PDA

View Full Version : military

turn it down
01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I hate it when someone signs up to kill people then they come and preach there politics to me because there in the army they can do know wrong or how america tells us that our soilders dont like to kill they are just doing a job but the other countrys armys just like killing people

HornyPope
01-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Fuck character limit. The programmers of this board should add a script that won't allow a topic to be posted unless it contains at least one period.

sKratch
01-27-2005, 02:17 PM
What if it's just a question?

HornyPope
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Whatever. Any form of punctuation counts I guess. I rather see a full sentance of one word of five characters (even if it doesn't count technically count as a full sentance) than one long ass line of rubbish consisting of 50 words and 200 characters.

Betty
01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
.Sentence.

RXP
01-28-2005, 12:08 AM
I hate it when someone signs up to kill people then they come and preach there politics to me because there in the army they can do know wrong or how america tells us that our soilders dont like to kill they are just doing a job but the other countrys armys just like killing people

You are such a fucking hippy idoit.

When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

wheelchairman
01-28-2005, 12:41 AM
Dude, stop quoting Black Hawk Down.

RXP
01-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Black Hawk Down + Troy = quote heaven.

Vera
01-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Apart from Memento, your taste in movies blows cocks.

RXP
01-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Black Hawk Down is a war film. As a war film it is awesome.

Oh shit wait I forgot the hippie intelectuals round here are the authority on what is good taste on not lols.

wheelchairman
01-28-2005, 02:35 AM
For a war-film it's rather lame I thought, the quotes were the kind of crap they put into scripts to make veterans feel understood and to sell sentimenatality. There are much better war films out there, 3 Kings was very good, several of the Vietnam films were good. Not a particularly big fan of WW2 films, kind of over-done and cliched.

Vera
01-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh shit wait I forgot the hippie intelectuals round here are the authority on what is good taste on not lols.
It was my personal opinion that your taste in movies blows cock(s).

I'm sure the hippies would agree, though.

Marion
01-28-2005, 03:58 AM
If your country doesn't have a miltary you are open to invasion. Every country has one. You will need world peace before you can get rid of them. I know a lot of people in the army, if you don't like what they do try not to talk about anything army related.

As for black hawk down I'm going to have to try and watch it I keep getting told it's good. Unfortunaly when I sit down for anymore than 30 min I fall asleep. I'm the sort of person who has to keep moving.

RXP
01-28-2005, 05:12 AM
For a war-film it's rather lame I thought, the quotes were the kind of crap they put into scripts to make veterans feel understood and to sell sentimenatality. There are much better war films out there, 3 Kings was very good, several of the Vietnam films were good. Not a particularly big fan of WW2 films, kind of over-done and cliched.

As a war film it was lame? It didn't capture the essence, the fear of battle? The shere awesomeness of it is shown by 7.7/10 on IMDB. Very high.

The best war series is Band of Brothers btw.

And omg my film taste sucks ass cause I ain't one of those fags who looks into movies to the nth degree but just wants to be entertained and spark the mind. Not one who goes omg that actor didn't cry in that scene bad acting! or the other shit you film losers do.

Oh yeah Rules of Engagement is pretty good.

wheelchairman
01-28-2005, 06:34 AM
You are right, Band of Brothers is good, I'm sick of Spielberg's world war 2 fetish, but that is an oustanding work by itself.

Blackhawk Down seemed more like cheap attempts to raise patriotic spirit (American films do this a lot, especially action films) with the same bland patriotic war-time mumbo-jumbo, like you mentioned.

sKratch
01-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Whatever. Any form of punctuation counts I guess. I rather see a full sentance of one word of five characters (even if it doesn't count technically count as a full sentance) than one long ass line of rubbish consisting of 50 words and 200 characters.
Man did you get the brilliance of my post?