PDA

View Full Version : Being A Kid

dexter12296566
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Do any of the other minors ever get tired of being a kid? I am tired of rules, homework, bedtimes, walking everywhere and now NOT BEING ABLE TO GET MY EARS PIERCED!
Do you other kids have that problem?

RickyCrack
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I DON'T LIKE LOIK HAVING A BEAORD. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io06BRoRAyw)

jacknife737
01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
So much angst.

ospringfan112113
01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Yea!, I mean like most of the time my parents don't really care what I do, yet they can be so strict.I always try to show my responsibility around home and wherever I am and they said I wouldn't be able to walk down the street and back without getting in any trouble.

Al Coholic
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Alt is my least favorite key on my keyboard.

wheelchairman
01-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Boo-fucking-hoo, paying bills and having a job sucks worse. Trust me.

DMelges
01-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Dexternumbers, enjoy your childhood. You'll miss it.

Paint_It_Black
01-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Do any of the other minors ever get tired of being a kid? I am tired of rules, homework, bedtimes, walking everywhere and now NOT BEING ABLE TO GET MY EARS PIERCED!

I love this so much.

So much.

Oxygene
01-15-2010, 12:52 AM

I am turning 29

I have to work 9-5 (which is more like 9 to 7) if I don't watch what I'll eat I'll die when I'm 40, I have to go to day school to actually have a shot at being someone sometime. I have to do some work most weekends. The first time I've ever been on a real vacation after nearly 4 full years of working was 3 weeks ago.

I have rules where I work
I have rules where I go to school
I have homework both in school, and I have to work at home sometimes
If I don't go to bed by 10 latest 11 I'm fucked the next day
I don't have to walk, but I get to sit in a traffic jam every morning, and the days when i actually don't have to work over time, a traffic jam on the way home...

But hey.. I could get my ears pierced! It'd probably kill my carreer, but I could do it.

Oh.. and I'm one of the lucky ones, because I have a decent paycheck, job security etc.

Cherish what you have.. if you keep focusing on what's missing you'll never enjoy life.

Free?
01-15-2010, 03:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXiV9EhDN4o
oh, these tags...

Harleyquiiinn
01-15-2010, 04:05 AM
oh, these tags...

Ah ah, I'm not proud of them, but I feel better now that I'm not the only one who thought of it...

Superdope
01-15-2010, 04:51 AM
I DON'T LIKE LOIK HAVING A BEAORD. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io06BRoRAyw)

I know what this is without even clicking on it, and I applaud you for posting it.

Blitz!
01-15-2010, 06:40 AM
I have rules where I work
I have to work at home sometimes
If I don't go to bed by 10 latest 11 I'm fucked the next day
I don't have to walk, but I get to sit in a traffic jam every morning, and the days when i actually don't have to work over time, a traffic jam on the way home...

I can so relate to this, especially the last part :eek:

I remember when I was a child, all I wanted to do was get out into the world so I could have my own independence and now there are times I want to return to my childhood where things were so much simpler. In short ... don't wish your life away.

Harleyquiiinn
01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
I think it is irrelevant to compare problems of a 15 yo and of a 29 yo... We all have the problems corresponding to our age.

Sometimes, I regret my childhood too but when I think about it seriously, I remember all the things that stressed me out when I was in Junior High and High school. And I realize they wouldn't be so important for me now, but they were back then and made my life sometime really hard to bear. Eventhough, they weren't even problems per se.

(Now, about that ear piercing, I don't understand that... I remember how that caused problems in various american TV show I was watching when I was a kid... here, it is pretty common. I had my ears pierced when I was 3... I mean, what's the problem with wearing earings anyway ?)

dff_punk
01-15-2010, 06:47 AM
oh, these tags...

I have to admit, I listened to the song and mildly enjoyed it.

Harleyquiiinn
01-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I have to admit, I listened to the song and mildly enjoyed it.

Welcome to my life is so much better.

dff_punk
01-15-2010, 06:50 AM
My fave is Me Against The World, an angsty, rebellious song it is.

Harleyquiiinn
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
My fave is Me Against The World, an angsty, rebellious song it is.

