PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy is never going to work

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Even if there isn't a goverment there is always going to be a hierarchy that will have some power over everyone else. And all of the chaos is never going to work.

nieh
01-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Really? And what's your opinion on abortions?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
needs more salt

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Really? And what's your opinion on abortions?

needs more salt

I was trying to create a serious conversation...

Al Coholic
01-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Bush is an idiot.

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Bush is an idiot.

Thats a lil better.

Al Coholic
01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Bush is a nazi.

nieh
01-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Impeach Bush! :mad::mad::mad:

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Impeach Bush! :mad::mad::mad:

I never should've tried...

jacknife737
01-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Nader.

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I kinda wanted to discuss anarchy not Bush...

jacknife737
01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm not going to conform to the rules of your thread.

'Cause baby, I'm an anarchist,
You're a spineless liberal.
We marched together for the eight-hour day
And held hands in the streets of Seattle,
But when it came time to throw bricks
Through that Starbucks window,
You left me all alone.

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not going to conform to the rules of your thread.

'Cause baby, I'm an anarchist,
You're a spineless liberal.
We marched together for the eight-hour day
And held hands in the streets of Seattle,
But when it came time to throw bricks
Through that Starbucks window,
You left me all alone.

Against Me!..?

nieh
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3898352

WebDudette
01-30-2010, 08:59 PM
He has a point though, I can't imagine people going to work in an anarchistic world.

IamSam
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Vader.

Fixed that for you.

Anarchy is never going to work

Well not with an attitude like that it won't.

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM
He has a point though, I can't imagine people going to work in an anarchistic world.

Anarchy is the state of complete absence of government or any authority figure.

With the authority nothing would get done. No one would want to work. We could just steal or kill with absolutely no consequence! The world could be ruled by drug lords or the fucking mafia!

7Seconds
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Anarchy is the state of complete absence of government or any authority figure.

With the authority nothing would get done. No one would want to work. We could just steal or kill with absolutely no consequence! The world could be ruled by drug lords or the fucking mafia!

Also, Anarchy may sound great in theory, but it relies on the assumption that everyone is naturally moral at heart..Which we all know isn't true..

Al Coholic
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Also, Anarchy may sound great in theory, but it relies on the assumption that everyone is naturally moral at heart..Which we all know isn't true..

That's not true. Just because it isn't born yet doesn't mean it doesn't have a soul. It's murder.

01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFX-dKpcDz8
he dodged that shit so fast it looks like he's been doing that for years

AD90
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
He's a ninja. Trufax.

7Seconds
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
He's a ninja. Trufax.

Goddamnit...

AD90
01-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Mate, your OP meant nothing and went nowhere.

What do you expect people to do when you give no solid opinion to start a discussion?

Llamas
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
It may be an over-discussed topic, and anyone with half a brain already knows this... but I don't see why people are being so dumb about it. Maybe because the only other response is "no shit"? But I'm just waiting for some idiots to come in and start going off about how great anarchy would be....

AD90
01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Other than people's heads all over the pavement. It would be pretty cool to just steal whatever you wanted.

Maybe I missed the point here...

Al Coholic
01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Other than people's heads all over the pavement. It would be pretty cool to just steal whatever you wanted.

Maybe I missed the point here...

No, no, no. It's a woman's right to choose. I mean, what if she was like, raped and shit? Are you gonna tell her she can't have an abortion?

Superdope
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
No, no, no. It's a woman's right to choose. I mean, what if she was like, raped and shit? Are you gonna tell her she can't have an abortion?

The Armenian genocide? Never Happened

Harleyquiiinn
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
The Armenian genocide? Never Happened

NO, NEVER HAPPEN ! ARMENIAN KILLED US FIRST ! WE WERE DEFENDING OURSELVES ! AND MAYBE THEY WERE A MINORITY IN THE COUNTRY BUT THEY RAPED OUR WOMEN AND KILLED OUR CHILDREN ! AND THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED, HOSTORIANS ARE ALL ARMENIANS OR PAID BY ARMENIANS TO SAY LIES ! TURKISH PEOPLE KNOW BETTER

Also,

That's not true. Just because it isn't born yet doesn't mean it doesn't have a soul. It's murder.

That one was good

And on topic:

I used to believe in Anarchy but then I went on Youtube for the 1st time and read the comments.

Smash punker
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Anarchy is an absolute freedom. U donīt have to kill, rob or rape. U just do what U want n live your life with your brains n thoughts :D

Al Coholic
01-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Anarchy is an absolute freedom. U donīt have to kill, rob or rape. U just do what U want n live your life with your brains n thoughts :D

Bush is a Bush.

