blog.

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Al, you seem to be cranky because your pick went down the drain. I'm not sure what this irrational hate of the Saints is caused by, but they seem to be proving you wrong week after week. I don't agree with your assessment of the game entirely because sure they lost three fumbles, but you can't say they under-utilized AP. He had over a hundred yards and 3 TD's and for fucks sake he was the biggest reason that they kept fumbling. If they could give him the Tiki treatment and teach him to hold onto something once in a while he'd be miles ahead of Chris Johnson.

I don't like the Saints because my douchiest friends are Saints and I'm a Bucs fan. That's fucking rational.

Did the Vikings offense give away the game? Possibly, but you can't deny that the Saints offense was good enough to capitalize on those mistakes. That's the mark of a good football team, and that's why most close games come down to turnovers. Not to mention the vaunted Allen/Edwards/Williams pass rush hardly got to Brees at all, what the fuck happened there?

Ok, the Vikings D played great. Against arguably the best offense they held them back decently. Despite the Vikings repeatedly giving them the ball.

Here's something to think about:

Total Yards
Vikings 475
Saints 257

First Downs
Vikings 31 (Jesus fucking Christ)
Saints 15

Third down efficiancy
Vikings 7/12 58%
Saints 3/12 25%

Turnovers
Vikings 5 (-4)
Saints 1 (+4)

Ok, so the Vikings only allowed 3 3rd down conversions. That's a lot of punts and failed drives. The Vikings D had was given a shit job with feild position so I'm impressed, they kept their team in the game. Even if you didn't happen to notice a bunch of sacks. The Vikings outplayed most every other facet of the game and choked by turning it over.

I also think that you are negating Sidewinders points a little too hastily. Perhaps you're upset that he thought it would be funny to pretend to be you? Whether you realize it or not the superbowl win gives these QB's a real shot at legitimacy. Peyton already goes down as one of the greatest of all time, and having more than one ring justifies that whether you like him or not. What's up with pretending that this is just another game? They've been working the entire season for this game THAT's why this "one game" carries that importance.

Brees on the opposite side has never really been taken seriously. He racks up huge numbers every year and still isn't seen as one of the elites by most moderate fans. Anyone who is a close follower knows he is, but someone who only follows one team can definitely name the Brady's, Manning's, and even McNabb before him. I know you are arguing that all this does is increase his popularity and trying to deflate the importance of that, but don't you think Brees deserves this? Why shouldn't he want to be seen as one of the greats in the league if he can play just as well or better than them?

Like I said, fairweather and fringe fans may underrate Manning/Brees, but that means nothing to me. They're both exceptional quarterbacks. These are probably the most incomplete teams in the playoffs and both made it to the superbowl because of a stellar passing game. I never said this was just another game. Sure, it's big. But if either goes out there and chokes I'd think only the smallest fraction lesser of them. A superbowl win doesn't really sway my opinion of them, although it may the stupid general public. Dan Marino is on the same level as Joe Montana, and Eli Manning is still just ok in my book.

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
hahahaha I lol'd, especially at the video. So awesome.

They're both at fault, but Favre's interception was a bigger, more obvious idiotic mistake. AP's fumbling potentially cost them quite a few points - points that could've made Favre's interception pointless to the game.

But what's driving me nuts is that none of the Vikings fans I know will admit that Favre blew the game. They are standing too tall over Packers fans and saying that Favre carried the game, and he's the reason they were close to winning. And they don't blame him for the int.

I think deep down, they're full of hatred toward the man... they just can't let it show.
It's a team effort. They turned it over five times. FIVE TIMES. You can't say that one was so much more critical than the over 4 and blame it all on Favre. Peterson blew it too. So did Harvin.

You're a Favre-hater, I get that. I think he's ok, personally. Favre played his ass off this season and had a bad game. I doubt Vikings fans want his blood.

Sidewinder
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
5 years ago Brees may have been dumped out the league because of his surgery. And that last year with SD was when I really started liking him. To see him come to NO I was like, "oh shit, they're gonna be legit soonish" but I was still psyched he got a second chance. He's had a hell of a NFL career. "Hey we're gonna pick you in the second round and let you prove yourself" *year later* "JK meet Phillip Rivers!" Brees simply responds, "Yo, sup" and goes to the playoffs. It's great. Then the surgery, Rivers takes over and proves he can do it too, so taking a questionable Brees on for a contract extension isn't really an option. The Saints were (if I recall correctly) the only team to offer him anything. He had a few shaky years despite a playoff appearance because of his lack of a full team, but now he has a chance to peak at the highest level. I have tons of respect for the guy.