A simple Plan album

1. I wanna die
2. you are all ruining my life
3. My ass gets kicked at every recess
4. I'm gonna kill myself and you are all going to feel sorry
5. I hate you and you hate me
6. No more shampoo, my life is over
7. I have to fight every day
8. My parents locked my window from the outside
9. I'm going to tell about all this and become a commercial rock star

dff_punk
01-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Sounds more like a list of dexternumbers' threads to come :p

PedroACastro
01-15-2010, 07:32 AM
A simple Plan album

1. I wanna die

you forgot - my gf cheated on me and no one loves me

ad8
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Classic thread.

Harleyquiiinn
01-15-2010, 07:51 AM
you forgot - my gf cheated on me and no one loves me

Oh yes ! What was I thinking ? :D

Rooster
01-15-2010, 07:53 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/thuglife.jpg

holland25
01-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I love Simple Plan a lot!

Seriously, Simple Plan is one of the worst things that ever happened to music business.

DMelges
01-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds more like a list of dexternumbers' threads to come :p

hahahahahahaah :D

Seriously, Simple Plan is one of the worst things that ever happened to music business.

One of the worst, if not the worst.

Alison
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I love Simple Plan a lot!

I think you missed the point...

Rag Doll
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
As others have said, it's worse to be old and have a job and pay bills. Want examples?

I work roughly 8:30-5:30 every day. Soon, that's gonna be followed by an hour long commute to school, a 3 hour class, and an hour long commute home, 3 days a week. Oh, and homework. And trying to balance a relationship and social life. I pay for health insurance, I pay for a cellphone, I do mundane things like food shopping. I'm supposed to be paying off student loans, but I can't afford it, so they're just accruing more interest....and soon, I'll have even more student loans. Talk about financial stress. I'm trying to figure out when and how I'll be able to buy a house...oh, and a car, because mine is slowly (quickly?) dying. I tend to come home exhausted. True, I can do whatever I want, whenever I want....but I have to pay for it. And I'm usually too tired for much of anything. Or too broke. I have my ears pierced like 12 times, and believe me, my life isn't any better for it.

Enjoy being 15. And get off my lawn.

DMelges
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
And get off my lawn.

I just thought of Gran Torino, haha. Bad ass movie.

I don't know why dexternumbers is complaining. Being a kid was great. The only preoccupation being getting to that next level in a video game or that bike race in the end of the afternoon.... good times.

The Talking Pie
01-15-2010, 03:45 PM
dexter3.141592653589793: being older is worse.

Know what happens if I don't play by the rules, don't do my work and litter my face with piercings? I lose my job. Then my possessions. Then my home. Worst-case scenario is that I die on the street.

As a kid, you always have someone to look after you, even if it's just a state-sponsored care home. That's a Hell of a lot more than a lot of kids in the world get, you ungrateful peon.

randman21
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
My life was great when I was 14-15. I had awesome friends, good grades. I did a lot of fun stuff, and I just generally began to find myself. Still, given the chance to go back to that time, I'd never do it. I think people are losing appreciation for disposable income. Sure, paying bills sucks, but it's not that bad. After all that, you get to BUY shit, and DO shit. Even saving money is more fun than having nothing. At 14, you're piss broke all the time if you don't get allowance. You're too young to work. You can't drive. You most likely have to be at home by 8:00 on a school night. You're still under the influence of whatever's going on at home, which you have no control over. If something shitty like divorce is going on at home, you have a shitty life for a while. I can go on, but the bottom line is I understand where dexternumbers is coming from. I think when she gets to about 17, that's the point at which things don't get no better. I feel this post was way too serious, but fuck it.

Al Coholic
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Alt is my least favorite key on my keyboard.

Alternative music is also often pretty bad.

Alison
01-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Just think of it this way....gettig your ears pierced might cause them to get infected and then go all lumpy and start rowing over the earrings....it happened to me:p

Llamas
01-16-2010, 04:00 AM
oh, these tags...
I really love how the person who typed the lyrics for the video was clearly an idiot, with all the really obvious mistakes. And god, I forgot how terrible Simple Plan is.

A simple Plan album

1. I wanna die
I thought this was real til I got to #6.

If that doesn't convince your old men, I don't know what will.

