View Full Version : Dexter vs Cancer

Paint_It_Black
01-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Spoiler alert: Dexter wins.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100114/ten-uk-hall-5fdf947.html

No, not Dexter Holland.

Rooster
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Damn, i really hope he's fighting it better than Patrick Swayze did (just remember how he talked about feeling for a while; though he had a different type of cancer). He's a great actor, and Dexter's probably my favorite TV show.

Paint_It_Black
01-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Yeah, it's my favorite too.

It sounds like he's well on the way to recovery though. I don't think we need to be particularly concerned.

DMelges
01-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Damn Paint_It_Black, you had me scared there for a minute.

I also hope he recovers well. Dexter is a great show.

cool 2 hate 681
01-14-2010, 04:10 AM
that sucks i hope he gets better the last season with john lithgow was really good

Rooster
01-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Yeah, it's my favorite too.

It sounds like he's well on the way to recovery though. I don't think we need to be particularly concerned.

I hope so. It looks like he's been treated for it for quite a while now, and he announced it only now when the treating is nearing to an end, probably to avoid all the extra and unneeded attention, which is perfectly understandable.

On a side note, the ending of the 4th season couldn't be better. I didn't see that coming. But it shouldn't be really surprising, after all (spoiler alert->) the relationship with Rita had the effect on Dexter, he wanted to get rid of his Dark Passenger, which wouldn't be possible, considering the show's nature. Now that Rita's dead they can start it all over.

I wasn't sure if everybody had already seen how the 4th season ended, so i colored it in black...

Rag Doll
01-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Man that sucks. At least it seems he's going to be ok. I really like him on Dexter....but fuck, I LOVED him on Six Feet Under.

Paint_It_Black
01-14-2010, 06:16 AM
I wasn't able to get in to six feet under. But Dexter is magnificent. There really hasn't been a weak season yet. And with the setup from last season's finale the next one can't be anything less than fascinating.

he announced it only now when the treating is nearing to an end, probably to avoid all the extra and unneeded attention, which is perfectly understandable.

It's also just the classy way to do it.

Anyone else find it slightly odd that he's married to the actress that plays his sister on the show? I already knew that, but every time I'm reminded of it I just somehow find it weird. Probably because they act brother/sister so well. They should just start making out in the middle of an intense brother/sister moment and weird out the entire crew.

Rooster
01-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Anyone else find it slightly odd that he's married to the actress that plays his sister on the show? I already knew that, but every time I'm reminded of it I just somehow find it weird. Probably because they act brother/sister so well. They should just start making out in the middle of an intense brother/sister moment and weird out the entire crew.

I thought it was a bit odd when i found out at first. And who knows, maybe they have already done that at some random intense scene just for a laugh, it would be interesting to see some bloopers :P

Anyway, i can't wait for the 5th season to start. I read somewhere that Michael himself stated it's going to be a new start, and now there are countless possibilities for the season's main storyline...

cool 2 hate 681
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
i didn't know he was married to her until i saw this thread yeah it is pretty weird

dexter12296566
01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Spoiler alert: Dexter wins.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100114/ten-uk-hall-5fdf947.html

No, not Dexter Holland.

When I saw that I was glad it is not Dexy and I am glad that guy is okay. I watch that show sometimes. My friend buys me the stuff but because it says "dexter" not because of the show

dexter12296566
01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't totally follow but doesn't he only kill other killers really eliminating the majority of killers around him making him somewhat of a hero?

T-6005
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Only kind of the point..... It's hard therefore that's why there's a show.

Paint_It_Black
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Yes, dexternumbers, Dexter is kind of a hero. He kills bad people. However, his motivations make him more of an antihero. He doesn't do it for justice, he does it because he enjoys killing people. But the result is the same. Bad guys die.