PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who has been to Sham 69 concert?

Anka
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I am going to UK for 4days and Sham 69 has a concert near the plce I am staying. I would really like to see (and hear) them live, but I am also quite afraid. I know, there have rumours in UK that they are conected to skinheads (and also the nazi-skins). As I am going there with my brother, who is not a great fan of punk but he said that it sounds ok and will come with me if I want to; but we both are strongly against nacism... soo, my question is, if anybody knows if the concert is safe or if it is probable there will be any fights and so on...
Also, if anybody knows or can guess the usual playlist?

7Seconds
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I am going to UK for 4days and Sham 69 has a concert near the plce I am staying. I would really like to see (and hear) them live, but I am also quite afraid. I know, there have rumours in UK that they are conected to skinheads (and also the nazi-skins). As I am going there with my brother, who is not a great fan of punk but he said that it sounds ok and will come with me if I want to; but we both are strongly against nacism... soo, my question is, if anybody knows if the concert is safe or if it is probable there will be any fights and so on...
Also, if anybody knows or can guess the usual playlist?

I doubt there will be any fights, or even mosh pits. I saw them live a couple of years ago and it was fine.

jacknife737
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
You'll be fine: all that stuff at punk shows stopped happening after the 80s.

Anka
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I doubt there will be any fights, or even mosh pits. I saw them live a couple of years ago and it was fine.

yahoo:)
any chance you remember what did they play? or at least if they played also the slower songs?

Smash punker
01-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Hey Anka :D Iīve been at their gig back in ī08. They played in Kadaň which is so close to Chomutov, so I went there. The ticket cost like 250 CZK, cuz there were other local bands. It was a small venue, so not a lot of people. Lots of Punks. Guess no Nazis n some Skins were there, but it was ok. I donīt remeber the set-list, cuz was too drunk, but I had some videos of that in my phone. They played very fast punk n the classic if the kids....;) N I got a ticket for free from some guy, which was cool. Ahh Sham played like at 01.00 a.m. so everybody was tired instead of us. Me, my brother n like 5 or 6 other punks were dancinī pogo. But it was a very sad view, cuz legends played n all those young punx were too fuckinī tired to support, so they had to be very dissapointed. I donīt even know, why they played there ;)

Anka
01-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Hey Anka :D Iīve been at their gig back in ī08. They played in Kadaň which is so close to Chomutov, so I went there. The ticket cost like 250 CZK, cuz there were other local bands. It was a small venue, so not a lot of people. Lots of Punks. Guess no Nazis n some Skins were there, but it was ok. I donīt remeber the set-list, cuz was too drunk, but I had some videos of that in my phone. They played very fast punk n the classic if the kids....;) N I got a ticket for free from some guy, which was cool. Ahh Sham played like at 01.00 a.m. so everybody was tired instead of us. Me, my brother n like 5 or 6 other punks were dancinī pogo. But it was a very sad view, cuz legends played n all those young punx were too fuckinī tired to support, so they had to be very dissapointed. I donīt even know, why they played there ;)

:D okey dokey... so now I just hope there are still some tickets available...

Smash punker
01-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Glad Uīre goinī there. Just donīt be afraid of anything n enjoy it ;):D

Anka
01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Glad Uīre goinī there. Just donīt be afraid of anything n enjoy it ;):D

I have bought the tickets...yahooo, I can't wait

7Seconds
01-26-2010, 02:15 PM
I can't remember. I'm positive they played "what have we got" and I think they played "If the kids are united"

Smash punker
01-27-2010, 12:56 AM
I tried to get some pics from the gig for U Anka, but I spend like hour lookinī for it n still canīt get it :(

Anka
01-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I tried to get some pics from the gig for U Anka, but I spend like hour lookinī for it n still canīt get it :(

Oh, thank you, you are nice ;) It seems like I have to take my own photos of their show, then :D

Smash punker
01-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Oh, thank you, you are nice ;) It seems like I have to take my own photos of their show, then :D

Exactly! But I prefer enjoying the show more than taking pics ;) n then Iīm trying to find, how the show looked like :D

Anka
01-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Exactly! But I prefer enjoying the show more than taking pics ;) n then Iīm trying to find, how the show looked like :D

Sure... but I have my brother for taking pictures:D

Smash punker
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Sure... but I have my brother for taking pictures:D

Poor guy :D

Anka
01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Poor guy :D

well... but he has seen Offspring twice "thanks" to me, so I think he has nothing to complain about. And he actually started to like Sham :D

Smash punker
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
well... but he has seen Offspring twice "thanks" to me, so I think he has nothing to complain about. And he actually started to like Sham :D

Then Uīre a nice sister ;) But still poor guy :D

Coonnafep
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
yeah i seen that show too,pretty cool to hear some classic tunes-i didnt even know paul rodgers got back with -the band-thought he was still with queen.
after seeing this show-i might go check um out live when they come around.