PDA

View Full Version : Get over it

shatskater
01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey extending from Tripboy's thread. Get over with people chat spelling. It is pointless to argue when some1 writes like that. It's not that their stupid. I mean shit I do it. I am lazy tho and not stupid. maybe you are not with high enough intellect to understand them slang words so here is a list of some.

GET OVER IT, PLS!!

AFK = Away From Keyboard
ASAP = As Soon As Possible
A/S/L = Age/Sex/Location
BAK = Back At Keyboard
BBL = Be Back Later
BRB = Be Right Back
BBS= Bulletin Board System
BTW = By the way
C-YA = See Ya
EZ = Easy
F2F = Face To Face
FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
GAL = Get A Life
G2G = Got To Go
GTM = Giggles To Myself
G/G = Got To Go
IAE = In Any Event
IC = I See
IDGI = I Don't Get It
IMO = In My Opinion
IMPE = In My Personal Experience
IOW = In Other Words
IRL = In Real Life
ISP = Internet Service Provider
JIC = Just In Case
J/K = Just kidding
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid
KIT=Keep in Touch
L8TR = Later
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
LTNS = Long Time No See
LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off
M/F = Male or Female
MTCW = My Two Cents Worth
NRN = No Reply Necessary
N/A = Not Answering
OMG=Oh My Gosh
OTOH = On The Other Hand
OIC = Oh I See
OTF = On The Floor
OLL = Online Love
PLS = Please
PU = That Stinks!
ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing
ROTF = Rolling On The Floor
ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing
RSN = Real Soon Now
RUOK = Are You OK?
TAFN = That's All For Now
THX = Thanks
THANX=Thanks
TMK = To My Knowledge
TOS = Terms Of Service
TSWC = Tell Someone Who Cares
TTFN = Ta-Ta For Now
TTYL = Talk To You Later
TY = Thank You
U= you
URL = Web Page Address
w/b = Welcome Back
w/o = Without
WRT = With Regard To
WTG = Way To Go
WWW = World Wide Web
Y2K = Year 2000
ZZZ = Sleeping

Camilamazed
01-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.Thanks a lot.I didn't really know a lot of them hehehe

Tired_Of_You
01-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I still don't understand why people writes like that. I may be stupid but it can be hard to understand. Anyway, you must be really lazy when you write in abbreviations all the time...Damn, it takes what? 5 seconds to write the entire words.

ill BRB L8TR becuz IMO dis BBS is boring n also im ZZZ. TTFN, C-YA

^ I'm glad no one writes like that

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
One of two reasons. People are lazy, or people think they're oh-so-fucking-cool because they write "waz" instead of "was".

Camilamazed
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Ur right TOY...... Tho I think they are usefull for me...So i can understand when one writes like that hehe

Betty
01-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Acronyms are different than mispellings however... something like "omg" or "btw" or "brb" is mildly acceptable, although "lol" is annoying as hell when it's overused and the person is obviously not even laughing. Things like "ic" or "ur" are very unacceptable.

shatskater
01-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Acronyms are different than mispellings however... something like "omg" or "btw" or "brb" is mildly acceptable, although "lol" is annoying as hell when it's overused and the person is obviously not even laughing. Things like "ic" or "ur" are very unacceptable.

no i find "u" or "ur" very acceptable. thats why i use it oh so much.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Your opinion is void.

shatskater
01-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Your opinion is void.

it is not. it is just as good as ur's or any1 elses.

UgLy_eLf
01-27-2005, 08:02 PM

Nope. Because I was the one that had to expose your face to the forum. Fuckin' sissy couldn't do it on your own!?

Ken Jennings
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
1f U k4n r3@d th1$, u n33d 2 g3t l41d.

Tizzalicious
01-28-2005, 03:20 AM

I agree, I overuse lol myself, and it's getting on my nerves =/

Then I use brb and omg. And wb. And that's it.