On a side note, I love/hate him being in the NFC South. I get to watch him twice a year but we have to play him twice a year. Then again, maybe (Matt) Ryan can learn from watching him? Dunno. Whatver, he's a blast.

Al, yes, the Vikings did shoot themselves in the foot. Repeatedly. With fucking shotguns. And the Saints didn't pull away despite the chances, you're right. But what you have to realize is this is was the NFC championship. The games are not supposed to be blowouts. Everyone knows turnovers are a superweakness for the Vikings and creating turnovers is what the Saints D does, whether or not it gives up yards. It's been the formula ALL YEAR. Aggressive, willing to give up yards, but in the end using the turnover ratio / offense to put the game away. Brees having a less than stellar game put a kink in the plan, but they still pulled through. It was a fun game, not a clean one, but a fun, close one.

A note on Favre. As a player, I respect him tremendously. To be playing nose to the grindstone football for this long and to get up after hit after hit after hit etc at his age is nothing short of amazing. I think he's had a very successful career, INTs and all. That's his type of game. Take your chances, and as long as they pay off more than they blow it (which throughout his career has been the case, as opposed to say a Jay Cutler) then you don't change it. It's an old sports addage, no matter what the sport, that thinking too much ruins you. It's the way he plays and he's made it work, so a few bumps aren't going to illegitimize everything he's accomplished. THAT BEING SAID, his decision to come back to the VIKINGS of all teams was a pretty crappy move on his personal part. Not that I expected him to ever go back to Green Bay; they were perfectly happy with Rodgers. But personally, if it was that hard of a decision to come back and the only option was the rival of a team that I had spent half my life with, I may just sit out a year and come back better rested with maybe another opportunity. Or I don't know. But it was essentially just a desparate move to get back in the game, and especially the way he molded the team around him made me lose a ton of respect for him as a person.

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
5 years ago Brees may have been dumped out the league because of his surgery. And that last year with SD was when I really started liking him. To see him come to NO I was like, "oh shit, they're gonna be legit soonish" but I was still psyched he got a second chance. He's had a hell of a NFL career. "Hey we're gonna pick you in the second round and let you prove yourself" *year later* "JK meet Phillip Rivers!" Brees simply responds, "Yo, sup" and goes to the playoffs. It's great. Then the surgery, Rivers takes over and proves he can do it too, so taking a questionable Brees on for a contract extension isn't really an option. The Saints were (if I recall correctly) the only team to offer him anything. He had a few shaky years despite a playoff appearance because of his lack of a full team, but now he has a chance to peak at the highest level. I have tons of respect for the guy.

On a side note, I love/hate him being in the NFC South. I get to watch him twice a year but we have to play him twice a year. Then again, maybe (Matt) Ryan can learn from watching him? Dunno. Whatver, he's a blast.

A good amount of teams were trying to sign Brees, the Bucs especially. But the Saints had the most money to offer, and the rest is history.

Sidewinder
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM
You know as well as I do that those were half-hearted "yeah come on, why not" offers without much intention to make him a franchise QB.

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 04:16 PM
The Bucs were very serious man. We threw franchise money at him and everything. The only decent QB we had was Chris Simms who had something like 10 starts his whole career to that point, and we weren't sold on him.

Apathy
01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't like the Saints because my douchiest friends are Saints and I'm a Bucs fan. That's fucking rational.

Sure, that's rational and actually my closest guess. But that proves that your points are biased in the same way that you're telling llamas she can't put it all on Favre just because she hates him. You can't just say the Vikings gave the game away because you hate the Saints from a personal rivalry.

On to your other point, The Vikings defense is in the same position as the Vikings offense. Sure they put up good numbers and they're technically much more attractive than New Orleans numbers, but you have to wonder then why the score was so close. The defense played a statistically better game than the Saints did, but choked and allowed a score every time that it actually mattered. The Saints defense ended up coming up big every time they needed to, prime example being Tracy Porter and the late Int.

