PDA

View Full Version : Animal collective sucks!

barangatang
01-17-2010, 02:29 PM
but i can't stop listening to them. Their dulcet melodies, euphonious tones, discrete harmonies... all embedded subtly in their vast, ever expanding canvas of sound. blah blah blah.

i have strawberry jam and fall be kind. i like the way they sound.

it's weird how i am aware that they are a terrible band, yet i love them.

coke_a_holic
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
UGH, I feel the same way.

I really like Strawberry Jam, but I can't get into any of their other stuff because they just suck too much. God, what an obnoxious band who writes some pretty great songs sometimes.

nieh
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, the further back you go, the less consistent they are. I think the one before Strawberry Jam had two fantastic songs, the one before that had one. I still like most of Strawberry Jam, Merriweather Post Pavilion and Fall Be Kind, but anything prior to that you'd really be better off just making a mix of.

barangatang
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
I'll be listening to one of their albums and then suddenly stumble upon the striking realization that i am listening to terrible music. It sounds good, I enjoy the way it sounds. That should be all that matters. Nope. Their songs have self righteously random noises. I can't believe I am listening to this shit. Hitting musical rock bottom is not a weekend-retreat, it's goddamn enlightening.