PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory...

shatskater
01-27-2005, 08:20 PM
In loving memory of John Simon Ritchie Jr. AKA Sid Vicious. I wrote this myself and I copy/pasted from my site.

John Simon Ritchie was born on May 10th, 1957 in London, England to father John Ritchie and mother Anne Randall. Soon after, his father left causing Anne to take care of herself and the newborn child on her own. Anne and John Ritchie Jr. moved to Ibiza were they stayed with family friends until 1965. Anne supposedly made money by selling marijuana but because of financial problems she was forced to go back to London.

As John grew into a teenager he to become devoted to music and such bands as T-Rex and David Bowie. Being known as a violent person his college friend Johnny Lydon (Johnny Rotten)
nicknamed him Sid Vicious, supposedly after his pet hamster. Now Sid dropped out of high school so he never went to college but they still somehow knew each other and they became close friends. Sid later joined Johnny's street gang, The John's. One of the famous "haunts" that The John's hung around a lot was a shop in London King's called Let It Rock and the owner Malcolm Mclaren. Mclaren was starting a band and asked Johnny to join his new band, the now famous Sex Pistols. Sid decided to start his own band, The Flowers of Romance with members Chrissie Hynde and Viv Albertine, yet the venture never took off and was shortly back at his job in Mclaren's shop. Glen Matlock dropped out of the band because of confrontations with Johnny, the Sex Pistols were in need of a bass player and turned to Sid.

The british establishment dislike the Sex Pistols with a passion and Sid's crude antics onstage, which stereotyped him as a foul-mouthed hoodlum who was attempting to corrupt the youth of England, didn't help very much. Some time after Sid met a young american prostitute and supposed drug user, Nancy Spungen. This meeting ignited the break up of the Sex Pistols. The Pistols last show was in San Fransicso, California. Shortly after, the band broke up and went their seperate ways. Sid and Nancy took up residency in the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Witnesses noticed that both of them were very violent and that they would have many quarrels and arguments. On October 12th, 1978 Nancy was found in the hotel room, dead from one fatal stab wound to the abdomen. Sid, who was in a drugged up haze was immediately accused and arrested. Although he was shortly after released on a $50,000 bail.

Four short months later, on February 2nd, 1979 Sid was found dead from a heroin overdose, of which the heroin was supplied by his own mother. His will declared that he wanted to have his ashes spread over Nancy's grave, and disregarding Nancy's families wishes, one night Anne climbed the cemetary wall and laid her son's ashes over his loves grave. People are still skeptical if it was an accident or suicide, but not his mother. When Sid was found dead, there was a peice of paper on which he had scrawled a poem down on. It was simply entitled 'Nancy'. Sid died at the young age of 21. He succeded in his life motto..."Live fast, Die Young".

R.I.P. Sid

'Nancy'

You were my little baby girl, and I knew all your fears, such joy to hold you in my arms, and kiss away your tears, but now you're gone, there's only pain and nothing I can do, and I don't wanna live this life, if I can't live for you.

samr
01-27-2005, 08:49 PM
I am deeply touched.

Linda
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
You're a little late there, buddy, aren't you?!

ThatOneGuy123
01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Sid was and still is the bomb man it sucks he killed himself I mean if dude loved nancy so much why did he kill her only to think of her later and kill himself angers me but also makes me think

UgLy_eLf
01-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Q&A section!

Q: Why'd he do it? A: Because he was a drugged up loser.

ThatOneGuy123
01-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Q&A section!

Q: Why'd he do it? A: Because he was a drugged up loser.
um correction he was not a loser he was a LEGEND learn the fucking word

UgLy_eLf
01-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Only because he was pulled off the street and thrown into a boy band that mass produced punk rock fashion. Oh and they sucked too, but you people live in this fantasy world where you hear only what you want to hear, no seriously their music blows.

Learn HISTORY fuckwit.

UgLy_eLf
01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
"The Sex Pistols were the brainchild of young entrepreneur Malcolm McLaren, the owner of a London clothes boutique which specialized in anti-fashion."

The fag McLaren threw them together and then began selling a bunch of "punk rock fashion." T-shirts and whatever else the greedy fuck could get a hold of to put the Sex Pistols name all over.

Mota Boy
01-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I must say, at first I was skeptical that you wrote all of that, as I doubted your ability to sustain any one thought for four entire paragraphs. Then I read some of your "sentences" and realized that, yeah, nobody would want to claim that they wrote something like that unless they actually did.

shatskater
01-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I am deeply touched.

if you really meant that. then thank you. i am sorry these other ASSHOLES couldnt respect this.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Just like you respected all the Holocaust victims in my topic?

Pff. Double standard much.

Raf
05-22-2005, 06:59 PM
*salutes the sex pistols and most of all Sid*

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Holy crap, this one's a little ancient.

Raf
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Holy crap, this one's a little ancient.

haha, ya I looked at the date thing, it is pretty old, who is this shatskater cat?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Don't think he comes here much anymore, thank the Lord.

Raf
05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Don't think he comes here much anymore, thank the Lord.