Not to mention the Viking's Special Teams, allowing New Orleans back up kick returner to bust some big runs. Say what you will, the viking's game was obviously much more statistically pretty. But the Saints capitalized on almost every opportunity they had in the final quarter when the Vikings did just the opposite and choked on every opportunity they had. That means that the Vikings helped give the game away sure, I mean if you have that many turnovers you don't deserve to win any game, much less even be in the super bowl, but the Saints couldn't have won if they weren't a great team.

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
So after week 1:

llamas - 8pts
Al Coholic - 4pts
Apathy - 4pts
Sidewiner - 4pts
Come Out Swinging - 2pts (genius strategy of only picking one team)

Week 2:
Sidewinder - 4pts
Al - 2 pts
Apathy - 4pts
llamas - 2pts

Totals:
llamas - 10pts
Apathy - 8pts
Sidewinder - 8pts
Al Coholic - 6 pts
Come Out Swinging - 2 pts

Al Coholic
01-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Sure, that's rational and actually my closest guess. But that proves that your points are biased in the same way that you're telling llamas she can't put it all on Favre just because she hates him. You can't just say the Vikings gave the game away because you hate the Saints from a personal rivalry.

On to your other point, The Vikings defense is in the same position as the Vikings offense. Sure they put up good numbers and they're technically much more attractive than New Orleans numbers, but you have to wonder then why the score was so close. The defense played a statistically better game than the Saints did, but choked and allowed a score every time that it actually mattered. The Saints defense ended up coming up big every time they needed to, prime example being Tracy Porter and the late Int. the Saints couldn't have won if they weren't a great team.

Oh fuck. Just because I'd rather see the Vikings win doesn't mean I can't be objective enough. The Saints played good. Not exceptional. I believe I said something like, "don't put that Nalins dick in yo mouth" and "I don't want to hear how awesome they were." I've called the Saints incomplete. They are. Their run is average and their defense is below average. I think the turnover argument is a weak one if you're trying to pass off their D as good. Because about half the turnovers they've got all season were gifts. But Brees and the other are good enoughto pull the rest of them up to the Superbowl and make them a winning team. Didn't say they were a bad team.

What the fuck does "allowing a score when it matters" mean? They stopped them 3/4 times on third. They forced 7 punts and three fumbles, even got a turnover. The defense played great, you can't fucking fault them for a NO offense scoring some points from great feild position. Making a stop on third down is hugely underrated. What are you, one of those ESPN guys that's only aware of big plays? I mean fuuuuuuuuuuck what do you expect?

Apathy
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Big plays are what make the game, big plays are what put points on the board. Most of those ESPN guys are former players, thus they know this. If you stop someone on third down and put up great stats, fine you've put up great numbers. But then you allow an easy 7 on the very next drive, that erases that defensive stability because even if your numbers look like you're solid "most of the time" the truth is that they still have just as many points as you, they just did it faster. Did you see the time of possession in the first half? Saints were trailing by a lot, and yet the points deficit never got higher than a touchdown.

Stats are great, and I know it sounds cliche but ultimately the actual number of points you put up is the only one that actually matters in the end.

Edit: allowing a score when it matters seems pretty obvious to me. The defense would hold them until the vikes got a touchdown ahead, and then crumble in some pathetically short drive and they would be tied again. Not to mention the overtime win. They never even got their turn at offense, and that's not a flaw in the overtime system that many people try to say sucks. If you've been tied for four quarters then your defense should be able to make a stand and get the ball back. But like I said, when it actually mattered the saints got in field goal range easily and they never even got a chance. Some of this was a breakdown in special teams, some of it was defense.

Sidewinder
01-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, don't I get a bonus point or two for picking the Saints as a superbowl contender in the Divisional round?

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
ps. I despise Favre, but even I won't deny how well he played overall this year.

lol fagre.

Sidewinder
01-25-2010, 11:54 PM
lol fagre.
omg lol

Llamas
01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
A note on Favre. As a player, I respect him tremendously. To be playing nose to the grindstone football for this long and to get up after hit after hit after hit etc at his age is nothing short of amazing. I think he's had a very successful career, INTs and all. That's his type of game. Take your chances, and as long as they pay off more than they blow it (which throughout his career has been the case, as opposed to say a Jay Cutler) then you don't change it. It's an old sports addage, no matter what the sport, that thinking too much ruins you. It's the way he plays and he's made it work, so a few bumps aren't going to illegitimize everything he's accomplished. THAT BEING SAID, his decision to come back to the VIKINGS of all teams was a pretty crappy move on his personal part. Not that I expected him to ever go back to Green Bay; they were perfectly happy with Rodgers. But personally, if it was that hard of a decision to come back and the only option was the rival of a team that I had spent half my life with, I may just sit out a year and come back better rested with maybe another opportunity. Or I don't know. But it was essentially just a desparate move to get back in the game, and especially the way he molded the team around him made me lose a ton of respect for him as a person.

