PDA

View Full Version : Piercings and Pain

dexter12296566
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
I should have listened to my mother and not gotten my ears pierced. They are not pink or red but they are throbbing so badly and they are leaking thick white pus. That means they are infected, doesn't it? They hurt so much!

Thomas
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you got AIDS. Time to amputate...

jacknife737
01-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh yes amputate my ears! I really hope you are kidding because that is not the symptoms of AIDS.

I think that's for your Doctor to decide, not you.

jacknife737
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I took Sex Ed three times(by force, just so you know) and that is not a symptom of AIDS. How could I get it anyway. They were pierced by needles that had just been open!

Did they tell you about hepatitis c? You can catch that from using needles.

Omni
01-18-2010, 11:10 PM
I took Sex Ed three times(by force, just so you know)

This is just sad. It's not like you can re-take the course just for fun, anyway.

Why is it you also have a complete lack of a sense of humor?

DMelges
01-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Cassidy, you really need to stop complaining about everything. You wanted your ears pierced, and you got them pierced. The pain will pass soon.

And the Aids thing was a joke, just so you know.

holland25
01-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Sounds like you got AIDS. Time to amputate...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ha.

Sofinch
01-19-2010, 12:46 AM
There are 2 thing you've better did or didn't
* You should have gone to a professional piercer
* You should have kept your hands of it

I've never had any problems with my piercings,
the best way to thread your piercings is NOT touching them (it's still a wound remember)
by just doing that, you can save yourself out of a lot of trouble

Kitten
01-19-2010, 01:11 AM
I should have listened to my mother and not gotten my ears pierced. They are not pink or red but they are throbbing so badly and they are leaking thick white pus. That means they are infected, doesn't it? They hurt so much!

when exactly did you get them pierced?

Harleyquiiinn
01-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah, that's not right. It is infected. Go see a doctor.

DMelges
01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
My friend got her lip pierced, and for a while it had the same symptons. Even had some pus leaking. But it passed within a few days and it wasn't anything to worry about.

batfish
01-19-2010, 04:25 AM
The throbbing is pretty normal and will pass.
I never got pus though :/ Did you follow the after-care instructions the piercer gave you? (If he/she did).
Don't fiddle with the ear piercings, just carefully dab them with salt water or something once or twice a day. Don't have the studs fastened too tightly either.
Also, i was told that non-precious metals are more likely to irritate / cause allergies (I know that some people are allergic to nickel) so maybe check what sort of metal it is?

Rag Doll
01-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Are you following your aftercare instructions? If they did not give you instructions, you can use a non-scented antibacterial soap (like Dial) and warm water to clean them 2x a day. Also, make sure you turn the posts completely around when you clean them so your skin does not grow onto the post. As others have said, you could be allergic to the metal, but the piercing would probably itch.

And this is your first ear piercing, just a regular piercing in your lobes? These are the easiest to care for and one of the least painful. Don't get anything else done.

_Lost_
01-19-2010, 05:41 AM
It always helps me, when I have a piercing like that, to wash my hands really really really well, clean the piercings and squeeze them a little bit to get the infected junk out. Then wash them again.

And listen to Rag Doll. I've got seven holes in my ear lobes and they are nothing compared to any other piercings I've had. If you really get on the ball about keeping them clean and not messing with them aside from rotating the stud daily, then they should stop hurting in a day or so.

If you were allergic to the metal, it'd probably be itchy and red around the hole. You probably just haven't been diligent enough in cleaning them.

come out swinging
01-19-2010, 05:46 AM
wen my friend pieced my top of my left ear, he shoved the stud in. it did not hurt. i cleaned it 3 times a time with rubbing alcohol, rotated it 3-5 a day.

Little_Miss_1565
01-19-2010, 06:28 AM
That is awfully fast for infection to set in. Not to mention how needles "just opened" were used, considering how ear piercing is traditionally done with piercing guns and body piercing is generally done with needles.

Alison
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
After gettint my nose and my lip pierced, they were both a bit crusty from pus for a few weeks after.

I love pulling off the crust...mmmm..

EDIT: Also, use gold, silver or titanium... I used surical steel in my lip and it got pretty irritated after it

the_real_potomek
01-19-2010, 08:23 AM
I didn't have any problems with my ears pierced. I only had to wear the earrings that were used to pierce my ears untill they healed, so for about a month, move the earrings from time to time and clean my ears with oxygenated water twice a day.
But the lady that pierced my ears said that in case I had any problems I should come to them so maybe you should come to the person who pierces your ears or to the doctor.

Llamas
01-19-2010, 11:26 AM
They were pierced by needles that had just been open!

You said before you pierced your ears yourself.

Plus,
Not to mention how needles "just opened" were used, considering how ear piercing is traditionally done with piercing guns and body piercing is generally done with needles.

Someone's fulla shit...

T-6005
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope your ears explode.

Paint_It_Black
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM

It's easy to get infected when you're full of shit.

I took Sex Ed three times(by force, just so you know)

Wouldn't that be Rape Ed then?

Llamas
01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
It's easy to get infected when you're full of shit.
This was kinda funny.

Wouldn't that be Rape Ed then?
But this was excellent. ^5

_Lost_
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
cartilage? How in the fuck did cartilage get into the middle of your earlobe???

DMelges
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
cartilage? How in the fuck did cartilage get into the middle of your earlobe???

I'd rather not know... :confused:

PedroACastro
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
all the kids at school say it is normal and will pass. it isnt pus it is cartilage. the nurse next door said so. i got it done professionally on saturday. the guy said to clean 4 times a day w/ salt water and soap and keep my hands clean and twist them. i had like 20 people recommend the place i went to. it is already clearing up and i wasnt complaining i was asking if it sounded infected. pain goes along with infection so i thought that is important

so.. your ear leaked thick white cartilage? from your earlobe? wtf are you a lame x-man or something?

GravityBynd
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM

I hate piercings & tattoooss,is no good!!you can to have VIH,i donīt believe that you want this???:eek::eek:

nieh
01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
That is awfully fast for infection to set in. Not to mention how needles "just opened" were used, considering how ear piercing is traditionally done with piercing guns and body piercing is generally done with needles.

Yeah Skyler, everyone knows you don't prep meth with a spoon and lighter.
Wait, what were we talking about?

GravityBynd
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah Skyler, everyone knows you don't prep meth with a spoon and lighter.
Wait, what were we talking about?

nieh,itīs true!!!,you want to have VIH?

Al Coholic
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
so.. your ear leaked thick white cartilage? from your earlobe? wtf are you a lame x-man or something?

This is fucking awesome

rinte
01-20-2010, 07:28 PM
the ear is fucked up lalalalala....

ospringfan112113
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Well after you get them peirced you have to keep them in for a while,if you took them out then that might be the problem.

DMelges
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Well after you get them peirced you have to keep them in for a while,if you took them out then that is the problem.

Oh okay...