PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

carlepawell
02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
The Beatles Is my favourite.. The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story. Almost miraculously, they embodied the apex of the form artistically, commercially, culturally and spiritually at just the right time, the tumultuous '60s, when music had the power to literally change the world (or at least to give the impression that it could, which may be the same thing). The Beatles are the archetype: there is no term in the language analogous to “Beatlemania.”

TakesMeNowhere28
02-11-2010, 08:03 AM
The Beatles are one of the few groups that are still appealing to all age groups even to this day. I'm a huge Beatles fan and I'm not even 30 yet. The Beatles have done more for the music world than any other singer or group, IMO. Not even Michael Jackson made as much of an impact as The Beatles.

Rooster
02-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm not a really big fan of The Beatles, although i like to hear a song from them here and there. They might grow on me. You can't deny however their importance to music.

BUT there is one bad thing. Because of them we now have bands like Oasis and countless other "rock" bands, who compete who's able to produce more boring and mellow record than another artist... If bands like Coldplay are called "rock bands" today then you start to think that rock music is seriously fucked. In a "zomfg-shit-we-are-surrounded-by-1000-nazi-zombies-but-we-ran-out-of-ammo" way fucked. Damn, meaning that you're influenced by The Beatles shouldn't mean you have to write as mellow songs as possible.

ad8
02-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I like them, but it's not the kind of "liking" that makes me listen to them all day long. Still they are a very cool band.

dff_punk
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
*insert a "beatles-are-old" joke while still showing appreciation for them*

Jules69
02-15-2010, 05:45 PM
If I already didn't love em I would have to, because I was named after one of their songs! My middle name is Michelle, from the song Michelle my belle!!

KyleW
02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
I never listened to the beatles as a child (although im 18 tomorrow so I gues I still am a child) but a lot of my classmates/general friends really were into them which suprised me seeing how old they are. Then I picked up a copy of Rock Band: The Beatles and I see why, they have some great tunes. Im not keen on everything though and I dont think I would be wrong in saying that every beatles song will appeal to you, since thier music covers such a wide spread of genres and sounds.