For some reason, the typo in "man" made me lol.

given the chance to go back to that time, I'd never do it. I think people are losing appreciation for disposable income. Sure, paying bills sucks, but it's not that bad. After all that, you get to BUY shit, and DO shit. Even saving money is more fun than having nothing. At 14, you're piss broke all the time if you don't get allowance. You're too young to work. You can't drive. You most likely have to be at home by 8:00 on a school night. You're still under the influence of whatever's going on at home, which you have no control over. If something shitty like divorce is going on at home, you have a shitty life for a while. I can go on, but the bottom line is I understand where dexternumbers is coming from. I think when she gets to about 17, that's the point at which things don't get no better. I feel this post was way too serious, but fuck it.

I'm glad you posted this, cause I was thinking of posting the same thing. I seriously would not go back to being a kid. However, dexternumbers' complaining is obnoxious.

Free?
01-16-2010, 04:09 AM
For some reason, the typo in "man" made me lol.

I think it wasn't a typo, probably an odd choice of word related to English not being the first language for her, the way I've read it was like a synonym of "old folks" or "elders". The gay marriage thought, however, visited me as well.
But then again, who am I to criticize Maria's English.

Blitz!
01-16-2010, 05:43 AM
I donít understand why you are always slagging you parents, especially your mom on the bbs. I am sure that your parents want the best for you and are probably trying their hardest to keep you happy and safe and all you can do is moan when things donít go your way. Show a little respect.

The Talking Pie
01-16-2010, 06:10 AM
As far as the earpiercing, I will pierce them myself. I don't care. my dad will let me get them pierced but my mom wont

That's a mistake. My ear got infected when pierced by a professional. As do most people's. Having a friend do it for you is bad enough, but doing it yourself is just asking for trouble.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Generally speaking, the things she's ordered to do, and the things she's forbidden are here for a reason.

Bedtimes? Well, we all need our beauty sleep if we want to be somewhat productive during daytime.
Homework? If one does not study, unless one is waiting for a inheritance or the big win at the lottery... one will have to earn a living.
No piercings? 15 years of age is too young to know what is best for oneself, in those cases.

The list goes on. Parents tend to be more sensible than their children.

I thought the French were supposed to be somewhat rebellious? Maria, you're ruining my illusions. How dare you.

nieh
01-16-2010, 07:55 AM
I thought the French were supposed to be somewhat rebellious? Maria, you're ruining my illusions. How dare you.

How can they be rebellious when it's in their DNA to surrender at the drop of a hat?

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2010, 08:13 AM
How can they be rebellious when it's in their DNA to surrender at the drop of a hat?

Surrendering is the quickest way to be utterly dominated, thus giving you infinite opportunities to later rebel by refusing to work too hard and generally making your invader wish they'd never even bothered.

See, you americans are terrible at rebellion. You win, and then who are you going to rebel against? Rebelling against yourself was a nice try but I'm not buying it.

"Sure there are rules, but rules are for the common kind of people, I don't see why I ought to be bound by them. I'm not as stupid as the next fellow."

I both love and hate this sentiment almost equally.

And nieh, don't be a clown. Drop your hat and see if I delete my post

Couldn't resist.

PedroACastro
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
As far as the earpiercing, I will pierce them myself. I don't care. my dad will let me get them pierced but my mom wont

wasn't your mom in a psych ward like 2 weeks ago? how does she stop you from doing anything?

Artem
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=439&pictureid=6746

7Seconds
01-16-2010, 11:10 AM
I know I will. I wish I was younger. Everyone loved me because I was cute but I didn't have to do anything. I am in the middle. My family doesn't listen to me because I am too young and I have nothing important because I don't play a productive role in society and they don't pay attention to me because I am not cute like my cousin's kids.

You're going to have to face the fact then when you're older its going to be the same thing but worse. You're most likely going to be another worker. And you're going to have to listen to a hierarchy, like your boss. And there won't be anything you will be able to do about it, for example, if 200 punk rockers go to a rock club to see a ban perfom and for some stupid reason the owner of the place doesn't let them perform, theres 200 people that have to accept the decision of the single bar owner because he is older, and owns the place.