Haha, how mean. whats wrong with him?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Like a lot of people on the board, he can't really be summed up in a sentence. He was liked by some people, but I never liked him myself. Just in general, his posts got on my nerves.

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 07:09 PM
drugged up loser

shit! you guys! learn better insults.
I'm getting flashbacks to kinder garten here.

Raf
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
oh i guess i could see that, most people are like that. so you and him/her didnt get along? so you didnt like him, so I am guessing he didnt liek you also.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-22-2005, 07:11 PM
oh i guess i could see that, most people are like that. so you and him/her didnt get along? so you didnt like him, so I am guessing he didnt liek you also.

I'm not sure if he/she liked me or not. It's not that we didn't get along, really, we never spoke that much. Just disagreed in the odd topic, because either my posts annoyed him or his posts annoyed me.

Raf
05-22-2005, 07:14 PM
haha, oh ok, well i guess that makes some sense, so you dont want him to come back? i wouldnt mind meeting him/her as long as he/she didnt make me angry.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/JohnnyNemesis/2-16-05.gif

Haha.

Yeah, I don't have to add much more.

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 01:05 PM
http://w3.v-net.ne.jp/~chartetu/i/sid.jpg

Sid rocked. Shame he got addicted to drugs and stuff. :(

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I love how this "omfg punk icon" was addicted to drugs and promoted horrible behavior and things of that nature, but the same folks who worship him are going to say that rap music is all about doing this bad thing or that bad thing.

Rather than get pissed again about that, I'll give a quick "HA!" at the incredible hypocrisy and idiocy of that fact and move along.

Mota Boy
05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
...not to mention that NiG dedicated an entire thread to disgusting pictures because of their supposed violation of general morality, yet can idolize someone like Sid Vicious, who supposedly did the same thing when he first arrived on the scene.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I kinda stayed away from that thread for that very reason. Also, speaking of that thread, "morals" or "morality" are great words for people who want to justify something without an argument, when if they were more honest or accurate they'd say "My opinion on how life should be, which I think you ALL should adhere to, no matter what it is".

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 01:33 PM
...not to mention that NiG dedicated an entire thread to disgusting pictures because of their supposed violation of general morality, yet can idolize someone like Sid Vicious, who supposedly did the same thing when he first arrived on the scene.

I don't idolize Sid; I thought he was a cool guy in his 'pre-drug' days (which is when that picture was taken). Plus I like what he wears - very cool, and I like the Sex Pistols. But I don't idolize the guy.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah, but Jennyluv, you still think this person is/was cool and like them (you said pre-drug days, I acknowledge that, but still) while talking about general morality in another thread.

coke_a_holic
05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
They've got you cornered... There's no chance in getting out of this one.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Nah, no cornering, as she's a buddy of mine. Just an argument/discussion.

Not to harp on anything though, Jenny, but you're also a well-known pothead. As far as morality goes, I think that proves that it's a term used by so many people in so many usually horrible ways that it's meaningless.

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, but Jennyluv, you still think this person is/was cool and like them (you said pre-drug days, I acknowledge that, but still) while talking about general morality in another thread.

yeah, he was cool. :D

Nah, no cornering, as she's a buddy of mine. Just an argument/discussion.

Not to harp on anything though, Jenny, but you're also a well-known pothead. As far as morality goes, I think that proves that it's a term used by so many people in so many usually horrible ways that it's meaningless.

me?! :eek: 'pothead'! I'll have you know that I haven't had any in almost a week! :o

Plus pot isn't immoral really, it's legal in Holland and it's only banned here because of 'health risks'(ostensibly). In addition; the Romans used it! :D sorry, I just had to include that)

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Plus pot isn't immoral really, it's legal in Holland and it's only banned here because of 'health risks'(ostensibly).

Moral and legal have absolutely nothing to do with one another though. And health risks aren't really what make people here (and probably there) think it's immoral; the fact that it's a "drug" (ooooh drugs! Eeeeeeevil! Now go kill some men for your country, soldier!), and supposedly promotes laziness is what makes it "immoral". Also, read my earlier definition of the word "moral"! I don't really believe in that word the way it's been used so far.

Marijuana is fine in my opinion, but when you introduce "morals" into the whole thing, people who smoke pot are in a very precarious position.

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't think morals come into smoking pot; you do it to yourself.

damn the whole; 'ooh, bad drugs' argument. It's so stupid, plus pot can be good for some people! :p

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Does that really make a difference though? And with the way marijuana gets around, you don't necessarily do it to yourself. I mean, YOU, Jenny, you do it to yourself as a responsible person, but not everyone is as careful with it, and it gets around, etc. Morals, in that case, would be completely different for you than for that person, which is really iffy because morals exist to be applied to EVERYONE.

My point though was that society as a whole tends to label marijuana as immoral, so morals DO come into it whether we want them to or not.

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 03:49 PM
ah, point taken.

That's because society as a whole tends to be a bit on the dim, gullible and ignorant side.

Raf
05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes and both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew and smoked their own marijuana.

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah, and Snoop Dogg as well!