Sidewinder
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I voted Vader.

http://offspring.com/forums/group.php?do=viewmembers&groupid=205

wheelchairman
02-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Dear Original Poster,

Without looking into anarchic theory you've made your own assumptions on what it is, and how it should be criticized. Most people here don't approve of anarchy anyway, so no one will take the bait. (There used to be a few insecure loser-anarchists who always defended it, but they were also incomprehensible.)

Anyways you're preaching to the choir, and your wholly ignorant of the issue anyways, what did you think this discussion was going to develop into?

Yours truly,
W.C. Man.

Llamas
02-01-2010, 08:39 AM

I was waiting for this. WCM, you were wrong, even before you posted :P

RageAndLov
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm just waiting for NGM85 or something to write a five page essay on how great anarchy is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFX-dKpcDz8
he dodged that shit so fast it looks like he's been doing that for years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5SLEAc2ws

Smash punker
02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I was waiting for this. WCM, you were wrong, even before you posted :P

I know n I wasnīt even totally serious ;) Knew that Iīm gonna get flamed :D

02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=RageAndLov;1389342]I'm just waiting for NGM85 or something to write a five page essay on how great anarchy is.

Yeah. NGM85 is awesome!

RageAndLov
02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah. NGM85 is awesome!

That's your words.

Rocky-girl
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
WCM, I had the same thoughts when I read the first post))))))))

and for 7Seconds: If you want to create a serious conversation, you could write about really SERIOUS political problems or just made topic, with the same name and set a question for further discussion.

mrXniick
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
OP your post shows you know nothing about the subject. Before you post meaningless threads, why don't you educate yourself on the subject you think you know so much about?

Take a look at Locke, and Humes' view of the state of nature. I would also look at Locke's Second Treatise, and read up on social contracts. This is not a small subject that can be summed up in some stupid blanket statement. It is an issue that has been examined by political theorists for years.

While you are at it, you may as well read through Plato's Republic.... and even then you are only scratching the surface. After reading these texts, and learning about anarchy-- I will entertain a dialogue with you about the subject.

Harleyquiiinn
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Edit: Ah you edited, ok then.

mrXniick
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
... you know, you can be condescending without having to insult people...

You're right, post edited.

Sorry for the un-needed insult OP

jacknife737
02-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Way to pussy out, bro.

wheelchairman
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
OP your post shows you know nothing about the subject. Before you post meaningless threads, why don't you educate yourself on the subject you think you know so much about?

Take a look at Locke, and Humes' view of the state of nature. I would also look at Locke's Second Treatise, and read up on social contracts. This is not a small subject that can be summed up in some stupid blanket statement. It is an issue that has been examined by political theorists for years.

While you are at it, you may as well read through Plato's Republic.... and even then you are only scratching the surface. After reading these texts, and learning about anarchy-- I will entertain a dialogue with you about the subject.
Of course these texts have little to do with theoretical anarchy (or whatever you wanna call it).

RageAndLov
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Of course these texts have little to do with theoretical anarchy (or whatever you wanna call it).

That's what struck me too.

Llamas
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM

And even if they did. I can't stand it when assholes get all egotistical and list a bunch of books in a condescending manner, and then they tell you that you have to read all of them before they will even talk to you. It doesn't get much more arrogant.

In regard to what Per said, I haven't read the first two, but I don't recall Plato talking about anarchy... I won't pretend that I know jack about philosophy, but I swear to god Plato talked about a society ruled by philosophers... doesn't sound like anarchy to me.

That's what stroke me too.
Per strokes you? Does Tizz know this?

Harleyquiiinn
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
In regard to what Per said, I haven't read the first two, but I don't recall Plato talking about anarchy... I won't pretend that I know jack about philosophy, but I swear to god Plato talked about a society ruled by philosophers... doesn't sound like anarchy to me.

It depends, are you talking about American anarchy or European anarchy ?

Yes I know, but they say that if you make a joke a thousand times it becomes a classic and therefore, funny

02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
European anarchy ?

except in france. they would give up a couple of days later

A joke like that is what you mean?

Harleyquiiinn
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
except in france. they would give up a couple of days later

A joke like that is what you mean?

So... you're comparing anarchy to war ? Interesting...

T-6005
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I was going to post something about how every Locke has a Hobbes which renders debates like this stupid, then I realized mrXniick actually linked Locke with anarchy.

Which is stupid.

Al Coholic
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Wait a minute,

Are you all actually, SERIOUSLY, deabting abortion? Jesus Christ.

