PDA

View Full Version : Pants on the Ground

Llamas
01-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Why does everyone seem to think this is the best thing ever seen/heard? Amusing, sure. I mean, it doesn't bother me, but sometimes I just wonder if there's something wrong with my sense of humor... Speak the Hungarian rapper is still like 5 billion times funnier.

Business.

SweetTatyana
01-20-2010, 07:33 AM
this is a comedian?

Llamas
01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
this is a comedian?

No... it's a really "bad" american idol audition. Most likely just another guy who wants attention and will use any means to get it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc

What does sort of bother me about american idol in general is the fact that everything has become SO obviously contrived, and yet people still buy it. Are we really supposed to believe that they let people of all ages audition, and only tell them about the age limit AFTER they've auditioned? And that, while the judges and everyone is laughing hysterically and asking mocking questions, the person just responds and acts totally normal? :-P It's just too much for me, haha.

Little_Miss_1565
01-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Of all the bad Idol auditions I thought he wasn't so bad. And he has a message! That is, "Pull your damn pants up." He is a grumpy old man and this is endearing. Though I suppose when you have to explain something funny it stops being funny.

Harleyquiiinn
01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Of all the bad Idol auditions I thought he wasn't so bad. And he has a message! That is, "Pull your damn pants up." He is a grumpy old man and this is endearing. Though I suppose when you have to explain something funny it stops being funny.

Actually...

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/01/general-larry-platt-a-closer-look/1

SweetTatyana
01-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah I don't know, I didn't think it was the worst I've seen but he might just be a little deluted he can sing? Hoping someone would contact him wanting to produce the song?
Speaking of Idol auditions, this Bulgarian lady mistook "Can't Live without you" for "Ken Lee" and it is pretty funny. This lady thinks shes singing in english:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo

Llamas
01-20-2010, 07:49 AM

You know, I do agree that it could be pretty cute (if it was for real, which I don't know if I believe that it was)... the song and everything was clever and like I said, somewhat amusing. I just can't believe its immense popularity!! My facebook has been covered with status updates, youtube links (especially because brett favre sang it with his team after they beat the cowboys on Sunday), and "____ became a fan of Pants on the Ground" for days now... :rolleyes: I expect more of the general public, haha.

SweetTatyana
01-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Actually...

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/01/general-larry-platt-a-closer-look/1

Hmm wow. Thats really cool I hope lots of people see this.

Llamas
01-20-2010, 07:54 AM
haha that was pretty funny... that seems like just genuine ignorance, rather than trying too hard to be ridiculous and get on tv :P

Little_Miss_1565
01-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah I don't know, I didn't think it was the worst I've seen but he might just be a little deluted he can sing? Hoping someone would contact him wanting to produce the song?

I think you're way overthinking this. Did you see the clip at all? He didn't complain or freak out the way others who are totally deluded have when told that their rock and roll dreams are a farce. I think he was just looking for a moment of fame, like most of the auditions they show are. But his was considerably more genuine than most of those.

Omni
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I just can't believe its immense popularity!!

Welcome to the Internet. See: Achmed the Dead Terrorist, Lolcats.

SweetTatyana
01-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I think you're way overthinking this. Did you see the clip at all? He didn't complain or freak out the way others who are totally deluded have when told that their rock and roll dreams are a farce. I think he was just looking for a moment of fame, like most of the auditions they show are. But his was considerably more genuine than most of those.

Did I see the clip at all? Thanks for trying not to be rude. I don't watch idol, I don't know what most constestants they show look like. I just thought the reason he would wait in long lines to try out is because he thought he was good. Why would he freak out anyway? They didn't tell him he was bad, they told him he was to old to compete for that particular show and Simon told him that they could see his song being a hit.

Little_Miss_1565
01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Did I see the clip at all? Thanks for trying not to be rude. I don't watch idol, I don't know what most constestants they show look like. I just thought the reason he would wait in long lines to try out is because he thought he was good. Why would he freak out anyway? They didn't tell him he was bad, they told him he was to old to compete for that particular show and Simon told him that they could see his song being a hit.

Sorry, it was not my intention to be rude, I typed out my response too fast. The reason the vast majority of people who wait in line for Idol are only hoping to be outlandish enough to get onto the episode about the city they're trying out in.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
funny thing is the kids still don't give a shit

DMelges
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
haha that was pretty funny... that seems like just genuine ignorance, rather than trying too hard to be ridiculous and get on tv :P

That's the beauty of it.

WebDudette
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Why is lolcat funny? Why is Chocolate Rain, Dick in a Box, and Business funny? It's just like, your opinion, man.

Llamas
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Why is lolcat funny? Why is Chocolate Rain, Dick in a Box, and Business funny? It's just like, your opinion, man.

yayaya I no man. Like I said, I found it kinda funny. But I'm more baffled than usual that it's such a huge phenomenon. lolcats and chocolate rain and dick in a box and business didn't take over my facebook like this... or my emails or youtube...

Paint_It_Black
01-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I kinda get what the llama lover is going on about. It's just odd when things that are slightly amusing for a brief moment get blown out of proportion. But it happens all the time.

I was going to post this link http://www.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/01/general-larry-platt-a-closer-look/1 but Harley beat me to it. More than your usual nutcase.

sKratch
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Though I suppose when you have to explain something funny it stops being funny.

Jay Leno in the house.