This. Like 110%. He's had some amazing seasons, great longevity... but fucking asshole. And I don't believe the Vikes were his only option - he picked them to spite his team. And I don't care about that - I care about what he did to his fans. People cried when he retired. It was a HUGE DEAL in Wisconsin. His fans LOVED him so much. And then he does this? I don't care if you're bitter at your team, you don't do that to the people who supported you for 16 fucking years. I don't care how good a player you are - I can't cheer for a person I have zero respect for.

loloolo fagre.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Gregg Easterbrook is kind of a douche, but holla:

It was not enough for Favre's team to reach the Super Bowl -- he had to get the credit. Game tied with 19 seconds remaining, Favre scrambled at about the New Orleans 40-yard line, with open field ahead of him. All he needed to do was run a few yards, hook-slide, call timeout, and the Vikings' strong-legged kicker, Ryan Longwell, had a solid chance to win the NFC championship. But the credit had to go to Favre; he had to throw a spectacular pass at the end, so television announcers would swoon. So he heave-hoed a dramatic across-the-field pass. It was intercepted, and the Saints won in overtime.

Perhaps you are thinking, "It was just a dumb mistake, and the whole thing happened in a couple of seconds." No. Two years of Favre's life built up to that moment. For two years, Favre has insisted that entire NFL franchises, the Jets and the Vikings, become thralls to his celebrity. He has used his stature to demand, demand, demand -- the crux of the demands are always attention and publicity for himself. Now he is brought low.

Al Coholic
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Or he just made a bad decision. Any other quarterback, even a celebrity as big as Manning makes that mistake, and people would just call it a dumb mistake. But if Favre does it, it has to have some greater meaning. It's a fucking interception. It's a bad play. Do you sincerely think he made that throw because he wanted more credit? He made a bad read and a worse throw.

You know, I don't hear many Farve lovers. I hear nothing but people who hate these imagined Farve-lovers, and it's a much more annoying, subjective bias.

Sidewinder
01-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Just saying I should have ten points because I picked the Saints from the beginning.

Llamas
01-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Gregg Easterbrook is kind of a douche, but holla:

This is so true. And the fact that he's been saying "super bowl or bust" for the last like 5 years... why is he so bent on a super bowl when he already won one? Oh that's right, because last time he won a super bowl, it was the first time ever that someone from SPECIAL TEAMS got picked MVP. What a slap in the face, Brett! He's totally been chasing that super bowl MVP... he used to be a really good player who played with his team, but now he's become a celebrity who just craves more and more fame. He knew that if he won this super bowl, he'd be picked MVP.

And none of the Favre fans are here... they're too busy running all over my facebook.

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2010, 06:57 AM
And none of the Favre fans are here... they're too busy running all over my facebook.

Or writing for every major media outlet in existence.

Sidewinder
01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Oh god. If I hear him get called a hero one more time on Sports Center...

Al Coholic
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM

And you look like a pedophile.

Llamas
01-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Some recent comments I've been seeing about Favre:

"So after thinking back on the game more all I can say is Favre, you are a warrior. I don't know of any QB that could have taken the beating you did and come back and still put us in a position to win. I am in awe the more I think about it. How I wish you would have played in Purple instead of green all those years, but I will take one more year of Purple...please Favre, one more year of Purple!"

"My hats off to Favre. He did what he came to do. Make sure not to give Butterfingers to the rest of the team on a big game next time......"

"Our Favre-ther who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy Bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Dome. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever. AMEN"

And those are just some of the most recent ones. The third one was posted a good 15 times by different people, with slight variations.

Apathy
01-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I would argue that he didn't really make a bad read. It's always been his downfall that when he gets flustered or particularly frustrated he forces the ball and doesn't even make a read at all, just whips the ball at his best receiver in an attempt to force a big play. That's what he did this past week, sent it across the field to a thoroughly covered Sidney Rice because he knew he had to make a play.