It's murder, end of discussion.

Harleyquiiinn
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Wait a minute,

Are you all actually, SERIOUSLY, deabting abortion? Jesus Christ.

It's murder, end of discussion.

No, I think we should debate about what we should read to be able to debate about abortion.

Little_Miss_1565
02-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I was going to post something about how every Locke has a Hobbes which renders debates like this stupid, then I realized mrXniick actually linked Locke with anarchy.

Which is stupid.

What if you want to link Locke with smoke monsters?

Harleyquiiinn
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM

Well at least Hobbes can be easily linked with sea monsters...

But I guess maybe that was a part of your joke and I didn't really understand it because... well, I didn't understand your post... But I like monsters.:o

jacknife737
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Nice. 10 characters

IamSam
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Nice. 10 characters

Oh sweet motherloving christ.

This is why we need some reputation system here. I would rep your mad skillz.

Llamas
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I totally was gonna make a similar post, but not with the smoke monster. But the "linking Locke with ______" Lost thing... yeah... well doneee

Well at least Hobbes can be easily linked with sea monsters...

But I guess maybe that was a part of your joke and I didn't really understand it because... well, I didn't understand your post... But I like monsters.:o

It's a reference to the tv show, Lost.

Superdope
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Holy shit what a season premiere, huh?

Sidewinder
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Fuck you guys and your Lost references. I feel so...

No. I refuse to go there.

Paint_It_Black
02-05-2010, 01:29 AM
It's a reference to the tv show, Lost.

Way to ruin the potential fun.

Llamas
02-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Way to ruin the potential fun.

It's what I gotta do, man.

In related news, I'd stopped watching Lost... I got really annoyed in the last season, and just got to the point where I felt like, by the time they answered some questions, I didn't even care about them anymore. And they weren't answering enough of them, for it being the 2nd last season. I lost interest, and guess I missed the last 3 or so episodes of the season.

But with all the reactions to this season's premiere... I'm really thinking about re-watching season 5, getting caught up, and getting back into it. I asked one of my friends what kinds of questions were answered in the premiere... she told me, and I was amazed - it sounds like they're finally answering REAL questions I actually care about. So that makes me really happy :) I've got some downloadin' to do... and this is so off topic for this thread, haha.

On topic: Anyone else read the title wrong? I read it as though it meant, anarchy = people never going to work. I thought it was a shitty parody thread for a while...

Superdope
02-05-2010, 02:19 AM
It's what I gotta do, man.

In related news, I'd stopped watching Lost... I got really annoyed in the last season, and just got to the point where I felt like, by the time they answered some questions, I didn't even care about them anymore. And they weren't answering enough of them, for it being the 2nd last season. I lost interest, and guess I missed the last 3 or so episodes of the season.

But with all the reactions to this season's premiere... I'm really thinking about re-watching season 5, getting caught up, and getting back into it. I asked one of my friends what kinds of questions were answered in the premiere... she told me, and I was amazed - it sounds like they're finally answering REAL questions I actually care about. So that makes me really happy :) I've got some downloadin' to do... and this is so off topic for this thread, haha.

On topic: Anyone else read the title wrong? I read it as though it meant, anarchy = people never going to work. I thought it was a shitty parody thread for a while...

I stopped watching after the 2nd season, because I was afraid it would be one of those shows without a satisfying end, and where everything would be dragged on forever and ever. It sort of was, but when I learned that the 6th season would be the last and there was an end in sight, I saw seasons 3-5. They'd better have some answers prepared.

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Rolling with the connections to Lost here, the island would have been the perfect place for some anarchy, and for a hot minute it was, but it ended up having a very complex hierarchy of rules, regulations, and people and entities in charge. Anarchy is but a figment of the imagination. Sad trombones.

Llamas
02-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Rolling with the connections to Lost here, the island would have been the perfect place for some anarchy, and for a hot minute it was, but it ended up having a very complex hierarchy of rules, regulations, and people and entities in charge. Anarchy is but a figment of the imagination. Sad trombones.

A very good point. :) But then Jack got all annoying and decided he had to be the leader. And then everyone had to pick between Locke and Jack.

Though everything that's happening later in the show seems to point toward there never having ever been any *true* anarchy, and everything they've done seems to have been mostly controlled by other people. As in, even though they thought there were no rules, and that the hierarchy came naturally, it was all pre-arranged. But I don't know for sure... just the feeling I've gotten.

Jesus
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm still digging Lost, you quitters. And you can actually link it to anarchy via Mikhail Bakunin. That show has it all. I'm still waiting for Kropotkin to show up.