_Lost_
01-16-2010, 12:25 PM
My life was great when I was 14-15. I had awesome friends, good grades. I did a lot of fun stuff, and I just generally began to find myself. Still, given the chance to go back to that time, I'd never do it. I think people are losing appreciation for disposable income. Sure, paying bills sucks, but it's not that bad. After all that, you get to BUY shit, and DO shit. Even saving money is more fun than having nothing. At 14, you're piss broke all the time if you don't get allowance. You're too young to work. You can't drive. You most likely have to be at home by 8:00 on a school night. You're still under the influence of whatever's going on at home, which you have no control over. If something shitty like divorce is going on at home, you have a shitty life for a while. I can go on, but the bottom line is I understand where dexternumbers is coming from. I think when she gets to about 17, that's the point at which things don't get no better. I feel this post was way too serious, but fuck it.
Randy, you are making the assumption that everyone has disposable income. I haven't finished paying off my bills and I'm practically out of financial aid. I've still got textbooks to buy. I've got to find a job here soon just to cover the cost of school supplies, because state budget cuts cause financial aid cuts and I'm left with not nearly enough to live on. I'd kill to be 16 again. I had my first job and absolutely no obligations for the money that I earned. It was great!

Llamas
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
wasn't your mom in a psych ward like 2 weeks ago? how does she stop you from doing anything?
My thoughts exactly. Her stories are incongruent.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=439&pictureid=6746
Uhhh wtf?

The Talking Pie
01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I was going to comment on her mum being in a nuthouse also, but I wasn't 100% sure it was her and couldn't be bothered looking through her 10,000 most recent posts to get to the relevant one from the other week.

offsrx
01-16-2010, 06:57 PM
bah! I love when I was a kid...
5-8th grade in elementary school, were some of THE BEST years of my life!
The video games were intresting, I was full of hopes and energy, and dreams, I had everything that I needed! But then I got into shitty high school (shittiest part of my life by now), and then the college - which is still lasting. College is - here, and there. I like it, but also I don't. So when I was a kid it was coolest. Offspring did Americana, CO1, and it was just great. ahh so many good memories..
I'm a little lazy to read whole thread, but what happend to dexternumbers? She has some issue?
Cassidy?

DMelges
01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
bah! I love when I was a kid...
5-8th grade in elementary school, were some of THE BEST years of my life!
The video games were intresting, I was full of hopes and energy, and dreams, I had everything that I needed! But then I got into shitty high school (shittiest part of my life by now), and then the college - which is still lasting.

High school was really shitty for me aswell. Glad it's over. But before that, 5-8th grade, was awesome. Just had fun.

ospringfan112113
01-16-2010, 07:13 PM
By the way, I don't care if you guys believe me. I know it's true and my mom knows it's true so say what you want. I no longer care. I know it is true and that is all that matters!I believe you too.:)

offsrx
01-16-2010, 07:17 PM
This is the first year that i have kept at least one friend for more than two months. All the other years sucked. Besides I haven't gotten any death threats this year so this on is probably the best. But I must say i did lie about one thing on here. i lied about my IQ. I just got my first IQ test about three days ago and it is at about 135-140 but the lady taking it said it was considerably lowered from stress, anxiety and depression. That is the only thing I have lied about on here, though!

How much time do you spend here on forums on a day? You have like 2000 posts..

And yeah.. I'm shure that you have IQ 135.. :P

DMelges
01-16-2010, 07:19 PM
This is the first year that i have kept at least one friend for more than two months. All the other years sucked. Besides I haven't gotten any death threats this year so this on is probably the best. But I must say i did lie about one thing on here. i lied about my IQ. I just got my first IQ test about three days ago and it is at about 135-140 but the lady taking it said it was considerably lowered from stress, anxiety and depression. That is the only thing I have lied about on here, though!