He didn't make a bad call. It WAS however just a mistake as Al says. I don't believe it had anything to do with attempting to be the savior of the team, as his main goal has been and will always be winning no matter if it is on his arm or not. However, his problem is that he has been making this exact same motherfucking mistake for his entire career. You can't brush it off as a bad decision if he continues to follow that path year after year after year.

I will admit this: throughout the season I had been warning Favre and Minnesota fans alike that he would eventually let the team down. Throughout the regular season he continued to prove me wrong. Week after week came without that crushing horrible game for him that I was so used to in Green Bay. But I stood by my words, and when it finally came this past Sunday I was vindicated. It felt good to finally be proven right, and I've spent the entire past two years waiting for this moment; I wanted to see him humiliated and defeated. But afterwards I could not help feeling a small tinge of guilt.

Needless to say, it is a confusing time for me.

Al Coholic
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
AP seems to be getting a bigger pass for less excusable turnovers.

llamas - I follow sportscenter/NFL network daily. Even some radio. I haven't heard Favre getting praised for that game. The season before it? Fantastic. That game though, they're not giving him a pass. The stereotype of sports analysts is to be Favre-biased, but I haven't seen it.

JohnnyNemesis
01-28-2010, 10:26 PM
"So after thinking back on the game more all I can say is Favre, you are a warrior. I don't know of any QB that could have taken the beating you did and come back and still put us in a position to win.

This annoys me. Brett Favre does indeed deserve a ton of credit and respect for so often playing through injury, but the idea that he's the only one who does that? Come on now.

AP seems to be getting a bigger pass for less excusable turnovers.

This is true and it's also frustating.

RickyCrack
01-29-2010, 03:30 AM
why is everybody blaming farve when it was ap who fumbled the ball like, what was it, 3 times?

farve was [one] of the only reasons the vikings took the saints almost to defeat. The others being 2 of their main receivers, jesus christ there were some amazing catches. but had ap not fumbled so many times, it would have been an entirely different game.

Llamas
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
So............. does anyone actually care about the pro bowl? lolz.

Umm, go NFC, I guess...?

AP guy
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Fuck the Pro bowl. It's retarded. I'd much rather watch the Royal Rumble.

JohnnyNemesis
01-31-2010, 05:01 PM
So............. does anyone actually care about the pro bowl?

In similar news, does MTV actually play music anymore? What's up with this weather? And what's the deal with airline peanuts?

Llamas
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
In similar news, does MTV actually play music anymore? What's up with this weather? And what's the deal with airline peanuts?

lolz i c wut u did thar. I didn't realize it was such an overdone topic... some people were just bitching today about how it's before the super bowl and has a new location and etc etc...

Al Coholic
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Because of these new rules the pro bowl is actually worse. Already an exhibition game that nobody plays 100% with rule changes to make for more scores, now they don't even play the superbowl players. And to make matters worse, it rotates location. In a few years, the NFL's voted elite will have the honor of spending a week in January in.........

Detroit.

IamSam
01-31-2010, 08:26 PM

Easy, Jerry.

Sidewinder
02-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Pretty bummed that I'm gonna have to miss the last of the Super Bowl, but I'm missing it to see a production featuring Maestro Leon Fleisher so, probably worth it.

Al Coholic
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Go back to England, FAG.

Sidewinder
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
If I was a fag in England I'd be a cigarette and I really hate smoking.

Al Coholic
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Didn't Michael Vick get sucessfully sued in civil court for giving a woman herpes?

I win.

Sidewinder
02-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I've been a Schaub fan ever since he came in for Vick for one game only in the middle of a season and played the Pats down to a last minute field goal with fucking Alge Crumpler as his #1 receiver.

IamSam
02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I've been a Schaub fan ever since he came in for Vick for one game only in the middle of a season and played the Pats down to a last minute field goal with fucking Alge Crumpler as his #1 receiver.

I remember that game and I too became a fan of him then.

Al Coholic
02-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Unfortunately, herpes is for life. So, you're team is tainted untill the death of Michael Vick.

Sidewinder
02-06-2010, 02:24 PM

I remember that game and I too became a fan of him then.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124417/game-of-the-week-2005-patriots--falcons?team=atlanta-falcons#s-p1-so-i3

14:01 makes me smile and not hate DeAngelo Hall quite so much.

edit: that 4th quarter bullshit call on Schaub being out STILL makes me furious.