What's really annoying is, like Dave pointed out, people who spell words incorrect because it looks cool. Sometimes they even add letters!! So, they try to make you believe they just do it because they are lazy, but on some words they add letters, that can't be laziness.

wheelchairman
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
There goes your entire point right here. I hope this was some sort of humor that I wouldn't normally expect from you.

meaning_of_life
01-28-2005, 03:57 AM
amen to that.

Tijs
01-28-2005, 04:40 AM
Amen indeed.

shatskater
01-28-2005, 06:50 AM
I disagree with your entire existance. Don't ever try to do anything in the Lord's name again.

see tripboy, i have overcome my hatred for you and now i find you ammusing. so since i dont feel like going to the other thread summer guy could never be more popular than tripboy......er i mean his holiness.

Linda
01-28-2005, 05:24 PM
*offers wafer*

The Body of TripBoy....

Wafer my ass...that's the whole fucking loaf!

Vicky
01-29-2005, 04:22 AM
One of two reasons. People are lazy, or people think they're oh-so-fucking-cool because they write "waz" instead of "was".

dave woz ere '05

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2005, 07:41 AM
wit mo dudez innit

Talman
01-29-2005, 08:07 AM
no i find "u" or "ur" very acceptable. thats why i use it oh so much.

well here's another that you missed out on your list:

Shut The Fuck Up. Just because you're a lazy cunt, doesn't mean other people should need to read what you say about 5 times to even remotely make sense of it.

Fair enough, if your texting someone. It's quicker, but on the net there's really no need for it.
________
The Silver Surfer Vaporizer (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Vicky
01-29-2005, 08:08 AM
i only do it in texts if its a long one and i dont want to waste credit :\

Noodles is gay
01-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey extending from Tripboy's thread. Get over with people chat spelling. It is pointless to argue when some1 writes like that. It's not that their stupid. I mean shit I do it. I am lazy tho and not stupid. maybe you are not with high enough intellect to understand them slang words so here is a list of some.

And would you like me to correct that for you?

Their = The possessive form of they.
They're = Contraction of 'they are'.
There = At or in that place (not it's only use but the only one i can be bothered with right now)
Your = The possessive form of you.
You're = Contraction of you are.

^^ that is not obsessive English, and lack of correct usage just stems from lack of understanding; I understand that this must be the case here hence I took the time to put the definition of each so you'd understand.

i only do it in texts if its a long one and i dont want to waste credit :\

Same here - nothing beats proper English, but when texting why waste money?. :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2005, 08:19 AM
And while reading shatshaker's posts, remember.. he has more intelligence than you.

Noodles is gay
01-29-2005, 08:22 AM
And while reading shatshaker's posts, remember.. he has more intelligence than you.

Me?

I'm interested now, pray tell...

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2005, 08:25 AM
No, that was a general comment to everybody.

He reckons he's more intelligent than everyone on this board. It was a joke comment.

Noodles is gay
01-29-2005, 08:28 AM
^^

Oh ok, that's all right then - i thought you had some basis for your comment.

Yeah, he's not; I am :p

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Not necessarily.

Noodles is gay
01-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Certainly am...unless Stephen Hawking visits here :cool:

I doubt it though.

I was kidding too - but it just annoys me that people seem incapable of using apostrophes correctly and also muddling up words like ‘your’ and ‘you're’ for, example.

shatskater
01-29-2005, 10:42 AM

thats right. do keep that in mind.

wheelchairman
01-29-2005, 11:13 AM
And would you like me to correct that for you?

Their = The possessive form of they.
They're = Contraction of 'they are'.
There = At or in that place (not it's only use but the only one i can be bothered with right now)
Your = The possessive form of you.
You're = Contraction of you are.

^^ that is not obsessive English, and lack of correct usage just stems from lack of understanding; I understand that this must be the case here hence I took the time to put the definition of each so you'd understand.

I'd call it obsessive simply because I make those mistakes all of the time. They don't prevent you from understanding what I say, No one is going to think I meant your when I actually meant you're.

I personally dislike it when people contract anything, or purposely misspell anything, it's pointless and makes them look like idiots.

Trip Boy
01-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Get a fucking haircut.