My God Cassidy, you have no friends and you recieve death threats each year? So, you are a very likeable person I guess...

offsrx
01-16-2010, 07:20 PM
High school was really shitty for me aswell. Glad it's over. But before that, 5-8th grade, was awesome. Just had fun.

haha, true man.
I was like in a grade where were 30 - MEN, no WOMEN!
that sucked a lot... And It was all the way like in "ALL I WANT" song..
On college, it was all like"Self Esteem" :D

How was it 4 you? Comparing to a song.

offsrx
01-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Dexternumbers, I think that you should just listen to this song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpKD4vXxZ4

PedroACastro
01-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey!,she has alot of friends including me and a few other members of this website!Second, the people who give her eny death threats are most likely a bunch a jerks who have nothing better to do but that!She is a very likeable person and I'm positive many people will agree with that, she is a nice girl who does'nt desrve the trash you're giving her!

her word's not dan's

offsrx
01-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't know about four-five hours a day. Were you being sarcastic in that last comment or do you believe me?!

Little of both :P :D

DMelges
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
haha, true man.
I was like in a grade where were 30 - MEN, no WOMEN!
that sucked a lot... And It was all the way like in "ALL I WANT" song..
On college, it was all like"Self Esteem" :D

How was it 4 you? Comparing to a song.

Comparing to a song? Damn, must be Cool To Hate! :D hahahahahaha

Alison
01-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Having friends on an online forum is definitely not the same as having friends in real life.

Why dont you make an effort with poeple? Yes, it involvies NOT talking about Dexter the whole fucking time. I love the offspring and if someone spoke to me all the time about him I'd lose them pretty fast too.
You say you're fucking intelligent, but jesus....

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2010, 04:37 AM
K, and you'd know what I'd do to them if they were enyway.

Annoy them with your bad spelling and general stupidity?

Now I'm being a jerk. Get used to it.

wheelchairman
01-17-2010, 07:53 AM
It's called MSN messenger, use it please.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Aww, so nice of you to offer to chat with her on MSN.

wheelchairman
01-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm a saint sometimes.

-Samantha-
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it can be really annoying. I hate how, as kids, we are MADE to go to school & do other shit, and how adults expect kids to respect them just cause they are ADULTS, even though alot of them havnt even earned our respect in the first place! And i hate how adults treat kids like they know nothing, when alot of us actually do know things. And it really fucks me off how just cause we are kids, we get the blame for alot of things that go wrong.
But then again, i could think of alot of things that could be worse in life. And sometimes, it can be great being a kid. For one thing, the adults are gonna die out before the kids (most of them, anyways!) and being a kid means you still have your whole life ahead of you! Adults don't get the oppurtunity to be a kid again. They are stuck as adults for the rest of thier lives.
Also, as a kid, at least we don't have to go out and work 9 to 5 or whatever, just to keep our families & ourselves alive. The adults that we live with, our parents, do all that for us. They (mostly) provide a home for us, food, clothing, warmth.... etc, etc, etc.
So really. I think being a kid isnt THAT bad. I think its just the way you look at it. After all, everyone is a kid at some point in thier lives, and you're not a kid forever , so you might as well enjoy it & make the most of it while it lasts:)

DMelges
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
I agree with all of that! It sucks but it could be worse! I am trying to make the most of it but I hate how my older brother goes out until 11:00 PM and I have a bedtime of 10:00 PM, which I am currently ignoring because my mother doesn't know! He is only one year, eight months and one day older than me. I do not have the the time of his birth so it is not down to the minute. He turns seventeen years-old today! Happy Birthday Nick!

I'm having a really hard time relating to this thread. I never had a 'bed time'. My childhood was spent in between videogames, skates/rollerblades/bikes and etc, and international travels. When I was 15, the only thing I had forced on me was coming home before dark and not going into dark alleys alone.

And you should'nt complain about studying and going to school, because if you plan on having a college education, you're still going to need to study like crazy for at least another 7-8 years.

You don't have a problem with being a kid Cassidy, you seem to have a problem with your parents authority over you.

SweetTatyana
01-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I hate when people complain about how you have to respect adults even though they haven't earned your respect. How many kids actually show respect to adults anymore?

Harleyquiiinn
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Just think of it this way....gettig your ears pierced might cause them to get infected and then go all lumpy and start rowing over the earrings....it happened to me:p

Ah ah ah ah !

You are a prophet, Alison :D

wheelchairman
02-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Yea that is true,I just hate the thought of being in my 30's and as I'm paying bills my mother being there wanting to hold my hand.

Fuck you, go away like you were before.

littleCentipede
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I suppose your parents won't let you drink alcohol and go see R rated movies either.

Those demons.