IamSam
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
*Sigh*....my internetz are too slow to use Hulu. :(

Sidewinder
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
FUCK YEAH. FUCK YEAH. WHO DAT.

sldkfjdsklajdsajsad'lsdhfsaklhsdklhflksadas

Also:

btw, new playoff picture:

Saints over Colts, 38 - 34
Score wrong, results not. FUCK YEAH.

Apathy
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Bowl Saints 31 Colts 27

Umm, I was closer.

But yeah, very very happy. I thought they had a good chance at losing, but I'm really glad it didn't happen. This just affirms what I've been saying for years, Peyton Manning is a choke artist...he's great in the regular season but crumbles every year when it matters. Think about it, the Colts have been dominant for most of the decade and yet they still only have one Super Bowl victory, and it was against the Bears, which I'm not counting because Peyton still played pretty modest/crappy in that game and the only difference is that Rex Grossman was worse...not saying much.

AP guy
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Manning got what he deserved. He sucks so much cock.

Llamas
02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Super Bowl: Saints 37 Jets 17
Still <3 the Jets, but really I don't see them beating the Saints. It'd be spectacular to have a Jets sb win, but fuck... just no way. Reggie Bush MVP.

Do I get points for picking the Saints to win the super bowl even though the other team didn't make it? And for the fact that my score was pretty damn close?

I'm not sure where I made my prediction about the Saints and Colts. But I know I picked the Saints.

Hell yes, I was just waiting on Manning to choke. Missed the game, but it's a good feeling. :)

AP guy
02-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Let the Baseball season begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Llamas
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm watching a replay of the game (started in the second half).... and wow, Manning really did choke hardcore. Things like not getting the ball off before the end of the quarter... he completed passes, but to guys who were too covered to get anywhere. And those last 5 min... pathetic for the Colts. Pure shit.

Al Coholic
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
My worst fears have come true. People are talking about hurricane Katrina non-stop now. They're going on and on and on and on and on about something that happened 5 years ago, and how this is symbolic of the city rebuilding. How brave and courageous the fans are for liking a football team how awesome the players are for being paid millions of dollars to play a sport they love.

It's a football game, and while I understand the connections they're trying to make, it's fucking killing me that they can't seperate the two. No analyst can talk about the Saints for more than 1.5 minutes without bringing up Katrina. I guess it's not cool to tell someone they're boring the shit out of you because people died? I guess it's bad to tell your analysts "hey, talk about something different jesus fucking christ."

I don't want to be insensitive, but it's overdone to the point that it's just cheesy, and the significance is exagerrated.

Llamas
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
It's retarded, but I feel like any time a team I don't like wins the super bowl, the hype around that team is gonna annoy me to bits no matter what. And I blow everything out of proportion. To me, the Katrina stuff is annoying, but I'm not seeing it nearly as much as you are; while I was seeing Brett Favre love at every angle, and you weren't. It's normal.

GBH2
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
bwa ha ha

fuck the colts

jacknife737
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Seriously, fuck the colts.

That onside kick was outstanding: i really wish more teams would take risks like that during the regular season.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Seriously, fuck yo couch. *mad*

Llamas
02-10-2010, 04:02 AM

That onside kick was outstanding: i really wish more teams would take risks like that during the regular season.

The Packers against the Cards!!! I know it was post-season, but it was equal amounts of awesomeness.

So where are our total scores? Al is too pissed that the Saints won the super bowl that he's abandoned the thread? :P

RickyCrack
02-10-2010, 04:36 AM
i didn't see a 20 minute pre game show about the iowa flood when the cards when to the super bowl last year.

Llamas
02-10-2010, 05:03 AM
i didn't see a 20 minute pre game show about the iowa flood when the cards when to the super bowl last year.

lol isn't the idea behind this NO thing that the city is "brave" and "tough" and the team as well... the Cards don't even play anywhere close to Iowa :P

Oh wait, real reason? Nobody gives a shit about no Iowas.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Iowa's not real, duh

Sidewinder
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
What the fuck is an Iowa?

RickyCrack
02-10-2010, 02:28 PM
lol isn't the idea behind this NO thing that the city is "brave" and "tough" and the team as well... the Cards don't even play anywhere close to Iowa :P

where was kurt warner born and raised?

Llamas
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Iowa's not real, duh

What the fuck is an Iowa?

I never even heard of this "Iowa" chick. Who is she? Is she hot?

where was kurt warner born and raised?

But does he play IN IOWA? No. He upgraded 2 DA SOUFF.